Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
JakeP also was at -3 when I checked Votefinder, it hadn't updated for the most recent votes. Combined with my sub-optimal counting ability, I sincerely had no idea that Jake would be put at -1 by my vote. If you want to vote me for making an honest mistake, then well, I guess I can't stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I've been convinced by Jake to take my vote off him before because "trust me guys, you don't want to lynch me", and it lead to town losing (and Taste's SK victory).

I can't let that happen again.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Meinberg is a dumb lynch. I had to count the votes myself to realize I was -1. I think his unvote is a null tell.

I think Asiinas recent comment is way scummier. She is satisfied to sit on her early jokevote on me, even after soft-claiming a power role. I would understand if she actually had expressed some kind of reason at any point to think I am actually scum, but that is simply not the case at all.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And I had already claimed 3P survivor in that game, these are completely different scenarios.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're out of order jake

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I already said that I don't think town you would particularly care about being lynched.

My hesitation to move off you is that I've been burned by you before, even if you are soft-claiming a power role this time instead of claiming 3P.

I want to trust you Jake, but how stupid would I be to fall for this poo poo twice?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I already said that I don't think town you would particularly care about being lynched.

My hesitation to move off you is that I've been burned by you before, even if you are soft-claiming a power role this time instead of claiming 3P.

I want to trust you Jake, but how stupid would I be to fall for this poo poo twice?

If you are going to automatically assume anyone who lied to you in a previous game is always lying, you are going to be policy voting everyone if you play enough games. Does it not make sense that I might not mind getting myself lynched as a vanilla town, but I might put a bit more effort to protect myself if I am a town power role? Sure I would also do the same thing as scum or 3P, but to assume I am not town because I don't want to be lynched is outright dumb.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not sure it's safe to assume there's scum in the game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Think about it from a flavor perspective, the real enemy is overall loss of memory/sanity no matter good or bad

I am claiming that I'm a memory btw

Last Ecco game I was a part of had no scum, only an optional killing/replicating 3p

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Whoops I forgot this game started. Sorry!! Dementia joke here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whoops I forgot this game started. Sorry!! Dementia joke here.

Whoops you got replaced. Sorry not sorry!! Totally sane choice.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

JakeP posted:

If you are going to automatically assume anyone who lied to you in a previous game is always lying, you are going to be policy voting everyone if you play enough games. Does it not make sense that I might not mind getting myself lynched as a vanilla town, but I might put a bit more effort to protect myself if I am a town power role? Sure I would also do the same thing as scum or 3P, but to assume I am not town because I don't want to be lynched is outright dumb.
I'm so conflicted right now, you don't usually put this kinda effort in.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hooray, I caught up to the thread and made some notes on people.

1) Asiina
OOG reasoning for jokevote. Tentatively scummy. Unwilling to comment because of possibility of incriminiation. Super early so not much weight on this part.
Chimes back in with previous game poo poo for Jake’s plea. Not feeling good about Asiina.
Doubles down. This is bad. Surpasses Meinberg as #1 scum pick.
2) Captain Foo
Hedgey post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635349&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post430383133
Would vote
3) Grandicap
Is me. Is not Scum. Is the best.
4) Ixtlilton
Is not reading Role PM. I stand behind this call.
5) JakeP
Active and not tense at all. Early game town read.
Not voting Kesho. Like ever.
Talking non game stuff is usually a scum-tell, but damned if I wasn’t pulled in by the stories. Also the non-chalance with which he delivers them feels natural, not the trying-to-fit-in-ness that is trademark scumness. Still a town read,
Apparently the thread disagreed because he got to -1. Hmmm. Makes a plea for his life. Self-preservation is not a scum tell, it is a selfish tell. However scum have more reason to be selfish. Still sticking with a town read. Actually towniest player in the thread so far.
Damnit Jake, softclaims are bad.
6) Meinberg
Bad backtrack on the Jake train. Bad self pity moment on his bad counting skills. Bad post in general. #1 scum pick as of this post.
7) Opopanax
Bails on the Ix Turbo before it begins, cites low number of players as reason, shows that he is conscious of how it looks to be on an early turbo. Plausibility of it actually happening is irrelevant. Scum tell.
Grandmafia is the best. Remember to join.
Opop is anti Jake due to self-preservation plea. Town sentiment. More town on Opop than before
8) The Ninth Layer Juanito
Replaced before confirming. Sadness.
9) Tremendous Taste
Is 3rd party. No really. The no scum thing is not somewhere a town would go this soon out of the gate. He is phrasing it in a wierd way, but I assume he has some sort of funky role that is not town or scum. And not a SK either. Dream Lyncher? Something awkward. Would vote at some point. But I think he is orthogonal to the game right now.

