Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yeah, I know. Trying not to completely spoil it- I like AC too much. Going for three medals on the joker's carnival is still too much for me, though.

It just occurred to me that Sickle and Hammer are probably going to appear in AK, rejoined, and working for Two-Face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Arkham City is packed with little details that take multiple replays to pick up. It's another reason I can't wait for Arkham Knight. One of my favorites is when Batman rescues Vickie Vale in a shot-for-shot manner like in Tim Burton's Batman. Hearing all the snippets of goon dialog throughout the game, seeing goons repurpose their costumes when they change sides, etc. I can't wait to play and replay Arkham Knight just to pick up all the little details.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There are also the stupid goons who lurk outside of Poison Ivy's old florist shop early in the game. If you come back later, they've been killed by the plants.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Woah, I never noticed that. People who are controlled by Ivy can recover, if I remember AA correctly- where are the bodies by the plant shop, and when do they appear?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They're by Baudelaire. It's west of the front of Two-Face's courthouse. They should be there at the beginning of the game and they die fairly early on, I think.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah whenever I explain to people why I love Arkham City so much a big part of it is because every play through feels fresh. Same reason I like Psychonauts and Hot Fuzz.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This probably won't surprise anyone, but Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-for-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-delayed-to-2015/1100-6420046/

Along with this news comes the reveal of what is either the Batmobile's defensive mode or a new game mode called Battle Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AykgIIWdPM

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 3, 2014

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This probably won't surprise anyone, but Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-for-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-delayed-to-2015/1100-6420046/

Along with this news comes the reveal of what is either the Batmobile's defensive mode or a new game mode called Battle Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AykgIIWdPM

"We just want to make this the best experience that we can, and that takes time,"

I am completely okay with this.

Also holy poo poo, for someone who hates guns, his car is armed to the teeth!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Keeku posted:

"We just want to make this the best experience that we can, and that takes time,"

Rubber bullets. Promise.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Keeku posted:

Same. I was actually kind of hoping for a delay since Origins and its DLC quenched my Arkham thirst but wasn't quite as satisfying as Rocksteady's games. Now I can spend more of the intervening time playing other games and getting more excited for this game.

I couldn't help but think the same thing when that surface-to-air chaingun popped out. The Batmobilie in the comics can work just by being a sweet ride, but when you're dealing with games and movies I guess you have to stretch Batman's "no guns" code to its limits in the service of an action sequence (see: the Batwing in Burton's Batman, the Tumbler in Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, the Batpod in The Dark Knight, and the Bat in The Dark Knight Rises).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MeatwadIsGod posted:

the Batwing in Burton's Batman

To be fair, Burton's Batman didn't give a poo poo who he killed.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I'll take the delay. It gives me more time to upgrade my desktop, because holy poo poo that looks like it'll shred my current setup.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I don't mind guns on the Batmobile - it's clear they would be for destroying cover and buildings and such.

Or robots. Not like the series hasn't had them.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I brought this up in the BSS thread, but I'm curious if the Batmobile will factor into Predator rooms at all. I picture it like this: You're in a building or maybe doing an outdoor Predator section. One of your available gadgets is the Batmobile. You put it into Intimidate mode a la The Dark Knight and it shoots a missile into a nearby wall to scare and distract goons. It could have only one use per room like the Static Shock Batarang so it doesn't nerf the difficulty.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm hoping more for something like Burnout's crash mode or Red Faction Guerilla's demolition mode myself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Phylodox posted:

To be fair, Burton's Batman didn't give a poo poo who he killed.

Neither did Nolan's Batman. Just look at both of the al Ghuls.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They were all just big fans of Golden Age Batman :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm curious if the Batmobile will factor into Predator rooms at all.

Yes, it will.

redbackground posted:

the Batmobile follows you indoors for predator sections, and you can see it jumping from gargoyle to gargoyle right behind you.

Jerusalem posted:

Thug examines gargoyle with his thermal goggles, illuminating the Batmobile see-sawing wildly atop it.

