Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

ImpAtom posted:

Alex Wesker vs Jake Wesker in a kung-fu DMC-style spinoff.

Joking aside, I bet one of them is Claire. She was noticeably absent from RE6 and there were rumors she was going to get a DLC that never panned out.
Honestly, that's probably the most likely product of this rumor. That is, if there's anything behind it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Lunethex posted:

With all of you who own ORC on PS3, which I do too, we could probably put together an LP of it finally :downs:

I'm scared you'll make another RE game look really fun, just to find out I'm total garbage at it :(

I tried the demo of 6 a few times and I just can't have fun with it, everything is just so drat clunky.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ImpAtom posted:

Alex Wesker vs Jake Wesker in a kung-fu DMC-style spinoff.

Joking aside, I bet one of them is Claire. She was noticeably absent from RE6 and there were rumors she was going to get a DLC that never panned out.

Im surprised that they made her so useless in RE:Degeneration. She did all that action movie hero stuff in Code Veronica and 2 and in the movie she doesn't really do much of anything.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Lunethex posted:

With all of you who own ORC on PS3, which I do too, we could probably put together an LP of it finally :downs:

I would be up for this, if only because I can't muster up the enthusiasm to play past the 2nd chapter alone. I need people to shout at, damnit!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I hope you fuckers are ready for the triumphant return of Bruce McGivern!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Momomo posted:

I'm scared you'll make another RE game look really fun, just to find out I'm total garbage at it :(

I tried the demo of 6 a few times and I just can't have fun with it, everything is just so drat clunky.

There's no making ORC look fun, not even me.

Until I glitch the game out and fall into bottomless pits :smug:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I would be up for this, if only because I can't muster up the enthusiasm to play past the 2nd chapter alone. I need people to shout at, damnit!

We'll play on professional. I'll be the one yelling at you all for getting me killed and making me do the QTEs, like evading Birkin in the first chapter or having to solo Nemesis :mad:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ImpAtom posted:

I'd like it to be Claire, as it's about time, but Darkside Chronicles might disqualify her from the "ten years" thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I'd like it to be Claire, as it's about time, but Darkside Chronicles might disqualify her from the "ten years" thing.

True, so would Mercenaries 3DS.

On the other hand it's sort of hard to imagine any characters who don't fall into the Chronicles or Mercenaries loophole, at least in terms of returning characters. Both Rebecca and Claire (who would be the most likely choices) have appeared in both of those.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ImpAtom posted:

True, so would Mercenaries 3DS.

On the other hand it's sort of hard to imagine any characters who don't fall into the Chronicles or Mercenaries loophole, at least in terms of returning characters. Both Rebecca and Claire (who would be the most likely choices) have appeared in both of those.

Clearly it's Ashley Graham. Back to cause havok with her ballistics.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

Wow really? But let me guess, you guys have it on ps3.

Never had any troubles with it, though the online was entirely unplayable for me, it was a total lag-fest.

What's wrong with the 360 ver of ORC anyway?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Resident Evil: Revelations is 66% off on green man gaming in the states at least. $17 rather than a crazy $50. If anyone still plays Revelations feel free to add me on steam. Broose

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Wanderer posted:

If they mean from when RE6 came out in 2012, 2002 saw the release of Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil Gaiden so Rebecca Chambers+Billy Cohen+Barry Burton+Lucia. I say this though because in 2004 the only RE was a mobile truncation of RE1 for cell phones as Outbreak 2. I actually never played Outbreak 2 but IIRC didn't all of those characters end up not being alive or really in the zombie hunting profession afterwards?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 3, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure nobody has acknowledged Lucia or Resident Evil Gaiden at all, especially considering Leon is kinda-possibly dead at the end of it.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Alteisen posted:

Never had any troubles with it, though the online was entirely unplayable for me, it was a total lag-fest.

What's wrong with the 360 ver of ORC anyway?

Nothing, just that everyone has the ps3 version and I don't, which is frustrating.

Though really, honest to god if someone is going to LP it, I'll happily be the medic responsible for healing your dumb asses. I have a bit of income coming up so if we absolutely must, I could be persuaded to get it for ps3 along with a compatible mic. (Don't think my 360 turtle beaches or my usb mic for the pc works. Unless I'm mistaken)

Edit: I'm up for a game of ORC with 360 goons. DuCkSPANKER is my gt, if someone wants to organize something tonight.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

Nothing, just that everyone has the ps3 version and I don't, which is frustrating.

Though really, honest to god if someone is going to LP it, I'll happily be the medic responsible for healing your dumb asses. I have a bit of income coming up so if we absolutely must, I could be persuaded to get it for ps3 along with a compatible mic. (Don't think my 360 turtle beaches or my usb mic for the pc works. Unless I'm mistaken)

Edit: I'm up for a game of ORC with 360 goons. DuCkSPANKER is my gt, if someone wants to organize something tonight.

