Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Next week they're getting the guy from Deus Ex to throw it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Can we seriously not have a big long arguement about how offensive "throws like a girl" is or is not because holy hell is that ever not going to be any fun to read.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Phil why do you keep investing all your level up points on Vertical Finger Pointing

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MourningView posted:

Can we seriously not have a big long arguement about how offensive "throws like a girl" is or is not because holy hell is that ever not going to be any fun to read.

I didn't mean to start anything, sorry.

On the topic of guys throwing the first pitch, Manziel's throwing the first pitch tomorrow. He's no Robocop, but nobody can be.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Denard Robinson barely got it halfway to the catcher, that was a good one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Next week they're getting the guy from Deus Ex to throw it out

Did they ask him or are they just making him show up?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
JFF is way cooler than some loving tin can with a gun

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
That poor dude is going to get heatstroke

"@tigers: RoboCop has arrived...
http://t.co/rSTNqc9s0I http://t.co/AqA7xy0do1"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Crion posted:

Price should miss a start but I'm not going to sit around pretending the Rays are the main bad actors here, no matter how much Boston's pushing that Price hitting Ortiz was actually retaliation for last year or some nonsense. Workman got suspended because he threw behind a guy and up near his head.

It's Price not getting a game, even though he "admitted" (in a wink and nod sort of way) that he deliberately drilled Ortiz with a 94 mph fastball, that has me grouchy. Workman getting suspended for throwing behind Longoria's back, okay fine it was dumb pay the price. Though I wish they'd announced earlier than the day before his next start. I'm sure he'll appeal though so that'll be pretty inconsequential.

Edit: Wil Myers out two months with a broken wrist. RIP Rays.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Can someone please explain why the "Super Two" deadline doesn't creep later and later each year the same way that states try and gently caress with each other on voting first in a primary?

As I understand Super Two, there's no "deadline," but rather a generally accepted guideline of when a rookie, if called up, wouldn't have enough service time remaining in the year to be in the top x% of rookies that year.

Given that, wouldn't a bunch of teams all be reluctant to make the first promotion, since it's to their advantage to wait for all the other teams to move first?

Is it just that there are enough teams with deep enough pockets/immediate competitive needs that they don't care about gaming Super Two?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

David Ortiz is a dumb loser idiot

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Quest For Glory II posted:

PED User David Ortiz is a dumb loser idiot

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Good facial hair tho

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FairGame posted:

Can someone please explain why the "Super Two" deadline doesn't creep later and later each year the same way that states try and gently caress with each other on voting first in a primary?

As I understand Super Two, there's no "deadline," but rather a generally accepted guideline of when a rookie, if called up, wouldn't have enough service time remaining in the year to be in the top x% of rookies that year.

Given that, wouldn't a bunch of teams all be reluctant to make the first promotion, since it's to their advantage to wait for all the other teams to move first?

Is it just that there are enough teams with deep enough pockets/immediate competitive needs that they don't care about gaming Super Two?

Teams only care about super two status with the prospects that are supposed to be really good and make a bunch of money in arb. When the Twins called up Michael Tonkin in April they didn't give a poo poo because if/when he hits super two he'll make like 750k instead of 500k. If George Springer hits super two then he'll be making 5-ish million (I think? Someone else will know better what he'd hit in Arb1 if he plays up to expectations).

So the reason Super Two doesn't constantly get later is because all the org filler prospects keep getting called up at a normal rate.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Quest For Glory II posted:

David Ortiz is a dumb loser idiot

But he said gently caress on live tv.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Pay a GM to field an entire team of rookies to skew the numbers.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

howe_sam posted:

But he said gently caress on live tv.

And the FCC Chairman tweeted afterwards to say it was all cool!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

IcePhoenix posted:

Justin Morneau starting the ASG in Target Field for the NL would be the biggest kick to the balls :(

This would actually be awesome, if there was an entire all-star team of Minnesota Twins castaways. Who is there besides Ortiz/Morneau/Liriano/Garza?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctaFun posted:

This would actually be awesome, if there was an entire all-star team of Minnesota Twins castaways. Who is there besides Ortiz/Morneau/Liriano/Garza?

Cuddyer was an all-star (and in the dinger derby) last year. Hunter was an all-star for the Angels and Tigers.

I don't know that they count as castaways though.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

e: Delmon Dogg! gently caress I forgot he was traded for Garza

LaTroy Hawkins has been a superb reliever for years and if you take out his numbers as a MIN starter, he's even better.

Also,

IcePhoenix posted:

Teams only care about super two status with the prospects that are supposed to be really good and make a bunch of money in arb. When the Twins called up Michael Tonkin in April they didn't give a poo poo because if/when he hits super two he'll make like 750k instead of 500k. If George Springer hits super two then he'll be making 5-ish million (I think? Someone else will know better what he'd hit in Arb1 if he plays up to expectations).

So the reason Super Two doesn't constantly get later is because all the org filler prospects keep getting called up at a normal rate.

duh, of course. Thanks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Don't forget JJ Hardy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LaTroy Hawkins was a superb reliever in Minnesota, too, when he wasn't closing.

tadashi posted:

Don't forget JJ Hardy.

On that note, I didn't even notice Gomez wasn't on the original list because he's as obvious as Ortiz :negative:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well if we're counting guys that were traded to the Twins, then Joe Nathan makes the list.

e: AJP and Lohse are originals!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

You could field a pretty competent team of Ex Twins.

C: AJ Pierzynski
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Alexei Casilla??
SS: JJ Hardy
3B: Nick Punto
LF: Michael Cuddyer
CF: Carlos Gomez
RF: Torii Hunter

SP: Matt Garza
SP: Francisco Liriano
SP: R.A. Dickey
SP: Kyle Lohse
SP: Scott Baker

RP: Joe Nathan
RP: Pat Neshek
RP: relievers are hard

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JackssWastedLife posted:

And the FCC Chairman tweeted afterwards to say it was all cool!
Ortiz is immune to criticism even from regulators, amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor posted:

To be fair you could probably do this for a lot of teams.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

To be fair you could probably do this for a lot of teams.

Yeah but twins fans use the "No One Wants To Play Here" excuse the most outside of basketball fans

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor posted:

Yeah but twins fans use the "No One Wants To Play Here" excuse the most outside of basketball fans

1: I'm not sure how that's relevant, and 2: I'm not sure I've heard that before. At least not to the extent that would classify it as more than any other fanbase that does it.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Politicalrancor posted:

Hey look it's basically the team that won a bunch of divisional championships and then got stomped by the 2000s Yankees juggernaut.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Politicalrancor posted:

I've always heard that more from Mariners fans than Twins fans.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

IcePhoenix posted:

Did they ask him or are they just making him show up?

"I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS."

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

N: Cubs forced to call-up Eli Whiteside to replace Welington Castillo. That means their 2 catchers are the moment are John Baker and Eli Whiteside.

V: :suicide: Cubs are the worst.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Politicalrancor posted:

Well that team is only better than the current Twins team at 1B,SS,LF,CF,RF,SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The greatest day in the history of our sport.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

DoctaFun posted:

Well that team is only better than the current Twins team at 1B,SS,LF,CF,RF,SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4.

swap 1B and C, Mauer's a first baseman now

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
Kurt Suzuki might be a better catcher than A.J. Pierzynski is now because he's having some weird-rear end career year

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is MiLB.tv a thing worth getting these days? It seems like almost every AAA and AA team has coverage now, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh it's lame new robocop? gently caress that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Peter Weller is all busy teaching art history and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Robocop sucks. This is a catastrophe.

• Locked thread