Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dukka is famous!!!

http://shineira4356.tumblr.com/post/87846154321/a-small-collection-of-funny-character-or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Guest2553 posted:

e. vvvv It looks like that place in GW1 where you'd follow a bunny to a secret grove and then get ambushed by like 50 mobs.

Is that actually a thing?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Dreggon posted:

It was one of the better places to solo farm if I recall correctly.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Dreggon posted:

Yes. You follow a cute little bunny and when you get into its lair it turns into a mesmer boss and you get killed by ghosts.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Dreggon posted:

Yep, one of the better people at Arenanet (Linsey Murdock) was responsible for that. She used to be the head of the Live Team for GW1 but I'm not really sure what she's doing these days with GW2. She also designed the new area they added after you beat the Lich, which I helped run through to test it out with her after it was first added. As I recall we actually found some bug with it then involving the portal to warp out lol.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also back when Kryta was actually mostly swamp, there'd be will-o-wisps outside Lion's Arch that would just lead you to dead ends with monsters and poison water.

Is there any good way to build a condition necro without using a scepter? Dagger/lich form is so fun and satisfying, but scepter and plague form just don't do it for me. I wanna like the axe, too, but its autoattack is so anemic compared to the dagger, and the range doesn't do much for me. My current strategy is to just gather up some mobs, drop a Well of Suffering and my multitarget weapon skills (dagger 5, axe 3, dagger 4), then pop into death shroud for tainted shackles/life transfer and just using whatever's off cooldown from there, swapping to staff/lich as needed.

I really ought to just get zerker gear, I guess. :smithicide:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Waci posted:

Yes. You follow a cute little bunny and when you get into its lair it turns into a mesmer boss and you get killed by ghosts.

I fought a Mesmer boss here whose special ability was polymorph kitty and I had to kill a fern dog each time to return to normal. So I'd say the Twilight Arbor's Hall of Heart's Remorse was inspired by that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

How are the classes these days? Is Warrior still woefully overpowered? Thinking of getting back into this and rolling something new - but I'm curious how they are balanced these days.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Every class is well-balanced with multiple viable builds these days. Warrior is still easiest to faceroll over most open world and dungeon PvE content, but no class is particularly far behind anymore. I understand PvP is way more balanced now too.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
All fairly even, warrior hasn't been the best in pve for a long time now. Rangers the easiest to do pve in, eles do the most damage. Spvp is in a good spot, it favours condition specs while pve favours power.

A few classes struggle in large scale WvW fights compared to others though, particularly Ranger due to the pet.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Anet is doing a video today on the new story journal at 12 PM PST.
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

So I decided to create a new Guardian and go through the game again. It's kind of fun!

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Eh, not really anymore. Strength runes and high sustain are the flavor of the half year in spvp.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 6, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Dunno if you're replying to me but both those are applicable to condition and power builds.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Schpyder posted:

Every class is well-balanced with multiple viable builds these days. Warrior is still easiest to faceroll over most open world and dungeon PvE content, but no class is particularly far behind anymore. I understand PvP is way more balanced now too.

Great - thank you!

How is Thief these days? I was pretty into it at launch but found it weak as I went on.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The ideal thing to do is log in, make a thief and screw around with it in the mists.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Visidan posted:

Dunno if you're replying to me but both those are applicable to condition and power builds.

Yeah, conditions still have a place in spvp but they aren't the king of spvp anymore.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It's more balanced than it used to be that's for sure, I still see a majority of people using them unfortunately which is bad for me since my favorite build is weak to conditions.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

gently caress.
ARAH.

I remember taking a nice screenshot of arah's rear end, though.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Visidan posted:

It's more balanced than it used to be that's for sure, I still see a majority of people using them unfortunately which is bad for me since my favorite build is weak to conditions.

I see a ton of Warriors running condition builds which is annoying as all hell. They're super tanky and poo poo out bleeds. I always rock Null Field on my mesmer but one some of my characters they're hard to deal with. I'm also really bad at spvp when I'm not playing some kind of a bunker build.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I kinda want to be this guy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Goons!! Vote for me (number 3) and Princess Anime (number 10) in this silly fashion contest! :allears:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Mix-and-Match-Fashion-Challenge-Voting/page/3#post4098334

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 6, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Stream is on now, tons of people are screwing around in the background.

