Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Payback - Chicago, IL (June 1st, 8:00PM EST)

The Matches:
  • John Cena vs Bray Wyatt - Last Man Standing

• The Shield vs Evolution - Elimination No Holds Barred Match

• Rob Van Dam vs Wade Barrett(c) - Intercontinental Championship

• Sheamus (c) vs Cesaro - United States Championship

• Paige (c) vs Alicia Fox - WWE Divas Championship

• Pre-Show: Hornswoggle vs El Torito - Hair vs Mask match

• WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan must decide to either vacate his title or Brie Bella will be fired.

WWE SmackDown!
  • Just watch Raw, the same stuff happens.

WWE Monday Night Raw

• Stephanie McMahon Fires Bradley Maddox
    Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, the Authority, came to the ring to discuss tonight being all about choices. Stephanie spoke about Daniel Bryan's choice and whether he will surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. She said it was a shame his body was only a B+, but they were right all along on that. Triple H then spoke about legends and those who perish, saying Evolution are legends and The Shield will perish. The 6-man tag this Sunday, if you hadn't heard, is a No Holds Barred Elimination match. Hunter said the Shield has a choice tonight, to sign the contracts and perish or walk away and live to fight another day. Stephanie then called out Brad Maddox.

Brad slowly, and nervously, walked to the ring. The Authority called him out to discuss his choice last week, which allowed Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to sit ringside for the Rollins-Batista match last week. Maddox said he was beaten and had no choice, but Steph saw differently. She said that right now, the Authority had no choice. On that, Kane's music hit, and the masked demon stalked to the ring. Triple H punched Maddox out, and the Authority left Brad for dead with Kane standing over him. The crowd did not care about this one tiny bit. Stephanie told Kane to teach him a lesson. That lesson included a chokeslam, followed by a tombstone piledriver. Sucks to be Maddox. Stephanie concluded the segment by firing Brad Maddox.

Maddox was a Vince hire as GM, so we'll see if that plays into anything here. We've been waiting for Vince to come back forever to put his daughter in place, and it hasn't yet, so who knows.

Oh boy, tonight: Bray Wyatt has a message for the entire Cenation!

Rob Van Dam vs Cesaro
    Cesaro beat RVD with a German Suplex bridged into a pin. Cesaro has a new King of Swing shirt, which plays off the old King of the Ring logos. Before the match, Bad News Barrett came out and said today was officially the first day of Summer. I have some bad news for him, as it isn't. He said RVD's summer will end with a loss to Barrett, or something. #BNB did commentary for the match, ultimately getting involved and distracting RVD enough to cost him the match. Sheamus ran in afterwards and took Cesaro out with a Brogue Kick.

They haven't told us yet that Bryan is actually here, or done any angle that shows he has arrived.

Summer Rae vs Eva Marie
    This battle, thankfully, only went a minute before Fandango & Layla came to the stage and danced. Summer was so enthralled with the pair, she completely forgot about her opponent. Eva landed a roll up of sorts to pin Summer. Will Miz return to align with Summer against her former dance partner, or will Summer find a new man to assist her? Hey, Brad Maddox is free.

Backstage, Cody Rhodes & Goldust were telling Randy Orton & Batista that they are issuing an open challenge for any tag team tonight. Trash talk back and forth culminated in Triple H making Rhodes Brothers vs Orton & Batista for tonight. He also said it'd be no ordinary match.

El Torito pinned Drew McIntyre in a ridiculous and embarrassing segment. Hornswoggle pulled Torito's tail off, and the little guy ran off hurt, or sad, or whatever. Dumb, both for kids and business strategists. Drew and Heath are too good for this.

Backstage, Los Matadores were begging the WWE doctor to put Torito's tail back on. He said he couldn't, as he is not a veterinarian.

