Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

a few years ago I was discussing fixing up my car with a friend at a cafe. upon stating that "the tranny is so fuckin' busted", a random person in the cafe who overheard my statement started freaking out at me for being an insensitive bigot. I had no clue what they were talking about til I googled "tranny" and dug around a bit. oh, country living and inadvertent ignorance :allears:

I agree with Ru's take on the use of that particular word, but can also see how it bums people out. kind of a can of worms, and I'm not sure how much good this discussion (in general in the world and not just on SA) will do in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hey Girl posted:

Chad Michaels is drag mother to Morgan McMichaels

Alyssa Edwards is drag mother to Shangela and Laganga Estranga

Alissa Summers and Alexis Mateo are drag sisters

Madam LaQueer is drag mother to Lineysha Sparx

Nicole Paige Brooks is drag mother to Phoenix

Darienne Lake is drag mother to Pandora Boxx

Dream Girls Review (not a family but they worked together)

Chad Michaels

Delta Work

Morgan McMichaels

Shannel

Sonique

Venus D-Lite

Detox Icunt

Raja Gemini

DWV
Willam and Detox's musical stylings (with Vicky Vox who hasn't been on Drag Race)

Transfashionable
Willam and Courtney Act were on it together

Seattle Scene
Jinx Monsoon and Ben Delacreme have worked together

Once upon a time Sharon Needles and Alaska Thunderfvck were dating

Bianca del Rio knows Lady Bunny (in the Biblical sense)

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvy Winterssssssss has made dresses forrrrr
Lady Bunny

and Manila Luzon

I'm not including post show colabs because they're all working together now.

You're the greatest person to ever live, this is brilliant

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

the truth posted:

Bianca said Carmen Carrera should take what's left of her dick, stick it in her mouth, and shut up.

Shots fired.
Bianca del Rio said something outrageously offensive onstage?! :monocle: Seriously, though, she was in character.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
Translation: Bianca is over this poo poo and wants to stop talking about it. I'm guessing she gives no real fucks about Carmen Carrera but is sick of defending herself and Ru.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Good thing she just signed up for a year of it!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Holy poo poo people are awful

This is even worse after seeing how the real instigators are handling this (for example)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Both sides are being dumb about it tho?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes?

VidaGrey
Mar 19, 2009

The more I see of men, the more I like dogs.

Courtnet Act made a very well written and extremely reasonable post on the issue. The response she got was basically a bunch of crazy people calling her a sore loser and a horrible person. I just don't even know. I'm not even saying that I agreed with everything she posted, however, quite a few Rupaul fans are clearly sick people which is absolutely not what she stands for. You can politely disagree with someone especially on an issue like this thats not so black and white. Courtney Act stated her position in a way that I wish Carmen would have been able to convey.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Someone did an initial pass at Laganja, the remix: http://sharapwna.tumblr.com/post/87266996427/its-not-right-but-its-okcurrrr-sample-still

(The main Tumblr page is NSFW, but the direct link is okay.)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Willam's Beatdown to return this summer :woop:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

anyone got a link to the second season? I've just binged season 1 and can't work out the right thing to ask the internet.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
There were 19 Beatdowns originally before The Stylish died out. You can check the FAQ on Willam's tumblr for details on what happened to it after that. There are no more beatdowns at this time :(
She did a few bonus videos on her channel called "Billam's Wheatdown" but other than having Willam in them and being awesome they didn't have much to do with the beatdown.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Yes! Best news all day. I need more cracks on that youtuber who called pink eyeshadow pomegranate.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
My wife and I are working backwards through the seasons as well. We're partway through Season 5 and the Untucked episodes make Season 6's look mild as gently caress. Also that double elimination? :vince:

Neither of us can figure out where the drawn out pronunciation of Ivy Winters comes from. Is it from her drag shows?

ZombieScholar
Mar 17, 2009

Bash 'em in the head, that seems to work.

FadedReality posted:

Neither of us can figure out where the drawn out pronunciation of Ivy Winters comes from. Is it from her drag shows?

Ru goes into it during the Reunion episode but it's because of how La Toya pronounced "Edgar Winterrrrrrrrrrrs" at some show once. Even La Toya seemed bewildered by it.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

FadedReality posted:

My wife and I are working backwards through the seasons as well. We're partway through Season 5 and the Untucked episodes make Season 6's look mild as gently caress. Also that double elimination? :vince:

I've done the same (minus untucked), only thing I can say is skip season 1 as its not very good. You can see the germ of the idea it's just cheaply executed and not in a good way.

Can't wait for a UK version.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

ZombieScholar posted:

Ru goes into it during the Reunion episode but it's because of how La Toya pronounced "Edgar Winterrrrrrrrrrrs" at some show once. Even La Toya seemed bewildered by it.

La Toya is also stoned out of her mind 95% of the time so its no surprise

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Season 1 had the vaseline lens filter and about $3.50 as a budget, so it's kind of forgivable.

e: I think the winner of S1 didn't even get the cash prize because they didn't have the cash.

dweebgal
Aug 1, 2004

notaspy posted:

Can't wait for a UK version.

