Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That looked like pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My mate has gotten both first try scorers. Incredible.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

NSW are allowed to pass from the floor then?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dirty Frank posted:

NSW are allowed to pass from the floor then?
if the arm carrying the ball doesn't touch the ground yeah

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Stop using your "rules" to win arguments.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

bowmore posted:

Have to see it again, but I think it did. Be surprised if it didn't.

Nice bra, very fetching :)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Reynolds is involved in way too many of those sort of tackles for it to be coincidental. Scott is also a known oval office.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Hate those tackles.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So, who are the halves for origin two?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Wallace & Soward

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

DCE and Thurston!

(Anyone but Pearce is the answer you're looking for.)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Held.

edit: no that's fine actually

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Wow

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What a try

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Thought he was held, but he doesn't look held on replay.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That is 200% a try

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Wallace & Soward

Shudder went down my spine.

Also hahaha go hayne go

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
He always unlocks beast mode in origin. Hate him.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Anyone else notice that Queensland started struggling when Papalii went on at prop? Maybe having a real prop on the bench would help.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Anyone else notice that Queensland started struggling when Papalii went on at prop? Maybe having a real prop on the bench would help.

Yeeeeep.

edit: Matt Scott comes back on and immediately bends the line to emphasise the point.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Glad we have decided that attempting to break someones neck is ok as long as you are wearing a blue jumper.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey ahead at half time what the hell

Hayne try was beast

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Glad we have decided that attempting to break someones neck is ok as long as you are wearing a blue jumper.

Not that I'm defending that tackle but how often do players get sit down for that nowadays. Almost never. Are you really surprised they didn't do it then?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Not that I'm defending that tackle but how often do players get sit down for that nowadays. Almost never. Are you really surprised they didn't do it then?

I don't often see a player grabbing by the shoulder and spiking the tackled player. The ludicrous bit is he wasn't even on report for the spiking.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Byolante posted:

Glassing your girlfriend is ok with one of those jerseys.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What really pisses me off about NSW is the endless forearms to the head of the tackled player on the ground. Hodges does it too, but every tackle a NSW tackler has his forearm all over the head and face.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

lol, you are a fool if you think that tackle was like that on purpose

Also it was worse than it looked and was reffed appropriately

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jono C posted:

Glassing your girlfriend is ok with one of those jerseys.

What my girlfriend and I do in the comfort of our own home during weomen in league week is our own drat business :colbert:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The reason he went down like that was because Reynolds flipped him and Scott gently put him on his back

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Byolante posted:

What my girlfriend and I do in the comfort of our own home during weomen in league week is our own drat business :colbert:

You've got to protect her in whatever way you can.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
At the start of the game Rabs said that Thurston has played in all 24 games of the streak but I was sure I remembered him in a wheelchair one game, replaced by Scott Prince. Was that actually Lockyer?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

What really pisses me off about NSW is the endless forearms to the head of the tackled player on the ground. Hodges does it too, but every tackle a NSW tackler has his forearm all over the head and face.
mate Queensland do the same thing stop kidding yourself

They are better at hiding that poo poo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

The reason he went down like that was because Reynolds flipped him and Scott gently put him on his back

I would like to know where hooking someones shoulder and driving them down is gently putting them on their back.

This is yet more of the general idiocy like Gallen punching a dude in game 1 last year. A new rule will be brought in and it will punish a qld player who wasn't even involved like Tate last year.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

At the start of the game Rabs said that Thurston has played in all 24 games of the streak but I was sure I remembered him in a wheelchair one game, replaced by Scott Prince. Was that actually Lockyer?

I'm pretty sure he started that game.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What are the man bras for exactly?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jono C posted:

He is only an edge runner. He's pretty awful in the middle third when he ends up there for the raiders. He is at his best running off the hip of a half or fullback. He is not a prop.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Steroid related manboobs.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

I would like to know where hooking someones shoulder and driving them down is gently putting them on their back.
poo poo happens fast, he is lucky Scott had the brains to not drive him into the turf after Reynolds smashed him underneath

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Prozone GPS loggers. They are used for tracking player movement. The heat maps you see are derived from the data they grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He is only an edge runner. He's pretty awful in the middle third when he ends up there for the raiders. He is at his best running off the hip of a half or fullback. He is not a prop.

Bingo. A bench made up of a halfback and three back rowers was always a big risk.

• Locked thread