Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
McLemore kind of reminds me of early Ced Ceballos before he broke out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick posted:

McLemore kind of reminds me of early Ced Ceballos before he broke out.

Whoa he attempted 9 three pointers in 93-94 and missed all of them, got traded to the Lakers and the next year he attempted 146 and made .397 of them. Man there's a crazy story there.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

November McLemore was my favorite McLemore. Every game he would try to take off from the free throw line and throw it down over fools in traffic. Literally every home game I went to that month he would try to do this. But he never managed to pull it off, so between getting gassed and Malone benching him for Thornton he completely stopped trying to do this

If McLemore develops any kind of dribbling skills, it might open things up for him offensively. If not, then we basically have to pray that he finds his NBA 3pt range to be of any kind of use

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

Whoa he attempted 9 three pointers in 93-94 and missed all of them, got traded to the Lakers and the next year he attempted 146 and made .397 of them. Man there's a crazy story there.

They made the three-point line shorter from 94-95 to 96-97.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

morestuff posted:

They made the three-point line shorter from 94-95 to 96-97.

Except he went back to shooting .277 on about the same attempts the next year. Ceballos putting up a handful of 20+ PER and .180+ WS/48 seasons when he had no 3 point shot (even moved in, the one year aside) and couldn't get to the line consistently is one of the more remarkable anomalies of the mid 90s.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I believe the following year was when he had his drinking issues.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

His life story is like 8 mile.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How much could an NBA player drink and not have adverse effects. They are big dudes. 5 drinks a night?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

His life story is like 8 mile.

He was a way worse rapper.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

euphronius posted:

How much could an NBA player drink and not have adverse effects. They are big dudes. 5 drinks a night?

Ron Artest drank Henny at halftime so there's that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

Judging from watching Kenny Britt at Rutgers frat parties, very little.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

Any Kings fans want to tell me what's wrong with McLemore? Is there hope for him becoming more of a consistent scorer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t0ZFOmtdjI

He's still recovering.

Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Embiid and his agent agreed to a physical with the Cavs apparently.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
And with the first pick of the 2014 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select... Joel Embiid's agent. "There was some miscommunication, but after we gave him the physical it just felt right."

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ty1990 posted:

I think Saric is the best fit in Philly as gay as it would be to wait an entire year for him to show up.

Does that become a positive for the Sixers though? I'm sure they wouldn't mind developing two "rookies" (Noel and whoever the top pick is) vs. three rookies all at once, plus they know they're not contending next year. Next year seems like the year to be "interesting", and then you sign Kevin Love as a FA in 2015 and dominate >:]

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
They also have the Iranian LeBron they drafted last year in Arsalan Kazemi waiting to come over as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dario Saric will reportedly come to the NBA if he is drafted by the Lakers or Celtics.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/471959456096342017

He has watched basketball only from the 70's-80's apparently.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh that's good, he's projected around 12 but go ahead and say idiotic poo poo and drop yourself to 17 and immediately cost yourself about 1.5m from the get-go.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kiimo posted:

Oh that's good, he's projected around 12 but go ahead and say idiotic poo poo and drop yourself to 17 and immediately cost yourself about 1.5m from the get-go.

The report also said he has a big offer from a euro team if he's not drafted by either team, so it's a no-lose situation apparently.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What a perfect pick for Minnesota.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I get the sense that he's pretty comfortable where he is and doesn't really want to play in the NBA that badly, but there are all sorts of bullshit stories floating around this time of year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Dario Saric will reportedly come to the NBA if he is drafted by the Lakers or Celtics.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/471959456096342017

He has watched basketball only from the 70's-80's apparently.

Well yeah, he's an Eastern Euro. They just got Space Jam over there.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Doltos posted:

Well yeah, he's an Eastern Euro. They just got Space Jam over there.
Lakers vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs is the hot new video game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The silver lining here is how many ~Daario~ jokes we'll be saved from reading.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
So I take it this is a guy I would be upset if he was drafted by the Lakers? I have seen him projected from 4 to not in the lottery.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kiimo posted:

It's even dumber considering that a lot of the teams that would be interested in him around there would be really good options.

