Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Riled Shareef posted:

The big episode 9 shocker better be a WIN for the good guys. At least a little bit? Please? Maybe have the Night's Watch prevail? :unsmith:

At this point I fully expect the next episode to open with castle black completely overrun and everyone's head on a spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm so mad. God ducking dammit he tricked me again. Brutal death for a grata character we fell in love with I hate GRRM

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

ironlung posted:

Pretty sure you're wrong there. He's a Martell, which is like being a Stark in the north. It's not just any noble family, it's THE noble family.

You're right. Every Martell is a prince though.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ironlung posted:

Tyrion was the show's audience in that scene. "Holy poo poo! He might actually... holy poo poo he's going to pull it off!"

*head smash*

"Oh, goddamn it"

Before that, there was a look on Tyrion's face that was like, 'why are you taking so long, just kill the motherfucker'. And that was when I knew Oberyn lost before he got punched. At least taunt the large man out of reach or keep a knife in your boot, drat.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

The Martells have like a million princes, literally every noble there is a prince, it's not really much of a loss beyond him being the Sexiest Prince.

They may have many princes, but how many Sex Poet Laureates did they have?

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Yeah but I am trying to remember if they said earlier how high of a prince he was. None the less, you are sending back a dead prince of a noble family.

Like I just said, he's extremely high. He's a member of the top noble family in Dorne, his older brother is heir to the whole entire place. They don't have "millions" of Martells running around, it's a big loving deal considering the Martells already hated the Lannisters for killing Elia (Oberyn's sister) and her children.

ATankWithLegs
Nov 4, 2009
So was that the most violent death in GOT? Don't answer...it was.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Yeah but I am trying to remember if they said earlier how high of a prince he was. None the less, you are sending back a dead prince of a noble family.

minus a loving head

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

He's the second son. Basically the runner-up of the family line.

There we go. Yeah can't be good at all. Seeing as the Martell's are not part of the fold of the rest of the kingdoms.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

GRRM just likes killing handsome sexy men because he isn't one.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
By the last season the cast will just be handful of uninteresting people. Of course I will keep watching until the wife stops.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

ATankWithLegs posted:

What about Drogo ripping that guy's tongue out through his throat

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
RIP Prince Oberyn Martell, Vaginasbane, Buttsbane, Cocksbane, Red Viper of Dorne, Kind of Spaniard But Not Really, Best Character of the Show.

You lived fast, died young, and left a beautiful corpse.

wait nvm scratch that last part

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tyree posted:

Ok, now post the Jeff Goldblum version.

Ok.

zoux posted:

nuncle jimbo posted:

For some reason the thought of Jeff Goldblum as the Red Viper occurred to me and I can't shake it

You..ah...you...ah....raped? her. Heh. Then you...you...then you *waggles eybrows* killed her? You murdered her children.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I at least like this new Sansa.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm so mad. God ducking dammit he tricked me again. Brutal death for a grata character we fell in love with I hate GRRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qupw83wUw2Q&t=12s

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Oxxidation posted:

He's the second son. Basically the runner-up of the family line.
The second son and very close friends with Prince Doran, the ruler of Dorne and the guy who the Lannisters expected to show up for the wedding.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I finally understand how it feels to be one of those people who watch lovely sitcoms. Like who loving cares if that dude kisses that girl?

But now, now I get it.

This is being way too invested into a show.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

bobfather posted:

1 punch knocks out all of your teeth. Your eyes implode. Then your head explodes. I honestly can't think of a worse way to go, even as far as GoT deaths go.

That Ironborn guy got flayed alive.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Also what's up with sansa's awkward goth phase?

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.
Edit: Seems I probably shouldn't have made this post. I'm getting rid of what I wrote here. Prolly too late, but whatever.

I thought the fight was great. It makes me sad though. :(

Yureina fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 2, 2014

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4_Fefew78

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Regy Rusty posted:

Ok.

You..ah...you...ah....raped? her. Heh. Then you...you...then you *waggles eybrows* killed her? You murdered her children.
[/quote]

Christ, wasn't that from 2-3 years ago in the bad thread? Props on saving it for that long.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
How I feel after watching that ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVuDSFSrvjY

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

JT Jag posted:

The second son and very close friends with Prince Doran, the ruler of Dorne and the guy who the Lannisters expected to show up for the wedding.

Wait, what? I thought he was Doran's younger brother

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Watching someone pop a head like a zit is pretty fuckin' gross ya'll

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Tyree posted:

Ok, now post the Jeff Goldblum version.

YOU RAPED HER...

...uh...

...MURDERED HER?

YOU...uh...KILLED HER CHILDREN

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm more thinking he'll call her a oval office because she's talking down to him about the temple of the sorcerers.

I appreciated this post.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven't read the books so I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but is there anywhere that's collecting excerpts from them for scenes like the fight? I'd love to go back and read the source (without reading all of it)

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
WHAT THE gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Oberyn's death is going to be sown on the tapestry equivalent to rotten dotcom

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

Christ, wasn't that from 2-3 years ago in the bad thread? Props on saving it for that long.

Don't give me the credit, In It For The Tank has it preserved for posterity in the Spoiler Thread OP.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

NomChompsky posted:

Also what's up with sansa's awkward goth phase?

Eyrie-wear is weird man

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ironlung posted:

Wait, what? I thought he was Doran's younger brother
That's what "the second son" meant, sorry if I wasn't clear. He was the second son of the last Prince of Dorne, and is the second-eldest member of the family. He's Doran's Benjen.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't read the books so I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask but is there anywhere that's collecting excerpts from them for scenes like the fight? I'd love to go back and read the source (without reading all of it)

The chapter is in fact online, PM'ing it to you

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't give me the credit, In It For The Tank has it preserved for posterity in the Spoiler Thread OP.

Ah I never read OPs

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

ATankWithLegs posted:

Theon Greyjoy took like an entire season to die.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

im gay posted:

WHAT THE gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly how I feel man

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Don't care, saw Missandei's boobs. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Stark sisters are double darkness now. They should get back together and spend their days cackling, killing and lying about poo poo.

• Locked thread