Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tomorrow :woop: :woop: :woop: :holy: :holy:

So, who's coming? Anyone else bought their tickets in the presale and is coming through the ~special door~?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

loving hell that owned. Trent and the band are just in amazing shape, and I think we got the better setlist compared to the first show in Riga (Reptile instead of The Frail/The Wretched, Sanctified instead of Find My Way, and especially loving Hand Covers Bruise, Beside You In Time AND Somewhat Damaged instead of Eraser). I wouldn't have minded the other setlist, mind you, but I'm personally really happy with what we got to hear. Also, the hall was just around 4/5 full, but the atmosphere was fantastic and the crowd went loving wild at the appropriate spots. Great light show and some cool projections as well, looked like a mix of the 2013 Festival and Tension tour setups. Awesome poo poo!

Cold Cave was pretty fun as well. I'm not a huge fan of the singer's voice, but they had some great songs and he put in a fantastic performance otherwise.

Spoilered some stuff if someone here is going on this tour and doesn't want to know anything beforehand :)

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Loving the look of the Euro setlists. Seeing them in London and I'm reeeeeally excited now. Probably the band I've been in to for the longest, but for some reason this'll be my first time seeing them live.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah, just a week to go until I see them in Brum.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 27, 2018

Ugrok
Dec 30, 2009
Saw them yesterday in Luxembourg. It was great. The visuals are incredible. Crowd was a bit weak, though, as is always the case in luxembourg.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ugrok posted:

Saw them yesterday in Luxembourg. It was great. The visuals are incredible. Crowd was a bit weak, though, as is always the case in luxembourg.
What are the visuals looking like on this tour? I haven't seen any videos come out so far.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 27, 2018

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Is it just me and you then M1TCH3LL?

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Anyone else at the LG right now?

grunthaas fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 18, 2014

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yes. About 4-5 rows from the front. Been waiting ages, but they've kicked in the smoke machines and done the emergency procedure announcement, so hopefully soon

Over to the left with a blue check shirt and NIN tee underneath

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
loving finally!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well that was good - actually my first NIN show. The light show was better than I expected - was a bit worried when it wasn't there after the curtain dropped, but it did come down after the first few songs. Not sure if it was just how I saw it, but it seemed the crowd didn't get into it as much until Head Like A Hole - they really got into that song.

Nice to meet you grunthaas - sorry I didn't stop to chat, but I wanted to get back to my spot three rows back I'd stood and waited ages for!

(Stayed around at the end, and got handed a pick by one of the stage technicians!)

Carpet fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 19, 2014

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

That was a good show. Last time I saw them was on the NINJA/wave goodbye tour and visually it was just white lights, still great music but Im glad Ive seen a show with the video visuals as well now. From where I was (probably only a few rows back from Carpet) the only flat spot seemed to be around about 1/3 from the end around Hand that Feeds.

Its always odd to do random internet meetings, but was cool to catch someone else from SA at the show :)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Woah, there's some interesting variation going on in the setlists on this tour, it looks like!

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 27, 2018

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I didn't see you, but it sounds like we were all pretty close by.

Cold Cave were good, but probably doesn't help if people don't know any of their songs. Think I will buy one of his CDs.

Anyone know what the pre-show music was, or how to find out? It was pretty good, wouldn't mind listening to more of that as well.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

M1TCH3LL posted:

- That said, what the hell happened during Copy Of A? I'm blaming Alessandro but can't confirm it was him. Whatever it was, something was off at the beginning.

I saw the show in Riga, since that's where I live, and Trent's voice during the first half minute of Copy of A sounded really really weird. I thought it's just because it's my first seeing NIN live but apparently that's not the case since other songs sounded just fine.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 27, 2018

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Haha I was - only found out about that forum the other night actually, while looking for merch prices

Carpet fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 19, 2014

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 27, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

M1TCH3LL posted:

It was the audio during the "look what you had to start" bit. Sounded like Alessandro forgot to hit a button or something, but I did see some dude trying to fix something at the same time, so they may have been related.
What the hell? They've been playing that song just fine for a year and then they mess it up at multiple shows?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

M1TCH3LL posted:

If you turned around after Cold Cave and asked a confused-looking guy to hold your spot whilst you went for a drink

Shiiiit, that was me! I don't think that woman ever managed to get her friend's attention - and her head was about elbow height for me (see below)

quote:

One other thing - clapping during Hurt. How do we feel about that? It could have been decent had anyone in Birmingham known how to clap in time...

