Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Froist posted:

So I was just playing through Picross e4 and got a strange feeling of deja vu - turns out they're recycling puzzles from earlier versions.

Exhibit A, e2 puzzle X15:

Exhibit B, e4 puzzle SO08:

Maybe it's just in these "Special Puzzles" that are opened up if it detects save data from the previous games, but what's the point if it's just the same puzzle again?

Those open if you've already bought e1 ~ 3.
It is kinda extraneous.

Also, I downloaded the FF Pictologica (for iOS and Android) developed by Jupiter.
It's this weird mix of RPG and Picross.
There are no field maps, just "quests" which consist of several battles.
To attack, you have to solve a 5x5 puzzle (random designs; no actual pictures). Screw up, and a party member can't attack that turn.
The faster you solve these puzzles, you earn points for special attacks.
Spells take several turns to charge.
The attacks are automatic, though you can choose the target.
There are four attack mode choices: Offense, Intelligent, Healing, Defense, each with different stat boosts and dumps.

Other than the weird battle system, you earn EXP and Rank Points.
To go on missions, you need to use Stamina Points that recover over time.
You earn items like extra jobs and crystals (used for what I don't know yet).
There's also alchemy, so I guess that's what items are for in part.
Jobs can be changed.
Each job icon lets you solve a 10x10 puzzle daily. These puzzles are of random designs, too.

It's free to play, but you can buy items for cash. (Haven't gotten to that level yet.)
You can also use items for getting Moglins to find you items.

It's a weird hybrid that doesn't always work.
It's compelling to play as a character-leveling exercise, I guess.

The music's the classic Uematsu stuff from the NES ~ SNES era, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Those open if you've already bought e1 ~ 3.
It is kinda extraneous.

Also, I downloaded the FF Pictologica (for iOS and Android) developed by Jupiter.
It's this weird mix of RPG and Picross.
There are no field maps, just "quests" which consist of several battles.
To attack, you have to solve a 5x5 puzzle (random designs; no actual pictures). Screw up, and a party member can't attack that turn.
The faster you solve these puzzles, you earn points for special attacks.
Spells take several turns to charge.
The attacks are automatic, though you can choose the target.
There are four attack mode choices: Offense, Intelligent, Healing, Defense, each with different stat boosts and dumps.

Other than the weird battle system, you earn EXP and Rank Points.
To go on missions, you need to use Stamina Points that recover over time.
You earn items like extra jobs and crystals (used for what I don't know yet).
There's also alchemy, so I guess that's what items are for in part.
Jobs can be changed.
Each job icon lets you solve a 10x10 puzzle daily. These puzzles are of random designs, too.

It's free to play, but you can buy items for cash. (Haven't gotten to that level yet.)
You can also use items for getting Moglins to find you items.

It's a weird hybrid that doesn't always work.
It's compelling to play as a character-leveling exercise, I guess.

The music's the classic Uematsu stuff from the NES ~ SNES era, so there's that.

There seems to be music from other eras too, I watched a video that had Blinded By Light from FFXIII.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

ImpAtom posted:

There seems to be music from other eras too, I watched a video that had Blinded By Light from FFXIII.

Yeah, sorry, I should've qualified.
The music I'd heard so far. I'm level 5, rank 5, so presumably there's lots to go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hiku Osu World aka Pushmo/Fallblox for Wii U! Out June 19 in Japan, 1000yen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuU8-hTDBdg

They're also selling Mallo keychains and plushies:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wkej/goods/index.html

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hiku Osu World aka Pushmo/Fallblox for Wii U! Out June 19 in Japan, 1000yen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuU8-hTDBdg

They're also selling Mallo keychains and plushies:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wkej/goods/index.html

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why does it say real when it's clearly imaginary?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Unlucky7 posted:

So I hear the GB MMV is one of the better MM games, and not just one of the best GB MM games. Would you guys say it is worth getting?

It's honestly one of my favorite Mega Man games period. It's got all unique bosses and is the only game to feature Tango the buzzsaw cat, and Mega Man's Mega Buster is changed to a Mega Fist, where your charged shots fire your fist at enemies. The fist can also damage enemies as it returns to Mega Man and can be upgraded with items to give it a cling effect, where if you tap the button at the right time when it connects with enemies it can cling and damage over and over. It can also get an upgrade that grabs items for you.

It has some of my favorite music tracks from a Mega Man game as well.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Hakkesshu posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of not playing Arkham Origins :v:
I just recently beat Origins on PC and it was much better than I expected. v:v:v And I say that as someone who was not interested at all when they announced it, despite loving the poo poo out of AA and AC. It is let down by the bugs though. Makes it feel unpolished compared to the previous games.

