Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ace Detective Dick Dongle Goes To The Store
55 words

The cashier saw the name on Dick Dongle's credit card and giggled. Next time, he had a plan. Dick Dongle tossed on a greatcoat, carefully set in his monocle, donned a fashionable homburg, dobbed some tobacco into his chillum and held the malacca proudly out front. No one would laugh at a well-dressed ace detective!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Legitimate Business (98 words)

“Say boss, isn’t this a little past the expiration date?”

The black suits had gathered in the milk aisle. Benedict cradled the carton in his massive hands, his knuckles still bloodied beneath paper-thin gloves. He stooped down low so Amelia could see it. She offered the label a cursory glance.

“Eh, two days. Odd I guess if no one caught it.”

“Should we look elsewhere? It’s the last one.”

Amelia scratched her head, her disheveled haircut, careful not to let slip the scalpels up her sleeve.

“It’ll be fine. Those things are just a guesstimate anyway.”

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Marlboro Country
100 words

The store was filthy enough to make a red light district blush. I kept my eyes on the Indian vendor as I approached the counter, my thumb on the smooth hammer of the Smith & Wesson’s in my pocket.

"Marlboro's," I said.

I paid in good hard American cash, scooping up the change and counting it on the way out.

"Sir," he cried from behind me. I stopped dead, hand going back in my pocket.

“You forgot your cigarettes."

I cursed and went back. "Thanks," I said. I picked up my smokes, put a penny in the jar and went home.

Kalyco
Apr 4, 2013

Phobia posted:

You got it! Got one more opening for last week!

Which I would greatly appreciate, if it's still available. Many thanks!

Kalyco fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 27, 2014

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It's Not Adventure Time
100 words

Lizzie was in a convenience store in the middle of nowhere, but felt conscious of her broom idling just outside the store.

She set the boxes of Pocky neatly on the cash register, and dug inside her robes for loose change that Audrey had given her. It was the exact amount.

"Nice costume," the cashier said. "Love the hat."

"Uh, thanks."

"Who are you cosplaying?" That was one of Audrey's secular words.

"Adventure Time," Lizzie said, mouthing off one of her friend's favorite shows. She grabbed the bag and dashed for her broom.

I'm never doing this again, she thought.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Did you just write Adventure Time fanfiction?

Congratulations for being the first person ever to lose INTERPROMPT, which has no winners or losers.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
"Things Will Never Be The Same"
Word Count: 94

Joseph’s hand twitched as he gripped the steel handles. He anticipated the hordes of beasts that would flood through the supermarket, mindlessly seeking out the last vestiges of humanity to quench their insatiable appetite. He reflexively squeezed his finger into an invisible trigger, realizing that he was also unarmed. With a deep breath, he pulled open the door, ready to face the beasts that had haunted him for years.

The constant beep from the checkout line and the shuffling of items brought him back into reality. Things really did get back to normal, huh.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
An Actual Argument That Happened Last Night (100 words)

Chargeforth the Half-Orc Barbarian stood, +3 dragonsbane sword unsheathed, at the gates to the City of Terror.

"Honey, I have a question," said Sharg the Hammer of Rage, Cleric of Gorum.

"Your Armor Class is still 23," said Chargeforth. Cursed drakes slavered overhead.

"Uh, not about that. I know I said I wouldn't ask, but did you remember to lock the Hyundai?"

"Jesus loving Christ! You saw me lock it! I even made it beep!"

"Ugh," said Sharg. "Fine."

"Sorry, babe. I think I'm hangry. Wanna go slay some Indian food?"

God Over Djinn fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 26, 2014

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Working on my crits... will try to finish by tonight https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eAvCaGfk6xfdDrawgooPzgCbntCx4s_54l5z1_FvSaA/edit?usp=sharing

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:siren:Beefmojaroni Challenge:siren:

Andfinallyyes

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Slow Day At Homicide (100 words)

The murder came quick in the midday: one flash of the knife and tomato stains all across the aisle. The widow flopped to the ground in grief, hitting on a soft spot with an unappetizing squish.

"Who could have done such a thing?" asked the bananas, the avocados, the pineapple. "This is truly..."

