Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Shei-kun posted:

I can't wait to see the final Roll of the Dead tally for this game.

And by "this game" I mean Baldur's Gate I.

I was also wondering how they were going to tie in the beginning of BGII into this without having it just suddenly happen.

I kinda prefer the way bg1npc mod does the tie over, better written (slightly) but they disabled that for non-tutu games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tzarnal posted:

End of an Era

... and the beginning of a longer, crazier era!

Vorgen, you kick rear end.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Oh my... I can't wait. This has been incredible so far, and I've no doubt that BG2 will be even more insane. I wonder... will it be better or worse because I know some of what's coming and little of what was going to happen in BG1? I have no idea... But this ought to be a fun ride.

For the record... it's been two and a half years since the thread was posted. That's a hell of a trip.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Serifina posted:

Oh my... I can't wait. This has been incredible so far, and I've no doubt that BG2 will be even more insane. I wonder... will it be better or worse because I know some of what's coming and little of what was going to happen in BG1? I have no idea... But this ought to be a fun ride.

For the record... it's been two and a half years since the thread was posted. That's a hell of a trip.
The longest-running LP so far was Planescape:Torment, right? Over four years, according to LP Archive. Looks like this one might actually beat the record.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aumanor posted:

What was the longest-running LP so far? I think it was Planescape:Torment LP, and that took over 4 years. Looks like this one might actually beat the record.

It's debatable if you want to call it actually running, but Spirit Armor's anime strategy game/dating sim LP was started at least four years ago.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Cheers, Vorgen. Looking forward to more insanity.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Glorious.

Am I right in thinking that, whoever you actually take in your final BG1 party, you still wake up with the usual suspects in Chateau Irenicus?

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

You know I wish I could mod so that I could make some dialogues with Sarevok in Throne of Bhaal specifically dogging on him for getting killed by my exploding bunnies.

And while we are wishing I wish we had fan art in this thread. Specifically I wish I could draw Syvishtar and Shar-Teel during their halcyon days of strength and grace and the loving appreciation of said strength and grace (if little of pleasantness).

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 31, 2014

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming
A fitting end to (the first half of) a fantastic LP. Congrats, Vorgen, and I can't wait for BG2!

Also: Make sure party-member gibs aren't mod-restricted in Shadows of Amn. :getin:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I don't have access to my full Roll of the Dead notes right now, but I do believe there's an actual winner for the title of most frequently killed party member, clocking in at eight separate deaths.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

bladedsmoke posted:

A fitting end to (the first half of) a fantastic LP. Congrats, Vorgen, and I can't wait for BG2!

Also: Make sure party-member gibs aren't mod-restricted in Shadows of Amn. :getin:

roger that. "Make party members less likely to die irreversibly" unchecked. Easy mode disabled.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Can't wait until you start picking fights with dragons, then :getin:

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Also, "Sarevok Romance" checked. Unsettling mode enabled.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shugojin posted:

Can't wait until you start picking fights with dragons, then :getin:

Hasn't Syv already fought one? And cleaned its clock without much trouble?

quote:

How about the Imoen Romance? The one so hosed up that the coder for the revised version refused to work on it unless the reviser removed a lot of stuff?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I don't know if that was a Tactics Improved Dragon, though. They have a way of just gibbing your casters if you let them.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Cythereal posted:

How about the Imoen Romance? The one so hosed up that the coder for the revised version refused to work on it unless the reviser removed a lot of stuff?

Well you have to choose between the Imoen Romance mod and the Imoen Friendship mod, and I chose the latter.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Was the Imoen romance the one clearly written by a rape fetishist whose wife ended up exploding on the mod forums when she found out what he was into? If it was anyone but Imoen I'd strongly suggest keeping the worse mod in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kajeesus posted:

Was the Imoen romance the one clearly written by a rape fetishist whose wife ended up exploding on the mod forums when she found out what he was into? If it was anyone but Imoen I'd strongly suggest keeping the worse mod in.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. And seriously - I have read some people in the modding community praising the Imoen Romance for exploring themes of rape, incest, and torture.

People really do get off to this poo poo, and I can understand why Vorgen didn't install it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

By the way, those of you who voted for E? In my opinion, you missed the point of this LP. We are not here to watch a story reach its logical conclusion. There is no logic here. We are here to witness a person who has gone crazy from exposure to chaos and wild magic play a character who was insane to begin with. Story progression isn't what we are here for. We are here to watch an army of fluffy bunnies explode when provoked!

