Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
good dog

*EDIT*
Wow, another lame snipe. Here, have another out of /pics/stupid_pooch/

Gus Hobbleton fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

and this is probably reposted 10x but meh

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Christoff posted:

and this is probably reposted 10x but meh

This is the first time I've seen it and it's amazing. Dog must have been seriously traumatized by that door in the past.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

holy crap this is stupid_pooch.gif in its purist form

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

incoming dogges stolen from loldoggifs.com

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/watching-these-dogs-confused-by-a-magic-trick-is-hilari-1549262852

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hahaha, awesome!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

at the date posted:

This is the first time I've seen it and it's amazing. Dog must have been seriously traumatized by that door in the past.

Dave Barry tells a great story about how, after Hurricane Andrew reduced his porch to a freestanding screen door with no walls left, his dogs would still wait patiently at the door until someone opened it to go out into the yard.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wanna be chased by this pup

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

at the date posted:

Well trained dogs will do that every time. Its conditioning rather than inspecting it every time to see if there is glass in the door. Humans do this too. Rearrange your buddy's furniture while he is at work one day and watch.

Christoff posted:

incoming dogges stolen from loldoggifs.com

This is awesome

However..

This guy is an rear end in a top hat of the 33rd degree.

How you gonna get those dogs' hopes up and not give them a treat.

Dick.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I need a GiP ruling on this dog.
http://www.pawschicago.org/anderson_2/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats on your new dog. Looks awesome. Go give him pets.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wanna pet that dogge.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There are going to be days when I'll be gone for 8 hours or more. They'll be infrequent. That's my only concern before grabbing that dog.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

This is what hound breeds sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeASy87kXps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC0XuGKkcTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8yl_oLvzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY6Vag2AWDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4GF0q0rH4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOHkOr_c-iM

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 5, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wanna pet that dogge

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

holocaust bloopers posted:

There are going to be days when I'll be gone for 8 hours or more. They'll be infrequent. That's my only concern before grabbing that dog.

Double posting but just have a friend check on him if it's that worrisome. Also crate training really helps, as does pad training.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Saw a dude zooming around on a dual sport with a box on the back with a pug with doggles on. Said "PAWS IN A BOX" or some sort of pun. Dog was just straight chilling. My dream.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

Crate training is huge. Also check with your various vets and such about doggy daycare. Quite a few places have it at reasonable rates. Your dog gets to play with other dogs and gets watched for the day.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
chillin

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If that hound is gonna go "BAOOOO" constantly while you're gone, I'd stay away. People had Beagles a block away from me at the last place I lived and they never trained them out of it, so their obnoxious dogs are baying at everything as they walk them, baying at everything out the window, and you can hear them half a block away. More obnoxious than rat dogs.

Kilersquirrel
Oct 16, 2004
My little sister is awesome and bought me this account.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crate training is huge. Also check with your various vets and such about doggy daycare. Quite a few places have it at reasonable rates. Your dog gets to play with other dogs and gets watched for the day.

Seconded, my little derelict learned not to pee in the house after 1 day of being in the crate, and now we're on our 3rd solid day of no pooping in either the crate or anywhere in the house. Another few weeks of this and she'll get a test run of the house while we're out for a few hours which will hopefully turn into not strictly needing to crate her while we're out anymore.

Content:

This is what I get when it's time to leave for work. It's so hard to go.

e:

I am teaching her to chill like this ASAP. Girlfriend's parents live in Tampa still and have a pool, dogge should fit as carry-on luggage. Gonna make it happen.

Kilersquirrel fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 6, 2014

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Genocide Tendency posted:

Well trained dogs will do that every time. Its conditioning rather than inspecting it every time to see if there is glass in the door. Humans do this too. Rearrange your buddy's furniture while he is at work one day and watch.

This. Dogs are some of the best associative learners on earth. We've bred them this way.

Growing up, when my parents or I wanted to keep our lab out of a room we'd lay a folding chair or something across the doorway. He could easily jump over, but he never did. Eventually I realized I just had to lay a yardstick across the threshold and he'd stay out because he knew that's what he was Supposed To Do.

Of course, the same dog realized doors don't always latch so he'd always test them with a headbutt.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

Double posting but just have a friend check on him if it's that worrisome. Also crate training really helps, as does pad training.

Any tips on how to house train a neon pink 1 year old pony? It's literally making GBS threads rainbow turds all over the place when it gets excited and it's been pissing robins egg blue dye on my couch since before the Browns were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Kilersquirrel posted:

I am teaching her to chill like this ASAP. Girlfriend's parents live in Tampa still and have a pool, dogge should fit as carry-on luggage. Gonna make it happen.

That's my friend's dog, and he loving loves water. Even if it's shooting out of a hose.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Obama Africanus posted:

Any tips on how to house train a neon pink 1 year old pony? It's literally making GBS threads rainbow turds all over the place when it gets excited and it's been pissing robins egg blue dye on my couch since before the Browns were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

I'll be sure to sure to ask your mother if she knows any tricks about raising livestock. She can let you know the next time she's disappointed you haven't gotten the courage to paint the room with your brains.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Do not poo poo up the dog thread. Take your slap fights elsewhere. Post dogs.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
poo poo's just wrong yo

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/wan/4501624012.html

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
People were talking about Rottweilers a bit ago, here's my mom's little bearhunter, Josef:

He's obviously mostly Rottweiler but he seems kinda small for one now that he's grown, and he's got a blue tongue like a chow or something. I think some trailer hick was trying to breed fighting dogs. Josef's a sweetheart, though, although he does like to mean mug for the camera

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that's a stocky rear end rottie

dude looks like he could gently caress a guy up

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Snowdens Secret posted:

People were talking about Rottweilers a bit ago, here's my mom's little bearhunter, Josef:

He's obviously mostly Rottweiler but he seems kinda small for one now that he's grown, and he's got a blue tongue like a chow or something. I think some trailer hick was trying to breed fighting dogs. Josef's a sweetheart, though, although he does like to mean mug for the camera

deff would like to pet that dogge

Kilersquirrel
Oct 16, 2004
My little sister is awesome and bought me this account.
That dogge looks like he'd be a good couch buddy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Who's mean muggin'? That lil fella looks like he wants some pets :3

@The craigslist ad: Bitch better get curbstomped.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"Yep, that's the cat." *keeps on truckin'*

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Its been too long since we nuked Japan.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
post dogges, not hate

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its been too long since we nuked Japan.

Have you considered that the presence of mutant red glowy-eyed potato chip distributing Afghans could be a direct consequence of irradiating dogges with A-bomb fallout?

Have you???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

I was bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rEW9FMhyx8