Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Same.

According to the A.V. Club, that scene was to highlight humanity's inherently violent nature, that we must keep at bay through our higher reasoning and logic.

Maybe Tremendous Taste is right after all?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My scum picks are still accurate. Please follow my wisdom if I die.

Follow it if I live too, but at least then I'll be there to press it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh gently caress i thought i was voting meinberg goddamn it, forgot about having to unvote. anyway looking at meinberg's last few posts his motivation for voting jakep again is pretty goddamn waffles (grandicap, :ironicat: ), and his actual post where he votes jakep reads like he's trying to stifle discussion while pretending to invite it. finally now he's trying to deflect conversation to "maybe there isn't scum" and I don't like that play at all. ugh.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Captain Foo posted:

oh gently caress i thought i was voting meinberg goddamn it, forgot about having to unvote. anyway looking at meinberg's last few posts his motivation for voting jakep again is pretty goddamn waffles (grandicap, :ironicat: ), and his actual post where he votes jakep reads like he's trying to stifle discussion while pretending to invite it. finally now he's trying to deflect conversation to "maybe there isn't scum" and I don't like that play at all. ugh.

Nah, I'm sure there is scum. I just feel bad about being a part of the group that lynched our doctor. That said, avoiding a no-hang is likely for the best, and no real targets emerged other than Jake, and I'll acknowledge that the case on him was flimsy at best. Flimsy, though, is better than nothing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sweet 180 bro

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, look, Meinberg and Asiina are still the scum. I am right about everything.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Nah, I'm sure there is scum. I just feel bad about being a part of the group that lynched our doctor. That said, avoiding a no-hang is likely for the best, and no real targets emerged other than Jake, and I'll acknowledge that the case on him was flimsy at best. Flimsy, though, is better than nothing.

Like, really. This is a horrible post. Feigned sadness, while trying to paint it in a good like on the other hand, while not actually using the info from the merk to further another case.

There was another, drat good, target in Asiina, she was at -2 and entirely plausible.

And then distancing himself from the merk in the next breath.

Dude is scummy.
Strike that.

Dude is scum.

If I am alive tomorrow, there will be a vote on Meinberg that will be very unlikely to move for the duration.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the fact that there is a doctor implies that a killing role exists. I'm willing to crack on the no-scum theory but if you've got a town vig I'd ask you to hold it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Meinberg posted:

Ya this is pretty bad

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Kids, did I ever tell you the story about what I had for breakfast?

Eggs! Heh heh heh.

No memory was forgotten during the night.

It is now Day 2
:h: With 8 alive, 5 votes to be forgotten
:d: Day 2 deadline: let's say Wednesday night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TT, are you scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have reason to believe scum withheld their kill last night, but the question is did TT do it himself, or did scum do it to frame him?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Or, you know, I'm right.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gimme whatever possible role could tell you scum withheld a kill and I'll give you my vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not a role. Mod error. I feel bad exploiting it though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Well, now that you've let it out you might as well not half-rear end it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Opopanax posted:

If there was actually a mod error you've already exploited it by mentioning it at all, so you might as well go all out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

If there was actually a mod error you've already exploited it by mentioning it at all, so you might as well go all out.

:respek:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Too many variables and now that I'm running it through my head I may have misinterpreted something. I will sleep on it

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Meinberg was saying there is no scum.. hard to see who could benefit more than him by withholding the kill. :colbert:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey you know how to not let scum benefit if they exist

##vote no murk

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Good idea..

##vote no merk

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Meinberg

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Kids, did I ever tell you the story about what I had for breakfast?

Eggs! Heh heh heh.

No memory was forgotten during the night.

It is now Day 2
:h: With 8 alive, 5 votes to be forgotten
:d: Day 2 deadline: let's say Wednesday night.

There are plenty of reasons for no kill last night, even with a dead doctor. Jumping to the conclusion that there is no scum. Especially with only 1 point of evidence, is silly. Stop being silly.

It could be poison, could be a BP was de-BP'd. Could be a roleblocked kill. It could be a withheld kill. What do we have to gain by no-hanging at this point in the game? Even if this is a game about not destroying an old lady's mind, we can wait for a couple more missing night kills to come to that conclusion.

In summary, don't be dumb. Especially when Meinberg is scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

hey you know how to not let scum benefit if they exist

##vote no murk

How is withholding our only way to combat the scum a good idea? How do you propose we win this game, or get any useful information if we sit on our asses all day. I guess if there is an investigative role (that isn't tracker or watcher because everyone is sitting at home with their fingers up their assess), we could eventually get something. But something has to move the state of the game forward.

I have a friend who plays games like this. He claims a win if the other party concedes. So he will start a game of chess with someone, if he is losing he pulls out an apple and eats it slowly. Ponderously slowly. Eventually it is no longer fun and you concede.
The end result is noone plays games with him anymore.

That is what you are suggesting TT, and agreeing with Juanito. Sucking the fun out of the internet party game, by, when given options on what to do, you lie there like a dead fish.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't think a no-merk is such a bad thing.. we don't have to do it forever. But why not survive while we can. I'm sure there are people doing night ~actions~ so there will probably be useful information.

I really don't mind voting Meinberg, but since nobody has died, he doesn't seem like a big threat.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote meinberg now, I am dubious regarding no-scum and last night's no kill hasn't done anything to dissuade me of that.

Juanito you say meimberg isn't a threat, but how can you tell? Reads like you're trying to deflect votes off a scumbro

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I.e. if you don't mind voting him you should have voted him instead of a weird call that he doesn't seem like a threat or w/e

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Scum isn't a threat as long as they aren't killing anybody.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
You're trying to put a spin on my words.

But hey don't worry, you voting for Meinberg early shows everybody that you are super town for sure.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They are a threat long term though, even if they didn't do anything this round for one reason or another.

Why give up the chance to get an extra shot at them?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
True, as long as we're sure we're not going to vote another town PR.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Scum isn't a threat as long as they aren't killing anybody.

Town can't win if they don't vote.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Yeah, my thought is that there are night actions happening.. probably someone investigating people. So people will probably be cleared. But I'm okay voting scum.

But if Meinberg flips town cop...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Yeah, my thought is that there are night actions happening.. probably someone investigating people. So people will probably be cleared. But I'm okay voting scum.

But if Meinberg flips town cop...

THis is a 9 player game.
A doc already flipped.
There are likely only 0-2 more town power roles probably no more than 1 of which would be investigative.
At worst, there is a 25% chance of hitting a power role. The same as the chance of hitting scum. That should not dissuade you from placing a vote.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

This is the OP currently.

I've been a willing pawn in Ecco's experiments too many times to trust him in a game revolving around dementia. :colbert:

So we vote Meinberg. What if he flips town? What's the plan if there is no nightkill again?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Until we get to 6 or so people I won't consider not voting as a good use of time.

Why did you join if you weren't willing to mafia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Feeling bad about JakeP

• Locked thread