So the summary of this is Scum are Asiina and Meinberg. Jake is the towniest town to ever town town. TT is 3rd Party, and other stuff too. Just read the mind dump that is above.

Also: ##unvote
##vote Asiina

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Ugh, I've been convinced by Jake to take my vote off him before because "trust me guys, you don't want to lynch me", and it lead to town losing (and Taste's SK victory).

I can't let that happen again.

I would vote Asiina based on this post alone, but I'd rather be proven right about jake

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like to vehemently deny 3p status, I'm as town as town gets

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Juanito posted:

I know, right? I'm glad you see it too and I'm not crazy.

Or maybe we're both crazy.

My vote isn't a matter of "you lied to me before, payback time!" It's that the only other time I've seen you behave this way was when you were scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grandi plz explain how that was a hedgy post. I did the exact opposite of hedging. I posted an argument, saw a potential hole in it and filled it. Idk why you think I'm being hedgy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wow asiina looks bad. Still keeping my vote where it is but ghe looks like scum too jfc

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

I could see jakep telling the truth here, esp with meinberg wanting a turbo . not than meinberg would know that jakep is PR but that he is town

It's in the phrasing, you "could see" Jake telling the truth. It is very non-commital. Meh, you aren't a top read for me, but that post seems off.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grandicap posted:

It's in the phrasing, you "could see" Jake telling the truth. It is very non-commital. Meh, you aren't a top read for me, but that post seems off.

Oh. That's just how I talk, didn't even consider that on a reread of my post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I would vote Asiina based on this post alone, but I'd rather be proven right about jake

You are just going to look as foolish as you did the time you locked your vote in on me for not turboing someone.

Juanito posted:

I don't get lynched very often :shrug:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I know, right? I'm glad you see it too and I'm not crazy.

Or maybe we're both crazy.

My vote isn't a matter of "you lied to me before, payback time!" It's that the only other time I've seen you behave this way was when you were scum.

Your vote is that I am actively trying to not be lynched, right got it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

You are just going to look as foolish as you did the time you locked your vote in on me for not turboing someone.

And if I remember right, I fought tooth and nail to not get lynched in that game as well (as vanilla town).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh fine ##unvote ##vote asiina

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Bad reasoning doesn't make someone scum.

Meinberg posted:

JakeP also was at -3 when I checked Votefinder, it hadn't updated for the most recent votes. Combined with my sub-optimal counting ability, I sincerely had no idea that Jake would be put at -1 by my vote. If you want to vote me for making an honest mistake, then well, I guess I can't stop you.

Misrepresenting the case on you to be just for miscounting does.

##vote Meinberg

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

Bad reasoning doesn't make someone scum.

Misrepresenting the case on you to be just for miscounting does.

##vote Meinberg

I think it makes sense that he didn't realize he put me at -1 and unvote when I brought it up. What else is the case against him?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

JakeP posted:

I think it makes sense that he didn't realize he put me at -1 and unvote when I brought it up. What else is the case against him?

It was kind of a scummy vote in the first place, and his response to it being -1 was kind of overwrought. I guess I thought there was more to it that people had spelled out, but yeah.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure why votefinder isn't updating.

In any case, I've already explained my reasoning which is that I don't think town Jake would care so much about being lynched since I haven't seen him really care in the past and the only time I've seen him really fight against being lynched was when he was scum. Of course it's not an airtight case, it's Day 1, but it's the best I have at this point so I'm going with it.

If you don't believe me then :shrug:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

your case is exclusively meta

ok then

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

D1 cases are poo poo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tremendous Taste posted:

D1 cases are poo poo

Let's no lynch :henget:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

##unvote

##no lynch

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I prefer the terminology "no hang" or some variation thereof.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

EccoRaven posted:

I prefer the terminology "no hang" or some variation thereof.

We're from another generation, Ecco. You just have to understand. It was a different time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I forgot, Ecco, I apologize.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyway, ##vote no murk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Me too but to be fair I was explicitly making fun of TT

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TT why would you want to no-townkill d1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not convinced there's scum and I don't think there's much to be learned from a d1 mismurk

• Locked thread