Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Depends where you have tea, if by London you mean some tourist trap where they gave you some stale poo poo mixed with unfiltered hard water then it's going to be disappointing. You should go have tea somewhere like the Dorchester (if they let Americans in these days, if not you might have to pretend to be a bit more socially acceptable, maybe a Canadian or Somali) or a Parish teahouse in the suburbs.

Treacle slit is a term of endearment for a woman, like fanny blossom or fancy flaps.

Slash means to pass water.

Jesus even your explanation requires an explanation.

GunForumMeme fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tea should be brewed strong and served cold over ice. Green tea is acceptable. gently caress putting milk in tea.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

I respectfully disagree with this, poster friend of the family DEATH TURBO

GunForumMeme posted:

Jesus even your explanation requires an explanation.

It's becoz he is a fackin sahfener innit? Facking slags and wooden tops

*puts hands in pockets, wears hat on the back of my head, chews gum with mouth open*
*generally looks like a scruffy bag of shite*

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

You should go have tea somewhere like the Dorchester (if they let Americans in these days, if not you might have to pretend to be a bit more socially acceptable, maybe a Canadian or Somali) or a Parish teahouse in the suburbs.

:swoon:

Tea4Lyfe

You Americans don't know what's up. Iced tea is legit but coffee is disgusting sludge that the earth shits into your cup.

I can't even drink Tim Horton's coffee and that's a goddamn national obligation.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DrakeriderCa posted:

I can't even drink Tim Horton's coffee and that's a goddamn national obligation.

I'm with you on that one. Every so often I'll have a cup but usually one is enough to remind me why I don't drink it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I have an Italian steel stove top coffee maker and let me tell you that $25 thing makes the best goddamed coffee you will ever have. French presses are for faggots who have too much time on their hands.

Except the Nissin Steel Thermos French Press, that thing is legit for camping and training exercises

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm with you on that one. Every so often I'll have a cup but usually one is enough to remind me why I don't drink it.

Timmy Ho's is the lifesblood of the Midwest. :crossarms:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I prefer coffee, but I can appreciate a good brew (again, it's been hard to find, my wife is a die hard tea junkie and we've been to several tea shops).

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Murphys Stache posted:

Timmy Ho's is the lifesblood of the Midwest. :crossarms:

The one at my camp is always good but the ones near my house always manage to gently caress up the coffee every single time

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
gently caress coffee, gently caress tea that isn't iced, gently caress green tea, and gently caress all of you :haw:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hezzy/Bernard/chartley/whichever britcop: what the gently caress is going on with your police union and why is your Home Secretary talking about dissolving it? I was watching bbc a couple days ago and they were talking about it non-stop.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

GunForumMeme posted:

Hey Brit Cops. I found a bunch of tins of loose leaf tea from the East India Company in my cupboard.

What's the proper way to go about making a cup of tea with them?

Well the British Standards Institute specification 6008:1980 says this

BS 6008:1980 / ISO-3103 posted:

To maintain consistent results, the following are recommendations given by the standard:

The pot should be white porcelain or glazed earthenware and have a partly serrated edge. It should have a lid that fits loosely inside the pot.
If a large pot is used, it should hold a maximum of 310 ml (±8 ml) and must weigh 200 g (±10 g).
If a small pot is used, it should hold a maximum of 150 ml (±4 ml) and must weigh 118 g (±10 g).
2 grams of tea (measured to ±2% accuracy) per 100 ml boiling water is placed into the pot.
Freshly boiling water is poured into the pot to within 4–6 mm of the brim. Allow 20 seconds for water to cool.
The water should be similar to the drinking water where the tea will be consumed
Brewing time is six minutes.
The brewed tea is then poured into a white porcelain or glazed earthenware bowl.
If a large bowl is used, it must have a capacity of 380 ml and weigh 200 g (±20 g)
If a small bowl is used, it must have a capacity of 200 ml and weigh 105 g (±20 g)
If the test involves milk, then it is added before pouring the infused tea.
Milk added after the pouring of tea is best tasted when the liquid is between 65 - 80 °C.
5 ml of milk for the large bowl, or 2.5 ml for the small bowl, is used.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hezzy/Bernard/chartley/whichever britcop: what the gently caress is going on with your police union and why is your Home Secretary talking about dissolving it? I was watching bbc a couple days ago and they were talking about it non-stop.
Theresa May (the home secretary) is getting pissy about the Police Federation sitting on a huge pile of money they keep using to challenge the Government over cuts to UK police forces (example from yesterday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27598444) and also something about bullying maybe because some guys in the Met tried to stitch up one of her fellow Government buddies by making poo poo up thus: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24548645