"He ain't here!"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
:3:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Baleman gets a pass because he lawyered his way out of it. BatKeaton actively tried (and occasionally succeeded) to kill dudes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Thug examines gargoyle with his thermal goggles, illuminating the Batmobile see-sawing wildly atop it.
I've wanted someone to draw this ever since I read it the first time.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 3, 2014

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's right up there with that post about having sentient gargoyles that rat you out.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's right up there with that post about having sentient gargoyles that rat you out.

Once Disney or Warner Bros. buys the other out in a few years we can have an actual Batman/Gargoyles crossover.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nah, the batmobile is a separate character in challenge mode. Predator mode is hard- it's tricky to sneak up on goons when you can't fit into most hallways. Combat challenges are the real problem, though- the goons just keep diving out of the way!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I still think Knight is just going to be a fear toxin induced hallucination, which is lame. Its also going to cause carpal tunnel for PC gamers if the batmobile has all those armaments. No one will follow Batman's rules

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Trickjaw posted:

I still think Knight is just going to be a fear toxin induced hallucination, which is lame. Its also going to cause carpal tunnel for PC gamers if the batmobile has all those armaments. No one will follow Batman's rules
I'm sure there will be one "fire weapon" button and the game will pick which weapon is appropriate for what.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I used to think the Batmobile was overkill against goons (even masses of them), but a couple screenshots were released today show that Arkham Knight has loving tanks at his disposal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Arkham Knight Rises.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Battlefield: Arkham

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Batman wakes up at the end of the game. Alfred is waiting with tea. "Bad dream, sir?" "I dreamt I was fighting a dark, twisted version of myself. There were tanks and quadcopters and foul-weather fowl. And you were there! Oh, it's good to be home, Butler A! It's good to be home."

It was all a dream :ghost:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I used to think the Batmobile was overkill against goons (even masses of them), but a couple screenshots were released today show that Arkham Knight has loving tanks at his disposal.

Good lord, it's like they're going full comic book-retarded for their last outing with Batman. How many hours d'you think the game'll take before Bats is divebombing from/into those helicopter drones? :allears:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Batman wakes up at the end of the game. Alfred is waiting with tea. "Bad dream, sir?" "I dreamt I was fighting a dark, twisted version of myself. There were tanks and quadcopters and foul-weather fowl. And you were there! Oh, it's good to be home, Butler A! It's good to be home."

But then it turns out that It was a dream in a dream and Alfred is trying to steal Batman's memories to build a clone army.

Wait.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

They should actually do this like ten minutes into the game and have the real game be silver age era content.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

If it were possible to give a good videogame rendition of the old animated series ep, "Perchance to Dream", it would make a great capstone to the Mad Hatter's arc in the final game in the series.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The weather in Gotham is always shifty. Makes sense with Scarecrow being in it that its set at Halloween, maybe some more old friends can come out to play like calendar man, or a rethought Holiday?

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
I almost can't believe how good that game looked during the Sony press conference. Wow!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Toasta posted:

I almost can't believe how good that game looked during the Sony press conference. Wow!

The rain and wind effects during gliding really blew me away. I'm assuming the game was demoed on PC, but I'm hoping the PS4 version looks good. As much as I liked the Batmobile in Pursuit Mode, I'll probably only use Battle Mode when the game requires it. The gliding and skylines looked so drat pretty that I won't have a problem gliding and grappling all over the place even if it takes a lot longer.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Looks like there is a mini Batcave outpost setup in Wonder Tower so you can glide anywhere just by walking out onto the balcony. And actually make that glide that wasn't possible in City finally.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The rain and wind effects during gliding really blew me away. I'm assuming the game was demoed on PC, but I'm hoping the PS4 version looks good. As much as I liked the Batmobile in Pursuit Mode, I'll probably only use Battle Mode when the game requires it. The gliding and skylines looked so drat pretty that I won't have a problem gliding and grappling all over the place even if it takes a lot longer.

Actually I believe the mission shown was one of the PS-exclusive ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

BreakAtmo posted:

Actually I believe the mission shown was one of the PS-exclusive ones.

If that was PS4 footage, then I'm drat sure buying a PS4 for this game. Even though I didn't particularly care for Oracle's voice actor in the previous games, I liked her more than the new one. The new one sounds much younger and less hardened somehow.

• Locked thread