Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So catte has been kinda slowing down for a few years. We were chalking it up to him being 14, but he started puking yesterday. The last time he puked he yowled at the same time. :ohdear:

He's also been banned from 2 of 3 vets (the 3rd will only see him for emergencies now), and I still can't him into the carrier. I'm going to ask the vet about possibly sedating him with dipheynhydramine before taking him in; fewer side effects than most prescription stuff, and generally don't require blood work first. Dosage seems to be 0.5mg to 1mg per 1lb, and he's about 12 lbs - so 1/4 of a normal generic benadryl should calm him down.

Krakkles posted:

Yeah, the other detail I remember someone posting was that the engine is actually a FWD F series, not the F series out of the S2000, so it wouldn't work anyway.

:ssh: It's a B series, likely B18A or B18B.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Someone needs to put a D16 in a Vette, or hell, even an F-body of some flavor (it would probably be an improvement in an Iron Duke Camaro :mmmhmm:)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

:ssh: It's a B series, likely B18A or B18B.

The story I remember is that the Vette was on a lift with the drivetrain out, and they wheeled that Honda motor under it on an engine stand and lowered the lift for the photo.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Gotta love having a friend with a family house in Cape Cod. Heading there after work tonight. If I'm not drunk and playing Pirates' Cove mini golf back 18 by noon tomorrow I'm doing it wrong.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So my first visit with this doctor, my blood pressure was over 160/110.

Next visit, 150/105

I've been keeping track at home too, and it's always a bit lower at home (probably thanks to less stress - I have rather severe white coat syndrome - I have a decent Omron machine at home too). But he bumped up the meds last time I was there.

He told me my goal was 140/90 or below, resting. Took it an hour ago, got 138/90. Just took it again...

132/83.

It's not ideal, but it's a fuckload better than the "you're a walking heart attack" blood pressure of a few months ago.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

He's also been banned from 2 of 3 vets (the 3rd will only see him for emergencies now), and I still can't him into the carrier.

What did your cat do to get banned from a vet's office?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

goatse guy posted:

What did your cat do to get banned from a vet's office?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty much that, except replace bedroom door with vet and vet tech.

So I just got back from the doctor. Guess who gets a free glucose monitor (damnit, Obama) and a bag full of lifetime medications? :smithicide:

Certainly explains a whole lot though.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

So I just got back from the doctor. Guess who gets a free glucose monitor (damnit, Obama) and a bag full of lifetime medications? :smithicide:

Certainly explains a whole lot though.

Man. I am spoiled by my health. I cannot imagine how much it sucks to take meds for the rest of your life.

Better than fuckoff high blood pressure, though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my blood pressure puts me into "you're a walking stroke waiting to happen" category. I've been on BP meds for a few months now; it's come down quite a bit, but it's still up there.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I hope your and your cat's health improves STR.

Glad your bp is down though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ran into two old friends last night. Two people who've always had a thing for each other as long as I've known them (13 years) but were never single at the same time. I was chatting with them and looked down and they were holding hands. Seeing that was the most wonderful feeling, it was like some sort of cosmic alignment and holy poo poo did it make my night. I'm still riding on a happy high just knowing that they're finally together.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Glad your bp is down though.

About 6am (yeah yeah the clock on it is way off). My pulse is still trying to drop the bass, but that's a lot better than it was.

It was quite a bit higher at the doc's (148/91), but that's the lowest he's personally seen it. He was at least able to explain the pulse though - said I'm likely severely dehydrated thanks to the Paula Deen disease.

I drink tons of water, but constantly feel dehydrated; certainly explains a lot.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 30, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I've been taking BP medication for about a year now and it brought down my numbers from HOLY poo poo to Normal. High BP runs in the family on my dad's side although my lovely diet doesn't help either.

I've been crimping RJ45's onto 25' CAT5E patch chords since 7AM. I'm surprised my fingers aren't bleeding yet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Driving through Mississippi on the interstate is worse than the Philippines.

Seriously, what the gently caress? What a bombed out shithole.

900 miles in, still getting 23-24mpg hauling this trailer. 2.0 Ecoboost = amazing.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
My BP went from like 140/110 to 130/80 when I quit smoking. Sucks that you got the beetus STR :smith:

piss boner
May 17, 2003

I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend and I couldn't be any more excited about it. I might clean out the garage but that is it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

piss boner posted:

I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend and I couldn't be any more excited about it. I might clean out the garage but that is it.
I actually have a project that I can manage myself this weekend. Checking and possibly changing the spark plugs. Last week it was exhaust stuff and I was clearly out of my element.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rhyno posted:

Ran into two old friends last night. Two people who've always had a thing for each other as long as I've known them (13 years) but were never single at the same time. I was chatting with them and looked down and they were holding hands. Seeing that was the most wonderful feeling, it was like some sort of cosmic alignment and holy poo poo did it make my night. I'm still riding on a happy high just knowing that they're finally together.