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
Austerity

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Down with unions, the Free Market fixes everything.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
For a long time, way before I joined but when my father was a copper, the Federation has always attracted the worst officers in to it's ranks as reps. I'm sure it's different in other forces but in the Met they just aren't fit for purpose.

Anyway, there was this incident called plebgate where some officers guarding Downing Street had a pathetic verbal disagreement with a Conservative member of the house of Lords (read: unelected Republican senator), the officers lied about the dialogue and accused the Lord of calling them various classist insults like "Best you learn your loving place. You don't run this loving government.... You're loving plebs." The Lord the stood down and resigned.

It made the national news and the Federation used it as an opportunity to criticize the government over alleged lack of respect and poor treatment of Police officers as a whole. It made the Government look very stupid, then they found out the officers had lied. The Federation was still sticking up for them even after it was proved the officers lied about the whole episode.

On top of a whole slew of bullying, sexism and lying accusations and also general trouble making over the current governments policies the Home Secretary is now doing what all good conservatives do and is smashing our union.

Just as a foot note I'm not allowed to be a member of the Federation because I'm unpaid but I get affected by their counter-productive squabbling all the time. Also the only rep I know is also the only male officer I know that has failed the fitness test. He is a disgusting sham of a man who doesn't deserve to wear the uniform. He was elected because no one else stood against him.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

He was elected because no one else stood against him.

I think I found your problem.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

the Federation has always attracted the worst officers in to it's ranks as reps.

Cool to see you guys share even more with your American brethren!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK loving LIGHTING HIT MY HOUSE AGAIN

Year old 50" Sony = DEAD
year old roku = DEAD
year old PS3 = DEAD
Year old garage door opener = DEAD

all this is poo poo that I bought last July to replace the stuff that was ruined THE LAST TIME LIGHTING STRUCK MY HOUSE

WHAT THE gently caress LIGHTING ALL ANYONE AAYS ABOUT YOU IS THAT YOU NEVER STRIKE THE SAME PLACE TWICE

gently caress this lovely lighting magnet house beanieacres awaits I'm gonna burn this mother to the ground

beanieson fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 28, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
God hates you because you're a sodomite.

Do you have a copper roof or something?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

god is dead t:mad:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Did Grover build your house?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Whip Slagcheek posted:

They're not talking about dissolving it as such, just getting rid of the people running it at the moment.

I agree with the Home Secretary but I think the way she's going about it is disgusting.

Our Federation is corrupt, slovenly and useless. They don't fight for us any more and just seem to be abusing all the money given to them. It is basically an old boy's club. The Federation for my force has point blank refused to make their expenses transparent, refused to allow greater female representation and refused to account for the chairman's trips all around the world to "policing conferences".

That being said, if the Home Secretary replaces the people in the Federation they're probably just going to be government yes men and we will be even more worse off if that is even possible. We need democratic processes to elect the chair of the Federation.

For a long time, way before I joined but when my father was a copper, the Federation has always attracted the worst officers in to it's ranks as reps.

I've heard anecdotes about my force's current chair and they all revolve around his corruptness. He was very close to a number of people who were fired for raiding property stores for drugs and selling them on. They couldn't prove anything against him though. Now he is in charge of our Federation and is taking trips around the world to "policing conferences"...

