Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

There were 2 or 3 people's investigation sequences that weren't even shown because they all found the same stuff, who cares if Henry decided to be weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In watching through the episode in real time, I wonder how much information the people are given for their characters so that they could carry on the story of the murder case.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh god I'm out of Genius when is season 3? :f5:

That crime show was a bit silly. I hope the players are better about finding evidence and gathering actual useful info next time. As far as Super Junior members go I think Henry is pretty low on the variety scale but that just means hes only good instead of loving amazing (ie: Shindong).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Episode 3 is subbed and up on the tumblr.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
The CHEESIEST of music cues.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Henry starts the episode kinda down about how the internet criticized his antics.

He's still being a dumbass, and I think the dude's even worse than before.

If this first episode's clues were all we got, it seems to me that Henry is most likely the criminal. But the graffiti on the wall sounds like an important clue that the show is holding so idk. Maybe that's what will give Jinho a clear motive.

Crime Scene isn't great like The Genius but it's still a fun show.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Henry is taking the variety show approach and it's frustrating for the people that are serious about solving the mystery but I'm sure his fans are loving it. They even put instruments for him to play with all over the place. I find it a little grating personally.

It's a cute show. Nice for passing the time till The Genius 3 starts. I wouldn't call it amazing or recommend it to anyone tho. I feel like the cast kinda sucks as detectives but it might be hemmed up for the sake of letting the viewers vote.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

CHiRAL posted:

Henry is taking the variety show approach and it's frustrating for the people that are serious about solving the mystery but I'm sure his fans are loving it. They even put instruments for him to play with all over the place. I find it a little grating personally.

It's a cute show. Nice for passing the time till The Genius 3 starts. I wouldn't call it amazing or recommend it to anyone tho. I feel like the cast kinda sucks as detectives but it might be hemmed up for the sake of letting the viewers vote.

I feel like the mysteries should be finished in one episode. Also it could use sangmin.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Henry is amazing, gently caress the haters.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

CHiRAL posted:

Henry is taking the variety show approach and it's frustrating for the people that are serious about solving the mystery

Eh, I dunno. I love trying to seriously solve the mystery as much as the next guy, but I love Henry's antics too. It doesn't have to be all serious all the time or nonstop wacky variety hour like the two are mutually exclusive after all.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Henry is amazing, gently caress the haters.

Seriously! He played three instruments decently, all of which are difficult enough.

I like how the viewers just gang up against Jinho no matter what.

But what do you guys think so far. For me, it's either the stepmom or the boyfriend.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I honestly have no idea. They totally ignored the line in the close friends' chatroom about the class president liking the victim. I'd like it if there's more to that. She was involved with either him or "hot" guy, there's always a twist like that

And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Henry, I just don't enjoy a lot of his antics on this show. I used to be able to name ALL of the members of Super Junior! there are so many of them man!

Playing the violin is one of his specialties BTW

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 27, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
One thing on my mind, could the victim's phone have been planted by one of the two who found her body? I mean we assume it was there all the time, but if the message was sent after the fact too, then it could have been sent from another location while that person was establishing their alibi, then later planted back with the victim.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think the producers of the show are quite smart. The way they introduced Henry like he was a "Mystery Detective" is a good way to give themselves an out for episode 6 if Henry continues to be unpopular. Now, nobody will blink if in episode 6 the new mystery detective is someone other than Henry, and it looks like rotating out the sixth member was their plan the whole time. I am really tired of his "I don't need to do anything other than feel the room" schtick but it's a little better this week.

I also much prefer the "see who is voting with you" format than the handcuffs in the locker thing.

As for the mystery, I have no clue. I forgot about the D-Day grafitti until someone brought it up here again... does anyone have any idea what it could mean? And also, the episode said something about online clues. I don't suppose Bumdiddlyumptious translated those somewhere?

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I think Henry wasn't so bad this time, at least some of his questions durring the back and forth were pertinent.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Yeah he toned it down a lot.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Planting dowsing sticks in a student desk was a wonderful touch :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I don't hate Henry but geez he sure could've tried a little harder than just using his time drawing Jinho.

"I believe in you" --Henry

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Maybe Henry is playing the long game, you ever think of that? If he keeps acting goofy, then nobody will notice when he's not helpfull when he's the criminal. ;)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The funny thing is that I (and the viewer vote) think he's onto something. That CD of flute music is really suspicious.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Jinho is really hinting to back in next season of The Genius.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Nexal posted:

Jinho is really hinting to back in next season of The Genius.