The (upgrade spoiler?)SHOCK GLOVES were so satisfying to use. :black101:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nice dick move dude, no one is going to be able to use this. To clarify its also a little more then 6.2 trillion Zimbabwean Dollars.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Isn't that about forty hours in the bitcoin mines? :ohdear:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/wkej/index.html

According to the website, the game has 250 all-new puzzles with new mechanics; you can see clips of the four new block types here, but the videos are kinda borked and don't play properly.

You'll be able to share levels from in-game via Miiverse and QR Codes, and IntSys will be distributing their own custom levels, too. QR Codes from the 3DS game will be compatible with the Wii U game, and it looks like custom puzzles that don't use the new block types will be backwards-compatible with the 3DS game.

The game also features unlockable Miiverse stamps a la Mario 3D World, NES Remix, etc.

EDIT: they're also selling Pushmo/Crashmo for 30% off from June 4-10.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 28, 2014

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
How much is that in Dogecoins

Looks like a faaaiiirly straight port of Pushmo- odd as it seems like a game designed to really take advantage of the 3D effect of the 3DS. Didn't really expect this.

Spoke too soon- so they've added some content and new block types. Well the Wii U isn't busy with anything else so I'll pick this up if it happens to come stateside :)

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

You can tell this is fake because the Brazilian unit of currency is butts. Really ample butts.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wonder how long it will be until we see a Rolling Western game on the Wii U, what with Dillon being important enough to Nintendo to include in Smash 4 in some form.

I'd imagine the two sticks on the gamepad would go a LONG way to fixing the Left Handed issue the first one had and the second one to a lesser degree had.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Davincie posted:

Nice dick move dude, no one is going to be able to use this. To clarify its also a little more then 6.2 trillion Zimbabwean Dollars.

:thejoke:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

NOE have announced that the Chibi-Robo photo taking game will be released on 3DS, along with the WiiU Pullblox.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/229216-noe-pr-pullblox-world-and-chibi-robo-let-s-go-photo-are-coming-this-summer

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^edit: dude beat me

NOE just put out some PR on the new Pushmo/Pullblox game and the Chibi Robo 3DS game, here's the gist:

-Pullblox World will be out on June 19 for €9.99 / £8.99
-If you have either Pullblox or Fallblox registered to your NNID (ie you've bought them) you'll be able to get Pullblox World for 30% off for a limited time (June 19-July 31)
-Pullblox/Fallblox will be €4.99 / £4.49 each from May 29-June 12

-Chibi-Robo! Let's Go! Photo! will be out on July 3; no price listed, but I'm guessing it'll be around 10EUR

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
...and the NOA PR just went out. Pushmo World, out June 19, $9.99.

Pushmo/Crashmo are on sale for $4.69 / $5.99 respectively, from May 28-June 13 (so I guess they're already discounted?). No word on the NNID cross-buy discount for NA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, you're getting Klonoa GBA on the Wii U VC tomorrow. $6.99.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That's a strange way of spelling Minish Cap

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That's a strange way of spelling Minish Cap

I knew when they announced Minish Cap for EU we wouldn't get it the same week. But hey, first 3rd party GBA game for the US.

EU got Klonoa last week right?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Don't know if this is NA only but Club Nintendo is running a promotion: Register Mario Kart 8 before 7/31/14 and get one of the following games FREE:

-New Super Mario Bros. U
-Windwaker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wii Party U

Details: http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

Might actually get me to purchase a WiiU, that's a pretty loving good deal.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Don't know if this is NA only but Club Nintendo is running a promotion: Register Mario Kart 8 before 7/31/14 and get one of the following games FREE:

-New Super Mario Bros. U
-Windwaker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wii Party U

Details: http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

Might actually get me to purchase a WiiU, that's a pretty loving good deal.

EU's getting the same deal but with like three times the games.

In addition to what we have for that they also have the choice of:

-The Wonderful 101
-Game & Wario
-Sonic Lost World
-Mario & Sonic at Sochi
-Nintendo Land
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 29):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Kart 8 - €59.99 / £49.99 (May 30)
WII U eSHOP
    Gravity Badgers - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Starts June 19, ends July 31.
    Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (Wii U) - €14.99 / £12.49 until June 5
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii U) - €12.49 / £9.99 until June 5
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.19 until June 8
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until June 8

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Me & My Furry Patients 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP
    Castle Clout 3D - €4.00 / £3.59
    Coaster Creator 3D - €7.25 / £6.00
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mario Golf (GBC) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs until June 16)
    Mario Golf World Tour DLC Season Pass - €11.99 / £10.79 until May 31
    Pullblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Fallblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until June 5
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until June 8
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until June 8
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €11.99 / £10.79 until June 8
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until June 19

NA update (week of May 29):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Kart 8 - $59.99 (May 30)
    LEGO The Hobbit - $39.99 (permanent price reduction, June 2)
WII U eSHOP
    Ittle Dew - $9.99
    Gravity Badgers - $4.99
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $19.90
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Block Drop U (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until June 6

