Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
:siren:The LP is complete! Thanks for watching, everyone!:siren:

So apparently I decided that Outlast would be a great idea for baby's first Let's Play.

Outlast is-

Oh god no.

N-Now hold on a second, come back. I know that Outlast has a pretty terrible reputation for endless scarecam shriek-fests with confusing and annoying thumbnails, but I think it's a pretty fun ride and I'd like to share it. I like the atmosphere, the odd characters, and the little schlocky b-movie story that it tells. It's as charming as a game about naked people beating you with planks of wood can possibly be.

It also apparently takes place in the Resident Evil 4 universe or something. :colbert:

This is a terrible idea and I, The Viewer, am completely on-board. What's the deal?

First off, please tag spoilers if you discuss them! Because.
e: On a similar note, feel free to discuss mechanics and quirks in the thread, but please drop a spoiler tag over anything likely to kill the tension for somebody experiencing the game for the first time. Thanks!

I'll be doing videos with minimal commentary to help provide context and company with my donkey-voice, but will do my best to preserve the game's atmosphere. I won't be speaking over anything important, and will generally try to keep my input to a minimum. I'm interested in showing off Outlast, not my own reactions to its gory haunted house set pieces. I'll also be posting the little notes we get in the thread for anybody who's interested.

Like any haunted house attraction, Outlast is a game all about the ride, so going in fairly blind makes it more enjoyable. All you really need to know is that we're a journalist named Miles Upshur who is investigating Mount Massive Asylum because he's got hella moxie, and we'll be spending most of the game with a fancy camcorder glued to our face.

There's the occasional jumpscare as well. While I find they get the blood flowing, and they aren't too frequent or unfair for the most part past the introduction(with one notable exception, in my opinion) I will be providing jumpscare timecodes for each video, spoilermarked for the convenience of those that want the full Outlast experience. Only check these if you're totally sure you can't handle the startles but still want to experience the game! I was going to do these as Youtube annotations, but I don't want to risk every viewer seeing each scare coming without even meaning to.

Oh, and before I forget...

:nws: :siren: All videos in this thread are under a blanket Gore-Dongs Advisory :siren: :nws:

Outlast likes its unapologetic male nudity about as much as it likes its frightened panting sound effects. Just a fair warning.

VIDEOS

---

Episode One- Checking In
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Two- In Security
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Three- The Running Start
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Four - Home Movies
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Five- Persecutory Delusions
Documents & Notes
---
Intermission- Let's Demo Montas
A short breather from the halls of Mount Massive. We wander briefly through the mind of white-collared Joseph Walker.

---

Episode Six- Night Air
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Seven - Found
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Eight- Darkness
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Nine- Passion
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Ten- The Modern Prometheus
Documents & Notes

---

WHISTLEBLOWER

---

Episode Eleven - Overtime
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Twelve- Cook
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Thirteen- Partaking and Sharing
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Fourteen- Old Friends
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Fifteen- An Easy Way Out
Documents & Notes
---

Episode Sixteen- Tied
Documents & Notes
---

:siren:JUMPSCARE WARNINGS:siren:
For the less jumpstartle-inclined only, not really recommended. Take 1-2 before sleep.

Episode 1: 9:27, 13:20, 15:41, 18:31 -------------
Episode 2: 5:00 ----------------------------------
Episode 3: 2:01, 4:32, 5:33 ----------------------
Episode 4: 3:07, 4:38, 6:58, 20:19, 22:00 --------
Episode 5: 8:27, 27:56 ---------------------------
Episode 6: 7.45, 16.00 ---------------------------
Episode 7: 1.50, 13.00, 16.20 --------------------
Episode 8: 7.41, 9.02 ----------------------------
Episode 9: 1.41, 6.46 ----------------------------
Episode 10: Wow pretty much no unfair ones -------
Episode 11: 15.15, 18.22 ------------------------
Episode 12: 6.58, 16.24 -------------------------
Episode 13: 1.15, 6.05, 8.05, 9.25, 13.37 -------
Episode 14: 3.32, 8.54, 11.26 -------------------
Episode 15: 4.49, 12.55, 15.23, 16.35 -----------
Episode 16: 5.00, 5.47, 8.57, 12.53 -------------

:cthulhu:FUN STUFF:cthulhu:
(Let's all just pretend I reserved the second post for this stuff instead of stuffing the OP with even more junk.)

Short bonus video to conclude the LP over HERE!

blankd Took a crack at the Morphogenic Formula spotted in the tenth episode:

blankd posted:

I'm no math wizard, but from what I can read and some cursory googling, the top row is talking about derivatives and some (N)umber being divided by what appears to be a specific (P)oint on a circle (2pi).

