Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I don't know how they would know the camera/compass/journal is gone, unless it was something he had sitting on his table out in the open. I lived with a dude in a trailer for 14 months and I couldn't tell you a single thing he owned (or if it was missing)outside of his laptop.

maybe he was planning to steal dudes stuff at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It was so obvious that dude was going to buy it so his platoon had already written out a detailed will / dibs list that ended up doubling as a convenient inventory checksheet

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
peta's running a new campaign linking autism to dairy products, looking forward to measles and polio coming back while kids break bones trying to walk down stairs in 20 years

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

peta's running a new campaign linking autism to dairy products, looking forward to measles and polio coming back while kids break bones trying to walk down stairs in 20 years

my brother-in-law and his wife are anti-vax as gently caress, and were against dairy products before it was cool

he yelled at my wife when she gave his daughter a spoonful of whipped cream off her coffee drink a couple years back

thank god they moved to the south

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

i love milk and i cant talk to girls so uh, maybe read before you laugh at them?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

my brother-in-law and his wife are anti-vax as gently caress, and were against dairy products before it was cool

he yelled at my wife when she gave his daughter a spoonful of whipped cream off her coffee drink a couple years back

thank god they moved to the south

Does this mean your sister is a stupid piece of poo poo? Or is it like your wife's brother's wife?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

POLIO CURES SINS OF THE FATHER

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Does this mean your sister is a stupid piece of poo poo? Or is it like your wife's brother's wife?

My wife's brother.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm OK with us cutting a bunch of old Taliban loose in exchange for a dumb boot. Yeah, he deserted, but the five years in militant custody probably gave him enough time to reconsider that decision. More to the point, we're trying to wind down Afghanistan. We are going to have to do something with all these guys in Gitmo that we nabbed from Afghanistan eventually, and Congress doesn't seem to want to fund anything besides "keep pretending the problem doesn't exist."

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah, he deserted, but the five years in militant custody probably gave him enough time to reconsider that decision

or he got turnt homeland style

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

or he got turnt homeland style

pretty sure he got turnt out by those freaky pashtuns :goatsecx:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
The funniest part is how this kid is gonna have to be sat down and shown the first season of Homeland so he can understand why these CID dickheads keep asking him questions.

That's worse than water boarding, he's hosed.

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.
Woah, homeland is a drat good show. He should be honored.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I refuse to believe that even PETA is capable of that grade of stupidity.

But we should still round them up and send them to the gas chambers for being PETA.

Snatch up Greenpeace while we are at it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
According to swedish media Bergdahl isn't speaking english but instead talking pashtun now? hosed up if true.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Syncopated posted:

According to swedish media Bergdahl isn't speaking english but instead talking pashtun now? hosed up if true.

Well, if he hasn't used english for half a decade he's going to be a bit rusty. And presumably traumatized in one way or the other.

If he's still speaking pashto a few weeks from now it's a *thing*.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Get your official Bergdahl gear today!

http://teespring.com/BoweBergdahlIsATraitor

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CNN published a story about the chilly reception Bergdahl is getting from vets online.

Just to clarify I think getting him back was the right thing to do, and losing 5 irrelevent broken Talibs isn't a big deal. Seriously, look at the amount of prisoners Israel is willing to swap for one of their soldiers. Right wingers are always so keen to talk about how good Israel's antiterrorism model is and how we should be emulating it :laugh:.

After 5 years I'd agree that Bergdahl has probably suffered enough, however he doesn't deserve to come out of this with an honorable discharge, or benefits.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

CNN posted:

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted -- and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn't answer directly. "Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," he said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later."

I mean, at least Hagel gave a reasonable answer and didn't completely suck down the pow war hero story.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The guy should swing, 5 years of captivity would have been enough if it wasn't for the 6 families that are now missing a son because of that wanker turning his collar.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The guy should swing, 5 years of captivity would have been enough if it wasn't for the 6 families that are now missing a son because of that wanker turning his collar.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I unironically wish caro and this guy had swapped places.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Is this something directly tied to him, that would otherwise not have happened? Because there are losses while hunting talibs every year, and I don't imagine we wouldn't have been hunting them regardless?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Legally I think might be hard to make stick. Same goes for proving he aided the enemy outside of a confession.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Is this something directly tied to him, that would otherwise not have happened? Because there are losses while hunting talibs every year, and I don't imagine we wouldn't have been hunting them regardless?