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Vorgen posted:

Imoen Friendship mod, and I chose the latter.
Huh, what does that do? I thought BG2 already was pretty much about the friendship/family relationship between CHARNAME and Imoen. Unless the mod is just to remove the romance mod and mod the game to be exactly like the vanilla game in that aspect because the romance is just so horrible that you have to make double-sure to remove all traces of it. :psyduck:

edit -

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

We are here to witness a person who has gone crazy from exposure to chaos and wild magic play a character who was insane to begin with.
Well I guess some of the crazy voices in Syv's head just happen to appreciate the value of narrative closure. :colbert:

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 31, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

If I were gonna guess it adds some things for Imoen to say after Spellhold and before Throne of Bhaal because she was originally supposed to die and that was changed pretty late in the dev cycle. And since it's a BG2 mod, she'll have about a million things to say.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I suppose it's one less person trying to get into Imoen's pants. There are three mods as it is.

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

By the way, those of you who voted for E? In my opinion, you missed the point of this LP. We are not here to watch a story reach its logical conclusion. There is no logic here. We are here to witness a person who has gone crazy from exposure to chaos and wild magic play a character who was insane to begin with. Story progression isn't what we are here for. We are here to watch an army of fluffy bunnies explode when provoked!

I like the organic narratives that LPs conjure up, that's why I read them. And I think Vorgen does the best job with that I've seen. I think both E and B were good endings which build on everything the LP's been about so far - E builds on the Golden Company and Syv's callousness, B builds on the themes of the Weave and Syv's power madness and exploitation of the rules of magic. I'm glad those two were the most-voted for, as they're honestly the two strongest conclusions.

Yes, I'm a huge nerd who takes this kind of poo poo too seriously, what of it

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Vorgen posted:

o_O

This is going to get quite... random, isn't it.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

bladedsmoke posted:

I like the organic narratives that LPs conjure up, that's why I read them. And I think Vorgen does the best job with that I've seen. I think both E and B were good endings which build on everything the LP's been about so far - E builds on the Golden Company and Syv's callousness, B builds on the themes of the Weave and Syv's power madness and exploitation of the rules of magic. I'm glad those two were the most-voted for, as they're honestly the two strongest conclusions.

Yes, I'm a huge nerd who takes this kind of poo poo too seriously, what of it

I agree.

I also agree with Vorgen's choice to not show off the Imoen romance. That mod is one rabbit hole too far.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

caleramaen posted:

I agree.

I also agree with Vorgen's choice to not show off the Imoen romance. That mod is one rabbit hole too far.

Its okay though, we still have plenty of weird romance stuff left. Like the flirtpack, and the romantic encounters ( read randomly have sex with npcs ) mods. Romantic encounter has something like 50 odd of them too, and becuase of Syv's somewhat fluid gender we'll probably end up qualifying for a lot of them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tzarnal posted:

Its okay though, we still have plenty of weird romance stuff left. Like the flirtpack, and the romantic encounters ( read randomly have sex with npcs ) mods. Romantic encounter has something like 50 odd of them too, and becuase of Syv's somewhat fluid gender we'll probably end up qualifying for a lot of them.

Isn't that the one where you can end up dumped into these things with, like, no say in whether or not it happens?

Or am I thinking of a different terrible mod for a different game?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
romantic encounters is loving hilarious and really messed up. the first one you come across almost looks like it was written by the imoen romance guy, almost. rest of them lure you in with promises of quests and loot but just leave you just feeling really awkward.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Vorgennnn
If you find a bug in the install with bolt08.itm then I'm really sorry, just delete it from the override and add the lines
code:
COPY_EXISTING bolt8.itm override
WRITE_LONG 0x60 3
to any old tp2.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Syvishtar, you dumb pointy-eared fuckstick. Wild magic is not the loving will of the Weave. It is Mystra's death scream, created when Helm killed Mystra during the Time of Troubles. All the work Midnight, Torm, and I put into healing the Weave... and you, bastard child of murder, seem intent on tearing it all apart again.

Says you. I like his style. He's got game.

Perhaps, but he should beware. This particular abyss not only stares back, it bites.

Embracing magic is one thing, but... I do not know if I like where this lost child of ours is going.

I do! Hear me, Syvishtar. Where there is chaos, I am. Where there is destruction, I flourish. Where order is cast down and the illusion of peace shattered for no greater purpose than because it is in one man's power to do so, one of the oldest and greatest gods of Faerun smiles. Go forth, Syvishtar, with the blessing of Talos the Destroyer!