The other two formulas appear to be talking about pattern formation variations as well as the degree of the pattern forming(??) as well as partial derivatives (the "backwards" 6's).

If I were to make a really uneducated guess it looks like a formula for making moving patterns (I'm making a BIG assumption on what the x & y and h & k mean- in that they are moving along an axis). Whether or not these formulas could actually create anything close to the patterns seen in game, I have no idea since some parts of the equations look wonky, but that could just be me. :v:

Either way, there are some other interesting things you can probably branch out from some of these wiki entries since they might shed some light on what the devs were working with:
Morphogenesis, Pattern Formation.

JossiRossi decided to check if Miles Upshur's Gmail account from the intro cinematic was valid:

---

Speedball posted:

DumbRodent posted:

Sadly Outlast is not a videogame adaptation of The Big Lebowski.
Look, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

DumbRodent fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Gore-dongs. That's a phrase I never expected to read.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Lotish posted:

It gets only more extreme from here on out.

Some of the SA Lp-ers have been streaming this and I am looking forward to a text log complete playthrough.

This game can either be tense or kinda goofy. If you try to learn how the AI behaves you have more down time than the devs intended and a clearer view of the world. This doesn't do the game any favors as sometimes things can get buggy or look "off". (In an aesthetic way not related to blood dongers.)

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Mr. Walker seems to be able to enunciate rather well for someone with no discernible lips.

Anyhow, this is an interesting choice for a first LP, but you seem to be doing well so far. This is one of the better games of its type on the market (I cannot really call it the best in a world where Amnesia: The Dark Descent exists) and more proof that yes, you can make a great horror game without a gun that will make money, so I'm glad that it's getting a showing on the forums. Do you think you will do the DLC as well?

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

Lotish posted:

Expect the unexpected :cthulhu:

Armadillo Tank posted:

Some of the SA Lp-ers have been streaming this and I am looking forward to a text log complete playthrough.

This game can either be tense or kinda goofy. If you try to learn how the AI behaves you have more down time than the devs intended and a clearer view of the world. This doesn't do the game any favors as sometimes things can get buggy or look "off". (In an aesthetic way not related to blood dongers.)
I'm glad you're looking forward to it!
Yeah, Outlast definitely straddles that schlocky line between humor and horror. It pretty much embraces it though, which is part of what I like about it so much. Between that and the oversaturation of facecam playthroughs I can't really blame people for having a bad impression if it, though. :sigh:

resurgam40 posted:

Mr. Walker seems to be able to enunciate rather well for someone with no discernible lips.

Anyhow, this is an interesting choice for a first LP, but you seem to be doing well so far. This is one of the better games of its type on the market (I cannot really call it the best in a world where Amnesia: The Dark Descent exists) and more proof that yes, you can make a great horror game without a gun that will make money, so I'm glad that it's getting a showing on the forums. Do you think you will do the DLC as well?

He mostly communicates through blunt force trauma and neck-tearing.

I'd definitely say that Amnesia is a slightly better game than Outlast, but I do like me some Amnesia after all. Both games are pretty great, though Outlast is more on the haunted house simulator side of things. Still a fun game though!

If I get a few people that enjoy the game I'll definitely cover the DLC as well. It's a much more satisfying ending. It also contains yet more vital gore-dongs.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Our hero certainly has a...unique voice...to his writing. Not sure if I like it better than a blankface hero.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
That panting is the game and not you, right? Your voice sounds kind of fitting to the tone to the point where I'm not always sure if you're trying to role-play this somehow (which would probably be dumb) or just doing commentary. If it's you I'd say tone it down. If it's the game I'd say that's some drat good sound design, but it still needs to be toned down.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Our hero certainly has a...unique voice...to his writing. Not sure if I like it better than a blankface hero.

He is a beautiful jerk. Unusually colorful for a silent protagonist, for sure.

Buried alive posted:

That panting is the game and not you, right? Your voice sounds kind of fitting to the tone to the point where I'm not always sure if you're trying to role-play this somehow (which would probably be dumb) or just doing commentary. If it's you I'd say tone it down. If it's the game I'd say that's some drat good sound design, but it still needs to be toned down.

I was seriously considering making a note in the OP that the panting is not, in fact, me. Haha. Rest assured.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure Miles gets better at staying calm as the game progresses, if I'm remembering right.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lotish posted:

Yeah you know I saw this in the Sandcastle and was heartened when the reviews pointed out that there was no scarecam bullshit, but I still did not intend to watch.

