Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In the alternative universe where the other team advances, who will win the NBA title
This poll is closed.
Nets 10 4.55%
Wizards 64 29.09%
Trailblazers 42 19.09%
Clippers 104 47.27%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

We got to see the Bulls without Rose for 17 games that year and they won on a ~55 win pace. I'm well aware that sample is waaaaaay too small for anything useful.

There is no truly fair way to judge this because the supporting cast fell off a cliff the same time Rose got injured.

The 2012-2013 team with bellinelli and Nate, Rose played 0 games. You are confusing this year. And when Rose was playing this year he was not playing particularly well.

Bashez posted:

They got way worse defensively, that's not because Rose got hurt.

This year's DRTG is basically identical to the year they went to the ECF
http://www.basketball-reference.com...rder_by=year_id

Seriously, you are playing VERY loose with these facts, do a bit of checking before first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Jon posted:

Should we move onto a a Finals N/V thread? I would make it but I feel like someone usually effort posts one...

...which reminds me, who used to make the finals GDT threads with the old NES era graphics? I hope those happen again this year, they're awesome

I was thinking of writing one up on Tuesday when I have the time but if someone else can effort post one first.

Also whose derrick rose

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

The 2012-2013 team with bellinelli and Nate, Rose played 0 games. You are confusing this year. And when Rose was playing this year he was not playing particularly well.

This year's DRTG is basically identical to the year they went to the ECF
http://www.basketball-reference.com...rder_by=year_id

Seriously, you are playing VERY loose with these facts, do a bit of checking before first.

Right the 12-13 team Rose played 0 games. I'm not confusing the year. The lockout year Rose missed 17 games and they played at a 55 win pace without him. None of this is confused, or wrong.

The season Rose missed being hurt, they went from 98 to 103 defensive rating. How is this loose with the facts? That's worse. A lot worse.

I think you've just misinterpreted every single thing I've said.

The 2010-'11-'12 bulls were a mid 50's win team without Rose. The '12-'13 Bulls were not. This is why you can't just say the bulls went from 62 wins to 48 wins because Rose got hurt. They lost a lot more than Rose.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
This article goes in depth on the Birdman extortion scandal, it's some friggen insane puppetmaster poo poo.

quote:

They realized Chartier had set up a bogus Facebook profile as Andersen, then received a message from Roxanne. Chartier responded as if she were Andersen, then set up a fake Roxanne profile to communicate with Andersen. This is where things got complicated and sinister. Both Andersen and Roxanne believed they were sending each other Facebook messages and starting an intimate relationship, but their messages were being triangulated through Chartier’s fake profile pages. Think of Chartier as a devious and malicious post office. Every message between Andersen and Roxanne was filtered through her computer, which meant she could manipulate any of their messages. And she did. Often.

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/06/06/...campaign=buffer

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
That whole thing is crazy surreal. Also, it doesn't even really mention what she got out of it. The only monetary amount mentioned is $5k which seems a little low for, you know, spending years of your life in prison.

I'm glad that Flinder Boyd guy is writing more though. He wrote some really good stuff for SB Nation and then dropped off the map.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Mario Chalmers is already a hall of famer. He's in the Alaska sports hall of fame!

Forbidden Kiss
Apr 28, 2004

Cavalier Eternel

chunkles posted:

That whole thing is crazy surreal. Also, it doesn't even really mention what she got out of it. The only monetary amount mentioned is $5k which seems a little low for, you know, spending years of your life in prison.

I'm glad that Flinder Boyd guy is writing more though. He wrote some really good stuff for SB Nation and then dropped off the map.

I don't think she doing this to make money or get rich.

It seems like she was just online all the time and got a rise out of loving with celebrities.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Mario Chalmers is already a hall of famer. He's in the Alaska sports hall of fame!

That place sounds so much more awesome than it probably is.

I'd go in expecting to see wolf sled-team racers and polar bear wrestlers but its probably randos and some ice fisherman.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I hope there's a statue of Boozer there.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

commy gun posted:

That place sounds so much more awesome than it probably is.

I'd go in expecting to see wolf sled-team racers and polar bear wrestlers but its probably randos and some ice fisherman.

I hope at least a few hickey bobbing champions are in it.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
This Finals is so loving awesome. This is basketball greatness, basketball immortality. HEAT v SPURS II, I keep wetting my pants.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Forbidden Kiss posted:

I don't think she doing this to make money or get rich.

It seems like she was just online all the time and got a rise out of loving with celebrities.

The bar of what is entertaining in Manitoba is pretty low.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Except for 2012 with OKC, every year since 99 the West has either had Spurs/Mavs/Lakers in the Finals.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Except for 2012 with OKC, every year since 99 the West has either had Spurs/Mavs/Lakers in the Finals.

