Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I Before E posted:

Green at Mania, Red at ER, and Blue at Payback. None of this guy's elemental attacks are working.

He's clearly an Earth elemental. If he wore brown he'd be champion by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave looked awesome last night. Blue is a tough color to wear and he nailed it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think the real question is does he dress himself? Since that's what he blamed the Royal Rumble travesty on.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
When he came out in his Mega Man Power Armor, I thought "The 'Tiste" was just loving with people for the internet reactions. Now I am unsure if he was, or still is. :ohdear:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

pressedbunny posted:

It wasn't so much the colour that got me, it was the Jeff Hardy arm things and the knee socks. Does he keep forgetting to bring his own ring gear and has to piece something together out of the lost & found every night?

Those were leg warmers genius smark.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It wouldn't have been so jarring if Randy had busted out his red trunks or something, and honestly, Evolution being in bright colours might've been a nice contrast, but when the other 5 guys are in black, and you're wearing those forearm things along with an incongruous colour scheme? You're looking for attention. Dave's that girl who finds out what her friends are wearing and deliberately wears a much shorter skirt, in a clashing colour.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Gaz-L posted:

It wouldn't have been so jarring if Randy had busted out his red trunks or something, and honestly, Evolution being in bright colours might've been a nice contrast, but when the other 5 guys are in black, and you're wearing those forearm things along with an incongruous colour scheme? You're looking for attention. Dave's that girl who finds out what her friends are wearing and deliberately wears a much shorter skirt, in a clashing colour.

You mean to tell me that a person that performs in front of thousands of people wants attention

Holy poo poo bro

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What can I say, I'm insightful.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This new kayfabe is too much for me man.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Goddamnit, I can't post in the right thread to save my life.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Drew McIntyre soothes the hurt.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Dave looked awesome last night. Blue is a tough color to wear and he nailed it.

this is the absolute correct opinion, Big Dave looked great even if it was not in line with his team's choice of colors

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They all should have worn different colors. A rainbow coalition.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Orton even has red trunks lying around. We've seen them. I feel like it's he who dropped the ball, not Batista.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's a good thing Brodus isn't much of a worker, I guess.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I hope he just keeps posting it in different formats until he's got some kind of massive ASCII picture of himself made out of tweets or something.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

roman reigns' blood is on your hands, jimmy

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

This is all just a long con to revive Age of the Fall right?

Right...?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Kifisonfire posted:

Right...?

Rollins did name drop Necro Butcher in a website interview

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kifisonfire posted:

Right...?

This is all part of Delirious' 14 year plan to finally defeat Evan Bourne.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solomonic posted:

roman reigns' blood is on your hands, jimmy

He still cares :swoon:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

He still cares :swoon:

I wish Jimmy Jacobs could be in the WWE because he's real good

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yuriy posted:

I wish Jimmy Jacobs could be in the WWE because he's real good

I would honestly lose my poo poo if Jimmy came into the wwe. I miss that dude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

I would honestly lose my poo poo if Jimmy came into the wwe. I miss that dude.

You should watch ROH TV then he's on most weeks!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jimmy Jacobs is a cool dude but he stands next to no chance of ever succeeding in the WWE. He's as indy as it gets.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jimmy Jacobs is a cool dude but he stands next to no chance of ever succeeding in the WWE. He's as indy as it gets.

People said the same thing about Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Several WWE wrestlers are already doing superkicks as transitional moves and the biggest ascending stars are ex-indie guys. The time for indieriffic guys is ripe in WWE. Get Jimmy some lifts and stick him in some trashbag pants.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

People said the same thing about Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson.

I'm not talking about main event success. I'm talking about any success. He's small without being flashy. He's a bit haggard. He's capable of a good promo but 90% of them are poo poo or done in a way that's never going to work in WWE.

Bryan was/is the greatest wrestler in the world. Rollins is about half a foot taller than Jacobs. I love Jimmy Jacobs on the indies but that guy has less than zero chance in WWE because he cannot stand out at all. He could maybe get over as a shitheel manager, but that's about it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm not talking about main event success. I'm talking about any success. He's small without being flashy. He's a bit haggard. He's capable of a good promo but 90% of them are poo poo or done in a way that's never going to work in WWE.

Bryan was/is the greatest wrestler in the world. Rollins is about half a foot taller than Jacobs. I love Jimmy Jacobs on the indies but that guy has less than zero chance in WWE because he cannot stand out at all. He could maybe get over as a shitheel manager, but that's about it.

