Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which?
This poll is closed.
the system 11 37.93%
the best player 5 17.24%
the past 13 44.83%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Gametime streams @ firstrow and vip
HD streams @ CFL and TNT Overtime

Game starts at 9pm on TNT
NBA Tipoff presented by autotrader.com starting now

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kevin Durant stood on the court at Chesapeake Energy Arena and let the noise wash over him, noise like you don't hear anywhere else in pro sports, unique because of the volume but also because of the tone. It is less of a full-throated bellow than a high-pitched shriek, the sound of families with children who are hopped up on candy way past their bedtimes, at the state's most delightful circus. Durant built this big top, with his youth and his bounce, his long arms and feathery jumpers. Fans around town wear T-shirts with his name in place of the Thunder logo. That's about right. He and the franchise are interchangeable. They came to Oklahoma City together and they will likely win championships together. The only question is when.

In San Antonio, the Thunder looked years away, and then they returned to the familiar clamor, and suddenly they appear only a few weeks off. So it goes with young powers, growing in fits and starts, until they emerge fully formed. The Thunder won again Tuesday night, 105-92, and the Spurs' 20-game winning streak seems like it was so long ago. The Spurs can line up all their Larry O'Brien trophies and individual awards, but none of that rusted hardware can obscure the truth about this series: Oklahoma City has the best player on the floor and it's not close.

Durant had been searching for a groove in this series, and when he consulted the tape, he saw that he was moving too fast, coming off screens before they were set. "Slow down," he told himself. He scored just eight points in the first half Tuesday, but the best closers tend to do that, as if pacing themselves for the final lap. "I wouldn't say I carried us," Durant said, which might have been his only mistake of the night. When Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich was asked if it seemed like Durant took over the game, he replied: "It didn't seem like that. That was a fact. I was there. I saw it."

It is easy to make social-security jokes about San Antonio, and if this season is any indication, it is also stupid. The last time the Spurs dropped two in a row, they reeled off 20 straight wins. They are headed home for Game 5, where their offense hums, and Oklahoma City scuffles. The din is different at AT&T Center. The Thunder is unable to turn noise into fuel.

The Spurs will trust in their experience, their system and their winning pedigree, which counts for a lot. The Thunder will trust in the best player on the court, which often counts for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Kevin Durant stood on the court of Cheasapeake Energy Arena and let the noise wash over him, noise like you don't hear anywhere else in pro sports, because of that guy who is always whooping during free throws and I wish the scoreboard would fall on top of him

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
What will you do Thunder, when your God THUNDOR isn't sitting in the stands but instead sitting on his couch eating Cheetos dust out of his chest hair?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I don't really care who wins this i'm just here for some b-ball

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
That Hibbert flop on TNT was god tier.

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm
Kendrick Perkins looks like a Pharaoh

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

guy really wanted to get chucks attention

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

hitze posted:

guy really wanted to get chucks attention

Just hoping for seven grueling games, go Heat.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
matt bonner time?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Let's go basketball

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
i don't think i can watch this game tonight, too sad for the spurs and too happy for the thunder. I will play super mario 3d world instead..... i think.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

What will you do Thunder, when your God THUNDOR isn't sitting in the stands but instead sitting on his couch eating Cheetos dust out of his chest hair?

I'm sure he made the trip down to San Antonio

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Spurs will take at least a 13 point lead early and then blow it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Matt Bonner is starting?

Okay.

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm
Dat pass

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

Matt Bonner is starting?

Okay.

Gotta shake things up if things aren't working for you

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

CharlestheHammer posted:

Matt Bonner is starting?

Okay.

Seems to be working?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bonner going to shut down Ibaka on both ends.

Book it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Go Thunder! Boo Spurs!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TK-42-1 posted:

Seems to be working?

Eh, not really.

Unless you count goading Ibaka into taking shots he probably shouldn't as working.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
Spurs at the foul line? What is this blasphemy?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh, not really.

Unless you count goading Ibaka into taking shots he probably shouldn't as working.

Ahh, the Peja-style defense.

Some Jerk
May 6, 2010
Leaving Durant to rotate to Reggie Jackson: a bad decision

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bonner is slow. And not very mobile for a slow guy, if that makes sense.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
This game is already ugly.

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Westbrook christ you machine

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Time for the B team.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
He's so fast

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Its kind of heartwarming to see that Ginobilis bat AIDS has reduced him to a shell of his former self

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I don't understand why the Spurs don't just hold the ball like a football until they see where Westbrook is.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Spurs anti-athleticism is killing them.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Dang Ibaka is so good on defense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Save them Diaw.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
That's a foul

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoa. Kawhi.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why can no one say Serge right.

Its not "Surge"

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Reggie Jackson looks like the somali pirate captain from Captain Phillips

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You can't stop Reggie Jackson.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Spurs defense is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Welp looks like Thabo's time as a starter is over. All hail the Reggie Jackson era.

EDIT: Poster.

• Locked thread