Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Give one to me and one to Arus in recognition of our goonherding every Saturday :911:

I agree, we are the best heroes of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I've been urged to defend my e-honor, by the way, Alteisen :colbert:

LITERALLY A BIRD, on patch day posted:

Finally, thieves can look post-apocalyptic kawaii :allears:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Give one to me and one to Arus in recognition of our goonherding every Saturday :911:
You've feathered your nest with enough legendaries already :colbert:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

You've feathered your nest with enough legendaries already :colbert:

She owes me a Flameseeker for a wedding gift too, but keeps blowing her cash on hair dye.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Man don't be retarded, just sell them or something, get yourself something pretty with the profits.

Seriously, just do this. (even though it would be funny)

As fun as it is to tweak the forum users, having the gold will relieve you of some of the tedium in the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've been urged to defend my e-honor, by the way, Alteisen :colbert:

I'd 1v1 on you in PvP to settle this.

But you'd probably, definitely, 100% certain would kick 70 shades of poo poo out of me. :ohdear:

And I know, I'm just messing, to be fair I hadn't seen your outfit when I came up with mine, guess great minds think alike!

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goon magical girls assemble!

Sailor Jupiter! Sailor Mars! Sailor Arus!!

As you can see, I was the first pretty leather armor princess. Timeline goes left to right.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

WYA posted:

That sounds really funny, I might do it

How mad would it make people?

Really mad. I highly recommend you do it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Why would you sell them when you could delete them on video and post a reddit thread.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
There isn't a single good reason why you should sell them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Would that actually make people angry though? You'd probably make more people angry by showing them the gold you got from selling them.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

WYA posted:

That sounds really funny, I might do it

How mad would it make people?

Not nearly as funny as throwing them away when they've been made into legendaries. Either way make sure you show off that they aren't soulbound just to prove you could sell or use them but you're choosing not to.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

CODChimera posted:

Would that actually make people angry though? You'd probably make more people angry by showing them the gold you got from selling them.

Do you think it would make them even more angry when I reveal that I bought the precursors with gold I scammed off reddit right after release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VHImqIMYQ

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

WYA posted:

Do you think it would make them even more angry when I reveal that I bought the precursors with gold I scammed off reddit right after release?

You rascal

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Throwing away a poo poo ton of gold just make 5 redditors angry for 3 minutes does not sound like a worthwhile investment.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Vargs posted:

Throwing away a poo poo ton of gold just make 5 redditors angry for 3 minutes does not sound like a worthwhile investment.

Notice that the exotics never left :ssh:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

WYA posted:

Eh, I'd still rather just have the gold.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

WYA posted:

I support your cause and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

GW2 Facebook status posted:

A UK film production company are making a one off documentary for Sky TV. They are looking for positive stories that celebrate virtual relationships and would love to hear from you.

They are looking for a real range of people, at different stages in their relationships:
• Couples who have a relationship in-game but have not yet met in real life
• Those that are moving in together, having been in an in-game relationship
• You met in game, then in RL, now you are about to get married
• Maybe you are someone who only dates in the virtual word and can’t face dating or meeting in the real world
• Have you found love online, has your life changed as a result of playing

If you'd like to find out more and you are interested in sharing your story, e mail zoe.dobson@back2back.tv
All e-mails will be treated in confidence.

Which is the more sickening portmanteau, Gosarus or Arusawk?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Awk. Just Awk.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Illuyankas posted:

Birdbutter.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Whenever I see those weapons it makes me sad that I didn't have time to get this WvW meta.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Illuyankas posted:

I don't know if the world is ready to handle arus's face.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

BombermanX posted:

I don't know if the world is ready to handle arus's face.

There isn't a wide angle lens built that can fit all of Arus' face in, so I think we're safe.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dugong posted:

Whenever I see those weapons it makes me sad that I didn't have time to get this WvW meta.

I spent all day today finishing the meta and now I have it :suicide:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Forgall posted:

Birdbutter.

Butterball?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Dugong posted:

Was there supposed to be some sort of skin with the meta? All I ended up getting was dragonite and champ bags and such.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Roflex posted:

Was there supposed to be some sort of skin with the meta? All I ended up getting was dragonite and champ bags and such.

When the season wraps up you'll get token things which will be exchanged for weapons. I think?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
What are metas?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Dick Trauma posted:

What are metas?

Meta achievements. Categories of achievements that count their progress from their associated achievements. Like Living Story stuff.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Purple and black, apparently the official colors of Goon Squab

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Goon Squawk, finest refugee camp of the Great Asura Purge of Forever.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
What's the quickest way to get festival tokens?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adventures in the DR Fish Tank, starring Big Arus.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

quite the fucker posted:

What's the quickest way to get festival tokens?

Semi-afk gold farm queen's pavillion.

In LFG there's usually a group or two willing to port you to their instance for tips. Then just spend 5s autoattacking one of the bosses every event and get credit. 80 tickets plus gauntlet tickets plus 10 champ bags plus chance at a favor.

If you can use a longbow it's even easier because you can tag some of the bosses from the upper level without ever entering combat or having to move.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
This game desperately needs a mobile tp app and the ability to spend money out of the pickup window.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Illuyankas posted:

Arus should send them the SFD video of him and Swiss getting married. Then explain how they've gotten divorced and now Arus has married Goshawk.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

John Lightning posted:

Arus should send them the SFD video of him and Swiss getting married. Then explain how they've gotten divorced and now Arus has married Goshawk.

This idea or something just as ridiculous almost seems mandatory given the opportunity here.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Adventures in the DR Fish Tank, starring Big Arus.

how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So having not played since launch, I don't really know what's going on with the whole "living world" stuff. I remember hearing people talk about pirates and I received a promo e-mail about someone named Scarlet. I'll probably start playing again sometime in the near future. Is this stuff still around to experience or is it all gone now?

Am I going to look around at level cap and have no loving clue what is going on? I know there's no proper questing or anything but there was generally always the main storyline quest. Does that lead you through all this stuff?

Basically: How do I know what I'm supposed to do at level cap?

• Locked thread