Then I saw gore-dongs and now I think I have to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

Coolguye posted:

Yeah you know I saw this in the Sandcastle and was heartened when the reviews pointed out that there was no scarecam bullshit, but I still did not intend to watch.

Then I saw gore-dongs and now I think I have to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

I don't wanna get your expectations too high- I just meant that the game contains both gore and dongs in similar measures.

That being said there is one particular scene involving genitals and a tablesaw.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It's less hope and more a morbid curiosity that I will almost certainly end up regretting.

Inriri
Apr 25, 2014
What's great is the expansion they put out manages to top the main game in terms of hosed up stuff. In fact I'm surprised I haven't seen people get all up in arms about it yet.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Inriri posted:

What's great is the expansion they put out manages to top the main game in terms of hosed up stuff. In fact I'm surprised I haven't seen people get all up in arms about it yet.

You forget that we live in a world where GTA's Hot Coffee was bigger news than, say, Manhunt. Or Soldier of Fortune's ridiculously detailed hit modelling (for the time). We also live in a world where EA thought marketing Dead Space 2 (an 18-rated game) as "Something your mom would be horrified you play" was a good idea.

But, regarding Outlast, you're definitely giving a good first impression of it, and jump scares are definitely better when you don't have someone shrieking like a god-drat loony. I swear, my heart made a bid for freedom when that body flew down, and I certainly enjoy the journalist's notes. So count me as another guy looking how far the rabbit hole goes.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I have mixed feelings about the game so far, since the running around panicked in the dark is definitely effective but the setting, plot and jump scares all feel like pretty well-worn material. But you're doing a great job LPing it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Inriri posted:

Okay now this is something I need to see, I've "watched" a few streams of this where it's just a few people mocking it to death but this take is actually a lot more enthralling.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Just watched the first episode, I really enjoyed it and I have to say I did jump a couple of times. I should of knew not to watch this while eating. I'd never even of heard of this game before but it seems different from the usual horror style of game. I wonder who this alcoholic kiddy fiddler look-a-like is.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

JamieTheD posted:

You forget that we live in a world where GTA's Hot Coffee was bigger news than, say, Manhunt. Or Soldier of Fortune's ridiculously detailed hit modelling (for the time). We also live in a world where EA thought marketing Dead Space 2 (an 18-rated game) as "Something your mom would be horrified you play" was a good idea.

But, regarding Outlast, you're definitely giving a good first impression of it, and jump scares are definitely better when you don't have someone shrieking like a god-drat loony. I swear, my heart made a bid for freedom when that body flew down, and I certainly enjoy the journalist's notes. So count me as another guy looking how far the rabbit hole goes.

Yeah, you're definitely giving a much better impression of this game than I was expected, to be honest.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Lotish posted:

Yeah, you're definitely giving a much better impression of this game than I was expected, to be honest.

I have to agree and add to this. Compared to the protagonist who's breathing heavily and shrieking at everything you have been very composed and calm. Right up until a point in the second video where I felt genuine tension in your voice when you were in the do or die situation. I also enjoy the minimalist approach to the commentary, in some ways it feels like you're portraying the protagonist himself.

I have to say one thing about the gameplay though, for a guy who's trying to skulk around and remain hidden, he sure does love to slam doors!

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
I'm enjoying this.

One criticism: you don't need to try to be so .. 'purposely oblivious', I guess? We can all put 2 and 2 together and realize that the asylum is full of crazy people who will try to kill us as a result of some weird lucid dreaming experiments, no need to be coy about it. I am enjoying that you're not mocking or playing up the scares. They might be obvious jump scares, but a good scare is still a good scare.

The panting is kinda annoying. I dunno if your recording/encoding is making it any worse, but it's really hard to hear anything else at all while Miles is panting like he ran a marathon (actual distance: 4 feet), while hiding in a locker in the dark.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dilb posted:

The panting is kinda annoying. I dunno if your recording/encoding is making it any worse, but it's really hard to hear anything else at all while Miles is panting like he ran a marathon (actual distance: 4 feet), while hiding in a locker in the dark.
From playing the game a bit myself, I'll vouch for the OP here in saying that the levels I hear in the video seem totally normal for the source material and I do not see a volume slider to make it better.

So....Outlast!

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Coolguye posted:

From playing the game a bit myself, I'll vouch for the OP here in saying that the levels I hear in the video seem totally normal for the source material and I do not see a volume slider to make it better.

So....Outlast!

It's really annoying because sometimes you need to hear enemies to know when it's safe to come out and Miles freaks out so much that footfalls can become very difficult to hear. It's also amazing that enemies don't always check the locker that keeps breathing very heavily and loudly with whimpers coming from it.

