Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

You'll never BELIEVE what this Shield man did. Smackdown watchers HATE him!

Watch Dean Ambrose's ONE WEIRD TRICK for dealing with barricade-jumping fans! :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

John Cena is that bully in middle school who's parents think he is perfect and could never do wrong.

I'm John Cena this rules

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

I'm sold on this show now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
How can it be that we don't have video of this yet. Is this not the Year 2014?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Rating was ugly for Raw, we knew it would be.

8PM 3.538 Million
9PM 3.858 Million
10 PM 3.412 Million

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Dexo posted:

How can it be that we don't have video of this yet. Is this not the Year 2014?

The Ambrose thing? I just assumed those were all jokes. I just read a fan jumped the barricade and got arrested. Nothing super interesting happened

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

John Cena is that bully in middle school who's parents think he is perfect and could never do wrong.

In your middle school the bully was the guy who stood up to the bossy rear end in a top hat and his two goons who tried to beat the poo poo out of everyone?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

In your middle school the bully was the guy who stood up to the bossy rear end in a top hat and his two goons who tried to beat the poo poo out of everyone?

He's the guy who's picking on the outcasts who have bad family lives and have banded together to form their own family based on friendship, with the eldest/smartest as the father figure. All they want is for everyone else to know how cool it is to be a part of their family, and this white rear end in a top hat who thinks he's a rapper despite being from an upper class suburb keeps calling them names during class.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

He's the guy who's picking on the outcasts who have bad family lives and have banded together to form their own family based on friendship, with the eldest/smartest as the father figure. All they want is for everyone else to know how cool it is to be a part of their family, and this white rear end in a top hat who thinks he's a rapper despite being from an upper class suburb keeps calling them names during class.

They banded together to attack him on numerous occasions and dedicated themselves to turning him into a monster.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bray Wyatt also called himself God, which does indeed make him a heel to the majority of the audience.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

never give up John Cena

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bray's thing was more getting Cena to admit he was *already* a monster. Which is pretty well true if you've been watching him for the past ten years.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

TheJoker138 posted:

hahahah this post

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

John Cena watches anime and makes smarky references in his promos because he's a loving nerd.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Bray Wyatt also called himself God, which does indeed make him a heel to the majority of the audience.
And the minority of the audience live vicariously through him because that's like the ultimate goon power fantasy, running a hillbilly cult and have no one actually laugh at you for wearing a fedora and being fat.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

have no one actually laugh at you for wearing a fedora and being fat.

nah

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Hasn't Cena done exactly that?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expecting a climb down on the Devitt news in the Observer. As of Monday he wasn't signed or talking to WWE according to someone I trust.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

rovert's got the scoops, brother.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Been a while since we've seen a good 'my source on AIM' post

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yall can joke about rovert and normally i'd be the first to do it but he's a bit more trustworthy regarding devitt than most of you would know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So now we are making fun of people who actually know things?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

yea ok posted:

yall can joke about rovert and normally i'd be the first to do it but he's a bit more trustworthy regarding devitt than most of you would know

I've a pretty good record on WWE signings too but comes from friends in the UK and US - likely people here that are friends with.

On an Irish level I knew about Becky Lynch and (short lived signee) Luther Ward's signings six months before they were publicly announced.

Devitt recorded an hour long interview in Ireland last week were he brought up the WWE rumours himself. Only the first part has been released.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Expecting a climb down on the Devitt news in the Observer. As of Monday he wasn't signed or talking to WWE according to someone I trust.

Do you think there's any reasonable chance of him returning to NJPW (hopefully with a nice raise)?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Do you think there's any reasonable chance of him returning to NJPW (hopefully with a nice raise)?

Genuinely I don't know. New Japan doesn't white wash history like WWE obviously but still there's a lot of Devitt mentions and references since he left. I am not pretending I know more than what was said to me.

As of three weeks ago Devitt hadn't submitted his medical to WWE that's the strongest fact I know. I believe he is either having the Summer off or is playing the long(er) game on a better deal.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

So now we are making fun of people who actually know things?

Even though I know he's trustworthy with this stuff, rovert's post doesn't look any more credible than Matlock saying he has a friend on AIM or whatever. Edit: at first glance. Don't want it to look like I'm trashing him

I wonder what is next for Devitt if WWE isn't. ROH maybe?

schweens fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 29, 2014

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

schweens posted:

Even though I know he's trustworthy with this stuff, rovert's post doesn't look any more credible than Matlock saying he has a friend on AIM or whatever.

I wonder what is next for Devitt if WWE isn't. ROH maybe?

He's going to cross the line (oh god I hope he doesn't)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

#jointheforce

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

schweens posted:

Even though I know he's trustworthy with this stuff, rovert's post doesn't look any more credible than Matlock saying he has a friend on AIM or whatever.

Believe me I can more than understand. I am not a reporter. Just a big old gossip.

This is doing my head in. Would prefer him to be confirmed as signed with a capital S. Rather than vague "the expectation is that" type statements from Observer or Insider.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

schweens posted:

Even though I know he's trustworthy with this stuff, rovert's post doesn't look any more credible than Matlock saying he has a friend on AIM or whatever. Edit: at first glance.

Yeah, nobody was making fun of him about actually knowing anything just the way he said it was funny but somehow it's immediately bullying

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah, nobody was making fun of him about actually knowing anything just the way he said it was funny but somehow it's immediately bullying

I'd be the same. Lads it is fine.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Genuinely I don't know. New Japan doesn't white wash history like WWE obviously but still there's a lot of Devitt mentions and references since he left. I am not pretending I know more than what was said to me.

Yeah, I definitely get the idea that the door's open and from everything Dave's reported and the man himself has said he seemed to have been happy there. Now whether the pocketbook's open is another question unfortunately.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
It's not like rovert hasn't taken twitter rumors and treated them as fact before

Like when jape and john cena made a bunch of poo poo up about the NJPW announcers being Mauro and Matt Striker and he ran with it as fact

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

It's not like rovert hasn't taken twitter rumors and treated them as fact before

Like when jape and john cena made a bunch of poo poo up about the NJPW announcers being Mauro and Matt Striker and he ran with it as fact

Rovert is a weird dude but dude knows his poo poo about developmental so when he says something about it I'll pay attention.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Yuriy posted:

Find me on Twitter where I got this from please? Simply doesn't exist. It was a phone conversation.

The Matt and Mauro thing was a mistake on my part should have verified it first. It was a rare instance of me not doing so. Also I was new to this forum and didn't know what was what yet. Hasn't happened since. Ask anyone who knows me will tell you that is not my deal at all. If anything I am known to be too strict on sources and verification.

Nice try though, Yurily.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 29, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I stand with rovert.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Is Batista still gone after this PPV? I didn't think a wrestler's return would be weirder than that blip of a return that Jericho had last time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

Is Batista still gone after this PPV? I didn't think a wrestler's return would be weirder than that blip of a return that Jericho had last time.

I think Payback is his last day until after movie stuff.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Advertised at next week's Raw, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I think Payback is his last day until after movie stuff.

It was thought that it was until PWInsider said it today:

quote:

Batista is advertised for next week's Raw, which will be his last appearance before he goes on hiatus to help promote Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy."

• Locked thread