Do you have the DLC? I might pull the trigger on it if I can get someone to play it with me.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Alteisen posted:

Do you have the DLC? I might pull the trigger on it if I can get someone to play it with me.

I do indeed. The story is hardly there, but there's plenty to riff on and one honestly fun and thrilling section.1

Gamertag? I'll hop on and send you a message. anyone else wanting in just send one to me.

Edit: Or list yours here and I'll take care of it. Moved my laptop nearby.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 3, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Woo. Hate to double post but just joined some randoms for the final mission. Finally killed leon by turning on painkiller and rushing him with a juggernaut along with my ally.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Alternatively if you choose to save Leon you can kill him in around 3 pistol headshots versus the ten thousand .50cal headshots he takes when you opt to fight him :shepface:

e.

courtesy of rumrusher who drew art during a stream where I found that out.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 3, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Rumrusher is the best guy to have in your streams, seriously.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Neo Rasa posted:

If they mean from when RE6 came out in 2012, 2002 saw the release of Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil Gaiden so Rebecca Chambers+Billy Cohen+Barry Burton+Lucia. I say this though because in 2004 the only RE was a mobile truncation of RE1 for cell phones as Outbreak 2. I actually never played Outbreak 2 but IIRC didn't all of those characters end up not being alive or really in the zombie hunting profession afterwards?

Let's also not forget that since the CG movies are part of the continuity then Claire was last heard from in 2006 for Degeneration. Here's hoping for another STARS reunion, with super-grizzled Old Man Barry and Dr. Rebecca Chambers, PhD

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Barry was a Mercs character, so wouldn't that rule him out?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Like I said, if that guy is accurate, I'm pretty sure he isn't referring to Mercenaries or Chronicles or else there really isn't a character who works.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

So who would be down to play ORC for an LP on PS3? If you need to unlock stuff there's an infinite EXP glitch on the very first chapter of the umbrella campaign involving cameras. Just destroy all of them leading up to a certain checkpoint and the last camera is after that checkpoint. You destroy it, get 500 EXP, and suicide with nearby explosives to repeat.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lunethex posted:

So who would be down to play ORC for an LP on PS3? If you need to unlock stuff there's an infinite EXP glitch on the very first chapter of the umbrella campaign involving cameras. Just destroy all of them leading up to a certain checkpoint and the last camera is after that checkpoint. You destroy it, get 500 EXP, and suicide with nearby explosives to repeat.

Man, I really don't want to drop 10 bucks on a copy of a ORC, but I am tempted. When are you thinking of doing it?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Lunethex posted:

I'd be down, but I should probably buy the game first :v:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lunethex posted:

So who would be down to play ORC for an LP on PS3?

I don't have a PS3, but please post in here when the LP starts!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's tempting to buy ORC again for that but I think four times is enough.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

I do indeed. The story is hardly there, but there's plenty to riff on and one honestly fun and thrilling section.1

Gamertag? I'll hop on and send you a message. anyone else wanting in just send one to me.

Edit: Or list yours here and I'll take care of it. Moved my laptop nearby.

Oh sweet, I'll regrab the game this week and get the DLC, my GT is AchyHippo

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I'm more than willing to when I can. Depends on how soon you plan on it, I suppose.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Lunethex posted:

I'm up for that, though I don't have the DLC. Add dwstatic on PSN.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I figured I'll see who can play and we'll come up with something after that. If I had 3 other people right now I'd say let's start on Sunday, June 8.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Well I'm on PS3 and only have half the Echo Six DLC. Gonna need to see if I can transfer my data over to my new PS3 first though, and I don't know if my headset still works. If things work out I might grab the DLC.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Although, alternatively, it'd be far easier for me to use my laptop's mic and speak over a skype call. I don't know anything about audio for LP's though so I don't know if that'd work for you or if everyone else would have an issue with it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

All you need is to download Audacity and record yourself with that. We can all talk fine in a skype call.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If you guys were on 360 I could join to at least justify some of the DLC purchases I made for that game.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Playing as Chris in RE1 is a lot harder than I remembered. How did I put up with that poo poo :negative:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Castor Poe posted:

Playing as Chris in RE1 is a lot harder than I remembered. How did I put up with that poo poo :negative:

Seriously. The whole time you're just running back and forth between objectives because you don't have the inventory space for all those damned keys.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Send a PM to me on PSN at Lunethex if you want in on the ORC LP! Or a friend request. That works too.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Castor Poe posted:

Are you playing the Director's Cut? poo poo gets even more real. I don't think I ever beat it with Chris, it was just so loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mogomra posted:

Seriously. The whole time you're just running back and forth between objectives because you don't have the inventory space for all those damned keys.

It's loving ridiculous. Playing as Chris is such a frustrating soul-sucking experience.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Are you playing the Director's Cut? poo poo gets even more real. I don't think I ever beat it with Chris, it was just so loving hard.

Yep, but I'm playing on Standard Mode though.

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 4, 2014