Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's your favorite EXTREME Mountain Dew flavor?
Extreme Original™
Radical Livewire©
Kickstart My rear end
Badass Baby Blood®
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Narbacular NASCAR%
DO THE DEW©™ MOUNTAIN DEW™©®
drink the dew, cole. @michaelcole drink the dew #drinkthedew #dothedew
View Results

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Codependent Poster posted:

He got bought out. And they've been pushing Seth as the guy who was the glue of the team. So it makes a lot of sense, especially when it would have been super obvious to turn Dean.

Dean's horrified look at the betrayal was really great.

This isn't an angle I would have predicted at all but I like the potential it has. It's a shame to see the end of The Shield as a group but they're pretty much going down in the record book as the most consistently dominant faction in WWE for a VERY long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

first hour was good
Also the Usos Wyatt's match was fine

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

So are they going to put Seth in MITB or are they going to do a tag match and make him look like a loving idiot who sold way too low?

This is WWE sooo....

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

they literally spoiled the Dean turn in WWE magazine

hahah what was this?

But for now gonna go listen to sad music and also the shield theme on loop in my bedroom while crying

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Evolution always needed a flippy element.

That was heartbreaking. Good job, WWE!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blasmeister posted:

I hate that it had to end, and maybe one day they'll get back together. But I think Dean's complete look of shock at him not being the one to stab them all in the back made it worth it.

"What the—I was still getting my paperwork cleared! SETH, YOU BASTARD!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

hahah what was this?

WWE magazine called Dean Ambrose the former partner of Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Fiveace Attorney posted:

No see he threw himself off a titantron and legit pinned one of these guys with his finisher on purpose, all a trap, he had you alll fooled etc whatever

IMO, the best explanation they could do is that Rollins was always able to be bought out, HHH just had to find out what it was. It leaves him with a mercenary streak that could help him character-wise.

It seems abrupt to break them up, but uh ... after beating Evolution, who do they have left to feud against? This continues the feud and throws a new twist into it. But otherwise, they'd jsut be out there squashing 3 heel jobbers a night and people would stop caring.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I guess they decided to change something up, too bad it involved the best faction, and every other thing is the same old poo poo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

hahah what was this?

Dean talked about his "former partners" in the magazine. They probably wrote & had that set up ages ago, when The Shield was first going to break up.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
wow, where do the shield go from here? I really don't see them adding a new member

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evolution got an upgrade and it frees up Roman. The Seth and Dean feud will be great as well.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
When Seth Rollins hit Reigns with the chair, it was like the ref hitting the 3rd count on Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

man I'll bet Batista feels really stupid right now

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I was warned a while back not to use :russo: until I see something that's actually really bad.

This was definitely a :russo: moment. Sorry, but I can't believe that in less than 24 hours that the guy who jumped off Titantrons to win for his team was just outright bought out. It's just dumb.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Dude does not fit the Shield at all

He's similar to Seth in workrate and babyface fire, I actually think they could make it work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Dean's horrified look at the betrayal was really great.

This isn't an angle I would have predicted at all but I like the potential it has. It's a shame to see the end of The Shield as a group but they're pretty much going down in the record book as the most consistently dominant faction in WWE for a VERY long time.

There was nothing left for them to do, really. They proved they were the best faction in WWE and pretty much unstoppable. So breaking them up is the next logical step.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seth rollins, you can go to hell.

Straight to hell

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
...We get to see Seth sell a Spear.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really don't want Seth to join Evolution, just let him be a singles guy or whatever

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Does this mean Seth won't be wearing the swat gear anymore?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They call up Sami Zeyn and have him be the new member.

I don't know how they'd book it, but... gently caress it, that would be fantastic.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Why did they hang out in the ring so long? Awkward.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's pretty obvious that HHH backed up a truckful of money/power/women/hairdye to Seth's house in the last 24 hours rather than some sleeper agent poo poo. He realised that as a team they were unbeatable, so he had to split them

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

wow, where do the shield go from here? I really don't see them adding a new member

Bourne has been gone for months, practicing SSP's in a tac vest.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Valeyard posted:

I really don't want Seth to join Evolution, just let him be a singles guy or whatever

In Evolution is the only way he'll actually get to be effective as a heel.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Shame it sounded like a totally non climactic moment. Bummed at the breakup since it seems kinda nonsensical. It had more tension when they were on a bit of a skid. Eh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

Evolution got an upgrade and it frees up Roman. The Seth and Dean feud will be great as well.

I get the feeling Evolution is done as a thing, it's just going to be Triple H's handpicked goons Randy Orton and Seth Rollins.

I am terrified they're going to drop the ball here, but there's literally nothing else to be done.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

"What the—I was still getting my paperwork cleared! SETH, YOU BASTARD!"

This rivalry has reached the boiling point!

Ambrose vs. Paperwork at Hell in a Cell!

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

When Seth Rollins hit Reigns with the chair, it was like the ref hitting the 3rd count on Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

The world is fundamentally different now. Who do we have to believe in. :smith:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Prozach posted:

This was definitely a :russo: moment. Sorry, but I can't believe that in less than 24 hours that the guy who jumped off Titantrons to win for his team was just outright bought out. It's just dumb.

It's not :russo: to believe that HHH saw he couldn't win so he bought off Rollins.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is there any reason to think they're going to put fun loving goofy guy sami zayn in the shield?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
So ends one of the most entertaining stables of the last years.

In a couple of months Seth will be the new mid-card jobber and have matches against Del Rio or Kofi.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
guys guys guys... i got a great idea.

Cena joins the Shield.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Idk Zayn's like a pure as snow babyface, I cant see him being on the dark brooding vigilante team even if theyre faces

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Striking Yak posted:

The world is fundamentally different now. Who do we have to believe in. :smith:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It's going to be really cool after a year or two of singles work when one of them is getting beat down by the big heel of the day, then the "SIERRA HOTEL INDIGO" theme hits for the first time in ages and the other two run in to make the save with a nuclear crowd pop.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Prozach posted:

I was warned a while back not to use :russo: until I see something that's actually really bad.

Sorry Ted DiBiase once said that everybody has a price and I trust his word more than yours

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
The discussion thread is going to be an epic this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

seth rollins is good at making mean faces

• Locked thread