I guess it's because they're crazy?

e:

DumbRodent posted:

I think that the player hears Miles' whimpering and breathing louder than it really is. They're inside of his noggin, and Miles is probably terrified of being heard, so every little noise he makes being amplified makes some sense.

Makes sense to me.

CARRIERHASARRIVED fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 1, 2014

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

JamieTheD posted:

While Outlast definitely has some notable violence in it, its... I guess you could say sexual content is what's kind of surprising. I wouldn't say I'm surprised nobody's up in arms about it, but I am kind of surprised that Youtube doesn't rip down videos of the game on a frequent basis due to the content. I guess they just can't afford to, with their beloved bigbux LPers flocking to the game.

I'm really glad you're enjoying so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Miles' musings.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Compared to the protagonist who's breathing heavily and shrieking at everything you have been very composed and calm. Right up until a point in the second video where I felt genuine tension in your voice when you were in the do or die situation. I also enjoy the minimalist approach to the commentary, in some ways it feels like you're portraying the protagonist himself.

I have to say one thing about the gameplay though, for a guy who's trying to skulk around and remain hidden, he sure does love to slam doors!

To be fair, I know the game well enough- but I definitely get tense while playing! I even got snagged by a jump or two that I forgot about in those first couple videos because I was so caught up with trying to make everything ~immersive~ haha.
Thanks for the kind words! Regarding the animation for closing doors... yeah, pretty much. It's noticable enough that the devs actually took to 'fixing' it in the DLC!

Dilb posted:

I'm enjoying this.

One criticism: you don't need to try to be so .. 'purposely oblivious', I guess? We can all put 2 and 2 together and realize that the asylum is full of crazy people who will try to kill us as a result of some weird lucid dreaming experiments, no need to be coy about it. I am enjoying that you're not mocking or playing up the scares. They might be obvious jump scares, but a good scare is still a good scare.

Thanks for the input! I know that anyone can figure out that the survival horror-stealth game is going to be full of bloodthirsty psychopaths, but I'm more interested in letting the audience experience it mostly blind and let the game speak for itself, I guess? It's just a stylistic choice I suppose. I'm still trying to find a comfortable balance between commentary and letting the game speak for itself, so I'll definitely keep it in mind!

I'm pretty sure Miles' panting doesn't remain quite so obnoxious for the entire game. Like most good survival horror protagonists, he's a bit of a coward at the start, and since we're inside of his head I guess we're hearing his breathing particularly loud. As Coolguye said, though, I'm pretty sure it's not any louder in the videos than it was for me.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

It's really annoying because sometimes you need to hear enemies to know when it's safe to come out and Miles freaks out so much that footfalls can become very difficult to hear. It's also amazing that enemies don't always check the locker that keeps breathing very heavily and loudly with whimpers coming from it.

I guess it's because they're crazy?

I think that the player hears Miles' whimpering and breathing louder than it really is. They're inside of his noggin, and Miles is probably terrified of being heard, so every little noise he makes being amplified makes some sense.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I remember RPS giving this a relatively glowing review. It's interesting -- and effective -- to see you play it as a fairly hands-off LP. No face-cam, no jabbering, etc. I also like that you're working to blend your bits of commentary into Miles' inner voice. So far, I'm impressed!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Fear is well known to increase the breathing and heart rate. Plus when you're trying to be quiet you tend to notice sounds you don't really notice normally, add to that the idea of confusion of a situation you weren't prepared for.

I think that although the setup has been a little slow at times it's built up greatly later on. Half-Life had a massive opening that was at a snail pace until everything went to poo poo. This is the guys first LP and he's made a good start and he will learn as he goes on. There's been some unnecessary focus in some minor parts but I've kinda liked that in some ways as it's portrayed in some manners of someone who is in new surroundings and exploring them. The overly cautious approach to the people in the TV room I felt was a bit over-done until the scene with the guy in the wheelchair afterwards, it just caught me by complete surprise.

One suggestion I will make is a bonus video after this is completed. The sole camera recorded footage compiled into one complete disjointed video like if someone had picked it up from his corpse.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

One suggestion I will make is a bonus video after this is completed. The sole camera recorded footage compiled into one complete disjointed video like if someone had picked it up from his corpse.

I kind of hoped the game was going to do that itself. But if not then I'd love to see that :allears:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Glad someone is doing this- I got a good ways through the game before my old computer packed up and now I'm stuck on my laptop which isn't fast enough to run it, so I never found out how it ended. This game is something special, that's for sure

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

This would be goddamned amazing.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

Ghostwoods posted:

I remember RPS giving this a relatively glowing review. It's interesting -- and effective -- to see you play it as a fairly hands-off LP. No face-cam, no jabbering, etc. I also like that you're working to blend your bits of commentary into Miles' inner voice. So far, I'm impressed!

