Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

poo poo guys...I want to try and sell this soon...but what else does it need? I can't really draw cars, but I can try if it really needs the Delorian. I'm stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CelticPredator posted:

poo poo guys...I want to try and sell this soon...but what else does it need? I can't really draw cars, but I can try if it really needs the Delorian. I'm stuck.

i likes it. Flames get the parody across without jamming it down your throat. Also the vest.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
it comes off well. it doesn't need the -morty attribute, and [not an artist] can you put the watch face at a more natural angle? those are the two things that stick out to me

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also the flaming burnout are too far apart at the bottom :spergin:

on second thought, you suck start again :argh:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

mclast posted:

it comes off well. it doesn't need the -morty attribute, and [not an artist] can you put the watch face at a more natural angle? those are the two things that stick out to me

That's how people wore watches in the 80s.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense without the Delorian? Also how is that a shirt a legally safe parody?

Punch Card posted:

I thought the joke, or at least part of it, is that Rick and Morty are obvious but legally safe parodies of (or inspired by) Doc and Marty.
but it's still infringing on Rick and Morty.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 5, 2014

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense without the Delorian? Also how is that a shirt a legally safe parody?

I thought the joke, or at least part of it, is that Rick and Morty are obvious but legally safe parodies of (or inspired by) Doc and Marty.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It needs no border, no flames and no -Morty at the end of the quote.

Those things all contribute to make it look like a kids shirt. Remove them and it's something a bit more reasonable. Just my two cents.

E: the Send Help doesn't really contribute, either. Just Help would probably be better. Also, smaller lettering.

2E: you have to remember that on a black shirt that framing and the fire will just look weird.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 5, 2014

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I like the flames. Keep em!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can you do a mock-up on a Tshirt background?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waltzing Along posted:

It needs no border, no flames and no -Morty at the end of the quote.

Those things all contribute to make it look like a kids shirt. Remove them and it's something a bit more reasonable. Just my two cents.

E: the Send Help doesn't really contribute, either. Just Help would probably be better. Also, smaller lettering.

2E: you have to remember that on a black shirt that framing and the fire will just look weird.

Hmm. You might be on to something here...

EDIT:

vv Yeah, I'll probably have to add a lower half, or maybe use some halftones to fizz it out so it blends nicer.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 5, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CelticPredator posted:

Hmm. You might be on to something here...

Sans border, you'll have to set this up so the bottom of the image begins at the bottom of the shirt, or just create a border at the bottom of the image.

Also I think "We're stuck in a legally-safe parody knockoff t-shirt!

SEND HELP!" might be funnier.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or put something in front of them to justify the 1/2 figures. Or do their entire bodies.

Looks good. Both with and without flames.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Entire bodies it is. I got it guys, thanks! I'll hopefully be finished and shove it on QWERTEE or something tonight.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If not for the fact you've already got it more or less finalized, I almost think Rick would be better more off in the background staring off at an angle like he doesn't even care.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Just want to check a vote for "keep the flames," they balance the picture really will and just look :krad: generally.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I like the flames too. Makes the shirt go faster

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

This.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

"I don't give a gently caress what you think, Smithee."

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gently caress me, pal.

gently caress you? No no no no no. gently caress me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I just watched close encounters, nice bit at the end there with eye patch morty. I might have missed it, but did doofus rick ever say what happened to his morty?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He didn't have one because he was too much of a doofus to have kids.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I wonder what happened to Mask-dimension Rick in that case. Does the council just pull Ricks and Mortys from other dimensions on the occasion one finds himself without the other, or...?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Schnedwob posted:

I wonder what happened to Mask-dimension Rick in that case. Does the council just pull Ricks and Mortys from other dimensions on the occasion one finds himself without the other, or...?

I'd like to see a Morty that came into being without a Rick to be his grandfather, to be honest.

