Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bad rear end needs no explanation.

Here's nature demonstrating what it means via extreme pyrotechnics.
Provide your own heavy metal background music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I was just about to make a new thread.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Comrade Bear enjoying vodka with Boris

If drive, no problem

Election very serious somber moment

Typical children garden

Life hard in russia even for baby

Even in russia we wear designer boots

gently caress you latvia xa xa xa

Lies of kapitalist pigs, russian womens age graceful

In cold of winter, Russian Man knows how to fight hypothermia:

Russian children going to lyceum.

Be careful where park in Saint Petersburg Leningradskaya

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Comrade Bear enjoying vodka with Boris

If drive, no problem

Election very serious somber moment

Typical children garden

Life hard in russia even for baby

Even in russia we wear designer boots

gently caress you latvia xa xa xa

Lies of kapitalist pigs, russian womens age graceful

In cold of winter, Russian Man knows how to fight hypothermia:

Russian children going to lyceum.

Be careful where park in Saint Petersburg Leningradskaya

:stare: That dude sitting in the fire lookin all :smug:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
That bad rear end isn't bad-rear end at all :mad:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

That last one of the Pyramids at Giza always blows me away. At the time Cleopatra was looking at them, they were already more ancient to her than she is to us. They were also by far the tallest structure in the world until the Eiffel Tower was built. Just amazing structures.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

DUUUUUTCCCCHHHHHHH INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEEE

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Spent half the day cutting down a tree with a chainsaw. So here is someone doing it the hard way.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"40% of Afghanistan's skateboarders are female. 100% of those are tough as nails."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

"Beats off", surely?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Man, that face shines with accomplishment.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jive One posted:

They were also by far the tallest structure in the world until the Eiffel Tower was built.

*Lincoln Cathedral

(Washington Monument too, and half a dozen others)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Adam Sandler is doing well these days

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
My mate took this one by accident while testing a new lens

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Brb, just gonna copy images from last thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Roy Benavidez

In 1965 he stepped on a landmine in Vietnam and the doctors told him he would never walk again.

quote:

Getting out of bed at night (against doctors orders), Benavidez would crawl using his elbows and chin to a wall near his bedside and (with the encouragement of his fellow patients, many of whom were permanently paralyzed and/or missing limbs), he would prop himself against the wall and attempt to lift himself unaided, starting by wiggling his toes, then his feet, and then eventually (after several months of excruciating practice that by his own admission often left him in tears) pushing himself up the wall with his ankles and legs.[1] After over a year of hospitalization, Benavidez walked out of the hospital in July 1966, with his wife at his side, determined to return to combat in Vietnam.

And after all that he then went on to complete loving Special Forces training. By 1968 he was back in Vietnam with Special Forces as part of the Studies and Observation Group(SOG), a unit which was featured in Call of Duty:BlacK Ops.

Here's his Medal of Honor citation:

quote:

Master Sergeant (then Staff Sergeant) Roy P. BENAVIDEZ United States Army, distinguished himself by a series of daring and extremely valorous actions on 2 May 1968 while assigned to Detachment B56, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), 1st Special Forces, Republic of Vietnam.
On the morning of 2 May 1968, a 12-man Special Forces Reconnaissance Team was inserted by helicopters in a dense jungle area west of Loc Ninh, Vietnam to gather intelligence information about confirmed large-scale enemy activity. This area was controlled and routinely patrolled by the North Vietnamese Army. After a short period of time on the ground, the team met heavy enemy resistance, and requested emergency extraction. Three helicopters attempted extraction, but were unable to land due to intense enemy small arms and anti-aircraft fire.
Sergeant BENAVIDEZ was at the Forward Operating Base in Loc Ninh monitoring the operation by radio when these helicopters returned to off-load wounded crew members and to assess aircraft damage. Sergeant Benavidez voluntarily boarded a returning aircraft to assist in another extraction attempt. Realizing that all the team members were either dead or wounded and unable to move to the pickup zone, he directed the aircraft to a nearby clearing where he jumped from the hovering helicopter, and ran approximately 75 meters under withering small arms fire to the crippled team.
Prior to reaching the team's position he was wounded in his right leg, face, and head. Despite these painful injuries, he took charge, repositioning the team members and directing their fire to facilitate the landing of an extraction aircraft, and the loading of wounded and dead team members. He then threw smoke canisters to direct the aircraft to the team's position. Despite his severe wounds and under intense enemy fire, he carried and dragged half of the wounded team members to the awaiting aircraft. He then provided protective fire by running alongside the aircraft as it moved to pick up the remaining team members. As the enemy's fire intensified, he hurried to recover the body and classified documents on the dead team leader.
When he reached the leader's body, Sergeant BENAVIDEZ was severely wounded by small arms fire in the abdomen and grenade fragments in his back. At nearly the same moment, the aircraft pilot was mortally wounded, and his helicopter crashed. Although in extremely critical condition due to his multiple wounds, Sergeant Benavidez secured the classified documents and made his way back to the wreckage, where he aided the wounded out of the overturned aircraft, and gathered the stunned survivors into a defensive perimeter. Under increasing enemy automatic weapons and grenade fire, he moved around the perimeter distributing water and ammunition to his weary men, reinstilling in them a will to live and fight. Facing a buildup of enemy opposition with a beleaguered team, Sergeant BENAVIDEZ mustered his strength, began calling in tactical air strikes and directed the fire from supporting gunships to suppress the enemy's fire and so permit another extraction attempt.
He was wounded again in his thigh by small arms fire while administering first aid to a wounded team member just before another extraction helicopter was able to land. His indomitable spirit kept him going as he began to ferry his comrades to the craft. On his second trip with the wounded, he was clubbed from behind by an enemy soldier. In the ensuing hand-to-hand combat, he sustained additional wounds to his head and arms before killing his adversary.[4][note 1] He then continued under devastating fire to carry the wounded to the helicopter. Upon reaching the aircraft, he spotted and killed two enemy soldiers who were rushing the craft from an angle that prevented the aircraft door gunner from firing upon them. With little strength remaining, he made one last trip to the perimeter to ensure that all classified material had been collected or destroyed, and to bring in the remaining wounded.
Only then, in extremely serious condition from numerous wounds and loss of blood, did he allow himself to be pulled into the extraction aircraft. Sergeant BENAVIDEZS' gallant choice to join voluntarily his comrades who were in critical straits, to expose himself constantly to withering enemy fire, and his refusal to be stopped despite numerous severe wounds, saved the lives of at least eight men. His fearless personal leadership, tenacious devotion to duty, and extremely valorous actions in the face of overwhelming odds were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service, and reflect the utmost credit on him and the United States Army.

Dude received enough injuries to kill like 10 people yet somehow he didn't die. People often comment on how he looks fat for a Special Forces soldier. That picture was taken in 1981 after he had already left the army and had been in and out of hospitals for years to fix all those injuries he received on May 2, 1968.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

:colbert:

Tumblr of scotch has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Jun 6, 2014

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!

When you think about how loving huge a Saturn V rocket is, that picture is even more impressive.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/images/content/618796main_1969-03-11-1600_946-710.jpg

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Mustang posted:

Roy Benavidez

In 1965 he stepped on a landmine in Vietnam and the doctors told him he would never walk again.

And after all that he then went on to complete loving Special Forces training. By 1968 he was back in Vietnam with Special Forces as part of the Studies and Observation Group(SOG), a unit which was featured in Call of Duty:BlacK Ops.

Here's his Medal of Honor citation:

Dude received enough injuries to kill like 10 people yet somehow he didn't die. People often comment on how he looks fat for a Special Forces soldier. That picture was taken in 1981 after he had already left the army and had been in and out of hospitals for years to fix all those injuries he received on May 2, 1968.

Jesus Christ. He was so badly wounded that doctors literally thought he was dead until he managed to spit at them to show he was alive. Are we sure this guy isn't some sort of time-travelling cyborg?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BBJoey posted:

Jesus Christ. He was so badly wounded that doctors literally thought he was dead until he managed to spit at them to show he was alive. Are we sure this guy isn't some sort of time-travelling cyborg?

You could make an action movie out of the poo poo he did and people would laugh it off as unrealistic. Goddamn.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Is this from the Rio World Cup Riots?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Both photos are at least several years old. The luchador photo is from a 2011 protest in Mexico after the SME electrical union was banned.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This is Phineas Gage

The object he is holding is an iron rod three feet seven inches (1.1 m) long that was was driven completely through his head in a rock-blasting accident.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Lemon posted:

This is Phineas Gage

The object he is holding is an iron rod three feet seven inches (1.1 m) long that was was driven completely through his head in a rock-blasting accident.

...if you know what I mean. ;)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen a picture of the real Gage. In high school psychology class way back in...97? Cripes I'm old...we watched a documentary about his accident and how it changed his personality.

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Pardon me gents while I go for a spin on my TANK BIKE