If you're quite done bellowing, there is some bookkeeping to take care of now.

Final Roll of the Dead of BG1!

Ajantis
Deaths: 3
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)
Slain by Kobold Captain in Trade Way South

Alora
Deaths: 1
Slain by Oversight War Wizard in Oversight Headquarters

Black Bear
Slain by Section 1 Elite in Section 1 Headquarters

Bjornin
Deaths: 2
Slain by Elka in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Minsc in Candlekeep

Branwen
Deaths: 6
Slain by Ogre Berserker at Bear River
Slain by Bandit in Reddy Forest
Slain by Skeleton Warrior in Bone Hill
Slain by Syvishtara in Thief's Den
Slain by unknown in Durlag's Tower

Bruenor
Slain by Jarlaxle in Dragon Caves

Bub Snikt
Slain by Baby Wyvern in Cloakwood Forest

Catti-Brie
Slain by Tanari in Dragon Caves

Conchobhair Strongblade
Slain by Skeleton Lord in Castle Daerthmac

Coran
Slain by Ogre Berserker at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Brown Bear in Gullykin

CuChoinneach
Slain by Skeleton Warrior in Castle Daerthmac
Permanently dead. Soul stolen by baatezu during raid on Fugue Plane for use as currency in the Nine Hells.

Drizzt
Slain by Kangaxx in Dragon Caves (BG1)

Dynaheir
Slain by Edwin at Dryad Falls
Slain by unknown enemy east of Beregost
Slain by Alai in Iron Throne Headquarters

Eldoth
Slain by Bandit in Coast Way
Permanently dead. Soul claimed by Loviatar.

Edwin
Deaths: 5
Slain by Gnoll Slasher in Gnoll Stronghold
Slain by Ogre in Cloudpeak Mountains
Slain by Amazon in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Teldorn at Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Xan Somewhere Far to the North

Fabio
Deaths: 4
Slain by Orc in Bald Hill
Slain by Bandit in Reddy Forest
Slain by Gas Spore beneath Restenford
Slain by Lizardman at Lizard Lake

Faldorn
Slain by Black Talon Elite in Cloakwood Mines

Finch
Deaths: 8
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair
Slain by Ankheg in Ankheg Lair (second visit)
Slain by Ankheg in Wyrm's Crossing
Slain by Rhialto the Marvelous at Candlekeep
Slain by Minsc in Nashkel Mines
Slain by Stole Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Invisible Stalker in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Dire Bear in the Undercity

Firebead Elvenhair
Slain by Anton Valor in Ulcaster Depths

Imoen
Deaths: 6
Slain by Kysus at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Syvishtar in Section 1 Headquarters
Slain by Ashirukuru in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Syvishtar in Candlekeep

Indira
Slain by Vallius at Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by High Sorceress Linda in Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by Oversight War Wizard in Oversight Headquarters

Jaheira
Slain by Ogre in Beregost
Slain by Astral Phase Spider at Temple of the Morning Song

Jet'laya
Slain by Oversight Elite in Oversight Headquarters

Kagain
Slain by Wild Dog in Gnoll Stronghold
Slain by Giant Spider in Peldvale
Slain by Natasha in Cloakwood Mines

Khalid
Slain by Giant Spider in Larswood
Slain by Cornugon (summoned by Syvishtar) in Iron Throne Headquarters

Kivan
Slain by Mist Horror in Ulcaster Ruins
Slain by Shoal in Shipwreck Coast
Slain by Pheonix Guard in Nashkel
Slain by Stone Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower

Minsc
Slain by Black Talon Elite at Cloakwood Mines
Slain by Wind Horror at Friendly Arm Inn

Montaron
Slain by Hobgoblin Archer in Lion's Way
Permanently dead. Soul claimed by Cyric.

Mur'Neth
Slain by Orc in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Bandit north of Nashkel
Slain by Greater Ghoul in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Grael in Durlag's Keep
Slain by Demon Knight in Durlag's Keep

Regis
Slain by Frost Giant in Frost Giant Hills
Slain by Frost Giant in Frost Giant Hills
Slain by Kangaxx in Dragon Caves (BG1)
Slain by Cyclops in Storm March Mountains
Slain by Dragon Golem Scull in Dragon Caves

Shar-Teel
Slain by Dire Wolf in Red Canyons
Slain by Zargal (named hobgoblin) in Red Canyons
Slain by Bassilus in Red Canyons
Slain by Syvishtara in Cloakwood Forest
Slain by Orc Mage in the BG1 Underdark

Sir BillyBob
Slain by Syvishtar in Restenford
Permanently dead. Soul impaled and put on display at the City of Judgment as a warning to future self-inserts.