Draftexpress have Charlotte taking him at 9 (Jordan's team, need a PF, just made the playoffs), after that is Philly, who have the ROY, Noel, and the #3 pick, then Denver, who are a playoff team when healthy and would probably be interested, next is Orlando who's PF spot is up for grabs and have the #4 pick, and then Minny who might be trading Kevin Love.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

So I take it this is a guy I would be upset if he was drafted by the Lakers? I have seen him projected from 4 to not in the lottery.

Eh, it wouldn't be that crazy a pick in terms of where his stock has generally been, but I haven't actually seen him so who knows. He has a very generic Euro guy scouting report with all the "he's so skilled, he's like a 6'9" point guard!" stuff.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The media here is making noise about the Raptors and Ennis. It seems pretty safe to assume that he'll be gone by the time the Raptors pick, so I guess my question is about how much would it take to trade up however many spots (5-7?) to get him?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It's even dumber considering that a lot of the teams that would be interested in him around there would be really good options.

Draftexpress have Charlotte taking him at 9 (Jordan's team, need a PF, just made the playoffs), after that is Philly, who have the ROY, Noel, and the #3 pick, then Denver, who are a playoff team when healthy and would probably be interested, next is Orlando who's PF spot is up for grabs and have the #4 pick, and then Minny who might be trading Kevin Love.

Charlotte's probably going to re-sign Josh McRoberts, and they just took Cody Zeller, so they don't really need a power forward. I think it'd be an interesting pick, though, even if he stays in Europe a year. From what I understand he can play both forward spots, and Zeller can hopefully slide to center (especially as he gains muscle).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hand Knit posted:

The media here is making noise about the Raptors and Ennis. It seems pretty safe to assume that he'll be gone by the time the Raptors pick, so I guess my question is about how much would it take to trade up however many spots (5-7?) to get him?

Probably something like that, yeah. He's falling a bit because he's behind Exum/Smart (I think he's better than Smart but I hate Smart way more than anyone else) and not that many teams need a point guard.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

morestuff posted:

Charlotte's probably going to re-sign Josh McRoberts, and they just took Cody Zeller, so they don't really need a power forward. I think it'd be an interesting pick, though, even if he stays in Europe a year. From what I understand he can play both forward spots, and Zeller can hopefully slide to center (especially as he gains muscle).

Yeah I guess "need a PF" is hyperbole. I thought that Cody Zeller was more of a center, but I haven't watched the Bobcats much recently.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hand Knit posted:

If the Bulls don't take him he'll probably fall to the Raptors.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The really important question teams should be asking about Dario Saric is if he got those busted rear end teeth fixed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Inside Outside posted:

The really important question teams should be asking about Dario Saric is if he got those busted rear end teeth fixed.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/dental-dilemma-ruins-cissokho-deal

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He keeps the twisted grill just to show the kids it's real

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Anthony Davis and James Harden both have hosed up grills so it could be related to NBA success

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

MourningView posted:

Anthony Davis and James Harden both have hosed up grills so it could be related to NBA success

Didn't Davis fix his?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If LA or Bos doesnt pick Saric, is any team dumb enough to waste a pick? Also, what are the chances OKC can land Payne and Payton?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kiimo posted:

Whatever team wants to draft him is going to draft him regardless of what he says. His stock right now reflects that he might not come over right away.

Rick posted:

Nah, he's a pretty good prospect and the Lakers tend to not squander enormous potential (of course it also depends on who the coach is)

jimcunningham posted:

If LA or Bos doesnt pick Saric, is any team dumb enough to waste a pick? Also, what are the chances OKC can land Payne and Payton?

It's posturing, if not a fake leak by a team just outside of the lottery. These same kinds of stories popped up around Rubio. As far as your second question, they'll probably get one but not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Wasn't Saric rumored to be coming over in the 2012 and 2013 drafts before pulling out? It sounds like another Fran Vazquez situation. "Go ahead and draft me if you want but I'm doing just fine over here"

• Locked thread