Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

While we are talking about Z3 How much do the characters remember about the past three games? Do they remember all of it and just edit out the missing characters or do they think different events went down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

You could switch Ruri to to main pilot seat. IFS increases her stats as her will goes up, so it should increase her hit too.

many thanks

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ethiser posted:

While we are talking about Z3 How much do the characters remember about the past three games? Do they remember all of it and just edit out the missing characters or do they think different events went down?

In general, the assumption is that the characters who are not in the game were gapped out of the combined world in the quake and are now in another one.There are some inconsistencies in some of the characters' memories but it's an explicit plot point.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there anywhere on enemies' character sheet that says that they take damage (or morale damage) from Basara's singing? Or is it just a matter of experimenting with every enemy you see?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just finished Z3-1. Two things:

I was wondering how mechanically they would deal with the unit size gap in the last TTGL stage, I guess making them all the same size (infinity) worked just fine.

Holy poo poo Shiku's music, does anyone know the title?

edit: found it (spoiler). I have a new entry in my top five final boss musics ever.

What the hell is that thing and what is this music oh god. :gonk:

And here I thought the Lemures and DAMONs were as creepy as SRW was going to get.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

And here I thought the Lemures and DAMONs were as creepy as SRW was going to get.
Were you not around for Perfectio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0bB9VSRSFs

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Perfectio had a ballin theme and any guy whose final attack is to pop out of his mech to attach on foot should be respected not feared. Coincidentally Chirico is the best character in Z3.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

I can't take Perfectio seriously. His mech just looks too doofy.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Z3.1's perfect bible coming out tomorrow and, by the size of it, I'm guessing it either contains Japan's yellow pages as an added bonus or it's one of those book-like boxes and the actual, normal sized perfect bible, is inside.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I think the Fatum is a good paintjob away from looking like something out of future silent hill. But as is it looks about as menacing as your average 70's bad guy mech.

e: ^^ holy poo poo that's humongous.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

I think the Fatum is a good paintjob away from looking like something out of future silent hill. But as is it looks about as menacing as your average 70's bad guy mech.
It looks disturbing as poo poo in the moves where it gets shrouded in shadow. Which I guess doesn't counter your 'paint job' argument.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Z3.1's perfect bible coming out tomorrow and, by the size of it, I'm guessing it either contains Japan's yellow pages as an added bonus or it's one of those book-like boxes and the actual, normal sized perfect bible, is inside.
Sweet Jesus Yamato, you could kill someone with that thing. :stare:

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Brunom1 posted:

And I thought Final Fantasy guides were big. :stare:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if there are any secrets that haven't been found yet ala the Russel Laser.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if there are any secrets that haven't been found yet ala the Russel Laser.
There just has to be a way to save Kittan, right?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

Just throw the perfect bible at the Anti-Spiral and it'll be crushed like a bug.

Kittan saved!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Probably not. I'd put a bigger bet on Kittan returning in Z3.2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Probably not. I'd put a bigger bet on Kittan returning in Z3.2.

Banjo was actually in this game he was just saving everyone who died off screen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

I don't understand what all is in it. Is a huge chunk of it just reprints of the character sheets and stuff that are in the game itself? I mean, SRW isn't very hard overall, even on the hardest difficulty level and getting all the secret stuff. What is there to write about?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't understand what all is in it. Is a huge chunk of it just reprints of the character sheets and stuff that are in the game itself? I mean, SRW isn't very hard overall, even on the hardest difficulty level and getting all the secret stuff. What is there to write about?

Pretty much, I have the perfect guides for D, J and W, a lot of it is focusing on the path splits and stages while telling you about each secret. I remember J's guide had a little poster with all the secrets and a grid to tell you do do what in each stage.

At the end of the book are pilot and mech stats for every single pilot and mech in the game. At the very end it has concept art and promotional art for the OG characters and mech, all of which is pretty neat, J's in particular.