Although I guess Rick could have died before Morty was born or something.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Schnedwob posted:

Well, Rick was given a voucher for a free Morty, so they clearly have some way to cultivate them.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Imasalmon posted:

Well, Rick was given a voucher for a free Morty, so they clearly have some way to cultivate them.

Clones can't be that hard.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Rawrbomb posted:

Clones can't be that hard.

But then everyone would yell that Rick and Morty was just a low budget Venture Brothers.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

shinymodem posted:

Oh hey look its a rushed licensed adventure game, I guess this counts as Morty's one out of ten adventure, since you play as him the whole time. It's actually pretty funny so far.

http://games.adultswim.com/rick-and-mortys-rushed-licensed-adventure-adventure-online-game.html

I can't figure out what to do in the loving fridge!!!!!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Oh, I can spin these jars all day!"

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe don't sell t-shirts using other people's intellectual property?

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

JayMax posted:

You do understand how parody works right? I mean by definition parody takes other peoples intellectual property.

The show itself uses parody of other people intellectual property. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical for you to get on your high horse about some guy selling parody tv shirts based on someones intellectual property, but not a TV show that does the same thing except makes a poo poo-ton more money?

Granted the TV show does do a lot more than JUST parody Back to the Future, but there's only so much you can fit on a t-shirt.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JayMax posted:

Like 90% of the internet T-shirt market is ripping off other peoples' IP.

The fact that it's more creative than "whoa what if Optimus Prime turned into Dr. Who's police box :awesome:" or "Get this, we draw The Dude but he has Tron colors :awesome:" puts it streets ahead of just about everybody else online.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JayMax posted:

Hey, you found the point of the shirt. Making fun of that poo poo, while being that poo poo.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

CelticPredator posted:

Hey, you found the point of the shirt. Making fun of that poo poo, while being that poo poo.

That doesn't make it legal or a non-lovely thing to do. Tweet it at Justin Roiland, see how he likes it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

JayMax posted:

That doesn't make it legal or a non-lovely thing to do. Tweet it at Justin Roiland, see how he likes it.

When it's done.

Also...

http://www.theshirtlist.com/back-to-the-dimension-c-137-t-shirt/

They do not care. They're loving all the poo poo people are doing. Fan poo poo, shirt poo poo, poo poo poo poo. They're fine with it.

scary ghost dog posted:

This isn't true.

Correct. Parody isn't limited to intellectual properties. Look at all the 9/11 parodies on this site alone!

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 6, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PootieTang posted:

You do understand how parody works right? I mean by definition parody takes other peoples intellectual property.

This isn't true.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

EDIT: Double post.

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

scary ghost dog posted:

This isn't true.

Badly worded maybe. Let me rephrase that.

"An overwhelming majority of the time, parody takes other peoples intellectual property."

Still the guy is being a total rear end. What kind of stick in the mud do you have to be to whine about someone selling a novelty t-shirt on the internet based on a show you like anyhow?

Maybe the guy just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :shrug:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PootieTang posted:

Badly worded maybe. Let me rephrase that.

"An overwhelming majority of the time, parody takes other peoples intellectual property."

Still the guy is being a total rear end. What kind of stick in the mud do you have to be to whine about someone selling a novelty t-shirt on the internet based on a show you like anyhow?

Maybe the guy just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :shrug:

It's apparently not in your wheelhouse to either define words or defend nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

To be fair, I don't entirely disagree with him. But at the same time, it's super fun to do and I try to make something that hopefully isn't obnoxious or too out there. I think the only shirt I've ever made that was in the "bad dumb" area was a Regular Show shirt Breaking Bad parody. Outside of there being two main characters, the connection is nil. Bad shirt. However I'm wearing a Rick and Morty T-Shirt right now thanks to internet parody people. So there is good.

But I do get tired of "DR. WHO+PONY!" poo poo because none of those things are connected. DR. Who does not go well with everything. (or anything for that matter).

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 6, 2014

• Locked thread