Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Orlando worked out Marcus Smart for a second time. God loving damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BIZORT posted:

Please draft him and let Exum fall to us, thanks in advanced

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BIZORT posted:

Pretty sure the top 4 or 5 have not worked out for any specific teams yet (Randle included?)

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I'm hoping they're just doing their due diligence and working everyone out that's a possibility at all. I think they did the same thing last year. Or they think Smart will drop to 12 but I don't think he will

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

DOOP posted:

"And with the third pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select..."

Wait, whats happening? Who's coming up on stage. BAH GOD, THATS EVAN TURNER'S MUSIC :vince:

:smith:

WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!? Charles Barkley just crawled out from underneath the podium and dropped Evan Turner across the head with a folding chair right as he was accepting the Sixers hat from Commissioner Silver!

The crowd is going crazy! Oh wait! Dan Gilbert's son has just bitten Mickey Arison on the...on the... crotch? My god he's gone feral! Arison and Turner are both on the ground. Turner is motionless; Arison is screaming like a horse in pain. There is blood everywhere!

It's pandemonium! The crowd is rioting! I haven't seen anything like this since the Vancouver Canucks lost in the NHL finals. I think that I just caught a glimpse of Metta World Peace punching Keith Closs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-celtics-%E2%80%98locked-on%E2%80%99-aaron-gordon-no-6-pick

quote:

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated:

Several league sources believe that Celtics GM Danny Ainge is locked in on Gordon

Oh boy I better get excited about Marcus Smart :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

You could get Randle or Vonleh too. Vonleh actually seems like a good fit next to Cousins.

If the Magic do take Smart (and they reportedly love him last year) that would leave Exum for Utah which would be pretty cool (although it'd still leave them woefully short on shooting). Otherwise it's probably either Vonleh or Randle. I think I'd rather have Vonleh. His shooting would open things up, and between him, Favors, Evans, and The Go Bear they would block All The Shots. They could probably look at trying to trade Kanter for something too. Then with the second first rounder I'd really like Hariston, but I could live with one of the UCLA guys too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the kings taking another high upside PF, yes please.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

You could get Randle or Vonleh too. Vonleh actually seems like a good fit next to Cousins.

If the Magic do take Smart (and they reportedly love him last year) that would leave Exum for Utah which would be pretty cool (although it'd still leave them woefully short on shooting). Otherwise it's probably either Vonleh or Randle. I think I'd rather have Vonleh. His shooting would open things up, and between him, Favors, Evans, and The Go Bear they would block All The Shots. They could probably look at trying to trade Kanter for something too. Then with the second first rounder I'd really like Hariston, but I could live with one of the UCLA guys too.

It seems like fans of every team in the late first round want Hairston. I can't tell if that means he's going to go way higher than expected or drop like a stone.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

I'm assuming Vonleh is gone at #8 and that Randle isn't a good fit next to Cousins so why bring on another PF that we can't figure out what to do with

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mynameisjohn posted:

the kings taking another high upside PF, yes please.

The ones they have are either backups at best or just bad (love you, Reggie). Never drafting a PF again seems like a bad way to address that issue.

"Well Thomas Robsinson wasn't very good, better just ignore that position forever to be safe"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

MourningView posted:

The ones they have are either backups at best or just bad (love you, Reggie). Never drafting a PF again seems like a bad way to address that issue.

"Well Thomas Robsinson wasn't very good, better just ignore that position forever to be safe"
I completely understand the logic behind it, it's just funny. Like Portland drafting another injury prone center or something.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

morestuff posted:

It seems like fans of every team in the late first round want Hairston. I can't tell if that means he's going to go way higher than expected or drop like a stone.

The word is that Charlotte will take him at #24 if he's there

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

swizz posted:

The word is that Charlotte will take him at #24 if he's there

He'd be a good fit. I'm expecting them to blow at least one of their picks on a trade, though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the Kings and Smart is a great fit.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
calling it Doug Mcdermott to Kings

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Metapod posted:

would be a decent fit!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

By this point I've pretty much convinced myself that the Celtics are going to trade for Kevin Love, but when that inevitably doesn't happen Aaron Gordon is the guy I like most out of Gordon/Vonleh/Randle anyway.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

I'm not advocating never drafting a PF again or ignoring the position. I think the FO just realized they should start being careful spending resources on guys that won't fit very well next to Cousins.

quote:

Rudy Gay as our stretch 4 I'm down

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

Rudy Gay as our stretch 4 I'm down

Derrick Williams will never be the stretch 4 he was born to be because the NBA Gods hate Derrick Williams.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Reportedly, the Magic are in love with Exum too so I think it's just Hennigan not showing his cards. That seems to be his thing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Every single rumor has been "Magic drafting Exum" for what it's worth.

