Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't care. Stevie Wonder brought us Superstition and the best bass line ever devised.

John Deacon of Queen would like to have a word with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I stand by my statement. Freddie and Brian May were the real talent anyways.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I stand by my statement. Freddie and Brian May were the real talent anyways.

Pretty sure Brian wrote "Another one bites the dust"

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pretty sure Brian wrote "Another one bites the dust"

They wrote the song around the bass. Basically the bass player got waisted as gently caress, was messing around, and you got Queen's 3rd best song.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

They wrote the song around the bass. Basically the bass player got waisted as gently caress, was messing around, and you got Queen's 3rd best song.

Fair enough. But Queen's 3rd best song immediately means its better than any Stevie Wonder song.

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_One_Bites_the_Dust#Use_in_medical_training

Legit saving lives

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 4, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rest of THANKS_OBAMA.txt can be viewed here http://gawker.com/angry-conservatives-forgot-their-old-angry-tweets-suppo-1586150981

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Sadly, in the U.S. it's usually "Stayin' Alive".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:shobon:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
My favorites are the ones who were bitching at obama for doing nothing less than one month ago.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I'm going to take a stab and say by 'doing nothing' they were bitching that he wasn't sending in Delta Force to cap everyone involved and pull Berghal out simpering in a burlap sack, not complaining that he wasn't freeing enough apparently important terrorists

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wow, judge doom fell on some hardtimes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm going to take a stab and say by 'doing nothing' they were bitching that he wasn't sending in Delta Force to cap everyone involved and pull Berghal out simpering in a burlap sack, not complaining that he wasn't freeing enough apparently important terrorists

If you don't think 90% of the dudes on the right wouldn't be demanding we impeach Obummer for not doing everything to prevent leaving a man behind or whatever I have a bridge to sell you.

If Vile Rat and our California hippie ambassador to Libya could be turned into Republican martyrs, so would Berg.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/06/02/the_bergdahl_bargain_was_just_the_beginning

the knock-on effects of bargaining 5 talib for bowe bergdahl continues.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
It tells you that national Republicans are a thoroughly useless bunch when the only platform they can build out of everything the Obama administration has failed to do is one based upon impeaching him for hesitating to use the word "terrorist" and for conducting a prisoner swap in the fashion of that most Sacred Cow, Israel.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Paywall, care to summarize?

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Some nut is killing cops in Moncton, Canada. 3 dead and more wounded so far.

Cop radio here:
http://mixlr.com/evulc/
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4269/web

AllDogsGoodDogs fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 5, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

JSARSOM posted:

Cop radio here:

And he has a public facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.bourque.5682

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JSARSOM posted:

Cop radio here:

Moncton is a french community and french Canadians are the worst. I hope they bury this fucker, mostly because he killed some cops but partly because he's probably french.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Seems like an English speaking Canadian to me even if he has a French looking name. If he was a Quebecois nutcase he would probably stick to just French but his Facebook seems devoid of any French. Wikipedia also says the majority speak English, only about a third speak French as a first language. In addition he has a lot of friends on Facebook from nearby Riverview, Canada which the wikipedia page for Moncton mentions is 95% English speaking. Which is kind of funny because my parents live in Riverview, Florida. Such an original name, wonder if it has a river???

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Moncton is a weird place. A lot of people who are french in Moncton use english as their primary language. Also yhe french in new brunswick are acdien which is a less awful french

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Ah I've never been there, nearly all the Quebecois I've met have been from Montreal or somewhere else not too far away and they nearly always seem to speak lovely English

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
whoops, it's like three posts up.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 5, 2014

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Maple Syrup Rambo isn't nearly as cool as Chocolate Rambo. :911:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The poem he posted yesterday was pretty good, I wonder if he wrote it himself.

Fake edit: nope it's the lyrics to a Megadeth song.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Mustang posted:

Ah I've never been there, nearly all the Quebecois I've met have been from Montreal or somewhere else not too far away and they nearly always seem to speak lovely English

Québécois don't usually live in New Brunswick, much like there are very few Texans from Louisiana.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Maple Syrup Rambo isn't nearly as cool as Chocolate Rambo. :911:

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013
With Russian intervention looking less likely Ukraine has ramped up anti-separatist efforts. Heavy fighting around Slovjansk saw artillery, aircraft and helicopters used. The Ukrainian anti-terror forces report 300 separatists killed, 500 wounded against compared 45 dead on the government side. The president of the peoples republic of donetsk claims losses are the other way around.

So Putin has decided he didn't want those Ukrainians anyway? Just wanted a diversion he could hype up and then back down from so people would forget Crimea?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

That owns

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Courthouse posted:

So Putin has decided he didn't want those Ukrainians anyway? Just wanted a diversion he could hype up and then back down from so people would forget Crimea?

He sliced himself a huge piece of cake and more or less got away with it, unless something goes sideways I think he's decided to quit while he's ahead.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
“I think we should have made efforts to bring Bergdahl home, but this price is higher than any in history,” said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who as a Navy pilot was held captive in North Vietnam for six months longer than Bergdahl’s time with the Taliban.

I think someone should remind the good senator that we've taken much greater risks to get POWs back in the past.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

psydude posted:

we've taken much greater risks to get POWs back in the past.

Also, there was that one time Iran got to buy a literal boatload of missiles to help with US hostages in Lebanon. The proceeds of which went right into funding a drug fueled murderous insurgency freedom. :911:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
/\ /\ /\
e:Huh. Guess I had this window open for a while...

psydude posted:

It tells you that national Republicans are a thoroughly useless bunch when the only platform they can build out of everything the Obama administration has failed to do is one based upon impeaching him for hesitating to use the word "terrorist" and for conducting a prisoner swap in the fashion of that most Sacred Cow, Israel.

No kidding. If only he'd made it happen by selling missiles to al-Qaeda to fund the ISI, he'd be good to go.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Paywall, care to summarize?

The families of civilians kidnapped in Afghanistan/Pakistan would also like us to trade Talibs for their loved ones. Also, Republicans want to know why we didn't demand the release of every single American held by militants in exchange for the five we gave them, because if they had been in charge clearly we would have got a better deal.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Dead Reckoning posted:

The families of civilians kidnapped in Afghanistan/Pakistan would also like us to trade Talibs for their loved ones. Also, Republicans want to know why we didn't demand the release of every single American held by militants in exchange for the five we gave them, because if they had been in charge clearly we would have got a better deal.

the contractor taken captive in pakistan i'm ok with dealing for. the 'adventure tourists' who decided to visit beautiful kabul for a vacation should have fuckin known what they were getting into gently caress them

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

psydude posted:

I think someone should remind the good senator that we've taken much greater risks to get POWs back in the past.

Also that one time we sent a full up package at low level behind enemy lines and crashed a loving helo into a prison camp down the road from Hanoi to try and get some dudes back.

A raid that, among other things, improved conditions for him and the guys he was in captivity with.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I still can't believe that crashing a loving helicopter was a part of that mission. Usually when you read about helicopter crashes everyone dies yet not a single man was lost on that operation.

Also the commander, Bull Simons, was a Cabanatuan raider in the 6th Ranger Battalion. One of the NCO's, Charles Sasser, was also a part of the Cabanatuan Raid but he was an Alamo Scout not a Ranger. Which is interesting because the Alamo Scouts were retroactively awarded the SF tab once it was created so he technically earned it twice.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

psydude posted:

“I think we should have made efforts to bring Bergdahl home, but this price is higher than any in history,” said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who as a Navy pilot was held captive in North Vietnam for six months longer than Bergdahl’s time with the Taliban.

That's a lousy analogy as (as already mentioned) McCain resisted efforts to rob Peter to pay Paul to get himself released.

Also I remain baffled why you can't see the large-picture difference between a commando raid to free POWs, even if it costs additional lives, and releasing important prisoners who likely cost American lives to capture.

It's also a perfectly valid question why we didn't at least demand a package deal (if a deal must have been made) because you can be drat sure the cost of each the others will now be much higher. Who else is left and are they shitbirds like Berghdal or genuine battlefield prisoners?

Also lollin' at this: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/05/exclusive-bergdahl-declared-jihad-secret-documents-show/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mustang posted:

I still can't believe that crashing a loving helicopter was a part of that mission. Usually when you read about helicopter crashes everyone dies yet not a single man was lost on that operation.

Also the commander, Bull Simons, was a Cabanatuan raider in the 6th Ranger Battalion. One of the NCO's, Charles Sasser, was also a part of the Cabanatuan Raid but he was an Alamo Scout not a Ranger. Which is interesting because the Alamo Scouts were retroactively awarded the SF tab once it was created so he technically earned it twice.

One of the officers was Dick Meadows who is probably in the running for toughest s.o.b. of the 20th century. http://www.amazon.com/The-Quiet-Professional-American-Warriors/dp/0813133998. Great book, the man was quite remarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Snowdens Secret posted:

It's also a perfectly valid question why we didn't at least demand a package deal (if a deal must have been made) because you can be drat sure the cost of each the others will now be much higher. Who else is left and are they shitbirds like Berghdal or genuine battlefield prisoners?

your people hosed it up with poo poo like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilad_Shalit_prisoner_exchange

• Locked thread