I can if it means not having Jonathan Ross be the presenter.

I mean, he says he's a big fan, but still, doesn't sit right with me.

That being said, anything that is a Jodie Harsh vehicle is good for me

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

angerbot posted:

Season 1 had the vaseline lens filter and about $3.50 as a budget, so it's kind of forgivable.

e: I think the winner of S1 didn't even get the cash prize because they didn't have the cash.

There are screengrabs of several scenes where there would be a ladder or some other "behind the scenes" type tool just hanging out in the shot, broadcast on TV that way.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I wouldn't skip season 1 because that would mean skipping on Nina Flowers and no one should do that ever

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Eliminating Jade instead of Rebecca Glasscock is probably the least understandable decision the show has ever made though.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Just found this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwfisc8x_mM

Carmen Carerra using that 'T' word in an interview.

Thoughts?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Other than "enough already?" :sigh:
She probably didn't consider it a slur at the time. It's not news that she is doing a lot of what she has been doing lately for attention but there is a point to the argument buried under all of the whining and poop tossing and it never hung on Carmen's integrity, thank god.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

OK, here's Adore's 2nd single for 'Death Do Us Party', "I Adore U":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmV62-f-xnU

THIS FUCKIN QUEEN.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

CHiRAL posted:

Other than "enough already?" :sigh:
She probably didn't consider it a slur at the time. It's not news that she is doing a lot of what she has been doing lately for attention but there is a point to the argument buried under all of the whining and poop tossing and it never hung on Carmen's integrity, thank god.

Courtney Act got called out for the same thing, and her response was relatively mature.

ANYWAY. I finished season 5 :woop: Jinkx and Alaska ended up my two favorites, and Alyssa is as cuckoo bananas as I assumed she'd be, but everyone else was either too annoying / bitchy or too forgettable for me. On to season 4!

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Miss Kalle posted:

... On to season 4!

I've just started season 4, and it already has one of my favourite challenges yet.
Latrice is great and I can see why the thread loves her :allears: I want to like Sharon Needles, but knowing what I do now from reading the thread ... well, her costumes are still pretty cool. Her runway look for the first episode was like something straight out of a Silent Hill game.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Aphra Bane posted:

I've just started season 4, and it already has one of my favourite challenges yet.
Latrice is great and I can see why the thread loves her :allears: I want to like Sharon Needles, but knowing what I do now from reading the thread ... well, her costumes are still pretty cool. Her runway look for the first episode was like something straight out of a Silent Hill game.

What's so bad about Sharon needles?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

notaspy posted:

What's so bad about Sharon needles?

She tried a little too hard to be edgy and punk and ended up gaining a very bad rep as a racist

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

CHiRAL posted:

She tried a little too hard to be edgy and punk and ended up gaining a very bad rep as a racist

Wow, really? So much for being the future of drag!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

CHiRAL posted:

Where, how, source? Cite something.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sharon likes nazis and the n word. Just google it. There has been recurrent cases of d-list celebrity controversy from the time Sharon came into the public eye. Now people just don't really pay attention to him anymore.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

Paradox Personified posted:

Where, how, source? Cite something.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brandon-thomas/sharon-needles-racist-aft_b_1473057.html

There was the situation where she was supposed to perform at the Life Ball in Austria (AIDS fundraiser) and she made the comment to journalists that she was "happy to be in Vienna, the birthplace of Adolf Hitler."

http://www.queerty.com/sharon-needles-banned-from-performing-at-life-ball-after-making-nazi-joke-20130528

and her non apology:
http://www.newnownext.com/sharon-needles-life-ball-interview/05/2013/

There has also been a few accounts of her using the N-word in stage shows, or just in normal taking with fans, there was a picture going around of her and Alaska in blackface wearing confederate flag swimsuits, and reports of Sharon signing autographs with a swastika.

Every time she's called out on it, she either completely dismisses the allegation of racism with "Oh, well things could be so much worse, this is just PRETEND racism", or points at something Ru did way back in the day and says she's being JUST LIKE Ru. (Or just saying that attention is attention even if it's bad, basically the "DANCE, PUPPETS!" defense)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

what happened to Sharon?

Alaska did :allears:

Alaska stole hearts with her consistency and talent and humor and Sharon just keeps weirdly losing it over time while becoming more mean-spirited :(

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Any Brits out there that might be able to score a couple of tickets for Bianca's show in London?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvg_AE7DbQ
Willam unpacked

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLY0Lb4yYE
The saddest thing is that this isn't the worst song by Drag Race alumni I've ever heard! :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

CHiRAL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLY0Lb4yYE
The saddest thing is that this isn't the worst song by Drag Race alumni I've ever heard! :pwn:

That for me, has to be the KaiKai version not by Willam and Rhea. Ugh, horrible.

• Locked thread