3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man Xtreme 2 (Game Boy Color) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pushmo (3DS eShop) - $4.69 until June 13
    Crashmo (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until June 13
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $14.99 until June 2
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Soul Hackers (3DS) - $14.99 until June 2
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3DS) - $14.99 until June 2
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Brain Training Express: Arts and Letters (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Mario Kart 64 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 8
    Super Metroid (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 8

Reminder about the Mario Kart Club Nintendo promo, for those who still don't know: registering either the retail or digital version of Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo will let you claim a free download code from a list of retail games (the list differs by region). If you plan on buying MK8 from the eShop, be sure to link your Club Nintendo account before you make the purchase or you won't be able to register.

Pushmo/Pullblox and Crashmo/Fallblox are both on sale for a couple weeks, and the PAL region is getting an extra promo: if you have either Pullblox or Fallblox bought and linked to your Nintendo Network ID, you'll be able to get a 30% discount on Pullblox World for Wii U when it launches in a few weeks.

Mysterious Murasame Castle is a top-down action game that was originally released by Nintendo for the Famicom Disk System in 1986 alongside other big games like Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus. This is the first time it's been released outside of Japan, so check it out if you wanna play an obscure first-party game, it still holds up pretty well.

Ittle Dew is a 2D puzzle-adventure game that's not entirely unlike Zelda (or at least Zelda dungeons, I don't think it has an overworld). I remember it got a little buzz on PC, maybe it'll be fun.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why does it say real when it's clearly imaginary?

Actual answer: a few years ago Brazil was undergoing so much hyper inflation that their money might as well have been imaginary. Rather than try to fix the giant pile of money, they introduced a new currency to bridge the problem, the "unit of real value".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Random Stranger posted:

Actual answer: a few years ago Brazil was undergoing so much hyper inflation that their money might as well have been imaginary. Rather than try to fix the giant pile of money, they introduced a new currency to bridge the problem, the "unit of real value".

That's the joke. The Real was literally an imaginary currency.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

greatn posted:

That's the joke. The Real was literally an imaginary currency.

More or less imaginary than Bitcoin?

Healbot fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 29, 2014

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Attention: if you're a resident of Finland, Sweden, Norway or Denmark and therefore don't have Club Nintendo access but still want to get your free game for buying Mario Kart, Bergsala (Nintendo's official Nordic distributor) is doing a thing where they'll register your game for you and send you the download code. The catch is that it may take them a while to process the codes, but you should get your free game by the end of August. See your local Nintendo site for details.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Mario Kart 8 is live on the US eShop as of about 15 minutes ago. I would have said something sooner...but I wanted to get my transaction through before the goonrush.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two bits of NA-related news:

-Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS) will be on sale for $19.99 from June 1-15

-Nicalis has confirmed that 1001 Spikes will be out for Wii U and 3DS on June 3, same day as all the other platforms. The standard price is $14.99, if you own any of Nicalis' previous 3DS eShop releases (VVVVVV, Nightsky, Cave Story+, Ikachan, Grinsia) you'll be able to get the 3DS version for $10. (He's also confirmed that the launch version is gonna be buggy. Surprise surprise!)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Any good rpgs out after bravely? Finally got around to sending my 3ds in for repairs.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Any good rpgs out after bravely? Finally got around to sending my 3ds in for repairs.

Not really... Conception 2 (don't buy this), Denpa Men 3. Etrian Odyssey Untold in PAL-land.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What the heck is Conception anyway?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Heath posted:

What the heck is Conception anyway?

An RPG where you have sex with somebody and your children fight monsters or something.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

RMZXAnarchy posted:

An RPG where you have sex with somebody and your children fight monsters or something.

What?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So Fire Emblem? :v:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I think next on the list is Bravely Default 2: Bravely Second :v:

In all seriousness there are tons of RPGs across the DS era that I still haven't gotten around to, including all the DQ games, plus the Chrono Trigger remake if you've never done that. The new RPGesque Mario game, Dream Team, wasn't very good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I played the demo, it's some dumb datesim element where you talk to a girl, hold hands, and you magically get a dumb mascot character to add to your party. Several of them can combine to become a robot, but that doesn't stop the game from being a boring dungeon crawler on top of its concept.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
As far as upcoming RPGs go, there's the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes, Persona Q, one or two Harvest Moon games, random eShop stuff that may or may not come out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

So Fire Emblem? :v:

But see... in those games they're either time-travelers so they're around the same age as the rest of the cast (In the case of Awakening) or they outright replace the original cast (in the case of Genealogy of the Holy War).

And those are the only two games with marriage and children. You don't even have to get them if you don't want to in Awakening.