Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

ili posted:

Wearing a fetching maroon jersey, drinking beer, eating pizza and telling Gus Gould to just shut the gently caress up already.

Seconded!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

iajanus posted:

So, what's everyone's plans for tonight? As always, does everyone in a blue shirt have the number for suicide prevention in their phone already?

As a Raiders supporter I am well used to the shame of losing so its all good. I am just going to watch the game with my girlfriend and her brother.

The thing with rep sports is that if by fluke of time a bunch of the greatest players in the most important positions on the field are born about the same time (Billy Slater and Cameron Smith were even born on the same day) its very hard to overcome that. Its not like NSW can sign Greg Inglis to play fullback.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

My usual Origin party. At work with match centre in a small window because England sucks.

And then the eternal struggle of wanting Queensland to win because ~Melbourne Storm Players~ versus wanting them to lose because Broncos and feeling sorry for the Blues at this point.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'll be at home hoping that I turn on the TV just as Gould is finishing his pregame bullshit.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm sad these guys haven't got a call this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJlBqInW6A

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
God this nine coverage is next level stomache turning bullshit.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
My god they talk a lot of crap in these prematch segments.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have seen a lot of dumb poo poo in my time watching origin but this is easily the dumbest. gently caress it bring back Tom Waterhouse, he can't be any worse.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
We haven't even got to the "Phil Gould blathers on about nonsense while walking towards the camera" bit yet :negative:

edit: ffs now they're stretching for 'epic' storylines for each player :ughh:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 28, 2014

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

gently caress me they can drag this poo poo on.

Also, at a QLD pub, more blue here than Maroon. Ridiculous.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Andrew Johns looks like he is hoping for a ad break so he can ring gids.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Byolante posted:

Andrew Johns looks like he is hoping for a ad break so he can ring gids.

When he was talking about the feeling of anticipation I'm pretty sure his frame of reference was the time between dropping an E and it taking effect.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

When he was talking about the feeling of anticipation I'm pretty sure his frame of reference was the time between dropping an E and it taking effect.
better than playing origin

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Why can't they bring kickoff forward half an hour? It's not like they're doing anything useful with the extra time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Thank god the bar I'm in had the coverage muted. Just won a free jersey by buying 100 wings :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Thank god the bar I'm in had the coverage muted. Just won a free jersey by buying 100 wings :)
sweet, how much was 100 wing? I could eat a couple right now

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

sweet, how much was 100 wing? I could eat a couple right now

$50. Also got a scarf and hat

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Maroon uber alles. Probably not, but still.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

$50. Also got a scarf and hat
bargain!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Marshmallow defense from NSW, pathetic.

edit: hahah clowned by Darius Boyd, how embarrassing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Why would you video ref that

penalty try for clocking with the knee imo

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Everyone's favourite player!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Crap defence.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo defense

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Is there a live stream anywhere?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Missssssss

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Glad I'm in nsw right now

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It always feels like Boyd scores more in an Origin series than he does in an entire regular season.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
loving poo poo at tackling

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Weak penalty there

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Cronks done his shoulder but DCE is just as good sorry NSW. 100% correct penalty call gently caress that flopping poo poo to stifle the momentum.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Weak penalty there

It was a pretty obvious flop.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Cronks done his shoulder but DCE is just as good sorry NSW. 100% correct penalty call gently caress that flopping poo poo to stifle the momentum.
possible broken arm

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
gently caress me Cronk gone changes everything. DCE is good but inexperienced.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

It was a pretty obvious flop.

Sorry, weak to concede.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bowmore posted:

possible broken arm

God loving drat it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Make that definite broke arm

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

DCE might be better. The problem will be going 70 minutes with a three man bench.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Can't wait to see the Storm's next halves pairing of the NRL cheerleader of the year and a corporeal form of Craig Bellamy's rage.

I guess karma kinda owes us some poo poo tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah that doesn't look like a celebration to me Rabs

• Locked thread