Yeah, they pretty much tonguebathed it. That's actually what swayed be to give it a shot back on its release.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy you're enjoying it so much! Really pleased some people are enjoying the game.

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I kind of hoped the game was going to do that itself. But if not then I'd love to see that :allears:

Vagon posted:

This would be goddamned amazing.

Hah! When I was playing through the very first time I had the exact same hope that it would do this. Sadly, no such thing.

As to whether or not I'd edit together such a thing at the end... great question! I guess we'll find out :cheers:

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I quite like this game and was really enthused about it when it came out. Without proper time or equipment anymore, though, I haven't been able to play the DLC. I'm really looking forward to seeing you explore all the parts I missed.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There's a cool little easter egg of sorts when you first encounter Chris Walker properly: when he turns his back after checking the first locker, try sneaking into the second.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

BIG PANIC?

E4C85D38 posted:

I quite like this game and was really enthused about it when it came out. Without proper time or equipment anymore, though, I haven't been able to play the DLC. I'm really looking forward to seeing you explore all the parts I missed.
Ah man. I hope I can do it justice for you, in that case. Happy to hear you're looking forward!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

There's a cool little easter egg of sorts when you first encounter Chris Walker properly: when he turns his back after checking the first locker, try sneaking into the second.
I'd heard of that, but haven't actually tried it myself. I'm trying to find material to cover in little downtime bonus videos, so I'll definitely be including that. Outlast has a couple marks of fine detail in strange places that I quite like.

Also I'm very fond of your avatar. I was considering covering that magnificent game and even did some tests, but Oatmeal Raisin did such a great job of it I decided to leave it be.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DumbRodent posted:

Also I'm very fond of your avatar. I was considering covering that magnificent game and even did some tests, but Oatmeal Raisin did such a great job of it I decided to leave it be.

Having 100%ed the game and finished it on FUBAR difficulty, I can honestly say I cannot get sick of that game at all, so I would absolutely have watched that LP. I think it probably would've been as an observer though, I don't see how I could've added anything more to the game past the posts I made for that thread (other than a few bits and pieces I've noticed in my playthoughs since).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thanks for doing an LP of this game! Unfortunately, I did associate this game with countless facecams of people who don't really tell me what the content of the game is except that there's spooky poo poo. So in other words, I appreciate having this game presented in the way you're doing it. :)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
This actually seems like the best way to lets play a horror game. You're commentary is non-intrusive and actually fits really well with the pace of the game. Unlike so many horror game lps I've watched your voice adds to the tension rather than subtracts from it. I'm really excited to see more!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

While I can't say I agree about this game's quality, you are doing a wonderful job with the LP. I particularly like your vocal tone, and how you move the character in ways that respond to the things around you, like backing up from sudden horrible sights, and such. Keep it up, OP!

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Having 100%ed the game and finished it on FUBAR difficulty, I can honestly say I cannot get sick of that game at all, so I would absolutely have watched that LP. I think it probably would've been as an observer though, I don't see how I could've added anything more to the game past the posts I made for that thread (other than a few bits and pieces I've noticed in my playthoughs since).

What game is this referring to? I assume the link in the avatar goes to an LP of it, but it's archived and the archives are down.

Wonderful LP, by the way, the minimalist treatment of it works perfectly with this game. Is it bad that I'm genuinely impressed that the game renders you steadying yourself with the palm of your hand on the floor while crouched that actual people do in real life, including transitioning from your fingertips to your palm? I can't say that I remember seeing a game do that before.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Nice LP. The game seems a bit too fond of relying on catscare, and the plot feels very tired already, but it's still managed to make me flinch a couple times. Your comments are pretty well done as well.

prussian advisor posted:

What game is this referring to? I assume the link in the avatar goes to an LP of it, but it's archived and the archives are down.

Wonderful LP, by the way, the minimalist treatment of it works perfectly with this game. Is it bad that I'm genuinely impressed that the game renders you steadying yourself with the palm of your hand on the floor while crouched that actual people do in real life, including transitioning from your fingertips to your palm? I can't say that I remember seeing a game do that before.

Spec Ops: The Line. It's been archived.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just in case the OP isn't doing a good job on selling you on Outlast, though he is, I can tell you it's the best horror title since the original Amnesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acquire Currency! posted:

Just in case the OP isn't doing a good job on selling you on Outlast, though he is, I can tell you it's the best horror title since the original Amnesia.

You didn't rate the second one?

• Locked thread