What is the official way to link to an instagram here? Do we rehost it?

http://instagram.com/p/o1XVywrO_L/

Zach LaVine jumps really loving high.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Every single rumor has been "Magic drafting Exum" for what it's worth.

What is the official way to link to an instagram here? Do we rehost it?

http://instagram.com/p/o1XVywrO_L/

Zach LaVine jumps really loving high.

His arm isn't even fully extended

When I was a kid you had the odd guy or two on every team that could jump out of the gym and now just about every guy on an NBA roster (and most NCAA rosters) is a monster that can touch he top of the backboard. I love it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I feel like PJ Hairston has got to be fool's gold because I watch videos of him and see that he's a reasonable get for the Thunder and he just looks too good to be true. Anybody who actually watched him on the regular that can tell me why he's actually poo poo and not as good as he seems?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think he's a good enough ball handler to be a star, but he's a very good shooter and athlete who should be a good role player and can probably start for a lot of teams. He's falling mostly because he was a gently caress up off the court and got booted out of school.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I don't think he's a good enough ball handler to be a star, but he's a very good shooter and athlete who should be a good role player and can probably start for a lot of teams. He's falling mostly because he was a gently caress up off the court and got booted out of school.

Where do you think he'd go if he'd have been a good school boy and performed to expectations?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WEREWAIF posted:

Where do you think he'd go if he'd have been a good school boy and performed to expectations?

Late lottery or thereabouts probably. He'd be in that Stauskas/Harris/Young mix.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 4, 2014

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I hope the Rockets draft him if he falls that far. T-Will and Royce White didn't pan out so third time's the charm.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is a really great year for initials, and especially initials with a final J.

TJ Warren, CJ Wilcox, PJ Hairston, KJ Mcdaniels, CJ Fair. A bumper crop of initial named boys!

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I'm falling in love with Stauskas and really hope he's available at 12. Orlando needs another shooter desperately and it seems like Stauskas is a very good passer and ballhandler for being primarily a shooter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's interesting that the Lakers didn't workout Randle because it seemed like he was a lock to go top 5 but with Vonleh and Gordon apparently jumping I think they might have a shot at him after all. I wouldn't mind that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

It's interesting that the Lakers didn't workout Randle because it seemed like he was a lock to go top 5 but with Vonleh and Gordon apparently jumping I think they might have a shot at him after all. I wouldn't mind that.

I'm not sure if Randle has worked out for anyone yet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BIZORT posted:

I'm falling in love with Stauskas and really hope he's available at 12. Orlando needs another shooter desperately and it seems like Stauskas is a very good passer and ballhandler for being primarily a shooter

Are you hoping we go big at 4 then, or thinking one of Stauskas/Oladipo becomes an off the bench combo guard?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mandrel posted:

I feel like PJ Hairston has got to be fool's gold because I watch videos of him and see that he's a reasonable get for the Thunder and he just looks too good to be true. Anybody who actually watched him on the regular that can tell me why he's actually poo poo and not as good as he seems?

If the Thunder draft him he will become a top 50 player

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How can you draft a Man with no arms.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

Are you hoping we go big at 4 then, or thinking one of Stauskas/Oladipo becomes an off the bench combo guard?

I hadn't really considered it. I assume they're taking Exum at 4. Also, I tend to fall in love with guards and hate big men so ignore me.

Orlando does need a shooter badly, though, and I don't think Exum fits that need. Marcus Smart definitely doesn't

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm not sure if Randle has worked out for anyone yet

He's scheduled to work out for the Bucks this week. I have stated my love of Gordon but Randle would be a great fit to me next to Pau in the alternate world where Pau re-signs.

Speaking of, I think Exum has an awesome agent because his name is in the news every day, latest ~rumor site buzz~ (things his agent said to NBA Dirtsheet Writers) has him going to the Bucks if he'll play there.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Metapod posted:

If the Thunder draft him he will become a top 50 player

Well it's settled them Hairston hype train leaving the station in my heart

The last time this happened it was Perry Jones though, and then we actually got him, and then ???

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I saw Dante Exum's brother play in a streetball tournament a couple of months ago and he wasn't very good. Update your draft buzz sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mandrel posted:

Well it's settled them Hairston hype train leaving the station in my heart

The last time this happened it was Perry Jones though, and then we actually got him, and then ???

Scott Brooks doesn't play him because he's raw and he's raw because Scott Brooks never plays him

• Locked thread