Bray Wyatt's Message to CENATION
    Bray started by telling the Universe that he does have the whole world in his hands. He wants now, though, to talk with Jerry Lawler. He asked Lawler to come in the ring, but Jerry declined. Bray sent Luke and Rowan to get him, telling Cole and JBL to stand down. JBL did not take kindly to Bray's words, so Luke and Rowan took JBL out. Now, Jerry obliged and got in the ring. Rowan set up a chair in the center, and Bray told him to sit and be not afraid. He asked why Jerry Lawler keeps buying up John Cena's garbage and feeds it to the audience. He asked if Jerry feels guilty about destroying millions of lives in the corrupt name of John Cena. Of course, Bray never let Jerry answer. He then apologized for what was to come. Rowan and Luke grabbed Jerry, but John Cena ran in to make the save. He failed, however. Bray held Lawler in the corner, while Rowan and Luke made quick work of Cena. Bray said he would end Cena at Payback, but right now, he wants John to watch Jerry fall. Bray was about to give Jerry the Sister Abigail, when two children from the back ran in to make the save. Wait, sorry, those are the Usos. Who would have known. The team saved Cena and Jerry. With the Wyatts on the ramp, collecting themselves, Cena called Bray evil and said he will stop Bray at Payback.

Back from break, JBL looks to be out of commentary for the night due to the attack at the hands of the Wyatts.

Zack Ryder is Mr. America
    Zack Ryder made a rare appearance in a match on Raw. He came out with the American Flag, and was about to speak when Lana's music hit. She introduced Rusev for this rare Rusev vs White Guy bout. And... it was over pretty quick, as Rusev picks up another victory via Accolade.

With Rusev failing to let go of the hold, Big E's music hit and the former IC Champion ran Rusev off. Big E then took over flag waving duties as the crowd cheered him on.

Backstage, Stephanie McMahon and Alberto Del Rio were seen talking.

Goldust & Cody Rhodes vs Batista & Randy Orton
    Evolution won when Orton pinned Cody after two RKO's. On commentary, Cole said Evolution has been dying for this return match at Payback. Odd, since it was Hunter who wondered why they were even having one just two weeks ago, and it was Shield begging for it in the first place.

Justin Roberts, immediately after the pinfall, announced this match was actually an elimination match. So it was Goldust vs Batista and Orton, and Roberts said it was no holds barred. Cole reminded us of Triple's words, saying this match wouldn't be ordinary.

Goldust took a spear, RKO, then powerbomb and was finished as Evolution gets the victory.

JBL Returns! JBL was back on commentary, laughing off the attack. Jerry thanked JBL for standing up for him. JBL has to come back out to Bo-Lieve!

Bo Dallas pinned Sin Cara after the Bodog. That's the tornado bulldog. Bo thanked his Bolievers, and told them to Bolieve! He then hugged Sin Cara and left.

The Usos vs Luke Harper & Rowan is the main event tomorrow on Main Event.

The Decision 2014: Daniel Bryan Edition
    With Stephanie in the ring, Daniel Bryan returned with a soft collar around his neck. Stephanie told Bryan to do the right thing for the WWE Universe, and give them a fighting champion. Bryan spoke about the years of hard work and sacrifice paying off with his World title win, but unfortunately, his neck injury is worse than first thought. Bryan said there was no shame in relinquishing the championship and taking the time to heel. Steph promised him another title shot when he's healthy. Bryan laughed at Steph saying he could go through it all over again. Bryan got in Stephanie's face, and chastised her for wanting to strip him of the title ever since WrestleMania. Bryan then said that he couldn't just hand the belts over. Chad Collyer somewhere grows more frustrated. So while there is no shame in handing the belts over, he won't do it, because that would negate the struggle and all the voices of the WWE Universe. Bryan proceeded to chant "No!" in Stephanie's face. Stephanie said she was afraid this would happen, and played a video back of Brie pushing Stephanie 2 weeks ago on Raw. She is using that as blackmail. She offered Bryan one more chance to hand the titles over, or else Brie will be fired. Bryan's new decision will take place at Payback.

Vince has to be returning at Payback. HAS TO!

Michael Cole, legit said the following: "NXT Takeover. The big match! Charlotte vs Natalya. The reason this is important? Charlotte's dad, Ric Flair will be in her corner!" Yep, it isn't important because the title or wrestlers in the title match. But rather, it is important because of Ric Flair.

Alicia Fox' best meltdown yet.
    Emma pinned Alicia Fox. Alicia, by the way, is the one wrestling for the title on Sunday. Alicia threw another fit post-match, throwing Emma down by her hair and such. After throwing Emma out of the ring, Alicia told us that she "doesn't lose, okay" and she "isn't a loser." She gave a ringside attendant a wedgie, which the crowd liked. JBL begged for referees to come down, because JBL was done interfering with wrestlers.