I was guilty of this, but I was just too drat excited to be there.

Carpet fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 19, 2014

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 27, 2018

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

M1TCH3LL posted:

Had I have known, I wouldn't have been so stand-offish. Sorry dude. I was trying desperately to pull my feet from off the Coke-covered sticky floor. I did hold your spot, by the way, but you ended up on the other side of me. I ended up behind a lad with big muscles and his missus who didn't particularly like anyone being in her space. That came in handy when a larger girl started moshing with herself and nearly got punched by some middle aged man near the end.

this wouldn't have happened if everyone would just sit down :smug:

Lucidity87
May 3, 2014

Carpet posted:

I was guilty of this, but I was just too drat excited to be there.

Doubly guilty of this, its been over 5 years since I last went to a NIN gig. Surprised the arena never sold out, honestly thought more people would flock to see them live considering they put on a great big dirty light show.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Unfortunately, I think the relatively low turnout in Europe is due to NIN not attracting many younger fans anymore.

Photex posted:

this wouldn't have happened if everyone would just sit down :smug:

Might as well hand in your balls. :frogout:

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
I'm gonna see them in Amsterdam next week (first time for me!), pretty excited. It's not sold out here either.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

M1TCH3LL posted:

Had I have known, I wouldn't have been so stand-offish. Sorry dude. I was trying desperately to pull my feet from off the Coke-covered sticky floor. I did hold your spot, by the way, but you ended up on the other side of me

Haha, that's OK. It was cheeky of me anyway to ask! I did think I wasn't quite in the same spot, but was happy enough where I ended up. Were you the guy with white earbuds? Surprised you didn't see me browsing the forums.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Anonymous John posted:

Unfortunately, I think the relatively low turnout in Europe is due to NIN not attracting many younger fans anymore.
I wouldnt say that was the case on sunday.. I was expecting it all to be people who knew NIN from the 90s, but there were plenty of early 20s around. There was even a mum and her what must have been 10 year old son there - cool!

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 27, 2018

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

M1TCH3LL posted:

The fanbase of NIN was relatively mixed from what I saw, but there was a distinct lack of attractive girls. Even taken girls... just lots of unhappy guys with ugly partners. At least Marilyn Manson attracts lesbians.

After watching the concert film that he just released, I think that Rob Zombie is probably the guy you should go see live if you want to see a bunch of hot ladies. There were way more tits in that film that I expected going in.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/

Soundgarden will open for the summer tour.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that's good news! At least they aren't gonna be skimping on the production for the summer tour.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Thank the loving lord.

Of course now we will have to sit through Soundgarden.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Not actually NIN related, but the new Wolfenstein game OST has a song or two that sounds like it would be right at home on Ghosts. Thought some of you may like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agBdkmz4nGA

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Not sure what he did, but Richard Devine had some involvement with the game sounds (maybe music) a while ago, he posted pictures backstage at a NIN show. Most of his stuff is super dense mangled IDM, but I'd recommend checking him out. I was really lucky and was able to hang out with him and The Flashbulb, and Richard is surprisingly funny for the dark mood his music often has.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So remember when Trent denied the rumors that he'd be working with deadmau5 a while back? Apparently deadmau5's new double album, which comes out on June 17th, features remixes of both Survivalism and Ice Age, one on each disc :psyboom:

I'll admit, I'm a big fan of some of deadmau5's stuff, but that could go a number of different ways so I'm not really sure what to expect.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
The Survivalism remix is poo poo but in my opinion deadmau5 improved Ice Age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He doesn't have to work with him on those remixes. He would just have to give him the multitracks. And doesn't Trent just put that poo poo out on the internet anyways? All deadmau5 would have to do is pay for the rights to sell it.