Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DingoSlasher posted:

I heard from people that Alicia Fox is NOT A LOSER. Is this true?

well she lost to Emma so idk :shrug:

Writer Cath posted:

Smackdown had no Shield, it was a bad Smackdown.

Raw had very little Shield, it was a bad Raw.

I'm not sure what the point of these two sentences is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Congrats WWE, you've managed to take all the guys I like/care about and make me go "ugh, who loving cares" to all their poo poo. I this point I'm just hoping all these feuds are finished at Payback so they can just loving move on.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Congrats WWE, you've managed to take all the guys I like/care about and make me go "ugh, who loving cares" to all their poo poo. I this point I'm just hoping all these feuds are finished at Payback so they can just loving move on.

These feuds will never end because storylines are hard

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I thought Emma / Alicia Fox was a no 1 contender's match for Payback and got excited to see Emma / Paige on a PPV.

And then I was informed that I was not correct in my assumption, and there went the only reason I wanted to watch Payback.

Gonna watch ROH or something instead I think.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Evolution vs SHIELD should have been a Mania match and a longer feud...but there is not a lot going on in the actual story. Just Hunter being smug Batista being silent and Randy eh and SHIELD being themselves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gatts posted:

Evolution vs SHIELD should have been a Mania match and a longer feud...but there is not a lot going on in the actual story. Just Hunter being smug Batista being silent and Randy eh and SHIELD being themselves.

Feud should have ended a couple weeks ago on raw when the Shield laid out Evolution three separate times in one night.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

bradzilla posted:

I'm gonna be the guy complaining about the OP this week. The detailed recap for promos is great, but do we really need every detail of every match too? A simple summary is fine, we don't necessarily need to know every single spot. Like, "RVD fought Cesaro in a dogshit match which Cesaro won with a German suplex after BNB distracted RVD." I think this is easier than reading about every single punch.

Agreed. Not that I dont appreciate what obviously took a lot of time/effort I did not want to read all that poo poo

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I replaced it with the f4w report which goes into much less detail.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is Cesaro using a German now? The neutralizer was awesome.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

bradzilla posted:

I'm gonna be the guy complaining about the OP this week. The detailed recap for promos is great, but do we really need every detail of every match too? A simple summary is fine, we don't necessarily need to know every single spot. Like, "RVD fought Cesaro in a dogshit match which Cesaro won with a German suplex after BNB distracted RVD." I think this is easier than reading about every single punch.

You could just not read it, I appreciated the thorough details

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

rotinaj posted:

Cesaro chose a side when he joined up with Paul Heyman. He's a shame to his Swiss heritage.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Where are all the jokey jokes in the op? I don't want to read cereal serious recaps. B+ again, Daniel Bryan.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Sockser posted:

I thought Emma / Alicia Fox was a no 1 contender's match for Payback and got excited to see Emma / Paige on a PPV.

And then I was informed that I was not correct in my assumption, and there went the only reason I wanted to watch Payback.

Gonna watch ROH or something instead I think.

Alicia Fox is a better worker than Emma at this point. Fox has actually been really good lately.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

Because german suplexes are rad as hell, and the neutralizer is merely Ok.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

rotinaj posted:

Because there aren't many German suplexes in WWE these days outside of Brock Lesnar matches, and it's a more convincing match-ender than an impractical lift into dropping someone on their stomachknees.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Alicia Fox is a better worker than Emma at this point. Fox has actually been really good lately.
Emma still brings it in NXT. Alicia's gotten much better but her entire offence is still backbreaker-backbreaker-hoarse scream-backbreaker-get pinned/immediately tap. The booking/general style of Divas matches on the main roster isn't doing either of them any favours.

If they would just give Paige, Emma, Alicia, Summer Rae and Natalya a solid 10 minutes to wrestle as they do on NXT, the Divas division could really be something. As it is, they're trying, bless 'em, but there's only so much you can do with four minutes and a roll up. They recently put up a video about Paige & Emma at NXT Arrival to hype Takeover (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcM7lzSJdNo) and it looks like at least Steph and HHH are jazzed about giving the Divas more of a shot, but for whatever reason that just does not seem to translate to the main shows.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I always thought the Neutralizer was meh until he started lifting guys like Khali, Henry and Big Show. His German Suplex is also meh since it always feels like a non finish, but when he actually deadlifts people with it like Swagger it's amazing.