"God drat it, detective, what did I say about staging cold cases in the produce aisle?"

The detective turned away from his diorama to see a grocery clerk, arms crossed, leering down at him. "Er, sorry."

He left quietly, embarassed, groceries unbought, killer still on the loose.

ACTUAL REAL HUMAN EDIT: I finished writing this and then I saw this:

Some Guy TT posted:

Ace Detective Dick Dongle Goes To The Store
55 words

Is 'detective in the supermarket' a genre? I think we should make it a genre.

Mazo Panku fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 26, 2014

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Did you just write Adventure Time fanfiction?

Congratulations for being the first person ever to lose INTERPROMPT, which has no winners or losers.

I don't think merely referencing fiction or its fans quite counts as fanfiction, Mr Muffin, any more than referencing BioTech and HG Wells makes this comment science fiction. Spurious Gene-splicing Tripod Criticism Fail.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
An Actual Argument That Happened Last Night, Part 2 (100 words)

Sharg the Hammer of Rage returned to the table, where fifteen flaming mythic skeletons now triumphantly hoisted their javelins. The Ranger's bear companion was enwreathed in flames.

"gently caress, guys," he said. "What did you do?"

"Well," said Hamwise the Human Fighter, "There were these altars, and the goblins were sleeping on them, so..." He made sheepish circles in the dirt with the point of his bastard sword.

"Can I not take a dump in peace? The first rule of adventuring is don't spill blood on altars without asking the cleric first." Sharg sighed, and prepared to cast Turn Undead.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
THUNDERDOME XCIV RESULTS!

It turns out that while we don't agree on who did a good job, we have pretty consistent thoughts who did lovely. And even if you don't rate a mention below, that doesn't mean you're top poo poo either. Write a loving story and not a textual vomit of exposition and maybe I'll hate your entries less.

kurona_bright with Brain Block loses for the sake of writing a terrible mess of a story that doesn't make any sense.

Dishonorable mentions go to all the first timers: Ironic Twist, Broenheim, and Mazo Panku. Read the crits, keep at it, and maybe you'll be less lovely next time.

In terms of the good, there was a lot of disagreement. Just because you're not on this list doesn't mean that you don't have your advocate amongst the judges.

Honorable mention goes to Tyrannosaurus for writing something about dogs, and who avoided the win by measure of dogs not actually being all that alien.

And, finally, our winner is Sitting Here with The View From Within for writing the very best of the popular sub-prompt of "non-corporeal intelligence living in a human's head."

Get on it SH, I'm out!

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

This week a lot of you seemed to have trouble with getting a conflict through in your stories. That's pretty critical, since a story is, at its core, about a conflict. It's about people trying to get things they want. Or trying to stop things they don't want. This is what your story is about. Your story isn't about showing me a really cool idea you came up with. If you want to show me a really cool idea, come up with a conflict that incorporates that idea. Compare The Non and Rooftop Brain Crack Blues, both of which have a theme of a human becoming something inhuman, if you want to see a good way to build conflict (by hinting at wrongness in the beginning, as in RBCB) and a poor way to build conflict (reams of exposition, as in The Non).

A lot of you had problems with pacing, too. You started off very slowly, and only got to the interesting stuff, the stuff that matters in the end, about halfway through your story. When you're writing short stories as short as Thunderdome entries, you need to get to the point quickly. If you don't get to the point, your story ends up being mostly about buildup. Beef's written way more on pacing than I want to, so just look for his previous judgeposts where he laid out a helpful guide to pacing yourself with a TD entry. Again, for comparison, look at Liar, Liar and Brain Block. In the former, we get our kicker six sentences in: it's impossible to lie in this alien's language. In the latter, it takes a while to even get to some weird stuff happening, and then it keeps happening vaguely until the end, when finally we know what's happening, and then it's over in an instant.

Don't try to hide your hand if you don't have any reason to. You want your reader to be interested. And if you lead with something interesting, or weird, or 'wrong' (like RBCB's dead boyfriend or Liar Liar's truth-telling language) you'll then have to contend with that weird/interesting/wrong thing, and now your story is about something interesting and not boring dudes doing boring things until they finally stumble on something interesting in the last line and promptly die of sudden narrative interest.

