Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bob holness paradox
Aug 22, 2009

ceci n'est pas un presentateur

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

These people are for laughing at, since they don't know how to use a wiki in 2014/can't figure out a callback to a plot point that happened ten minutes/one episode ago. Also, the OP doesn't actually help with these questions. Otherwise you probably wouldn't get them.

You're worse than all of those people put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

bob holness paradox posted:

You're worse than all of those people put together.

Goons never understand that most people just watch TV and forget about it for a week. It is known.

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
(For once) I'm not objecting to book material, but have they actually referred to him as the Viper on the show? Doesn't ring a bell.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't think they have except in the title for this weeks episode.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
In the books he's known as the Red Viper of Dorne or something like that.

EDIT: No they haven't called him that in the show yet. They also haven't called him the spaniard yet.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 1, 2014

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Stonefish posted:

(For once) I'm not objecting to book material, but have they actually referred to him as the Viper on the show? Doesn't ring a bell.

I think it's just going with the other titles like "the lion and the rose" and "the wolf and the lion"

edit: and "the bear and the maiden fair"

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
Why are people complaining about the OP on SA? It is pretty common for there to be long sperglord OPs on SA forums. It's quite simple to scroll past as well if you dislike it.
I for one love to read the last seen sections for each character; since it's a fun way to remember where the two dozen of main characters are at currently.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Because the poo poo just gets longer and longer each season. I can put my mouse on free scroll and do a hard downward scroll and the poo poo still won't finish all the way through the OP now.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 1, 2014

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm trying to think of a compromise not that it's my place to do so... Would putting each house behind a spoiler tag shorten it up while retaining the information or would that just turn the whole post into a big black wall that's as long as ever.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I think it's just going with the other titles like "the lion and the rose" and "the wolf and the lion"

edit: and "the bear and the maiden fair"

All of these also had double meanings. Probably Sansa is the mountain and Littlefinger's weiner is the Viper.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How many people here like chicken?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Arglebargle III posted:

How many people here like chicken?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

If you look closely you can tell this is fake because the burnt area switches sides a few times.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Stonefish posted:

I'm almost certain that Tyrion referred to him by the Red Viper in the first episode he appeared in. And then they never said it again.

Also, again, I like the OP and read the jokes.

bob holness paradox
Aug 22, 2009

ceci n'est pas un presentateur

Timett posted:

I'm trying to think of a compromise not that it's my place to do so... Would putting each house behind a spoiler tag shorten it up while retaining the information or would that just turn the whole post into a big black wall that's as long as ever.

The compromise is for people to stop being so goony and just spend 10 seconds per week of their undoubtedly busy and important lives scrolling past it the first time they visit the thread.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Somebody should put the character guide in the character guide, because it seems to speak to the hearts of goons in ways that some characters don't even manage to.

Bad Mr Frosty
Apr 25, 2012

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This page is longer than a wikipedia article on Sonic the Hedgehog.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
:allears:

Every new GoT thread beings a new kind of meltdown. It truly is magical.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
This page is longer than The Princess and The Queen, an actual story by GRRM.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Hedrigall posted:

This page is longer than a wikipedia article on Sonic the Hedgehog.

Syrio the Hedgehog? When was he called that in the show? No more book spoilers plz.

I like the OP too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
One day a mod is going to replace all the images in the character guide with beecock and you'll be sorry you ever doubted it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

One day a mod is going to replace all the images in the character guide with beecock and you'll be sorry you ever doubted it.

And now I know what that is.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

One option - because clearly some men just want to watch the world burn - is to ask Baldurk if you can host the OP on the screenshot LP test poster and just link to it each week for those who want to go over it. It would make the thread easier to read, as well as (hopefully) stop these OP-quoting jackasses who are now just copying someone else's joke (that was actually funny the first time but not really now).

Stonefish
Nov 1, 2004

Chillin' like a villain
You can quote-pyramid on this site? I thought that got patched out years ago.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That just shows the extra effort Mr. Frosty had to go through!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Stonefish posted:

You can quote-pyramid on this site? I thought that got patched out years ago.

You just had to put a quote inside a quote, the site doesn't do that itself.

Like so:

The first posted:

The second posted:

The third posted:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
THANK YOU. God that was distracting.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

You guys are the best, thank you all. :allears:

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Ohhhh noooo, all these OP quotes make the thread unreadable!

Wait I can just ignore :byewhore:

If Tyrion's champion dies and he gets sent to the wall will Jamie still have to leave the kingsguard? Then it's really a lose lose situation for everybody involved ain't it; Tyrion gets sent to a cold barren fort for the rest of his life (...if he can even make it there before the wildlings attack?), Tywin's allegiance with Dorne will be hosed, Cersei will be denied killing the imp, and Jamie will have live a normal life in dishonor.

Tywin's really hosed up his plans this time, but he still probably comes out the winner all of this if Jamie continues on the Lannister name, at least until Dany comes over and burns them all to a crisp

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Do you really think Tywin would be likely to allow mercy after that "I wish I had enough poison for all of you" speech? You have to think about the entirety of King's Landing nobility screaming for justice.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pleasant Friend posted:

Tywin's really hosed up his plans this time, but he still probably comes out the winner all of this if Jamie continues on the Lannister name, at least until Dany comes over and burns them all to a crisp

Pretty sure they're gonna have to deal with Stannis (again) before the queen on the other side of the sea.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

MrBims posted:

Do you really think Tywin would be likely to allow mercy after that "I wish I had enough poison for all of you" speech? You have to think about the entirety of King's Landing nobility screaming for justice.

I don't know, I'd imagine most of the nobility would know Tyrion didn't do it. I think his dad/sister is really putting him "on trial" for killing his mother, but for the rest of the bigoted Kign's Landing Tyrion is right that this is really all just about him being a dwarf. His speech will certainly cause the nobility a few eye-rolls and sneers, but I can't imagine it'd cause enough furor that it'd stop Tywin from potentially get Jamie out of the King's Guard. Or maybe I'm misreading the situation and the common people actually believe in the legitimacy of the mock trial and think Tyrion killed Joffrey, which would make it harder.

No More Heroes posted:

Pretty sure they're gonna have to deal with Stannis (again) before the queen on the other side of the sea.

I just meant in the sense that they'd have none of those dragon repellant candle's Dorne is so good at making, so if she ever leaves Essos they'd be screwed. But you're right, it just means they're double screwed cause of Stannis/Bravos, or triple screwed if you count the White Walkers.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like having an OP. It's easy as gently caress to skip for those who don't like/need it, so there's no reason not to have it for those who do like/need it.

Quoting it should be a bannable loving offense, though.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Man, I am NOT loving this new actor for Gregor. He's supposed to be The Hound's OLDER brother. The hound looks 45-50. Conan from s1 was great. He seemed a true psychopath, worthy of all the hosed up stories. The guy from season 2 at least looked the part, even if he barely spoke. This dude looks 25, because he IS 25. He doesn't have the right 'feel' for it. He's the most babyfaced 6'9 bearded man I've ever seen, strongest man in Iceland or not.

Well at least they didn't get a pro wrestler I suppose.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Yeah, whatever happened to the S1 Mountain? :v:

Prediction: the fight is interrupted by a huge wildfire explosion. Everyone bonds and learns the true meaning of family when they have to try to save the whole city. But who set it off???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Speleothing posted:

Yeah, whatever happened to the S1 Mountain? :v:

He left to be in The Hobbit.

• Locked thread