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 28, 2014

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

:swoon:

Tea4Lyfe

You Americans don't know what's up. Iced tea is legit but coffee is disgusting sludge that the earth shits into your cup.

Wazzup up other non-coffee drinking pig. :hfive:

There's about 17 of us in our entire department that don't drink coffee. Tim Horton tea is acceptable, but not the "steeped tea". You also have to make sure that they don't put cream in it instead of milk. Yuck.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

beanieson posted:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK loving LIGHTING HIT MY HOUSE AGAIN

Year old 50" Sony = DEAD
year old roku = DEAD
year old PS3 = DEAD

all this is poo poo that I bought last July to replace the stuff that was ruined THE LAST TIME LIGHTING STRUCK MY HOUSE

WHAT THE gently caress LIGHTING ALL ANYONE AAYS ABOUT YOU IS THAT YOU NEVER STRIKE THE SAME PLACE TWICE

gently caress this lovely lighting magnet house beanieacres awaits I'm gonna burn this mother to the ground

get a lightning rod u tit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

get a lightning rod u tit

Those don't work.

Sacrifice your neighbor's children/pets to Zeus and leave him an issue of Hustler every week in the yard

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Booblord Zagats posted:

Those don't work.

Sacrifice your neighbor's children/pets to Zeus and leave him an issue of Hustler every week in the yard

wind your neck in you oval office

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

wind your neck in you oval office

Guessing you're mad Zeus Jody'd up your last biddy, son

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I'm not allowed to be a member of the Federation because I'm unpaid but I get affected by their counter-productive squabbling all the time.

wait are you some kind of copper intern?

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Mine is separate, the Scottish police federation which isn't such a shambles. They produce snazzy videos and try to work in a positive way with the media etc.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wait are you some kind of copper intern?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Constabulary

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
why the gently caress would you do that?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

They do it in the US too, they're called reserves. Mostly they just hang around to help direct traffic at big events and occasionally ride along with full-time officers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They work a lot of football games and such in Florida.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

It keeps your POST current.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

It's usually seen as a career path into the police. It is incredibly competitive here, considering we're just coming out of a 5 year complete recruitment freeze. Only 2 people on my intake of 60 people didn't have a police background, the majority being Special Constables or PCSOs

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

JiimyPopAli posted:

Wazzup up other non-coffee drinking pig. :hfive:

There's about 17 of us in our entire department that don't drink coffee. Tim Horton tea is acceptable, but not the "steeped tea". You also have to make sure that they don't put cream in it instead of milk. Yuck.

ugh that steeped tea is irredeemable sludge as well

large earl grey, two bags two sugars

idgaf if the other pigs make fun of me :dealwithit:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hezzy posted:

It's usually seen as a career path into the police. It is incredibly competitive here, considering we're just coming out of a 5 year complete recruitment freeze. Only 2 people on my intake of 60 people didn't have a police background, the majority being Special Constables or PCSOs

that sounds terrible, no pay to have the privilege of having some chav test out your stabproof vest after he spits in your eye? no thanks

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

that sounds terrible, no pay to have the privilege of having some chav test out your stabproof vest after he spits in your eye? no thanks

Before I got hired I wanted to do the job so badly that I would've done it for free.

Now that I'm doing the job I couldn't imagine doing it for free and even on the contrary I want to be paid more, far more, for having to do it.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I do it because I watched some female officer get her face smashed in with a brick during the riots. .

Also I have a well paid but very boring day job, I've got no intention of joining full time.

Apparently in the old days Specials in the Met used to get treated like poo poo and were perpetually on crap duties like standing cordon at a sudden death but now we more or less do everything a regular officer does because they are short of numbers. Pretty much 100% of my duty time is spent out on patrol fighting and arresting 'the slag.' I don't mind taking the odd kicking or having poop thrown at me when it feels like you're doing a bit of good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

Year old 50" Sony = DEAD
year old roku = DEAD
year old PS3 = DEAD

Homeowners insurance cover that?

• Locked thread