It's basically been flat out confirmed.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I really hope it isn't as a player. It will just be everbody ganging up on him until he gets eliminated.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Zythrst posted:

I really hope it isn't as a player. It will just be everbody ganging up on him until he gets eliminated.

I want him back but for the love of something else than god bring competent players as well into the game. We need players that think Jinho is a puppy that can be beaten easily. That way Jinho can have another underdog comeback and redeem that season.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Maybe something like a Game Master?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jinho is secretly the title character of the show.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I still think having Jinho become a dealer or be revealed as bandage-guy is the best way to keep the Jinho fans watching the show. But yeah, he really shouldn't be a player again. I also agree that they need more competent players and need to substantially lower the proportion of broadcasters in the cast. I mean, broadcasters can be intelligent and funny, but they obviously aren't generally going to be in the same league as people who are put in the cast specifically because they've done things which indicate that they are highly intelligent.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
They are doing an open casting for S3.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shakugan posted:

I still think having Jinho become a dealer or be revealed as bandage-guy is the best way to keep the Jinho fans watching the show. But yeah, he really shouldn't be a player again. I also agree that they need more competent players and need to substantially lower the proportion of broadcasters in the cast. I mean, broadcasters can be intelligent and funny, but they obviously aren't generally going to be in the same league as people who are put in the cast specifically because they've done things which indicate that they are highly intelligent.

My pipe dream is to see Yoo Jae-Suk on the show, you can get rid of broadcasters after that. :unsmigghh:

EDIT: For what it's worth the sub blog for Crime Scene is displaying a different guest for episodes 5&6 so Henry haters can rejoice. I think he's been a great addition to inject some character to the show. The MC is a staggeringly bad actor though.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 29, 2014

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Violent Video Games are the cause of violent and empathy-less youth today

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

The lady at the end is funnier than Henry

I am really really bad at games like Phoenix Wright and the likes but somehow I was right all along! Yay! :toot:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Crime Scene episode 4 killer reveal: Did spoilers leak for this episode ahead of time? The audience seemed so heavily against Jinho the whole time in their ongoing polls. While a lot of the evidence did really point to him, it didn't seem any more than usual.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I was getting pretty upset with Henry towards the end, but then he ended up being right...
Looks like Henry's sticking around and they're bringing in a seventh guest contestant next week? Maybe they realized it was too hard to get a consensus with only 5 people who aren't the murderer.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

About the next time previews Don't kill Sangmin!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Chainsawdomy posted:

I was getting pretty upset with Henry towards the end, but then he ended up being right...
Looks like Henry's sticking around and they're bringing in a seventh guest contestant next week? Maybe they realized it was too hard to get a consensus with only 5 people who aren't the murderer.

I think it was another idol and Henry wasn't there?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

CHiRAL posted:

Oh so they're replacing Henry and bringing in another guy? There's definitely 7 next week, unless one is just a witness and not a contestant?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

CHiRAL posted:

Yeah, Lee Minhyuk's replacing Henry by the looks of things. Other new guy was billed in the preview as a new player but I dunno who he is.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Hiding the missing button was a pretty nifty move, goddamn Jinho.

Teek posted:

Crime Scene episode 4 killer reveal: Did spoilers leak for this episode ahead of time? The audience seemed so heavily against Jinho the whole time in their ongoing polls. While a lot of the evidence did really point to him, it didn't seem any more than usual.

Yeah, it seems to be leaking. I think they were voting for the right culprit pretty soon into the second episode. I guess I'll try to not look at those voting status from now on to not spoil myself.

Hat Thoughts posted:

She didn't say that, she just said that violent pop culture such as games and movies influence the methods, not necessarily the killing.

But sure, never say anything bad about your precious hobby. :rolleyes:

(I really don't want to start a derail with this. One person can tell me I'm wrong and let's leave at this.)

dungtongue
Jan 8, 2014

Teek posted:

It's probably because Jinho is a bad liar. The things he was saying and his attitude were so different from the first case that it was kind of obvious since the first part. The actual cast members don't get to see his interviews so they wouldn't notice.

dungtongue fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

dungtongue posted:

It's probably because Jinho is a bad liar. The things he was saying and his attitude were so different from the first case that it was kind of obvious since the first part. The actual cast members don't get to see his interviews so they wouldn't notice.

Yeah, I agree that Jinho felt off since the first episode but his motive was so subtle compared to everyone being openly hostile with the victim. I don't think there was anything that showed the character to be awfully conscious of his social status. I was still leaning towards Henry till the end.

There was a shitton of circumstantial evidence though that people missed like the button and the dented flute. They looked so much at the flute, how could they've missed that. :gonk: