Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
I first heard about the Sisters of Saint Brigid during a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. My friend and I passed this scenic view and there, far off in the distance, was an impressive looking building standing down in the middle of one of the valleys. After that I decided to dig into the place's history a bit - though honestly there's not much to tell. The Sisters of Saint Brigid are mostly a quiet order. As a matter of fact outside of a small area near Asheville, NC nobody knows who they are at all, but since the early 1920s women who have heard the call have gathered at the convent to live, pray and do good works in peace.

Times change though, and now kids are more likely to worship their Gameboys or otherkin headmates than the Lord. The population of the convent has dwindled in size. The few that remain - led by the strong hand of the Mother Superior - are keeping the faith. No matter how many times Friendventures Inc. comes knocking with offers to buy the land and change the area from "Nun to FUN" this place of worship will remain strong! There's no way that the bond between the sisters and their beloved guests would ever break... is there?

~*Welcome to a Bunch of Nunsense with the Sisters of Saint Brigid: A Game of Mafia for 9 Players*~

Will the sisters stand together or will the convent end up being a colorful outdoor FunZone with a mascot named Squiggly the Squirrel?

This is a pretty standard mafia game in the style of one of the F11 variations! Whichever variation it is will be random. Everyone has their own unique weirdo character and maybe there will be some shenanigans abounding!

SA rules and standard mafia rules apply: no talking out of thread, no copy-pasting PMs, no toxxing, no editing. Fake actions are okay and fun, unless they are designed to be thought of as real actions (no fake vigging or all that). There will be no actual game consequences to these fake actions.

Some specifics:
  • The first two days will be 72 hours long. They'll change to 48 hours after that point.
  • Nights will be 24 hours or whenever all actions are submitted.
  • Deadlines will usually be at 10 p.m. EST.
  • The thread will be locked after the flip. You can talk post-hammer if you'd like before that happens.
  • If there is only one scum remaining AND they have a night action they are able to both kill and do whatever that action is. That's just the way I do things.
  • Townies will be "Sister-Aligned" and scum will be "FunZone-Aligned"
  • Have fun pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Brides in Christ
  1. apostateCourier/Juanito
  2. Big Nothing
  3. Dr. Hurt
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. kaschei
  6. mr.capps
  7. Opopanax
  8. Peta
  9. Puntification

Holy Acts
Puntification (Rabbi Hillel Norris, The Lonesome Rabbi) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Rabbi left the convent D1!
Dr. Hurt (Sister Whopi Gooldberg, The Sherri Shepherd Impersonator) Sister-Aligned Vanilla "Nun" vanished N1!
Peta (Sister Bernadette, The Art-Loving Nun) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun was sent away D1!
Fiery_Valkyrie ("Sister Jane Doe" aka Joey "The Snitch" Snitcheroni) Sister-Aligned Doctor/Nun was dragged away N2!
Opopanax (Mother Super Superior, Tired of This poo poo) FunZone-Aligned Roleblocker/Nun fell off a cliff D3!
Juanito (Lil Bobby Noparents, The Poor Orphan) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Orphan finally passed on N3!

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 5, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hello I am dead in everything. Please let me live again

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Everyone is this thread is now #blessed by Opop's presence. I'll wait to see if people drop out but role PMs will go out tonight. Cool.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna nun up all in this joint! Wait that doesn't make sense. But I'm confirming.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'll be replacement nun one.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah sure I'm in.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nunfirming

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

This time I am not going to completely forget this game exists and hide from shame.

I'm here to take my vows.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Confirming that EightDollars knows the correct tense to use when making "none"/"nun" puns

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is it too early to play ##shenanigans

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oooh ooh ##shenunigans

edit: nice thread tag

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm still keen.

It's too early for me to make puns though.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm still keen.

It's too early for me to make puns though.

You should try. It's a good habit.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

kaschei posted:

Is it too early to play ##shenanigans

kaschei posted:

Oooh ooh ##shenunigans

edit: nice thread tag

kaschei has stuck his hand down his dress and pulled out a Cream Pie! He can now do whatever he wants with said pie!

kaschei has Sassed the Mod! Eight Dollars Cries at His Mistakes

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You've outed me as funzone-aligned as a nun would wear a habit but I'm stuck in this super hot dress.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

kaschei has Tripped and Fallen on His Own Pie?!?! Oh no! :cheeky:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Well how much worse can it be now than just after coming out of my super hot dress? It's not like there was a lot of room.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Confirming :henget:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It's me, I'm replacement nunber two.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Eight Dollars posted:

kaschei has stuck his hand down his dress and pulled out a Cream Pie! He can now do whatever he wants with said pie!

kaschei has Sassed the Mod! Eight Dollars Cries at His Mistakes

That's eight dollars for you, always wimpleing in the corner.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Because of some situations with Goog docs not saving my info I've already written :( I'll be sending out role PMs tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay ya'll!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nice going, ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Jinkies!!

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Yeah, I'm in.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

PMs are out! Let's get this started!

A nice breakfast, a morning prayer and all the girls/guests were ready to seize the day and do their tasks. It felt like last nights angry discussion over the possibly Friendventures deal was long ago and forgotten. One by one, however, the girls realized something. These was something missing. The dulcet strings of Sister Theresa's acoustic guitar weren't there... it was only silence and the sound of the church bell. They later found the instrument's case hanging from a tree. It seems like the dear sister was running from something and found herself lost in the woods of North Carolina. She was probably also eaten by a bear. A bad omen indeed. But what or who was she running from?!?!

Three Dollars (Sister Theresa, The Guitar-Playing Nun) Sister-Aligned Vanilla Nun, was lost in the woods N0!

Day 1 begins... NOW

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): apostateCourier, Big Nothing, Dr. Hurt, fiery_valkyrie, kaschei, mr.capps, Opopanax, Peta, Puntification

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 7 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f72CTDe4-0&feature=kp

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Confirmed.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Nunfirmed ##vote Puntifex Maximus

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Ah yeah the week is over so let's break out the communion wine and wafers and get ecclesiastical in this mo-ho (most holy place)!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

kaschei posted:

Nunfirmed ##vote Puntifex Maximus

That's not very godly of you. Someone's forgotten the homily about turning his cheek? ##vote kaschei

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:catholic:

Eight Dollars posted:

Three Dollars (Sister *Teresa, The Guitar-Playing Nun)

no H, that's heretical protestant naming.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Puntification posted:

That's not very godly of you. Someone's forgotten the homily about turning his cheek? ##vote kaschei
If anything that person is you, man-in-a-habit!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

kaschei posted:

If anything that person is you, man-in-a-habit!

Yeah it is isn't it? I did not think my come-back through probably. But you know to err is human. ##unvote

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote Eccoraven

Confirmed :angel:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I SEE THINGS

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

I SEE THINGS

Hey capps, I have this revolutionary idea about how to play mafia, want to hear it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Where is everybody? I am nun too pleased with the lack of posting here. I am nunplussed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Where is everybody? I am nun too pleased with the lack of posting here. I am nunplussed

I'm here. Please pretend I ended this post in a nun-pun because I can't think of nun.

• Locked thread