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 30, 2014

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Pretty much, I have the perfect guides for D, J and W, a lot of it is focusing on the path splits and stages while telling you about each secret. I remember J's guide had a little poster with all the secrets and a grid to tell you do do what in each stage.

At the end of the book are pilot and mech stats for every single pilot and mech in the game. At the very end it has concept art and promotional art for the OG characters and mech, all of which is pretty neat, J's in particular.

How are the pilot stats formatted? I could see them listing level 1 stats and growth rates, or listing stats at various level milestones. Or maybe it could be something else?

I wonder if scans of the Perfect Bibles exist online anywhere.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

maou shoujo posted:

How are the pilot stats formatted? I could see them listing level 1 stats and growth rates, or listing stats at various level milestones. Or maybe it could be something else?

I wonder if scans of the Perfect Bibles exist online anywhere.

After checking yeah it lists level 1 stats and growths, shows what seinshin they get and at what level they get them at, as well as what stage you get the pilot at. They also have their starting SP and pilot stats and each pilot/enemy is even graded on it from D to S :v:.

For the mechs they show what stage you get them in, their starting stats and the max you can upgrade their stats. (HP, EN, ect.) and weapons power, as well as their rank in space, ground, sea and air. They added how much it costs to repair them from when you first get them to when they're fully upgraded too. And like with the pilot stats each of the mechs are graded too from HP to their weapons from a D to an S.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Maybe the strategy guide sections are written in a super fanfictiony prose format.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It includes an all routes all secrets screenshot LP. Actually it kind of sounds like that's what you're getting anyway.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
From /m/, some of the secret requirements.

quote:

5 points need for Defy Destiny route.

List of points:

- Defeat the Sixth Angel within 4 turns on stage 19
- Obtain the Serpent on stage 21
- Attack Kagura with Jin on stage 27
- Shoot down Char on Space 37
- Achieve requirements for Daguza's survival on space route 40
- Convince Gura twice with Shotaro on Earth 37
- Support attack/defend Gura with Shotaro or vice versa, and get three kills with Gura in Earth 39
- Convince Wufei with Setsuna and Zero in Mithril 36
- Defeat Teitania in Mithril 39 with Chirico alone
- Believe in Char
- Convince Gura with Shotaro in stage 43
- Achieve requirements for the Kshatriya on stage 45
- Save Roni by defeating her with Banagher on Merida 48
- Select "Fight with EVA-03" on Japan route 47 (if you allowed the test to continue)
- Initiate combat with Mikono and Zessica at least once each on Japan route 47 (if you stopped the test)
- Defeat Gadlight in stage 49

quote:

Daguza:

- Daguza achieves ace pilot by Space 40
- Banagher engages both Full Frontal and Haman after the NT-D event on Space 40

Quess:

Three Quess points required.
- 1 point for convincing with Hathaway on Space 37, 2 points if you do it before Char sorties.
- 1 point when Hathaway defeats an enemy, which triggers a response from Gyunei in stage 41
- 1 point for convincing Quess with Hathaway in Merida 46
- 2 points automatically for achieving Defy Destiny route.
- Finally, convince her one last time with Hathaway in stage 56.

The (Blissful) Colasour
- Patrick achieves at least two kills during Merida 48
- Cumulative kill count of all Celestial Being members (Ptolemy included) exceeds 350 by the start of the stage.

Serpent
- Convince Wufei with Quatre, Trowa, and Kallen on stage 21
- On the second half of stage 21, Noin and Hilde achieve at least 5 kills between them
- Once the conditions are satisfied, the Serpent is made available after a D-Trader event in the next intermission.

Juagg
- Amuro achieves ace pilot before Merida 48.
- Amuro defeats both Juaggs alone on Merida 48.
- Once the conditions are satisfied, the Juagg is made available after a D-Trader event in the next intermission.

Kshatriya
- Marida/Quess/Gyunei's cumulative kill count exceeds 225 by the end of stage 45.
- Choose Merida Island route.

