Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you're choosing between two guards that are probably better served being a 2 with a lightening-quick first step and crazy ability to get to the rim but suspect shooting I suppose taking the one who is 6-6 is probably better than the one who is 6-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you think Exum can shoot he is really exciting.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

If you think Exum can shoot he is really exciting.

I keep seeing Exum compared to Wade or Westbrook in which case he is pretty exciting even if he can't

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

We won't know for sure how much development Exum will need on the perimeter until he plays his first season. That's how little tape there is on this guy.

chilihead posted:

After reading posts on Truebluenation i am convinced the Magic do have an interest in Dante Exum, i'm just not sure how much of it is a smokescreen.
I am convinced that Embiid,Wiggins and Parker are going before pick 4. Now someone here explain to me, is the interest in Exum a smokescreen? If not, why is he a good pick at number 4, i just don't see it.
I still think Smart is the second best guard in the draft and honestly i think they take a big man here.

Dante Exum is like a taller, more athletic version of Marcus Smart as far as prospects go

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Blinkman987 posted:

I haven't been able to comfortably buy a Bucks jersey after being burnt by Bogut/Jennings purchases, so please be instantly good. Whichever one you pick.

I am really hoping the Cavs go Embiid because Wiggins at SG and Giannis at SF would be awesome to watch. Neither may develop but at least it should make the team much more fun to watch. The size/athleticism at those positions would be insane.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Hand Row posted:

I am really hoping the Cavs go Embiid because Wiggins at SG and Giannis at SF would be awesome to watch. Neither may develop but at least it should make the team much more fun to watch. The size/athleticism at those positions would be insane.

For at least the first year their offense would be the ugliest thing in the world. Who's taking shots from the outside on that team?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

For at least the first year their offense would be the ugliest thing in the world. Who's taking shots from the outside on that team?

Ilyasova?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

wiggins and giannis will jump from beyond the free throw line to dunk

Bruce Ivins
Aug 7, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

The Bucks would probably be good at attracting white free agent jumpshooters. Come back home Steve Novak.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

Wiggins will, you just have to be cool with him hitting only 35% of them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

Wiggins will, you just have to be cool with him hitting only 35% of them.

that is a solid 3pt percentage

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If Wiggins shoots 35% from 3 his first year people will be losing their god drat minds and the hype will be so out of control it'll make LeBron going to Miami look small time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that's what he shot in college anyway.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I hope he does it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kiimo posted:

Well that's what he shot in college anyway.

They moving the line back in?

If Larry Sanders stops imploding they could play Giannis at the 4 and play another wing shooter. Also, if the Bucks get Wiggins they shouldn't be trying to be good next year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

If Larry Sanders stops imploding they could play Giannis at the 4 and play another wing shooter. Also, if the Bucks get Wiggins they shouldn't be trying to be good next year.

This is how Wiggins shoots threes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95iv9audN0

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I'm not worried about Wiggins' range long term as much as I am the spacing on that team which will be terribad

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Lockback posted:

What would possibly make it so Bucks should try next year outside of Kareem in a DeLorean? They have become the 2005 Hawks, complete with Zaza Pachulia.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

spacejung posted:

What would possibly make it so Bucks should try next year outside of Kareem in a DeLorean? They have become the 2005 Hawks, complete with Zaza Pachulia.

Jahlil Okafor is okay

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

As a side note Duke fans are really creepy about writing long, glowing profiles about their blue chips on Wikipedia

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

"Okafor is the child of Nigerian descendant Chukwudi (pronounced Chuh-Koodie) and biracial (Caucasian mother) Dacresha Lanett Benton"

What a bizarre thing to include. Maybe I should put that on job applications...

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I remember seeing a similarly huge post after Parker committed to Duke last year.

E: Here's Cliff Alexander, this one is big as hell too. Maybe it's just any top 10 high school prospect/mcdonalds all american. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Alexander

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

holy poo poo

I'm sad they apparently just started doing this, I was hoping that there would be 20,000 word breakdowns of Shalvik Randolph and Josh McBob too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think both Mudiay and Towns will get drafted over him. This prediction is predicated on Towns beating out both Willie Caulie-Stein and Dakari Johnson (and Marcus Lee) for minutes at Kentucky.

I think my point is Okafor is a center through and through and he's 6'10 tops.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hakeem was 6 10

Okafor will be as good as Hakeem.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

I think both Mudiay and Towns will get drafted over him. This prediction is predicated on Towns beating out both Willie Caulie-Stein and Dakari Johnson (and Marcus Lee) for minutes at Kentucky.

I think my point is Okafor is a center through and through and he's 6'10 tops.

6'10" is fine for a center though? Dwight is shorter than that. Okafor is the most polished of the three by a mile.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

exethan posted:

I remember seeing a similarly huge post after Parker committed to Duke last year.

E: Here's Cliff Alexander, this one is big as hell too. Maybe it's just any top 10 high school prospect/mcdonalds all american. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Alexander
It's some loving insane Chicago-area dude who writes those huge profiles on any big Chicago HS basketball prospect.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really want to start doing that for all the 2* white guys Iowa signs but :effort: and all

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

6'10" is fine for a center though? Dwight is shorter than that. Okafor is the most polished of the three by a mile.

I hear you, it's just that I'm not sure Okafor has the ceiling others do. I'm only basing this on what I've seen so far which is just high school ball, mostly because I was watching Cliff. Towns is a legit 7 footer who can drain 3s, I could see him moving up boards. Mudiay is just awesome too.

I guess I'm just not as big on Okafor being the overall number one pick since most of what he does is dunk over high school kids. I'll be watching Duke for sure though so we'll all see.

Also why did Towns go to Kentucky? I just don't get it. A really talented big is going to ride the bench for Kentucky this year. I don't know if it is Towns, Dakari, WCS or Marcus Lee.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

kiimo posted:

Also why did Towns go to Kentucky?

He played under Cal on the Dominican National Team when he was in high school.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
7 footers shooting lots of threes is a bad sign in like 90% of cases it seems like. That sounds the Isiah Austin/Perry Jones alarm bells for me, although Cal is a good coach for him in that respect. And Muiday is super raw right now. Okafor does more than just dunk. He has a decent midrange and face up game, can reliably hit jump hooks with both hands, and just in general has a really polished back to the basket game that you hardly ever see from someone that age outside of Jared Sullinger or Al Jefferson, both whom wer smaller (actually stretched out Al Jefferson probably isn't a bad comparison since he could have similar defensive issues and isn't much of a passer yet by most accounts). He's also really young for his class. I love the little bit I've seen of him. I think he'd be in discussion for the first pick in this draft if he could come out and is going to have a special college season, which kills me since he'll be at Duke.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 28, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess chad Ford is saying in an article that Wiggins is #3 for the cavs and bucks.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

I guess chad Ford is saying in an article that Wiggins is #3 for the cavs and bucks.

Please God...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know some Sixer fans that are furiously publicly masturbating right now, which would be an anomaly in most cities not named Philadelphia.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

kiimo posted:

I know some Sixer fans that are furiously publicly masturbating right now, which would be an anomaly in most cities not named Philadelphia.

I am guilty of this.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
counterpoint

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

he will probably fit in right behind Lee Melchionni

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
i love that quote so much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I agree it would be the best if we all just forgot he played for Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just realized that if it goes 1. Embiid 2. Parker 3. Wiggins that it is eerily similar to 1984 with 1. Olajuwon 2. Bowie 3. Jordan.

I don't think Parker will fail like Bowie and Parker isn't 7'1 but you have to admit there are some similarities.

• Locked thread