Also jesus that RAW was horrible, and Payback is looking grim. Also I'm going to miss next week's RAW and that sucks cause it's the starting build up to Money In The Bank :(

Also quickly on Alicia I'm fully expecting her to win the Diva's title at Payback, Paige has barely been on TV and all the build has been around Fox. Hell check the WWE site and the match description is basically all about Alicia.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You just reminded me that I can't do next week's thread because I'm actually going to Raw.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

You just reminded me that I can't do next week's thread because I'm actually going to Raw.

You already dropped your title to Vacant.

Also lucky you, tell us about dark matches/stuff please :)

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Also jesus that RAW was horrible, and Payback is looking grim. Also I'm going to miss next week's RAW and that sucks cause it's the starting build up to Money In The Bank :(

I'm going to be attending MitB as my first live wrestling event, so hopefully they've gotten over all this so I don't have to watch CAN JOHN CENA BEAT BRAY WYATT IN A MATCH WHERE THEY HAVE TO WRESTLE WITH ONE HAND BEHIND THEIR BACK??

To be fair though I'll probably have a hell of a time regardless of the card, but I can be hopeful I suppose.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
If nothing else, the Money in the Bank match(es) is/are usually great.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Also lucky you, tell us about dark matches/stuff please :)
It's been advertised on TV as Bray/Cena for the dark main, so we'll see.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Speaking of the Divas, is there any word on if Finlay is still their agent? I seem to remember him doing an okay job with the division, given what he had to work with.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

Emma still brings it in NXT. Alicia's gotten much better but her entire offence is still backbreaker-backbreaker-hoarse scream-backbreaker-get pinned/immediately tap. The booking/general style of Divas matches on the main roster isn't doing either of them any favours.

From your description, she sounds like a better Roderick Strong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pressedbunny posted:

Emma still brings it in NXT. Alicia's gotten much better but her entire offence is still backbreaker-backbreaker-hoarse scream-backbreaker-get pinned/immediately tap.

She does that cool bridging suplex too!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Emma's call up has made me so sick of her that I don't even want to watch her on the JBL and Cole show

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm totally on board with Cesaro's german suplex for the potential of future crazy deadlifts and transitions into it, even if we haven't seen any yet. I want him to catch someone going for a flying reverse elbow or something like that and drop them into the german.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Do you guys think we'll ever see a Money in the Bank Divas briefcase match? I don't think there's ever been one and I don't know why.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Didn't they say last week on Raw there were going to address the title situation with Bryan? Then they did the exact same thing this week. Which I assume they will do every week until he comes back?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Contingency Plan posted:

I don't know why.

Aksana. Ladder.

Let me know if I need to do that again.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So what's the actual word on Bryan's neck? It can't be great if they're not even having him wrestle at Payback.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CapnAndy posted:

So what's the actual word on Bryan's neck? It can't be great if they're not even having him wrestle at Payback.

Money in the Bank is what the (un)reliable sources say. He's advertised on shows around then.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
He's only 2 weeks removed, but he'd have dropped the title already if it was as bad as he made it sound in last night's promo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is it just me or did WWE finally figure out how to get people to cheer Cena - have him save Jerry Lawler from Bray Wyatt in Tennessee!

please don't bring jerry into this feud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Apparently new ads for a mid-June live event started running last night with Bryan advertised in the dark main.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Some intern was having fun, and now he's probably been fired.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

World Wrestling Entertainment is a big deal fairly quick.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
If they reduced the font size they could save the millions of dollars Vince desperately needs.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

pressedbunny posted:

it looks like at least Steph and HHH are jazzed about giving the Divas more of a shot, but for whatever reason that just does not seem to translate to the main shows.

There was an anecdote in a recent Observer about HHH trying to do things for the better (at least that's the viewpoint of the wrestlers), but he's still at the mercy of Vince, especially when he randomly changes his mind at the drop of a hat. Theoretically, once HHH fully takes over, you might start seeing marked improvements.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Way too many of HHH's pet projects have turned out to be amazing for there to be any doubt left whether having him in charge will be a good thing or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Still better than "Pro Wrestling Contract" or whatever that lovely TNA thing said.

• Locked thread