Hornswoggle vs Torito in a Mask vs Hair match on the Payback preshow was announced.

Adam Rose vs Davy Crockett
    Rose pinned Damien Sandow, who was Davy Crockett this week, after the Party Foul. Becky Lynch and Simon Gotch, among others, were back as the original entourage. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter kidnapped the lemon in the entourage during the match, but Rose was able to free him and party with his group after his victory. Zeb and Swagger better hope to have a better plan for Rose this Sunday. Crowd not that into Rose. No shock there.

Sheamus vs Del Rio in a first time ever match.
    Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio with the Brogue Kick in, what I believe, was their 304th match against each other. They teased the Payback 2013 finish from Dolph vs Del Rio. Sheamus sold like he was loopy, with a possible concussion, but was able to get the win anyway. Paul Heyman was at ringside and distracted Sheamus on the mic following the bout, allowing Cesaro to run in and attack Sheamus from behind. Sheamus tried to fight back but he was still out of it. Cesaro nailed the Neutralizer to end the beatdown. CAN CESARO REGAIN THE US TITLE THIS SUNDAY!?

Brian Stann appeared on WWE TV again with a Hire Heroes infomercial.

The Contract Signing
    First sign this won't go well: Only three pens on the table. Easy catalyst for a brawl. The Shield were out first, and they immediately threw the chairs and table out of the ring. Well, there goes the signing. Rollins, to no crowd reaction, said they were passed signing contracts. Evolution entered the arena to their music, with HHH changing from his suit to jeans and a T. Hunter said that if Shield goes through with this match, it will be the last we ever see of the Shield. Shield didn't back down. Rollins signed it, then Dean signed it, albeit after trouble handling the pen. Roman signed it last, and he threw the contract out of the ring to the feet of Randy Orton. Evolution all signed the contract. THE MATCH IS OFFICIAL!

Dead silence from this crowd still for all this. Roman challenged Evolution to come in the ring and fight. Hunter, Orton, and Batista obliged and we got the usual contract signing brawl to close the go home show. Hunter brought in a sledgehammer to put over the No DQ rules on Sunday. So yep, Evolution got the upper hand to close out this Raw, finishing with a trio powerbomb on Reigns through the announce table.
credit report to f4w
--------------------------------------------------------------
Other useful links

WWE Network
NXT Discussion
Link to WWE Network General Discussion
If you're poor as heck this will give you cheap poo poo to eat.
Link to WWE Network Live Events Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Help me on my quest.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Brad Maddox was fired. This is a loving travesty.

BRING BACK BRAD

BRING BACK BRAD

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Missed the show tonight, sounds like I didn't miss much. I was watching Ninja Warrior instead and probably will be for the next few months. But I did see they showed upcoming contestants and former Tough Enough contestant and indy wrestler Matt Cross is going to be on in a couple weeks. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Please add to OP tia

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In other news, Místico will be known as Misterioso in AAA as CMLL owns the name "Místico" and he obviously can't be Sin Cara.

Deadpool posted:

Missed the show tonight, sounds like I didn't miss much. I was watching Ninja Warrior instead and probably will be for the next few months. But I did see they showed upcoming contestants and former Tough Enough contestant and indy wrestler Matt Cross is going to be on in a couple weeks. Should be interesting to see how he does.

I gave up halfway through when I remembered Jim Ross was doing boxing commentary over on FSN. I don't watch too much boxing but the fights seemed more entertaining than watching ADR for the billionth time.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Help me on my quest.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I wish WWE was willing to bring in dudes like Bad Influence for a while and let them do their thing. poo poo's so boring right now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

Help me on my quest.

Starting a grassroots movement as we speak.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think I might just watch the PPVs from now on. Raw has been pretty crappy lately.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/86192395/file.html heres the materials to do op's if people want em

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

John Cena posted:

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/86192395/file.html heres the materials to do op's if people want em

That will certainly make it easier for next week. Thanks.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

I think I might just watch the PPVs from now on. Raw has been pretty crappy lately.

The video packages are so good on the PPVs that I feel like I don't miss anything by skipping Raw.

I just watch PPV and when any non-PPV match gets mentioned in the MOTY thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks for reminding me that Barrett has to defend his title against RVD, jerk! :mad:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Observer posted:

WWE started advertising in Pittsburgh for a 6/24 Smaackdown taping advertising Daniel Bryan & The Shield vs. RandY Orton & The Wyatt Family as the main event.

