Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
expat
Aug 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

Ricky Stuart's inviting the press to this year's yes/no/maybe session?

Turn it into a reality show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
What's this Cuthbertson fella like Leeds have signed, lads? Any good?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stickyfngrdboy posted:

What's this Cuthbertson fella like Leeds have signed, lads? Any good?
He will kill it in Superleague.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

bowmore posted:

He will kill it in Superleague.

This makes me very happy thanks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It was a good signing, I'm sad he's going.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What happened at this mythical Raiders presser?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tigers have hosed up again

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

500k per season for 4 years vs 800k per season for 3 years. Tigers couldn't afford it, simple.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The sad reality is that we can't afford to be throwing the kind of money that Canberra can at players like Tedesco. Yes, it's very disappointing to lose him as he's obviously very talented, but he's also only a young fullback that's had multiple serious injuries so far in his career and I'm not convinced he's worth more than the 500k we were offering him per season. Good luck to him in Canberra, but I think whatever he was offered there (rumoured to be 800k) is frankly ludicrous. I understand him taking the money on offer, although I think it's a little insulting to the Tigers considering how they've stood by him after the amount of time he's been off the paddock.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Canberra have to pay overs because they are terrible

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Does that mean we have to as well? :ohdear:

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Canberra have to pay overs because who honestly wants to live in Canberra

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently people from Campbelltown :iiam:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
E,fb

Big Steveo
Apr 5, 2007

by astral

iajanus posted:

Apparently people from Campbelltown :iiam:

Canberra is basically the same but with fireworks and prostitutes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Big Steveo posted:

Canberra is basically the same but with fireworks and prostitutes
Sounds awesome, can afford heaps of fire works for $800,000

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

good on him, 800k a season will set him up for life.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

good on him, 800k a season will set him up for life.

Exactly. Can't blame him for taking the money, especially with his injury-prone nature. Just annoyed that yet again we're outbid for our developed players.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Raiders have been hard done by with their juniors.
they definitely develop more than their fair share of players.

i would rather he to to Canberra than to the Roosters

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I've been out the country for our lovely run get home and we beat north Queenslands reserve grade team and sign two players (just announced we've signed Kevin Procter)

Tigers fans can blame Josh Dugan for this. If he wasn't a cretin he'd be at the raiders and if he wasn't a complete cretin he'd be at the Broncos and we would still probably have Milford.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Andrew Gee given the arse from the Broncos (read: resigned).

Griffin losing all his henchmen, not much protection left now...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I've been out the country for our lovely run get home and we beat north Queenslands reserve grade team and sign two players (just announced we've signed Kevin Procter)

Tigers fans can blame Josh Dugan for this. If he wasn't a cretin he'd be at the raiders and if he wasn't a complete cretin he'd be at the Broncos and we would still probably have Milford.

Yeah, it's interesting the chain of events that's led to Kurtis Rowe being the Tigers potential future fullback. I wonder if he's some sort of evil genius........ :tinfoil:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

I really don't think Proctor is very good. Canberra have paid a lot of money for Tedesco to sit in rehab and Proctor to be a non factor.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

and Ennis will come as well.

STICKY BALL!!!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
This is the Kevin Proctor I'll always remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3J2ZKOoqw

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

I really don't think Proctor is very good. Canberra have paid a lot of money for Tedesco to sit in rehab and Proctor to be a non factor.

It looks likely now that proctor will stay at the storm.

We have A LOT of salary cap space tbh. The club was going to pay Milford a million a year. It's no big deal if tedesco does become a bust it's worth the risk. Especially with the rumours shillo, campo, white and tll will be out of Canberra next year.

Also I'd be happy with Ennis

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ennis at 500k per season?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mills posted:

Ennis at 500k per season?

Why not hes a massive upgrade on what we have and would probably be the best raiders hooker since Walters.

Plus if the clean out rumours are true he would add much needed experience to the raiders spine. I'd strongly consider making him captain.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Also with the new salary cap $500k isn't as eye watering as it was a few years back. The Raiders have had the worst hooker in the league for the past 5 seasons or so between Waddell, Butriss, whoever else that had a few games here or there that is even more forgettable.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Why not hes a massive upgrade on what we have and would probably be the best raiders hooker since Walters.

Plus if the clean out rumours are true he would add much needed experience to the raiders spine. I'd strongly consider making him captain.

Imagine Sticky and Ennis post match interview after a loss.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Smorgasbord posted:

Also with the new salary cap $500k isn't as eye watering as it was a few years back. The Raiders have had the worst hooker in the league for the past 5 seasons or so between Waddell, Butriss, whoever else that had a few games here or there that is even more forgettable.

Was Alan Tongue the worst? Even when Matt Keating was running around?

Bring back Wade McKinnon

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ennis and Ricky Stuart together is pretty much the perfect match up. I just wish it was at a more hateable club than the Raiders

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c-1226933629538

quote:

THE Broncos are under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities following the resignation of club legend Andrew Gee as football operations chief.

Raiders might end up with Tedesco and keeping Milford.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The Broncos don't strike me as a team that's blatantly cheating the cap, although it did seem strange that they were able to sign Barba and Milford in quick succession.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Just guessing there is a problem with either Milfords or Barbas contract. Now Brisbane have almost unlimited access to TPAs so I assume that its a small problem that won't have any serious repercussions but it is interesting that Gee jumped and the Broncos launched this investigation.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

The Broncos don't strike me as a team that's blatantly cheating the cap, although it did seem strange that they were able to sign Barba and Milford in quick succession.

Cronulla never stuck me as drug cheats.

Australia just can't seem to cheat well as a nation. Given our ancestry this is hardly surprising - if they were good they never would have got caught.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Of course the Broncos are under investigation. We've payed a rumoured 400k+ for Martin "softest prop in the NRL" Kennedy who's clearly worth a minimum wage contract at best, and have stuffed up our cap and team management to the extent we have to play a winger as the 5/8.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So, what's everyone's plans for tonight? As always, does everyone in a blue shirt have the number for suicide prevention in their phone already?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Beer and burgers with the parents and their TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wearing a fetching maroon jersey, drinking beer, eating pizza and telling Gus Gould to just shut the gently caress up already.

• Locked thread