Reading from various sources including that mess of a twitter feed from his old squadmate, yes, it seems that 6 men did indeed die as a direct result of searching for him and maybe another 8 died indirectly because the scheduled closure of a firebase had to be delayed as resources were diverted to look for Bergdahl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kamdesh

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Courthouse posted:

The search required a number of additional patrols which would not have been conducted otherwise. I'd say that makes him directly responsible for their deaths.

^^^ What he said.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Unfortunately he's got the "Suffering must make him a good person" going for him, ala John McCain (Who is nowhere near as much of a shitbag make no mistake).

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Courthouse posted:

They may have been killed regardless of whether or not they were searching for this guy. However, he did 'disappear' and they were killed while searching for him.

Casimir Radon posted:

Unfortunately he's got the "Suffering must make him a good person" going for him, ala John McCain (Who is nowhere near as much of a shitbag make no mistake).

Yeah, McCain sure was a shitbag when refused to be repatriated early despite regular torture. What a loving turd.

vains fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 2, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I hope that the second he lands in the US, R Lee Ermie ties him to a post on the tarmac and shoots him in the loving head, just so deserters know that the US will even trade enemy commanders just to get you back so you can face the music.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pretty exciting viewpoints coming from the guy that's said he'd resign as a PO if they made him carry a firearm. :allears:

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Yeah, McCain sure was a shitbag when refused to be repatriated early despite regular torture. What a loving turd.

Ha, this is my thoughts.. how could you even throw McCain and Bergdahl in the same sentence?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Pretty exciting viewpoints coming from the guy that's said he'd resign as a PO if they made him carry a firearm. :allears:

Maybe I would change my viewpoint if I had to deal with someone that was responsible for the deaths of 6 colleagues. Circumstances are worlds apart though.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 2, 2014

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Maybe I would change my viewpoint if I had to deal with someone that was responsible for the deaths of 6 colleagues.

I'm just havin a chortle m8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm just havin a chortle m8

u wot m8?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kanish posted:

Ha, this is my thoughts.. how could you even throw McCain and Bergdahl in the same sentence?
McCain wouldn't have gotten into the academy or graduated without daddy to smooth things over. He crashed 2 planes before getting shot down, again smoothed over by daddy. When he got out of Vietnam he promptly divorced his first wife (Who got a sweetheart deal apparently) and married a beer heiress who could finance his political career. His political career has been douchy as gently caress but continues to bank on his being a POW. I already said Bergdahl and McCain were related in the loosest of terms.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Oy don't get cheeky

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Courthouse posted:

It's hard to draw direct causation, but read the article about him published in the daily beast. It's written by a guy who served in the unit and details how resources were rerouted, operations changed, and invasive searching pissed off locals.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

McCain wouldn't have gotten into the academy or graduated without daddy to smooth things over. He crashed 2 planes before getting shot down, again smoothed over by daddy. When he got out of Vietnam he promptly divorced his first wife (Who got a sweetheart deal apparently) and married a beer heiress who could finance his political career. His political career has been douchy as gently caress but continues to bank on his being a POW. I already said Bergdahl and McCain were related in the loosest of terms.

How are all these faggoty words from DND remotely relevant to some dude that likely walked off his FOB?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I've heard people say that his status as a POW is over rated because it was a direct result of him not being a very good pilot and getting shot down all the time. I've never flown a plane into combat nor known anyone who has, so I have no idea if that story has any validity to it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

^^^Perhaps a more apt comparison would be if Scott O'Grady had gotten himself locked up instead of hiding out in the woods in shame for a week. Nobody is going to argue that he isn't a douche.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

How are all these faggoty words from DND remotely relevant to some dude that likely walked off his FOB?
I said suffering doesn't make you a good person and made the remotest of comparisons, sorry about your :spergin:.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread