Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This would be amazing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Teddybear posted:

A Mick Foley style multiple gimmicks could have worked, but only if he was known as Kruger in the main show before, enough so that people would notice. Or care.

They could do it the opposite way. Where we know him as Rose first, and then when he snaps he starts calling himself Leo Kruger and acting like a weirdo mercenary.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I can't wait for Damien Sandow's special crossover appearance on Heroes of Cosplay.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

His last advertised/scheduled appearance is next week's Raw. He really does have to go and start promoting the movie now, so I think he really is gone this time.

I expect he'll be back later. hopefully he'll have his cardio in order when he does so it's not like when he first came back earlier this year.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
No Brad Maddox memorial in the OP? For shame.

Bard Maddox posted:

Brad Maddox was fired. This is a loving travesty.

BRING BACK BRAD

BRING BACK BRAD

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I know WRESTLING NEWZ sites and whatever but they're apparently reporting that my client BUHROCK LEZZZNAR conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RIP Sandow what the gently caress is going on in your life right now.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Surprisingly detailed RAW recap, good job.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Let's all just send WWE a series of increasingly ridiculous fantasy booking ideas for Alicia Fox. If nothing else it might amuse the people who run the website, since I'm sure 99% of their inboxes are "omg cena suxxxx bring back cm punk".

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I stopped watching Raw after the first hour and DVR'd the rest. Took 10 minutes. What a poo poo Raw.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Sandow continues to be awesome albeit with silly gimmicks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm gonna be the guy complaining about the OP this week. The detailed recap for promos is great, but do we really need every detail of every match too? A simple summary is fine, we don't necessarily need to know every single spot. Like, "RVD fought Cesaro in a dogshit match which Cesaro won with a German suplex after BNB distracted RVD." I think this is easier than reading about every single punch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't care about anything going on in this company and ROH is on top of its game.

It's 2006 all over again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

I don't care about anything going on in this company and ROH is on top of its game.

It's 2006 all over again.

I watched the most recent NJPW show last night, even with the Gracies I think I made the right choice.

I did tune in to Raw to see Daniel Bryan and Stephanie say absolutely nothing.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Will Payback be the end of the Cena-Wyatt feud? I can't think of a satisfying end to the story, Cena simply winning when Wyatt doesn't care about wins and losses doesn't seem good enough. I don't see any good feuds for either guy either, Wyatt's already feuded with all the other top faces and Cena with all the top heels.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ThePariah posted:

Will Payback be the end of the Cena-Wyatt feud? I can't think of a satisfying end to the story, Cena simply winning when Wyatt doesn't care about wins and losses doesn't seem good enough. I don't see any good feuds for either guy either, Wyatt's already feuded with all the other top faces and Cena with all the top heels.

Yeah that's kinda the problem with this feud. The stakes are so muddled, guys roles aren't clearly defined, I don't think anyone involved has a plan.

The roster is so shallow right now that they can't really make Cena look weak, but I don't see how he gets out of this looking stronger than before it started.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I guess they could go with what they should have done at Wrestlemania, have Cena win by maybe choking Bray out with a ring rope or something and just have Bray smile as he passes out.

Then it'll be undone when Cena goes and hugs the crowd, but what are you gonna do?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
I fell asleep after Alicia Fox rampaged around the ring.

Was the contract signing worth watching?

(Last night's Raw was pretty loving lovely.)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ThePariah posted:

Cena beats Bray but had to become a monster to do so, thus ultimately proving Bray's initial argument, that Cena was a monster.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah that's kinda the problem with this feud. The stakes are so muddled, guys roles aren't clearly defined, I don't think anyone involved has a plan.

The roster is so shallow right now that they can't really make Cena look weak, but I don't see how he gets out of this looking stronger than before it started.

Oh he's already weak, according to Dave it's hurting him overall and long overstayed its welcome.

You know, if you drop the kid/crowd stuff (that they've dropped now anyway) and you switch the results of Mania and ER, this feud almost makes sense.

