Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Welcome to the Playstation 4 Shark Tank thread, made by me. I'm honest enough to know that despite beating the absolute living poo poo out of the XBone, and Nintendo not even trying to keep up lately, that I have my own problems. Plenty in fact, though usually different from whatever 'Fame Anim8DouglasXboxOne' might bring up. Regardless of this, I should strive to be much 'better then just better then the no used/DRM/lockdown/camera/anti-consumer XBone', beating that should be an assumption, not a praise.

Let's bring up some common complaints, no holding back now, my current handheld brother is open to this as well.

Playstation 4:

A Lack of Games
Partly Explainable as a Launch symptom, though it really is one that should have died off by now. I haven't had much in the way of good Retail faced games this generation so far. I've made up for it a bit with lots of indies and digital titles, and some of you actually seem to prefer this! Regardless, buying me at the moment is a waiting game for a lot of people just on accounts of my still small library.

Data Corruption
While it was patched mostly back in January, I still have some issues with save game and data corruption, and really should get that fixed.

Playstation Store
I have a charge for most of my multiplayer games now. There really is no reason I should still have a far inferior infrastructure for my online store and setups. Much slower to use and having common small glitches seems minor to some, but it's really a thing that should be in the past.

Falsified Graphical Advertisements
Killzone: Shadow Fall being the elephant in the room here. There are points where games my Developers claim run at a resolution either rely on interlacing or other tricks to actually pull off. It may seem odd to complain to some but truth is a matter of it's own regard.

PS Vita:

Proprietary Memory
A shameful continuation of a dumb concept from the original PSP, why do we as a company need to keep doing this, especially when for both PS4 and PS3 we allow third party storage just fine? Our sales of the machine would be much easier if people, especially those in already expensive nations such as Aus and the UK could just get Micro or Standard Fat SDs.

Please do use this thread to bring up all other issues you need to vent on myself and my brother.
Maybe and hopefully a Sony employee or someone will read and possibly make the games industry better off for improved service. :unsmith:

Also I was never Fame I was this guy \/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It was me all along.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They called the fourth playstation playstation 4.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Close this thread

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH- :aaaaa:

Not Fame Lifeles posted:

Welcome to the Playstation 4 Shark Tank thread, made by me...

Oh. :sigh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

And they still expect me to use X for confirm when it was oringally O for confirm and it confuses the hell out of me every time I replay MGS1 for like a couple minutes before I get used to it. What were they thinking!?

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

"I've never modelled a blue tit in my life."
:raise:
I am literally an alt account for 343 Industries employee
:siren: -A n i m 8- :siren:

I love them big blue holographic TITTAYS!

:pervert:
Are you also the Xbox One account?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Fame Lifeles posted:

Afraid not, Xbox One.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fame Lifeles posted:

post the thread

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
You should be less self-conscious. That Killzone "thing"? Nobody noticed or cared, unless they were spiteful out of jealousy.

You've done plenty great. Treat yourself a little. :)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

mr.capps posted:

post the thread

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Posting in the first person; nice touch. :cheers:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Playstation 3 is where the games are at.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Someone should buy Playstation 4 the same title as Fame and Anim8.

This is as close as we're getting to "the thread" getting posted.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 6, 2014

Fame Lifeles
Nov 25, 2013

"I've never modelled a blue tit in my life."
:raise:
I am literally an alt account for 343 Industries employee
:siren: -A n i m 8- :siren:

I love them big blue holographic TITTAYS!

:pervert:
They called Infamous 3 SECOND son and it sucked so badly that the Lead designer Jaime Griesemer quit Sucker Punch studios when it was released. Sales of the game were also bad :(

And that is by far the best thing you can play on your PS4 until at least 2015.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I feel like we could do a lot more with the Vita, but maybe it'd be like kicking a corpse at this point.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fame Lifeles posted:

They called Infamous 3 SECOND son and it sucked so badly that the Lead designer Jaime Griesemer quit Sucker Punch studios when it was released. Sales of the game were also bad :(

I liked it. Jamie did a great job with the combat. It was a visual treat as well! Can you explain why you thought it sucked? I think it has problems, but what it does right outweighs that. I'm interested in hearing a contrary opinion. :)

P.s. I didn't care for the title either :P

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Original_Z posted:

I feel like we could do a lot more with the Vita, but maybe it'd be like kicking a corpse at this point.