Talking about the journal.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goons!! Vote for me (number 3) and Princess Anime (number 10) in this silly fashion contest! :allears:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Mix-and-Match-Fashion-Challenge-Voting/page/3#post4098334

All these outfits are so boring it hurts.

Visidan posted:

Stream is on now, tons of people are screwing around in the background.

Talking about the journal.

Anything good yet?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Especially 3 and 10.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Done.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Dukka posted:

Especially 3 and 10.

I'd wear a blindfold too if my outfit looked like Barney the Dinosaur threw up his spaghetti dinner on me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair, most Sylvari wind up looking cross-eyed so I can't blame Anime for covering her eyes up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SFD-kun, so tsundere~

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Anything good yet?

Just a little info we didn't know and a mess of players spamming every tonic in the background.

Here's what I remember.

They plan to bring back Season 1 in the future, no one is currently working on it however. Season 1 was not designed with the journal in mind. Season 1 will require some series work since parts of it were massive zerg events like battle for LA, some updates wouldn't be brought back like the Tequatal update since it's part of the game anyway. (Sounds like season 1 content would need to be redesigned heavily)

No more meta achievements, you complete the episode you get the reward.

After the episode is complete you unlock the skill based achievements, they will be difficult (maybe like liadri?) and anet don't expect everyone to complete them. They say no one will feel pressured into feeling the must have them or that it was required for anything.

Stuff about GW2 and horizontal progression.

Permanent content in season 2.

Some stuff will not be permanent, they gave the beached whales and warning signposts for southsun as an example as something that could happen for a period of time then go. (I don't remember any whales in the game except -=Arus and the Gem Pact Gang=- or any warning sign poo poo) Basically set ups for the events.

Compared season 2 with tv shows that you can record and play back whenever or purchase if you were gone for a long time or on holiday. Briefly poked fun at the seconds of time to log in required to get it for free.

Colin killed scarlet 50 times in dev.

Open world stuff is available to everyone even if they don't have any episodes unlocked.

You can play past episodes with friends even if they don't have it unlocked, they just don't get any cheevo rewards. If you and your buddies have it unlocked they can choose to accept progression when you complete it with them.

No time limit on the achievements like dailies and season 1 LS.

Lots of stuff ties into Guild Wars 1 in Season 2.

Then just as the stream cut out something about birds.

EDIT: I mean no time limit on the Living Story stuff.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 6, 2014

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The direction they're going in seems to lend itself better to content being replayable and mission-like. Does that mean we're going to see fewer zergfests (Scarlet Invasions, LA attack, etc.) and more solo/small/medium group things (Zephyr crystals, Pavilion arena, green&purple tower)?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Theoretically they'd have both, the large events could be part of the open world and permanent. So like Southsun/Orr is currently. This is what I gathered from what they were saying, might be wrong.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Visidan posted:

Then just as the stream cut out something about birds.

Such a tease.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Birds have been cancelled. Next year will be birds. They have released whales as pets and one legendary whale named Arus.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Did someone say birds?!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Isorenieratane posted:

Living story season 2 journal: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

No more temporary rewards and the ability to replay past living story content sounds great.
Man I've been saying they should do this forever. The setup for season one made no sense if you consider the personal story.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

I really like the new LS format. I am normally too lazy and/or forgetful to finish anything in a 2 week window.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Visidan posted:

Some stuff will not be permanent, they gave the beached whales and warning signposts for southsun as an example as something that could happen for a period of time then go. (I don't remember any whales in the game except -=Arus and the Gem Pact Gang=- or any warning sign poo poo) Basically set ups for the events.
The whales happened during Lost Shores, before any of the actual karka stuff was introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Here's something interesting, somebody used the WvW API to pull out how many guilds are playing WvW by looking at what guilds are claiming. I think it's total guilds ever since the API opened up, so it's not the current number of guilds.
http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/

SFD is really outpacing Goon Squad on the WvW front.
SFD: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=036BCF20-14D8-47FE-8C4F-2C32E6759A10
Goon Squad: http://gw2.brutebyte.com/api2/guild?guild_key=EEC7F606-E5EC-4C83-A302-CCFEA91CE261

• Locked thread