All right, here's your crits.

God Over Djinn - Liar Liar

What's good about this is that you had an interesting concept (an alien who only understands literal truth) and a decent set of conflicts between not wanting the alien to fall into the wrong hands and the alien struggling with lying. Your choice of viewpoint character limited you, though, because it was the supervisor (or something) watching this unfold with the translator and the alien. The external conflict doesn't really come in until later on in the story, so it feels a bit rushed.

Personal HM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Good job on this. What would have bumped it up to excellent would be if the alien had interpreted lying as 'creating a new truth'. It's an alien mind learning a human concept on human terms, but learning it on alien terms would make it seem even more alien.

Ironic Twist - The Non

Your first paragraphs are a bit of worldbuilding that don't do a whole lot aside from offering a kind of cliche glimpse of humanity. It sort of works as a contrast against alien intelligence, but the real problem here is worldbuilding. Most of what your aliens say is just explaining their situation, and that doesn't make for a very good story. If you want to use worldbuilding in a story, you have to relate it to the plot and let it emerge naturally through your viewpoint character. Here in your story, the aliens are explicitly telling your character what's up. The second real problem here is a weak conflict. Even if it's a little cheesy, I like the idea of a space greaser kinda guy. The problem is, he doesn't do anything or want anything. He just gets zapped by an alien and then he gets turned into an alien. Even the basic conflict of 'don't zap me and turn me into an alien, dude' doesn't come in until almost the very end.

While you were a personal DM candidate, you were the best of the bunch. Your writing style is fine, but the story itself was so weak and stuffed with worldbuilding that I had to put it up for DM.

Truly Alien?: Yes, the idea of being born an ultimate genius and slowly getting less intelligent as you age is a pretty alien concept. It would have been nice if you could have explored that instead of just telling us about it.

Sitting Here - The View From Within

Sometimes, the weird dream-prose worked for me. But every time I hit the word 'porthole' or 'demesne', it pulled me right back out of it. It felt repetitive, which I understand as an artifact of the dreaming state, but it also felt awkwardly specific, like a pure dream-concept would be more abstract. It was otherwise decent, but that and some other word-choice stumbling blocks kept me from suggesting an HM.

Truly Alien?: In a vague, misty sort of way, it seemed pretty in human, so good job.

Broenheim - Foreign Language

This story left me a bit confused, and when that happens, it's not a good sign. Your tense shifted around weirdly in the first section, which I assume was a result of the quasi-retelling you were doing. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it definitely wasn't working for me. I also had trouble with making the connection that Artifices were translator robots, because it seemed like they were an alien thing at first, not a human thing. Also, you mentioned an offer early on, but it takes you until well past the middle of your story before we actually get an idea of what the offer is. You didn't do a terrible job of setting up the negotiations as your conflict, but still, we as reader don't understand what's going on until late in the story.

DM candidate but being a halfway competent story saved it from being a loser candidate.

Truly Alien?: Maybe, but obstinacy seems like a very human trait, even if it's not one we like to use to define ourselves. If you'd spent more time on negotiations, cutting out the unimportant setup in the beginning, you could have teased out the idea of aliens that have no dreams or aspirations.

Entenzahn - Rebirth

Like a lot of people this week, you start off with a really slow beginning and only get into the stuff that matters near the end. I'm not sure what the souls-as-maggots-in-the-coffin image is supposed to convey, other than that the spirit is in the afterlife. Eventually you build up to the idea that this spirit is one that can grant death, and we get to the actual conflict--someone fighting off death again and again. The 'twelfth time' line would have worked better if there'd been more hints toward the idea that the spirit had done this before again and again. And the way it ends isn't really a resolution of any conflict, though I guess in a way that's the 'point'.

Truly Alien?: Not so much, it seems like it's a pretty human spirit with a purpose, with mercy, with hunger, that are expressed in fairly-human ways.

