Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Wrong place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Where would be the right place?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Your buddy who did some design in college that one weekend.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Point taken.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

ShadowMoo posted:

Not sure if this is the right place, (looking for free art) anyone want to make an 'I survived the Heartbleed info-sec apocalypse 2014' graphic and likely become temporarily famous?

This twitter really should be in the OP.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Props to him for taking the snark so well, though! :)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

ShadowMoo posted:

Not sure if this is the right place, (looking for free art) anyone want to make an 'I survived the Heartbleed info-sec apocalypse 2014' graphic and likely become temporarily famous?

Does it have to have rape jokes?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Only if you can make it funny.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Looking for someone to do a commission of a landscape in the same style as a previous post in this thread, but the artist was only willing to take PayPal at the time and that's basically the one major company I've still got a boycott against. Anyone else want to take a stab at it? I posted a thread in SAMart a couple days ago, but it was apparently an off day and I didn't get any responses

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3623977

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

[edit] Resolved!

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 18, 2014

angus725
Jan 5, 2014

Any recommendations on where/who I should look for commissioning an animated swf/gif?

Trying to find someone to do an animated avatar for a variety of sites I use.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

angus725 posted:

Any recommendations on where/who I should look for commissioning an animated swf/gif?

Try here. Include as much info as you can.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

angus725 posted:

A PM has been sent.

Just to put it out there, I make avatars all the time both still and animated and I can do other stuff too.

My SA Mart thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549812

And a couple of recent samples:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hi doodly goons. I'm looking for an illustrator for a client project my studio is working on at the moment. Here's the short version of what we're looking for:

quote:

A small restaurant client of ours is going to be at Comic-Con this year and wants to create a super hero based on their brand. We're in the process of brainstorming names, but need some help coming up with the visuals. The main deliverables would be a few initial exploratory sketches so we can choose a direction, and then a fully produced illustration in the style of a comic book cover which would be applied to a t-shirt. The client is also playing with the idea of other collateral and items as well (posters, maybe action figures if they get crazy with it), but those would be down the road a ways.

We've chatted with the client previously about sort of a cliched Marvel-style approach, but we're open to other styles as well. Please PM me if you're interested and I'll hook you up with more details!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Haven't got PMs, but I'm interested! I've done some cover-style work before (example); you can see more of my stuff at my portfolio.

Please drop me a line at sooztacular at gmail if you'd like me to work with you!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Puppy Time posted:

Haven't got PMs, but I'm interested! I've done some cover-style work before (example); you can see more of my stuff at my portfolio.

Please drop me a line at sooztacular at gmail if you'd like me to work with you!

Will do! Also for anyone else interested without PMs, I'm monitoring the thread so please also feel free to reply. :)

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Looking for someone to write some light one-minute scenes for my voice acting class. I need four, but already have two, and would love options, so I'm looking for somewhere between 2-6 short one-minute scenes. Only requirements are that they need to work on- AND off-mic (so limited stage directions that can't be heard), be between two characters (ideally not gender-specific, though it's okay if a few of them are), be limited to approximately one minute when read aloud, and be not terrible. Humorous/light-hearted and/or positive a plus. Shoot me an email with your proposed payment and a sample(s) if you have. Happy to consider paying a few different writers for good work. Payment will be by Paypal.

I will also need some solid character dialogue options for when we get to character/animation work, so if you have something like this already, feel free to shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out.

I'll be offline from 7:30PM EST tonight through 8:30PM EST tomorrow, so if someone happens to see this and be able to bang it out before then, awesome! And if not, I'll get back to you when I'm back online tomorrow.

Email is melanie(at)listentomelanie.com. Thank you! :)

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Looking for someone who is well-versed in SVG vector graphics. Looking for some logo work. I have the idea totally sketched out, just need someone to "solidify" it. If you have ever manually edited the XML of an SVG before that is a plus. The image is simple flat 2D, in the style of http://www.polymer-project.org/images/logos/p-logo.svg complete with triangles.

The output will be a SVG file, maybe in 1 or 2 arrangements.

PM me.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Hey thread, I'm looking for a classy painting/acrylic/watercolor/classy of our two cats, as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I'll provide photos of both. Her birthday's not until 7/11, I just wanted to get it figured out in advance. I don't have PMs, so if you could respond with a way of contacting you, that'd be great.

I'd also be fine with computer-generated art, as long as it can be printed/produced in a way that's suitable for framing and hanging.

Carl Killer Miller fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 5, 2014

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
What is your budget?

SA.neonnoodle@gmail.com

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Hey thread, I'm looking for a classy painting/acrylic/watercolor/classy of our two cats, as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I'll provide photos of both. Her birthday's not until 7/11, I just wanted to get it figured out in advance. I don't have PMs, so if you could respond with a way of contacting you, that'd be great.

I'd also be fine with computer-generated art, as long as it can be printed/produced in a way that's suitable for framing and hanging.

I have a post earlier in this thread, but you can see some of my work here: http://personalgenius.net and here http://personalgenius.deviantart.com/gallery/ (the latter has a commission that I did for another goon) and I can also send you jpgs of acrylic/oil paintings if that's what you're more interested in.

Get in touch at info@personalgenius.net to discuss details. Thanks!

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Hey thread, I'm looking for a classy painting/acrylic/watercolor/classy of our two cats, as a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday. I'll provide photos of both. her birthday's not until 7/11, I just wanted to get it figured out in advance. I don't have PMs, so if you could respond with a way of contacting you, that'd be great.

Classy watercolor portraits of pets are my specialty. let me know if you have any questions about pricing, sizes, etc.

http://www.jeffspetprojects.com/

Edit: my email is: jeffspetprojects@gmail.com

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 5, 2014

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Looking to have a conversation with someone who does video editing. I've been tasked with putting together a silly video of a bunch of employees lip-syncing to a pop song. So, I'll get the dopey footage, you get the honor of editing the scenes together and roughly matching up to audio. (It's an extremely repetitive song, which should make things easier.)