He has gotten several WWE tryouts including one in 2011 and maybe another more recent - the "look" I think Jamie Noble arranged for him that he has talked about in his ROH Career DVD and his Kevin Steen shoot. Even he says chances of him getting signed are hopeless.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, there's some guys who I think could do great in the WWE if they re-evaluate their physical standards like Steen (who's prob getting signed anyway), but not every talented indie guy is necessarily a good fit there either.

The Bucks are possibly the best tag team in the world right now and part of what makes them so fun is that they're basically the antithesis of "WWE Style".

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

Yeah, there's some guys who I think could do great in the WWE if they re-evaluate their physical standards like Steen (who's prob getting signed anyway), but not every talented indie guy is necessarily a good fit there either.

The Bucks are possibly the best tag team in the world right now and part of what makes them so fun is that they're basically the antithesis of "WWE Style".

How the gently caress does steen get signed after they fire hero supposedly for having weight problems.

Don't get me wrong I love steen, but if there's a top tier guy on the indies with a less WWE body I haven't seen him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bobtista posted:

How the gently caress does steen get signed after they fire hero supposedly for having weight problems.

Don't get me wrong I love steen, but if there's a top tier guy on the indies with a less WWE body I haven't seen him.

Hero is skinny fat, Steen is just fat. They can get behind big fat bruisers.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bobtista posted:

I thought the big problem was that Hero was lazy and didn't hit the gym?

Steen at least seems to have made an effort to slim down

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yeah, I think it's a perceived effort thing. Hero supposedly blew off the weight trainers or didn't "put his time in" exercising and developed a bad rep. Bo Dallas has a bit of a fat on him and he's still on RAW.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Tato posted:

Yeah, I think it's a perceived effort thing. Hero supposedly blew off the weight trainers or didn't "put his time in" exercising and developed a bad rep. Bo Dallas has a bit of a fat on him and he's still on RAW.

I'm not reviving the Bray is fat thing but yea, being surprised about Kevin Steen while Bray Wyatt has/(had?) a program with John Cena is a little dumb

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Yuriy posted:

I thought the big problem was that Hero was lazy and didn't hit the gym?

Without you flipping out at me.

That wasn't really an issue especially one that lead to his release. Two headliner level Wrestlers put the serious mouth on him based on a negative interaction and Triple H didn't see anything in him which they didn't have already/could market.

Also you can't technically blow off weight trainers in NXT. Weight training is mandatory.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

rovert posted:

That wasn't really an issue especially one that lead to his release. Two headliner level Wrestlers put the serious mouth on him based on a negative interaction and Triple H didn't see anything in him which they didn't have already/could market.

Also you can't technically blow off weight trainers in NXT. Weight training is mandatory.

I've heard the latter but not the former/bolded. Where was this said? Do we know who the alleged wrestlers are?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jimmy Jacobs is pretty cool but he is short as hell and he seems fairly realistic about his chances so big ups little dude. Please don't spend the rest of your adult life killing yourself.

rovert posted:

dude you're the one following him around trying to start poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Hinoarashi posted:

I've heard the latter but not the former/bolded. Where was this said? Do we know who the alleged wrestlers are?

I looked over what I posted the night of his release:

quote:

Nope he just annoyed the wrong main roster star who then buried Ohno consistently to the office.

I was then corrected that it was more than one person - and heard the same privately in the interim of making my first post and being corrected on F4W board.

My second post:

quote:

Actually you are right.

Asked three people who are fairly reliable and I two of them don't speak to each other who tend to know the score it was attitude based. A number of people would offer him advice including some main roster people and trainer and he would typically answer back purporting to know better.

Not answering back to a veteran is long time Wrestling custom. You are just meant to take it and say yes Sir. Aesthetically his body was an issue but it was seen as much if not more a manifestation of a bad attitude, not listening to advice etc. I remember Sean Waltman saying that Hero was very misunderstood and he just wants to Wrestle.

Stuff like this is why you will hear trainers and talent development people say it is far harder to train Indy workers than those starting from scratch. As they don't have problematic and hard to fix bad habits. You can get all smarky idealistic but at the end of the day being a WWE sports entertainer IS a job that requires a lot of listening to the instructions from agents to referees to production cues to PR/charities.

He is a nice guy and has a lot of friends but this isn't the first time a relationship between him and promoter/company has gone sour in a big way. Watch his last shoot interview.

I never found out who buried him. Meltzer took a few weeks to finally report the stuff I said the night he was released. He never said who the people burying Ohno were either.

oatgan posted:

dude you're the one following him around trying to start poo poo

Not true he is the one who jumps on me. I don't mind being corrected just his attitude is bizarrely OTT. Much rather

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 4, 2014