Skeezer Lumpkin VI
Slain by Natasha in Cloakwood Mines

Squirrel
Slain by Gauth in Dystra's Watch Tower

Thorfinn Hauskluniff
Slain by Tranzig in Beregost

Tiax
Slain by Bandit Archer south of Beregost
Slain by Syvishtara in Bandit Camp

Viconia
Slain by Sir Jones in Oversight Headquarters

Will Scarlet
Slain by Ogre in Beregost
Slain by trap in Durlag's Tower

Xan
Slain by Orc in Valley of the Tombs
Slain by Molkar at Song of the Morning Temple
Slain by Stone Golem in Dystra's Watch Tower

Xavia

Xzar
Slain by Bandit south of Beregost
Slain by Kobold Chieftain in Nashkel Mines
Slain by Bandit north of Nashkel
Slain by Teldorn Archer in Dystra's Watch Tower
Slain by Tam beneath Candlekeep

Yeslick
Slain by Cornugon/Wind Horror/Undead Soldier at Friendly Arm Inn
Slain by Syvishtar in Nashkel Mines (revisited)

Total Death Toll: 105

The Honored and Dishonored Dead

First, the title of Most Frequently Killed Character goes to... Finch!

Fear not, Finch. Barring any unforeseen reality revisions, your part in this saga is done. Go forth and live your life, and know that you will always have a place at my side.

I certainly hope so. I don't know if I've ever had to do that much paperwork for one person. As it is, the title of Most Lethal Enemy goes to... a tie, between Syvishtar(a) and the humble Bandit at eight party member kills apiece!

Ouch.

Joining the elf's adventure isn't necessarily a death sentence. The following companions were never killed in Baldur's Gate 1: Bardo Furfoot, Ferthgil Trollslayer, Garrick, Gavin, Keiria Silverstring, Lady Seafoam Wonderbounce, Mulgore, Quayle, Rose, Safana, and Wulfgar.

Lucky bastards.

Some now go their separate ways, but others are not so fortunate. They will have many more chances yet to become collateral damage like the Weave.

Then it is time to make your wagers for the next, far larger round. We are waiting for you, Syvishtar(a).

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 1, 2014

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
So, that was probably the most fun I've ever had in 2 years, 8 months, and 27 days. I expect BG2 + ToB to take just a bit under 5 years to complete. See y'all in 2019 brothers!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

never underestimate the bandit, the bane of all adventuring bands.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Who from Bg1(modded) doesn't return in BG2(modded).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sir Rabia Tirnova posted:

Who from Bg1(modded) doesn't return in BG2(modded).

As far as I know...

Mulgore, Xavia, Finch, Drizzt and company, Keira, Bardo, Fabio, Fergil, Bub Snikt, Conchobhair Strongblade, CuChoinneach, Indira, Jet'laya, Mur'neth, Regis, Sir Billybob, Thorfinn, Will Scarlet, and the various NPCs Vorgen made join the party - Wonderbounce, Squirrel, Black Bear, Firebead Elvenhair, and Bjornin.

I believe everyone else on the menu comes back naturally or through a mod.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Black Bear
Slain by Section 1 Elite in Section 1 Headquarters

Black Bear did manage to die once.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My bad. Editing.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ghostwoods posted:

o_O

This is going to get quite... random, isn't it.

OK. I just need to know something here. The Xan thing was toggled during one of the weave sex changes, thus the romance was triggered. The romance scripts, as far as I know, don't allow for sex changes to muck with the script. Thus, once female, always potentially? female. So...unless Syv puts on a certain belt or THE WEAVE WILLS, then we won't be seeing the Sarevok Romance. So...very random. Yes.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Vorgennnn
If you find a bug in the install with bolt08.itm then I'm really sorry, just delete it from the override and add the lines
code:
COPY_EXISTING bolt8.itm override
WRITE_LONG 0x60 3
to any old tp2.

I did encounter this bug. So should I edit any old tp2 file before installation, during, or what?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Any tp2 of a mod you haven't yet installed, so that you don't have to uninstall anything. But honestly, the real problem is with the file itself, so deleting from override would solve everything. I made a typo and that made weidu think the file is shorter than it actually is :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

so delete it when i get to that point in the install.

if you wanted to put up a new version of the mod id be able to download it and use it. im not done installing yet.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 1, 2014

• Locked thread