Bonta-kun
- Bonta-kun scores at least three kills on both stages 9 and 17
- Bonta-kun defeats Gates and a further two units (if you went to the hot springs), otherwise Bonta-kun defeats the stage's boss (if you chose not to)
- Once the conditions are satisfied, Bonta-kun is made available after a D-Trader event in the next intermission.

Byarlant Custom
- Kamille/Fa/Ema/Katz' cumulative kill count exceeds 240 by the end of Merida 47.
- Kamille achieves ace pilot before the end of Merida 47.
- The kill requirement persists past the first loop, but route requirement does not.

quote:

Hidden items

All coordinates use the top left corner of the map as the 0,0 for reference.

Auxiliary GN Drive (Stage 8) - Bring Hibiki to the location 28 across, 24 down.

Super Repair Kit (Stage 28) - Bring Hibiki to the location 4 across, 4 down.

50000 Quid (Stage 32) - Bring any unit to the entrance of the Paradigm Corporation (13 across, 4 down).

Chogokin Z (Stage 45) - Bring Kouji to the tile where the civilians are seen in the bottom right corner of the map.

Kamina's Sunglasses (Japan 48) - Engage the ASI with Kittan, Yoko, Gimmy, and Dary if you chose to activate EVA-03. Otherwise, engage Gadlight with Hibiki in GAI mode and Advent.

100000 Quid (Stage 49) - Defeat Gadlight

I think I'm good on the Defy Destiny route. Mostly thanks to taking the Gundam route splits and getting the secrets from them.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still a bit shocked that Merida Island is basically the "you get everything" route. It's like they think saving Asuka is as good as the Great Zeorymer or something.

I mean, I figured you at least got Gura/Ghoula on the other route if you convinced him enough...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, I got the defy destiny route by accident on the first try. That might be a first for SRW.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 31, 2014

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nephrite posted:

I'm still a bit shocked that Merida Island is basically the "you get everything" route. It's like they think saving Asuka is as good as the Great Zeorymer or something.

I mean, I figured you at least got Gura/Ghoula on the other route if you convinced him enough...

You get Kamina's sunglasses in the Japan route. :v:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Whoops! Turns out there was one major BGM that I forgot to grab from Z3.

Here's the remixed version of Hibiki's main theme:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
BTW, I've read stuff about The Last Day DLC for Z3-1 being very good for developing Gadlight and Annalotte's characters, so if you can understand Japanese you might want to spring for that particular mission.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
"Very good" comes with a giant asterisk attached. I did all the DLC missions, and that one shows what happened to their home planet, but not in any great detail other than the level of dialogue you'd find in other DLC missions. In content terms, it's the equivalent of a sepia-toned two minute anime flashback.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

But you get to mess around with their robots, which is like half the selling point of all these DLC. I imagine this is an equivalent of a lower quality and extremely over priced SRW Z fandisc.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So apparently Advent is a rejected Tetsuya Nomura character.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Are there any other full designs posted? I'm curious to see the other originals.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Are there any other full designs posted? I'm curious to see the other originals.
Yes, check on /m/.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I was talking with a friend about the scans and we're both sort of concerned that the page about Sphere Reactors still lists the owner of the Capricorn Sphere as unknown.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Caphi posted:

I was talking with a friend about the scans and we're both sort of concerned that the page about Sphere Reactors still lists the owner of the Capricorn Sphere as unknown.

Maybe they mean the original owner, before Asakim took it?

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

It says Asakim has it, though? Definitely not listed as unknown.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

Yes, check on /m/.

Holy poo poo, AG. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Brunom1 posted:

Maybe they mean the original owner, before Asakim took it?

Phlogistic posted:

It says Asakim has it, though? Definitely not listed as unknown.

They probably do mean the original owner (Aries and Aquarius are attached to who you'd think); it just makes me think that the original owner isn't as cut and dried as some of us have been assuming since Z2 ended. Or maybe it is, and they're just being incredibly cagey. Either way, it was something we thought worth noting.

• Locked thread