Meeple - Minor divinity

I liked this one. Not enough for HM, but you had a good opening line and some good lines sprinkled throughout too, but there were some that felt more cliche than not ('a never-ending parade of doctors and psychiatrists') The one real problem story-wise was that it felt longer than it needed to be, especially given that it was a little over the word limit. One thing that didn't jive with me was describing it as a 'god', because there's no real instance of divine things happening, other than a bit of extradimensional shifting around. The ending was a bit silly, but I liked it anyway.

Truly Alien?: We don't exactly get to see whether it's got alien thoughts, but it does have a very alien coat of paint on, at the very least.

Some Guy TT - The Day Of A Dozen Suns

I had a feeling this week was going to be Worldbuilding Week, and yeah, it kind of was. However, unlike the story that got DMed for worldbuilding, you managed to show it from within the mind of a character in that world. It still wasn't entirely smooth, but it flowed a lot better. There was a good sense of urgency too, but what kept the story from being better was that her motivations weren't clear until the very end. The desire for immortality is pretty obvious, but she spends so much time thinking about what she's not doing and so little time thinking about what it is she's doing.

Truly Alien?: Did a good enough job that you reminded me of Asimov's aliens from The Gods Themselves, so nice going.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! - It's Lonely Up There

I feel like saying something about your username, so there, I just did.

This feels like a bedtime story in both a good way and a bad way. It's got a sort of twee softness to it that I think works in its favor, but it's also a bit disjointed and it's more about a sort of amusing situation than a clear plot with conflict. The confrontation with Neil Armstrong works, but it seems like a separate episode to the other two, one of which is Luna leaving and the other is Luna finding the Earth. I didn't feel any narrative thread connecting them or why each of them is important to the others.

Truly Alien?:
Alien enough in body though a bit more human in spirit. I liked the idea that there are certain things moons particularly like to orbit more than others.

Mazo Panku - Birthday Boy

I got to read my first talking heads story as a judge. Thanks, Panku. Thanku.

Nothing happens in this story. Yes, they do some vague things, but really, nothing happens. It's a couple of aliens in boring human suits doing boring human things and making offhand comments about how strange boring human stuff is. They don't even seem particularly alien in mind, they just seem like they're unfamiliar with human culture. You dropped in a few hints of interesting stuff happening in other times and other places and that just makes me more upset that there were interesting things I could have been reading about.

Loser/DM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Only in a sitcom, 'what is this human picture box you stare into??' kind of way.

Kalyco - Actuality: Encounter Protocol

while Actuality seems like a silly name for a rover, I did like this. It was light and happy, and you did one of the best jobs of portraying a non-human intellect in a relatable but clearly non-human way. My main issue with it was, like a lot of stories this week, the first half of it could have been shortened to make room for more of the interesting bits. You could have spent more time on the tension of what the alien rover is and what it's going to do before having the kind of cute rover-meets-rover scene.

HM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Stuck with the spirit of the prompt and one of my favorite interpretations of alien intelligence this week.

Curlingiron - Eternal Blossom

This was well-written and I liked it but it didn't feel like a full story to me. It's a pretty vignette, but the conflict is a bit flat. Aiyana tells the hill that she has to go, the hill says it'll wait for her, and then it ends on a note of rebirth. You had 300 more words to work with, so I feel like you could have set up more of an arc with Aiyana or more of a resolution with the modern girl.

Truly Alien?: Not that alien, but maybe that's because you anthropomorphized the hill well.

Tyrannosaurus - Breed Standard

There's not a lot I can say about this one because it's good. It's a good, solid story, an interesting but compelling interpretation of the prompt, and because it was a story about a dog, it was an automatic candidate for an HM. However, it was a story about a dog that dies, so it lost the automatic HM candidacy. Yet it was good enough on its own merits that it didn't need to tap into my fondness for dogs for me to like it.

Winner/HM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Close enough.

Fumblemouse - Kept in mind

I thought this was dumb. Do you want to know how dumb this was? I can show you.

'minuscule in chronology'

Also, I didn't see any conflict in there. Your thought parasite eats one person's thoughts, then eats another's, and goes 'oh, human emotions? haha' and then waits for another human to come along. In case you forgot how dumb this was:

'I almost hesitated before violating their newly-arrived boundaries of selfish-hood'

DM candidate.