D'aww.

I had a similar situation, my best friend from 4th grade, and my sister's best friend from 6th grade got together a few years ago. Once we were all out of high school, around 1990, My friends and my sister's friends all sort of ran in the same circles and became good friends. Because of this, in 2008 these two ended up at the same wedding without dates, and hooked up there. Since they'd been friends for 25 years they decided to just elope in Winnemucca NV at the cheesiest liquor/flower store wedding chapel. Out of our whole group I'm the only one that is close to both of them, so I was the only guest (they needed a witness) and I played best man and maid of honor. It was really fun and they're still together happily, coming up on 6 years of marriage this November.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Mogwai and Girl Talk

e: and Taking Back Sunday and Brand New because I am a big whiny baby

rscott fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 30, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oaCPCqN3Y

Over and over.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Cake is the best driving music. Any season.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I'm probably buying another car tomorrow... Another B5. Why must I do this to myself?!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Open All Night by Bruce Springsteen on repeat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

What the hell kind of vets do you have in the US? My old man encountered his fair share of evil-minded animals, but if the owners weren't twonks and paid their bill (this is in a Yorkshire mining town, so actually a fairly open question), they got seen to. Occasionally with a bit of encouragement as to who was in charge, but treated nonetheless.

Useless owners are the biggest hazard to vets. "Yeah, don't worry about Tinkles, he's well behaved and I've got hold of his lead" *Looks dotingly at 150lb mastiff/Cerberus crossbreed with a facial expression of ill intent and possible history of PCP use, currently loosely attached to a bit of string*

Also, slight downside of the image of veterinary work veering toward cute and fluffy animals over the past twenty years is that you can end up with a staff almost entirely consisting of young women. Ever seen a 98lb girl barely out of college try to lift an unconcious 200lb St Bernard off an operating table? Doesn't work.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

mariooncrack posted:

Motörhead and AC/DC :rock:

E: And also The Budos Band, 'cause they're fuckin' awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csXHfw75SPk

E2: Oh yeah, and The Sound Stylistics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEVm_DRiCE

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 30, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God dammit mother we have a perfectly functional dryer don't hang your clothes outside to dry in the humid Florida air where it rains almost daily and then come bitch at me when they get rained on.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

mariooncrack posted:

I roll the windows down and listen to rushing air and exhaust.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
KMFDM/MDFMK/Excessive Force, Static-X, James Keyes (Devil Take the Hindmost has some excellent driving songs on it), Sub Dub Micromachine, Gamma Ray, Korn, Celldweller, Judas Priest, DMB (sue me, I grew up in the 90s), Pretty Maids, Device/Disturbed, Jag Panzer, Blue Stahli, Die Krupps, etc etc (just add a ton of euro power metal and industrial to the list) are my usual driving music.

Unless my drat CD player is broken, in which case, I listen to my tires and whatever's on the radio. Need to get off my rear end and order the FM inline modulator I have been meaning to buy for like two months.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

mariooncrack posted:

Flowmasterrrr.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

mariooncrack posted:

I like rock music, so anything from Mogwai to Weezer to Steel Panther to Dark Tranquillity.

Usually stick to post-rock, but music that's fun to drive to definitely includes Steel Panther. (Also their live show is fuckin' nuts.)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

mariooncrack posted:

Since I bought a Miata, it doesn't even matter anymore. I have a couple thousand songs on my USB drive but it's just background music to the rushing wind. Zoom zoom!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cage posted:

Cake is the best driving music. Any season.

Cake and Weezer.

Although I tend to listen to oldschool country more, because it just feels right rocking out to Waylon Jennings while tearing rear end around backroads in an XJ.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

mariooncrack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNN_0e9qwV4

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tbqh all I listen to in the summer is a V8 with long tube headers and a huge cam. Music by Chevrolet.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

That is a pretty good chase sequence.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I had a message from a friend of mine today:

:v: "Had to go in to work slightly early today, to ensure I got a spot in the internal car park. Gypsies have taken over the external car park."

Then an hour later:

:v: "Police have been contacted, but not sure if there will be much done any time soon. Nothing we can do but watch them squatting"

:confused: "Hang on, isn't it technically just trespassing if it's only land, not a building?"

:v: "No, literally squatting. Just seen one take a poo poo in the car park."

:gonk:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

mariooncrack posted:

Propagandhi, A Wilhelm Scream, Streetlight Manifesto, Brand New.

I can't believe I quit my job. Jesus Christ. I loved this job, but there's just nothing else going for me in Grand Forks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

CountOfNowhere posted:

I'm probably buying another car tomorrow... Another B5. Why must I do this to myself?!

Good question. Why would you?

• Locked thread