Bray beats Cena at Wrestlemania due to intereferences, Cena challenges Bray to a Cage Match where there can be no interference.
Cena can't beat Bray in the cage match in a straight up fight, so he escapes the Cage, Bray challenges Cena to a Last Man Standing match, so Cena can't simply run away.
Cena wins the Last Man Standing match by going full brutality, Bray can't answer a ten count and wins the war (proving Cena is a monster) but loses the battle (Cena beat him)

End Result: Even though Wyatt lost two matches, he was never pinned. And looks like he's "Broken" the no.1 babyface in the company. Cena has a new character trait to work through for the next couple of months or at least a feud, thus giving a chance to get people reinvigorated (yeah right)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edwardian posted:

I fell asleep after Alicia Fox rampaged around the ring.

Was the contract signing worth watching?

(Last night's Raw was pretty loving lovely.)

The only thing worth watching on the show was Adam Rose's Lemon Party imo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Onmi posted:

Cena beats Bray but had to become a monster to do so, thus ultimately proving Bray's initial argument, that Cena was a monster.

Oh he's already weak, according to Dave it's hurting him overall and long overstayed its welcome.

You know, if you drop the kid/crowd stuff (that they've dropped now anyway) and you switch the results of Mania and ER, this feud almost makes sense.

Bray beats Cena at Wrestlemania due to intereferences, Cena challenges Bray to a Cage Match where there can be no interference.
Cena can't beat Bray in the cage match in a straight up fight, so he escapes the Cage, Bray challenges Cena to a Last Man Standing match, so Cena can't simply run away.
Cena wins the Last Man Standing match by going full brutality, Bray can't answer a ten count and wins the war (proving Cena is a monster) but loses the battle (Cena beat him)

End Result: Even though Wyatt lost two matches, he was never pinned. And looks like he's "Broken" the no.1 babyface in the company. Cena has a new character trait to work through for the next couple of months or at least a feud, thus giving a chance to get people reinvigorated (yeah right)

This requires being a competent writer though. And making Cena look vulnerable. Was never fated to be.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your avatar. :stare:

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
A genuine lucha apuestas match feud ender. I unironically love the midget feud.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Yeah I know WRESTLING NEWZ sites and whatever but they're apparently reporting that my client BUHROCK LEZZZNAR conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania.

:golfclap:

Seriously, tonight cemented that I need to start watching ROH again, or seriously follow NJPW.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I tell you what, this Raw fell flat, but it did everything to raise the stakes:

Forced breakups
A fired wife
A dropped title
Friends in peril

and

JACK you can't see me

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The might of the Bodog.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
I heard from people that Alicia Fox is NOT A LOSER. Is this true?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

The might of the Bodog.

Is Calvin Ayre allowed in the country? He could become Bo's manager.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

bradzilla posted:

I'm gonna be the guy complaining about the OP this week. The detailed recap for promos is great, but do we really need every detail of every match too? A simple summary is fine, we don't necessarily need to know every single spot. Like, "RVD fought Cesaro in a dogshit match which Cesaro won with a German suplex after BNB distracted RVD." I think this is easier than reading about every single punch.

Yeah, that is kind of ridiculous... I am assuming OP actually enjoyed typing all that out too.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I just copy and pasted a report from pwinsider I'm sorry you didn't like it

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, that is kind of ridiculous... I am assuming OP actually enjoyed typing all that out too.

Read more like a copy/paste of an Observer rundown to me

^I was close

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

get that 411 recap with all the terrible injokes and stuff that all internet writers do and hope will raise them to legend status.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you guys obviously didnt read the whole thing because it even said it was copy and pasted from pwinsider

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The Croc posted:

get that 411 recap with all the terrible injokes and stuff that all internet writers do and hope will raise them to legend status.

Best recaps are the ones from some guy there live who has an intense staredown with Randy Orton or whatever

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Croc posted:

Rusev and Big E continue their feud. I sure hope Alexander Langston shows up to make it a triple threat, right? Right? [lolcat.jpg]

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Smackdown had no Shield, it was a bad Smackdown.

Raw had very little Shield, it was a bad Raw.

I'm not sure what the point of these two sentences is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Best recap was that guy who took mushrooms and became hypnotized by AJ's abs. And Fandango's.

• Locked thread