Sounds like he's back soon.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I too am on a quest.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Suben posted:

I too am on a quest.

god drat son, you are hired

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cool OP, don't have to watch a boring Raw now.

Question: From the rundown in the OP it sounds like the Shield/Evolution match is some sort of loser leaves town thing. Is this an actual stip mentioned or am I just reading too much into the promos?

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 27, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dear god in Heaven RAW sucked. I feel like all it needed was Dennis Miller and bad political humor to be a perfect bad RAW

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Missed Raw. The main event of Payback is Bryan vs. Brie?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sono posted:

Missed Raw. The main event of Payback is Bryan vs. Brie?

The list in the OP is in the order they were announced.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Cool OP, don't have to watch a boring Raw now.

Question: From the rundown in the OP it sounds like the Shield/Evolution match is some sort of loser leaves town thing. Is this an actual stip mentioned or am I just reading too much into the promos?

I think they tried to make it a loser leaves town without saying it's a loser leaves town. I think they're trying to make it so that the losing stable is disbanded-- probably meaning that Evolution will lose again, Batista will go promote a movie, Orton will take a few weeks off, and Triple H will go back to being just a COO for a while.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It speaks volumes as to how important they realize Daniel Bryan is if they're going through all this nonsense just to keep the belt on him.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 27, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

cool raw i got to see jbl get his head took off

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Only tuned into the Alicia Fox and Adam Rose segments. Feeling pretty good about my life choices right now.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
What a poo poo RAW. Its the same poo poo week after week. The roster is really stale. I cannot bring myself to care about Irish John Cena, RVD, Del Rio, the midgets, the bullfighters, the real John Cena and the Usos. The Wyatts are not scary because they always get outsmarted by the good guys. Cesaro is fighting for a title he held two years ago. I thought firing people on TV was lame in 1999 and they are still doing it.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Don't touch my lemon.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm actually pretty sold on Adam Rose turning back into Leo Kruger as soon as someone fucks with his party.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So Daniel Bryan is really gonna appear on Payback in a non wrestling segment? So much for keeping him off tv to work up anticipation.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

sticklefifer posted:

I'm actually pretty sold on Adam Rose turning back into Leo Kruger as soon as someone fucks with his party.

It's like a Cactus Jack / Dude Love-type situation

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sigma posted:

So Daniel Bryan is really gonna appear on Payback in a non wrestling segment? So much for keeping him off tv to work up anticipation.

Probably a situation where they've ultimately decided he's keeping the title and so they don't want the champion off TV very much.

Also, I've seen a TON of speculation all over Twitter that people think Brie is pregnant and this is her write-off.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 27, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If he wasn't keeping the WWE WHC, it would be absolutely loving stupid to not crown a new champion at Payback.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Brie gets fired because she's non-kayfabe pregnant? i'm just asking questions here people

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sockser posted:

Brie gets fired because she's non-kayfabe pregnant? i'm just asking questions here people

Yes, but just random dumb Twitter speculation about why Brie would be fired, as it was. That's all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So Batista's leaving again after Payback, right? Was that the last word we heard about it? Or did Bryan's neck injury change plans?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sticklefifer posted:

So Batista's leaving again after Payback, right? Was that the last word we heard about it? Or did Bryan's neck injury change plans?

His last advertised/scheduled appearance is next week's Raw. He really does have to go and start promoting the movie now, so I think he really is gone this time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

The concept is fine but his execution was lacking. Maybe it was just that he was chasing down a bigger man and it looked awkward, but tonight I didn't buy it at all.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When he first switched gimmicks I thought it would be awesome if Rose/Kruger did a thing where he would essentially "hulk out" into Kruger when he got angry.

Anyway I'm just watching this nights episode now, and I love that they went for the cheap heat with Rusev on Memorial Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

TheJoker138 posted:

When he first switched gimmicks I thought it would be awesome if Rose/Kruger did a thing where he would essentially "hulk out" into Kruger when he got angry.

Anyway I'm just watching this nights episode now, and I love that they went for the cheap heat with Rusev on Memorial Day.

A Mick Foley style multiple gimmicks could have worked, but only if he was known as Kruger in the main show before, enough so that people would notice. Or care.

• Locked thread