The last time a Western team won the title and wasn't the Lakers or from Texas was 1979.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Metapod posted:

I don't know about that. I think that belongs to Nash

The goofiest thing about Nash's consecutive MVP's is that the year he could have won his 3rd in a row is probably the year that makes the strongest case for him winning, and he didn't. Him beating Shaq was a travesty, and I say that as somebody who dislikes Shaq for how fanastically ignorant and petty he comes off as, and loves Nash.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Nick Young 90s party photos are great specifically due to Steve Nash's outfit choice.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Spacebump posted:

The last time a Western team won the title and wasn't the Lakers or from Texas was 1979.

And that team doesn't exist anymore.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

So much going on here

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Yabba dabba doo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i love that nick young isn't dressing 90s at all and is wearing off white by virgil abloh lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Farmar is really the only one in spirit of 90s dress.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hitze posted:

So much going on here

Go Lakers. e: Swaggy P must stay

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Farmar is the only one who played by the rules or 90s Canada was a lot stranger place than I could have imagined.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Nash is dressed as a character from a '90s live action adaptation of a cartoon from the 1960s. Steve Nash is a weird dude.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Steve Nash got Amar'e and D'antoni some undeserved, fat, post-Suns contracts, in spite of their apostrophes.

That's pretty valuable.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

duodenum posted:

Steve Nash got Amar'e and D'antoni some undeserved, fat, post-Suns contracts, in spite of their apostrophes.

That's pretty valuable.

Those suns teams were pretty good and made back to back WCFs and Nash took them back to the WCF in 2010 and a win away from the finals minus a Jason Richardson box-out against Ron Artest.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Another picture from that party?

Another picture from that party.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I still miss the Nash-Dirk offensive bromance back in the early 2000s. It was right when I started paying attention to basketball and watching with my dad, plus I was like 10 so every pass and play was sicknasty and awesome.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Another picture from that party?

Another picture from that party.

Cousins :love: Wall

Evans is totally the 3rd wheel of this group

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 2, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Summer league tickets went on sale today. I was about to buy them but all the fees and mandatory shipping options end up doubling the price of the tickets. How popular is it normally? Am I safe with just buying it from the box office an hour before the first tip-off?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey guys, you know how you always talk about how Jennings should pass more. I don't think he realizes you mean the basketball
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2014/06/brandon-jennings-nick-young-molly

Swaggy on ecstasy :allears:

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 2, 2014

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Those suns teams were pretty good and made back to back WCFs and Nash took them back to the WCF in 2010 and a win away from the finals minus a Jason Richardson box-out against Ron Artest.

A box-out, another basket, a win in overtime on the road, and then a win in a road game 7 away from the Finals.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey guys, you know how you always talk about how Jennings should pass more. I don't think he realizes you mean the basketball
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2014/06/brandon-jennings-nick-young-molly

Swaggy on ecstasy :allears:

That was an energy drink. That they bought at a gas station.

Actually this explains a lot of what Young does.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Summer league tickets went on sale today. I was about to buy them but all the fees and mandatory shipping options end up doubling the price of the tickets. How popular is it normally? Am I safe with just buying it from the box office an hour before the first tip-off?

Just buy tickets there, the building is always mostly empty.

I wanna do molly and play basketball with Swaggy P so bad.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

chunkles posted:

That was an energy drink. That they bought at a gas station.

Actually this explains a lot of what Young does.
Yeah, sorry buddy but I agree with chunkles here, from what I've heard from various semi-official sources Nick Young and Brandon Jennings openly celebrate the notorious "straight edge" lifestyle alongside noted former New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

To this day my (Canadian) dad is super bitter about Diaw and Stoudemire being suspended in the 2007 playoffs for taking a step off the bench.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

attackmole posted:

To this day my (Canadian) dad is super bitter about Diaw and Stoudemire being suspended in the 2007 playoffs for taking a step off the bench.

He should be more bitter about Horry drilling Nash and not getting a more severe punishment.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Hahaha, even Mike&Mike are going in on how the Thunder don't run an offense. They quoted some stat to the effect of 62/100 possessions for the Thinder ended after 0-1 passes in Game 6.

They also had Antonio Daniels (I don't remember who this is) who outright said it is the coaches fault. Of course, he also said a lot of it would be fixed if they had a :airquote: real :airquote: point guard.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe if they had a real point guard, Brooks can finally find his post-defender for Bigs

(For those that somehow missed it, Derek Fisher for 3 straight possessions late game was guarding Duncan, as designed by the Thunder basically)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He should be more bitter about Horry drilling Nash and not getting a more severe punishment.

Oh, he's full of that too. The man is a wrecking ball of basketball spite.

• Locked thread