I have no idea what the budget or timeframe is for this sort of thing, which is why I'm looking to have a friendly chat about it! PM me or post here and I'll hit you up by email or Google chat or whatever you young folks are using these days.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'd like to commission a painting as a wedding present for my friend. She's mad about zombies so I'd like to provide you with a photo of the wedding party and you'll paint us in zombie-killing gear in front of a burned-out cityscape or something. I'm flexible on the format and style as long as the final version can be hung in a frame.

Please PM me with an estimate and a link to your portfolio, thanks!

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I'm looking for someone that could take a jpg design and alter my Wordpress site to match. Since the new design is somewhat based on the existing theme, I don't imagine it'd be too much work but I can't say for certain.

Shoot me a PM and I'll link both the site/design I'd like and we can go from there!

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

greazeball posted:

I'd like to commission a painting as a wedding present for my friend. She's mad about zombies so I'd like to provide you with a photo of the wedding party and you'll paint us in zombie-killing gear in front of a burned-out cityscape or something. I'm flexible on the format and style as long as the final version can be hung in a frame.

Please PM me with an estimate and a link to your portfolio, thanks!

I have a post 3 above this with my info. I don't have PM, so please email me if interested.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

PersonalGenius posted:

I don't have PM...

Now you do.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

I do artisan crafts; blacksmithing and leatherwork. It's getting busy enough that I want a logo and name. I have two rough ideas drawn up, but I'd like an experts help. This logo needs to look good as a stamp, as I'd like it to function as my maker's mark. Black and white lineart and letters are what I have in mind. I'm thinking along the lines of a shield looking logo, but am open to suggestions.

I'm willing to pay up to $100, but it would be even better if you want something made out of leather or metal and are willing to trade. PM me if you're interested.

Pagan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 7, 2014

Apso
May 30, 2008

I'm looking for someone to do a pretty ambitious color correction job on an old painting of mine. The SA mart link is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634106. Compensation is very negotiable for good work. Shoot me with a PM with rates or, if possible, previous examples.

Galileo Fingers
Jun 28, 2008
Hey there.
I'm an illustrator that primarily concentrates on fairy tales and children's book themes, but I am also available for freelance work. I primarily work in pen & ink, watercolor and photoshop, but I am also able to work in acrylic and oil and can give examples in those mediums upon request.

Here is a link to my portfolio: https://www.behance.net/shelbyboswell

For questions or commissions contact me at sboswell@c.ringling.edu.

Thanks for looking!

Mark Kidd
Feb 15, 2006
I'm looking to have 250 business cards professionally printed: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635103

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I need a tattoo drawn up.

Knowing next to nothing about art, I'd describe the style as bold black-on-white line art. We're looking for the finished design to be similar in style to the skull masks you see for Día de los Muertos, or, similarly, something with the feel of this Totoro painting:

It's to commemorate a lost loved one. Photos and sketches will be provided to give you a better idea of what we're looking for.

Please send a PM or an email to gotta.stay.fai@gmail.com if you're interested in taking the job.

Thanks!

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Looking for someone to make a banner ad for SA to advertise an upcoming charity auction. Needs to be finished by June 1st, offering in the ~$20-$30 range unless you'd care to do a children's charity a solid. PM or my username at gmail.com if interested, previous banner creations a plus.

hac
Oct 21, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I need a tattoo drawn up.

Knowing next to nothing about art, I'd describe the style as bold black-on-white line art. We're looking for the finished design to be similar in style to the skull masks you see for Día de los Muertos, or, similarly, something with the feel of this Totoro painting:

It's to commemorate a lost loved one. Photos and sketches will be provided to give you a better idea of what we're looking for.

Please send a PM or an email to gotta.stay.fai@gmail.com if you're interested in taking the job.

Thanks!

You should find a tattoo artist who does the type of work you're looking for and speak with them.

Look in the OP and post in this thread and we can help you find an artist in your area: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519790&perpage=40&pagenumber=194

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I need some concept art made. We're making a game that revolves around medieval knights and we need to find a style that we like and go with it so that we can start investing time into modelling. I know that we're leaning towards realistic and brutal, not so much like Warcraft/Blizzard's cartoony style. The first job would be for one knight, ideally I'd like to have 3 "concept art" style images made of 3 different styles of knight, then pick one, and the artist would create a kind of model sheet, which would be a front view and a side view of the chosen knight (for me to reference when making the 3D model).

Pay is negotiable, please email zach. spradlin@ gmail. com with your portfolio, your price range, and put something about "Something Awful" in the subject line (that account is kind of cluttered).

le capitan
Dec 29, 2006
When the boat goes down, I'll be driving

RizieN posted:

I need some concept art made.

Email sent!

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Hey y'all, I'm selling some prints in SA Mart at good discount for the summer! It's a good mix of old and new, so come check em out!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639491

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640219

I'm not sure if this is cool. I hope it is. I'm a feeble idiot and not a predator. I need a business card design. If you've done something like this and have a sample, send me the sample and if I like it, I'll pay 20 bucks for you to make me my own business card! No unnecessary work required!

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Dorkopotamis posted:

I'm not sure if this is cool. I hope it is. I'm a feeble idiot and not a predator. I need a business card design. If you've done something like this and have a sample, send me the sample and if I like it, I'll pay 20 bucks for you to make me my own business card! No unnecessary work required!

$20 is an insultingly low wage for graphic design, I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Dorkopotamis posted:

http://us.moo.com/

You'll probably get a better product, tbh. You're going to have to spend way, way more than $20 for printing anyways.