Truly Alien?: I believe Fumblemouse is an alien trying to assault my brain using overwritten prose.

Phobia - Rooftop Brain Crack Blues

Not only was this an interesting depiction of an interesting situation, it's fun. There's a good enough mix of irreverent attitude to offset the grosser aspects, and you do something well that people this week struggled with: you start off right when something interesting is happening. You managed to sell something as simple as the struggle to climb to the roof as a solid conflict, and the whole thing just worked. My personal favorite.

Winner/HM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Literally and specifically inhuman. Works for me.

Kurona_bright - Brain Block

This story felt like you were coming up with it as you were writing it. You introduce Jack's name before you actually explain who he is and it seems like it should have come up way earlier in the exchange. To your writing in specific, you use a lot of qualifiers in an attempt to come off as more conversational. I recognize that because I did it and I still do it and I have to work to not do it. Work on saying what you mean clearly and concisely. Cut out things like "definitely" and "apparently". Also, the ending was flat--this coma spirit just hops into her, and that's it. It's not a resolution even to the rudimentary conflict you set up between Mark and Hillary. A story's end doesn't need to wrap everything up completely and it doesn't need to end in a way that pleases everyone, but it needs to end, it can't just cut off at a cliffhanger.

Loser/DM candidate.

Truly Alien?: Didn't really seem like it.

Hocus Pocus - Abacus In Chains

Like a lot of people this week, you could have cut down your introduction a lot. It feels like a wholly separate segment, especially since the rest of it is essentially coming from Tomy's viewpoint. The concept here was solid, but at the same time, there wasn't any clear conflict. Abacus wants to kill off its knowledge, so it does. It gets Tony to do it, and he does. Everything happens without really any difficulty or questioning, aside from some nice Yudkowskian torture-threatening. Not bad, but ultimately not a full story.

Truly Alien?: Close enough to count. You specifically said it was human-like, but it takes a particularly inhuman approach to its problems.

V for Vegas - Immigration

This wasn't terrible, but more of the jokes fell a bit flat for me than not. The only real struggle here is his sudden histrionics when he's told he has to disembowel himself to get through immigration, and then it's a bit of flailing before ending on a joke that I didn't really like.

Truly Alien?: Not really, it's an absurd situation, but all the reactions and situations are too human for me to think it's an inhuman intelligence.

Phobia
Apr 25, 2011

I'm a suave detective with a heart of gold in hot pursuit of the malevolent, manipulative
MIAMI MUTILATOR
and the deranged degenerates who only want their
15 MINUTES OF FAME.

OCK.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

:siren:INTERPROMPT: THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN FANTASTIC:siren:

The Night The Milk Spilled
98 words

Ulysses Fury stood hunched over the freezer section. The milk cartons flowed across the aisle like his dead wife.

2%? 1% Whole? Skim? Ulysses gnashed his teeth. He grabbed a nearby kid by the collar and pulled his pistol from his trenchcoat.

"Tell me what I want to know! 2%, Whole, difference, now!"

"I don't know!" Kid said. "I'm just the janitor! Oh god please don't shoot me!"

Ulysses spat in the Kid's face. "Wrong answer, punk."

Security caught Ulysses bashing the kid's head against the freezer door. The third grocery store Ulysses was banned from. When will the pain end?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:siren: Thunderdome Week XCV: Inhuman Centipede :siren:

ok so first of all,

now that that's out of the way, welcome to another one of my gimmicky-rear end weeks. I'm calling this Inhuman Centipede Week because you are going to be sinking those sharp writer's chops into the fine rear ends of your fellow domer's stories.

Here's how it's going to work:

You will sign up.

You will receive a random story from the Thunderdome Archive.

You will take the last line of that story, and make it the first line of your own story. Don't just stick the line at the beginning of your story and call it good, either. It has to flow with the rest of the story.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

Google image search "Ore People." Choose a picture. That is your prompt for the meat of your story. (full disclosure, I stole this idea from Tyrannosaurus) Post the picture in your signup post or w/e

God help us all.

Word count: The length of the original story EDIT: OR, 750 words. Whichever is higher.

Signups end 11:59:59 PM PST on Friday night.
Deadline for stories is 11:59:59 PM PST on Sunday night.

Judges:
me
God Over Djinn
Sebmojo

Ore people:

Phobia - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=32 - Everything good in your assigned story is now bad. Tell me about it.
WLOTM - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1312 - Use a character from your assigned story, reverse their motivation.
Meeple - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1836
Bad Seafood - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=580
dobeard - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=881
Mazo Panku - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=526
kurona_bright -
http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=739
Gau - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1835
Mercedes - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=110
Tyrannosaurus - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=293
Ironic Twist - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=543 - It must flow naturally from realism to nightmare. And don't have it be a dream
Some Guy TT - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=805
SurreptitiousMuffin - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=542
Hocus Pocus -
http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=35
Fumblemouse - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1577
Dr. Kloctopussy - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=162 - must use the first line of your assigned story rather than the last line.
CommissarMega - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1645
Ungeziefer - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=165
Grizzled Patriarch - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1630
curlingiron - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=696
crabrock - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1134
theblunderbus - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1733
kalyoc - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=504
Whalley - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=281
Entenzahn - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=2129
Broenheim - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1557
Cheneyjugend - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=356
Nikaer Drekin - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=2153
D.O.G.O.G.B.Y.N. - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1666 - a man of wealth and taste
Obliterati - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=504
lambeth - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=65
Drunk Nerds - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=247
magnificent7 - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=158
Cache Cab - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=156
Kaishai - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1732
PootieTang - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1327
dhamster - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=75
pandycanda - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1932
Anomalous Blowout - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1266 - The wisest thing anyone ever said to you.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 31, 2014

Phobia
Apr 25, 2011

I'm a suave detective with a heart of gold in hot pursuit of the malevolent, manipulative
MIAMI MUTILATOR
15 MINUTES OF FAME.

OCK.
In love with this prompt. In. Yes. In.

EDIT:

Phobia fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 27, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Flash rules will be assigned to the first three people to ask for them.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Phobia posted:

In love with this prompt. In. Yes. In.

You get:

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=32

(username/password is thunderdome/thunderdome if anyone forgot somehow)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah I'll sign up and I'll take one of them flash rules because I live dangerously.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 27, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Yeah I'll sign up and I'll take one of them flash rules because I live dangerously.

Use a character from your assigned story, reverse their motivation.

Meeple
Dec 29, 2009
What can possibly go wrong? Other than 'everything'. I will join the ranks of the Children of the Ore - in

Edit: I chose this one just because its stock images title is A contract is an agreement concluded by two ore more people.

Meeple fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 27, 2014

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

nvm

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

And for your last-first line, you get:

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1312

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Also, if you didn't see my edit, please include your Ore People image (or a link to it) in your signup post, or edit one in if you haven't already.

live boldly and dangerously

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Meeple posted:

What can possibly go wrong? Other than 'everything'. I will join the ranks of the Children of the Ore - in

You got:

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1836

Also, post a Ore People picture at some point

Phobia
Apr 25, 2011

MIAMI MUTILATOR
15 MINUTES OF FAME.

OCK.

sebmojo posted:

Flash rules will be assigned to the first three people to ask for them.

My picture is a bag of hashbrowns. Hit me Seb.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Hit me.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

ka-POW

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=580

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Heat bad Thunderdome good

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

docbeard posted:

Heat bad Thunderdome good

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=881

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
This guy's name is Pimpton, and I'm going to ride his carcass to either glory or demise. I'm in.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Mazo Panku posted:

This guy's name is Pimpton, and I'm going to ride his carcass to either glory or demise. I'm in.

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=526

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phobia posted:

My picture is a bag of hashbrowns. Hit me Seb.

Everything good in your assigned story is now bad. Tell me about it.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Ouch.

I'm in.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. :downs:

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 27, 2014

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

kurona_bright posted:

Ouch.

I'm in.

SH's out to lunch so I'm manning the desk.

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=739

Where's your ore people?

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
In

Only registered members can see post attachments!

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=1835

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Anoint me. Maybe I'll write a story!

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 27, 2014

• Locked thread