I won a Vita from a taco bell promotion in my yearly "does taco bell still give me horrendous stomach issues" visit a few years back. I barely use the fucker because despite having a ton of free games on it I cant store jack on it without paying fuckloads for Sony's stupid proprietary memory. Also the thing is awkward as gently caress to hold for any period of time. Sony made the DS4 fuckin awesome so they have someone over there that understands ergonomics, I guess they were on vacation during the design phase?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
so is this thread going to just be animat8/FameWhoever talking to himself on all his various accounts

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
thought this was going to be a game based on the tv show shark tank released on the ps4
very disappointed op

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

StarkRavingMad posted:

so is this thread going to just be animat8/FameWhoever talking to himself on all his various accounts

If the Xbox One thread is an indication, there'll be some horrible racism thrown in for good measure. So look forward to that!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The PS4 is well on it's way to becoming the dominant system this generation, there just isn't much worthwhile content out for it now to justify spending hundreds of dollars unless your rich. A PC is still probably the best investment if you want to play vidja gaems, and a PC can be used for a hell of a lot more then just that. Couch gaming will always have its place though and the PS4 despite it's faults will beat the laughable competition in that arena.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Are you roleplaying as a personified Playstation 4 console?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is it just me or is it impossible to join a game as a party on the PS4? Every time a friend and I join a game we get separated - even when there's room for us to remain on the same team (or party).

I've never had this problem with the 360, but this has also happened with BF4, Killzone, and now Watch Dogs.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
It happened...

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Does this laughable excuse for a platform cost less than $200, let me use homebrew, and have something more worth playing on it than Resogun cause that's when I'll buy one tia

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Once I bought a CD player from Sony. After two years the lens went off and it would not play CDs anymore. Horrible memories.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I also made a dent in my DS4 pad with the nail of the thumb! How terrible!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

limaCAT posted:

I also made a dent in my DS4 pad with the nail of the thumb! How terrible!

Cut your loving nails.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Charles Martel posted:

Does this laughable excuse for a platform cost less than $200, let me use homebrew, and have something more worth playing on it than Resogun cause that's when I'll buy one tia

It has more to play than Resogun, it has the best version of Ground Zeroes and Infamous Second Son is good for a weekend rental, but if you have a PC and play indie games on that, the PS4 is fairly pointless.

I can homebrew my PS3 though so I don't mind.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Cut your loving nails.

Too late! Sony should have known and prevented it! :argh:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

If you actually give a poo poo about good exclusives then the best console is the Wii U, wrap it up resolutionailures.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fame Lifeles posted:

Hey Kinectles, is this the correct thread to ask you how Sony beat Microsoft during March when Microsoft had Titanfall and Sony had no good game?

A link reporting on March NPD Numbers.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lol nice brown boxes Sorny.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I think the real question is which console is more likely to become sentient starting a nuclear war leading to the genocide of all humanity

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Sleepy Owl posted:

I think the real question is which console is more likely to become sentient starting a nuclear war leading to the genocide of all humanity

The playstation 2, duh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sleepy Owl posted:

the virtual boy

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

cat doter posted:

Ground Zeroes and Infamous Second Son

:lol: Gaming is hosed

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Charles Martel posted:

:lol: Gaming is hosed

:( you were a pretty cool guy in the Gog thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rinkles posted:

:( you were a pretty cool guy in the Gog thread

That's because the classics like games on GOG remind me of when gaming wasn't a cesspool of overblown budgets and K/D ratios. There's too many leaks in my cynicism tank nowadays.

• Locked thread