Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

One remaining Ustream card, the finals on 6/8

https://www.ustream.tv/njpwjp - save roughly 5 bucks on the finals by buying on the Japanese page

code:
Block A:
1. KUSHIDA [8]
- BUSHI [8]
- Ricochet [8]
4. Jushin Thunder Liger [6]
- TAKA Michinoku [6]
- Matt Jackson [6]
- Mascara Dorada [6]
8. Alex Koslov [0]

Block B:
1. Kenny Omega [8]
2. Tiger Mask [6]
- Ryusuke Taguchi [6]
- El Desperado [6]
- Taichi [6]
- Rocky Romero [6]
- Alex Shelley [6]
8. Nick Jackson [4]
The BOSJ is basically the G1 for juniors. It's a multi-day, round-robin tournament with the top two wrestlers in each block advancing to the semi-finals on June 8th. NJPW may not put as much emphasis on the juniors as they did in the '90s, but they still have some great wrestlers and and they brought in three really good outsiders in Mascara Dorada, Ricochet, and Kenny Omega. Winner gets a IWGP jr. championship match vs. Ibsuhi at the 6/21 Dominion show. There seems to be no obvious winner unlike last year's so it has the potential to be more suspenseful.

quote:

Results Day 1

NJPW, 5/30/14 (WPW)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,680 Fans – No Vacancy

5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] beat Mascara Dorada [0] (5:31) with the Michinoku Driver II.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [2] beat Rocky Romero [0] (8:45) with a Tiger suplex hold.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [2] beat El Desperado [0] (5:33) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (8:51) with the BUSHI Roll.
1. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado (18:17) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [2] beat Alex Koslov [0] (14:29) by referee stop.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] ().
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [2] beat Matt Jackson [0] () with a Kimura lock.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [0] () with the Croyt’s Wrath.

Day 2
NJPW, 5/31/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kira Messe Numazu

1,500 Fans – Super No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [4] beat Tiger Mask [2] (6:36) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [4] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [2] (8:51) with the Benadryller.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [2] beat KUSHIDA [2] (7:57) with a cradle.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [2] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (6:52) with a modified swinging Stunner.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan () when Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [2] beat Nick Jackson [0] (9:01) with the Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [2] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [2] (11:36) with a cradle.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [2] beat Alex Shelley [2] (9:57) with the Guitarra de Angel.
9. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (15:56) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on YOSHI-HASHI

Day 3
NJPW, 6/1/14
Akashi Municipal Industrial Exchange Center
1,260 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [4] beat BUSHI [4] (7:55) with the Michinoku Driver II.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [4] beat El Desperado [2] (8:33) with a Tiger suplex hold.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Taichi [6] beat Nick Jackson [0] (6:17) with a Taichi-style Gedo clutch.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [4] beat Jushin Thunder Liger [0] (7:06) with a front cradle.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan (11:44) when Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [4] beat Rocky Romero [2] (11:42) with the Dodon.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [4] beat Alex Shelley [2] (11:30) with the Croyt’s Wrath.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [4] beat Ricochet [4] (12:10) with the Hoverboard Lock.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (14:44) when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga

Day 4
NJPW, 6/3/14 (Samurai! TV/iPPV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,636 Fans

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada [6] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [4] beat Taichi [6] (7:14) with a Kurayami piledriver.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [2] beat Tiger Mask [4] (8:07) with a superkick.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] beat Matt Jackson [4] (5:25) with the Michinoku Driver II.
4. Special 10 Man Tag Match: Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan (14:06) when Takahashi used the Miami Shine on Captain.NJPW, 6/4/14
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [6] beat KUSHIDA [4] (9:58) with the MX
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [4] beat Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [4] (14:12) with the Guitarra de Angel.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [2] beat Ricochet [4] (10:39) with an air scissors drop.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [4] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [4] (14:09) with the Automatic Midnight.

Day 5
NJPW, 6/4/14
Kasukabe Fureai Cube
850 Fans – No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [4] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Matt Jackson [6] beat BUSHI [6] (8:51) with the Degree of Difficulty.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [6] beat Tiger Mask [4] (10:50) with the Croyt’s Wrath.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Nick Jackson [4] beat El Desperado [4] (9:07) with a Firebird splash.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [6] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (8:59) with the Benadryller.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (12:02) when Anderson pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [6] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] (10:29) with the Hoverboard Lock.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero [6] beat Alex Shelley [4] (11:03) with the Kurayami Nouten.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [6] beat Taichi [6] (9:32) by pinfall.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga () when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

Day 6
NJPW, 6/5/14
Chino Cultural Complex Multi-Hall
1,100 Fans – No Vacancy

- Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA [8] beat Alex Koslov [0] by forfeit.
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: BUSHI [8] beat Mascara Dorada [6] (5:32) with the MX.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley [6] beat Taichi [6] (4:28) with the Automatic Midnight.
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado [6] beat Rocky Romero [6] (9:30) with the Guitarra de Angel.
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team [8] beat Nick Jackson [4] (9:09) with a Firebird splash.
5. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma (0:48) when Gallows pinned Honma after the Magic Killer.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger [6] beat TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo [6] (10:54) with a shotei.
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask [6] beat Ryusuke Taguchi [6] (11:29) with a Tiger suplex hold.
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet [8] beat Matt Jackson [6] (11:09) with the Benadryller.
9. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (14:45) when Nakamura used the Boma Ye on Tonga.

quote:

Fixtures for remainder of tournament
NJPW, 6/6/14 (Samurai! TV)
Kyoto KBS Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega Dramatic Dream Team vs. Taichi
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. El Desperado
4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Alex Shelley
5. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Alex Koslov vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo
6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Mascara Dorada vs. Matt Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: BUSHI vs. Ricochet
8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. KUSHIDA

NJPW, 6/8/14 (WPW)
Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final:
2. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final:
3. Best of the Super Jr. - Final:

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Am I correct in assuming the ones that don't say Samurai TV won't be televised at all, anywhere?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Am I correct in assuming the ones that don't say Samurai TV won't be televised at all, anywhere?

I'm not an expert on their domestic television but I believe everything's filmed. All their shows last year were at the very least and eventually made the rounds. Less non Ustream stuff makes it through anymore but the recent Taiwan shows went up via the usual sources pretty quick.

I certainly hope they do, I want to see all the matches with KUSHIDA, Ricochet, and Dorada facing each other and sadly none of them are at the two Korakuen Hall shows.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 29, 2014

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The 5:30am shows are so much easier than the 2am shows. If I go to bed a little early I can probably wake up in time to see most of this before work tomorrow.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

sportsgenius86 posted:

Some of them get broadcast on nicovideo, I subbed to that to watch those BOSJ dates last year and it wasn't worth the time even though it was such a cheap subscription. The shows on there are really just televised house shows, no commentary (not that you understand it but it holds your attention better), one camera angle, and they don't work as hard in the ring.

Whatever SamuraiTV shows that aren't on USTREAM may pop up on dailymotion or YouTube after a while but it looks like there's only one on there that isn't iPPV.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Taguchi is going to win, isn't he? :smith:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I don't see any of the old guys or tag team guys winning it, and Ibushi already beat Taguchi & Desperado recently. I think the most interesting choices would be Omega/Ricochet/Dorada. They haven't been afraid to repeat PPV matches this year so Taguchi wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ChampRamp posted:

Taguchi is going to win, isn't he? :smith:

He's main eventing both Korakuen shows so it can't be ruled out, but he just had a shot at Dontaku and isn't that over for a guy that had a recent big return where he beat Devitt. Can't see them doing that again so quick when there's so many other possibilities. I could see one of the outsiders winning it or maybe even Matt Jackson since the Bullet Club are targeting all the belts.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I really want one of the Time Splitters to win, they have to elevate someone and both KUSHIDA or Shelley would make good matchups for Ibushi.

But it's probably gonna be Taguchi.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm assuming Taguchi wins and I don't see anyone other than KUSHIDA or Ricochet coming out of Block A.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
I hope Richochet wins, watching DG stuff for the first time has made me a big fan of his.

But.

It's gonna be Taguchi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm terrible at time-zones, is Day 1 on in just over an hour from now?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Yup.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving awesome :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
5:30 AM is a completely made up time.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i hope ricochet wins cause i like him the most

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's started and there are girls giggling behind Tanahashi on commentary :3:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Shows on!

Tana and Naito are on the commentary desk and I thibk this is the first current NJPW card I've seen without Tanahashi booked.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Tanahashi is on commentary and I'm so happy.

edit: despite probably being able to understand any of it

quote:

i hope ricochet wins cause i like him the most

same

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How the gently caress does Taka still look the same after all these years? :psyduck:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 30, 2014

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Good match, Taka still owns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay match, wasn't sure if they wanted it to be comedy or something more brutal, and it ended pretty abruptly. That vault over the top rope by Dorada was pretty amazing though.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Why is Rocky Romero wearing a Red Tiger Mask? :stare:

edit: oh its black tiger and im tired/dumb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tiger Mask left that excited fan in the tiger-mask hanging on a high-five :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm annoyed that Romero's awesome theme has been dubbed over lately for some reason, but bringing the Black Tiger mask out of mothballs is a cool touch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Really? A kickout on a superplex into a crossbody pin? Followed by a pretty lame successful follow-up pin?

Romero was effective as a heel at least.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Really? A kickout on a superplex into a crossbody pin? Followed by a pretty lame follow-up pin?

TMIV should've been DQ'ed anyway :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He high fived the fan in the replica mask on the way out after leaving him hanging on the entrance :shobon:

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo
Wow. El Desperado's theme is pretty cool.

This entire thing feels so odd without Kota.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ref didn't see it he can only assume El Desperado just got tired and fell over!

Edit: Taichi's a big jerk! :haw:

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

The state of Deserado's mask.

God drat it Taichi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I loved that match. It was a total mess but Taichi was such an unrepentant rear end in a top hat heel it made it work.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

Man, it's really upsetting that more people don't watch NJPW especially when Best of Super Juniors is happening right now. drat it glorious nippon. You and your unfriendly air times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I rolled my eyes when that neckbeard looking dude caught the doll, but then he immediately handed it to the young kid with him and I realized he's probably a cool uncle that took his nephews to see some pro-wrestling :allears:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
BUSHI is getting a push!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well Liger/BUSHI was the best match so far, pretty fun stuff. Liger seemed pretty heelish to me, or is that the way his matches usually go?

Edit: Welp they just shook hands so I guess he was just being aggressive trying to get a quick and relatively easy victory in the first round.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

And Liger losses again.

ALL I WANT IS LIGER TO WIN LIKE ONCE. COME ON NJPW.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not a fan of the new Bullet Club theme that I thought was just a ROH thing when I was in NYC.

Jerusalem posted:

Well Liger/BUSHI was the best match so far, pretty fun stuff. Liger seemed pretty heelish to me, or is that the way his matches usually go?

Edit: Welp they just shook hands so I guess he was just being aggressive trying to get a quick and relatively easy victory in the first round.

Yeah, just the way alignments work in NJPW. Hooligans have usually been pretty face lately but Romero was obviously heeling it up tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yujiro is so hated, it's awesome :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ishii is the loving best, goddamn.

• Locked thread