Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Lik Sang wept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Charles Martel posted:

That's because the classics like games on GOG remind me of when gaming wasn't a cesspool of overblown budgets and K/D ratios. There's too many leaks in my cynicism tank nowadays.

Do you have a shrine for every studio EA destroyed, or just one big one?
God, I miss Bullfrog so much... :smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Charles Martel posted:

That's because the classics like games on GOG remind me of when gaming wasn't a cesspool of overblown budgets and K/D ratios. There's too many leaks in my cynicism tank nowadays.

But you bought an xbox one and enjoy titanfall. not a criticism of your taste, just seems hypocritical

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rinkles posted:

But you bought an xbox one and enjoy titanfall. not a criticism of your taste, just seems hypocritical

:thejoke:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

okay. Infamous is a pretty good game btw.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Close this lovely thread, it was nobody else's to post.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Remake the thread anim8 lifeless.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Fame Lifeles posted:

They called Infamous 3 SECOND son and it sucked so badly that the Lead designer Jaime Griesemer quit Sucker Punch studios when it was released. Sales of the game were also bad :(

And that is by far the best thing you can play on your PS4 until at least 2015.

I'm happy for you man, it's like buying a battery chicken and letting it run free.

Post, my friend, post like you've never posted before!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

He'd bury the forums in poo poo up to our ears.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm all for not artificially expanding the length of a game and I actually kinda liked Second Son's story, but it's too drat short. It looks amazing, is pretty fun, but paying $60 for a game you can beat on a saturday and have nothing left to do is kinda bullshit. Transistor is $20 and is great for pretty much the same reasons, and it's on PS4. Indie games 4 eva.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
hm

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So has anyone ever asked a Sony Rep on Twitter or the like about the Prop memory for the Vita? They seem more receptive to criticism from that direction now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Or why Youtube isn't an app, but has to be accessed through the PS4's browser? Even though it has the same content restrictions as say, the 360's app?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

StealthArcher posted:

So has anyone ever asked a Sony Rep on Twitter or the like about the Prop memory for the Vita? They seem more receptive to criticism from that direction now.

They're even more receptive to cash though, so it's not going to change.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Coldforge posted:

They're even more receptive to cash though, so it's not going to change.

Might change if they're led to believe it sells more Vitas and thus games. Tit for tat and all.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

StealthArcher posted:

Might change if they're led to believe it sells more Vitas and thus games. Tit for tat and all.

Pretty sure Sony themselves manufacture the memory, the huge markup and the fact they make it themselves rather than Foxconn makes it a surprisingly not poo poo business move.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

"Surprisingly not poo poo" is pretty much the narrative when it comes to the Vita anyway.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Close this thread

PS4lure thread success vs xbone thread success are inversely proportional to their actual console success

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Fame Lifeles posted:

They called Infamous 3 SECOND son and it sucked so badly that the Lead designer Jaime Griesemer quit Sucker Punch studios when it was released. Sales of the game were also bad :(

And that is by far the best thing you can play on your PS4 until at least 2015.

We threw you a drat birthday party but you're too young to remember

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

check the IP logs. if Playstation 4 != Fame Lifeles, close the thread.

There can only be one, and it's Fame Lifeles's to make.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cantorsdust posted:

check the IP logs. if Playstation 4 != Fame Lifeles, close the thread.

There can only be one, and it's Fame Lifeles's to make.

I know the secret of Playstation 4 but am unwilling to share.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

I know the secret of Playstation 4 but am unwilling to share until Fame Lifeles posts the real thread.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Playstation, more like Delaystation.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am ashamed of you guys. A proper sharktank thread for the PS4 and it's just an injection of the Xbone Sharktank in-jokes. So I, a PoS4 owner, will try to rectify some of that. Mainly by complaining my loving head off. Let's start:

Where the gently caress is the media support? They said it was coming. It's absolutely ridiculous that I cannot play my own music or movie files, much less any in-home media streaming. Why isn't there a YouTube app and why the hell is every media app for web content runs like a piece of poo poo compared to a 5 year old laptop playing the same content in Internet Explorer? I mean, I can get a loving ancient laptop and go on YouTube and get a video buffering in 720p paused. But on PS3 YouTube app I cannot pause it to buffer or select a quality option. I'm just meant to have fiber or dial up and it's dumb as gently caress.

Yo, Killzone devs and related Sony guys. You said you wanted to remove splash screens from games. Where the gently caress is that, huh? There's only so many times I care to read that this is a Playstation Studio some such game. I didn't care that my PC games were meant to be played on Nvidia and I don't care that a loving icon indicates saving. Where's my drat suspend and resume? It's already partly there whenever you go to upload share button video. Speaking of, let me loving upload that poo poo, screenshots and videos, to skydrive or boxcloud or whatever the gently caress so I can edit it and put it on YouTube myself. gently caress your share factory that adds ANOTHER splash screen because we weren't sick of those already.

Hey, stop being so secret about Uncharted. You already broke your thing you had going where the next uncharted should have been unkarted. At least show us the game already. And give us the Last of Us remastered release date with a good price. Hint: $60 is not a good price.

And how in the world did they take 2 steps forward and one step back from the PS3 XMB? The UI on the PS4 is pretty and all and I find the options, store and friends list and download management a whole ton better. But why in the bloody hell are the games just spread out in an infinite line to the right? They were joking when people said they liked the Xbox 360 NXE.

That's all I got for now I think. Love the console, but god drat get loving going. You're taking forever to deliver on promises more than a presidential candidate.

Did your job Fame, I'll be happy to take payment.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ularg posted:

pre:
M
 A
  R
   C
    H 

N
       P
        D

N
           U
            M
             B
              E
               R
                S

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That too.

Post the thread Anim8 Lifeles!!!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you bought either system this early, you're an idiot. Get a Wii U.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hat Thoughts posted:

If you bought either system this early, you're an idiot. Get a Wii U.

Haha this guy.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Do you have a Wii U? Oh that's what I thought...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Nintendo consoles and games are garbage, much like the PS4.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Mario is a handsome and powerful italian stallion you skullfucker.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hat Thoughts posted:

Mario is a handsome and powerful italian stallion you skullfucker.

He's a fat shitpiper with a pedostache mate.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Not a Flame Lifeless thread voted 2.

Also PSN download speeds are garbage and where's pause/resume yeah thanks for downloading 5 things at the same time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Not a Flame Lifeless thread voted 2.

Also PSN download speeds are garbage and where's pause/resume yeah thanks for downloading 5 things at the same time.

And for failing to upload cloud saves every time.

Yes, I haven't played Killzone since a month after launch and every time I boot up the PS4 it tells me it has failed to upload its cloud saves. Great service PS+.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

cat doter posted:

Pretty sure Sony themselves manufacture the memory, the huge markup and the fact they make it themselves rather than Foxconn makes it a surprisingly not poo poo business move.

If Sony wanted to use proprietary memory I wish they would've made a single type and used it for both expanded memory and retail games. Then they could have included 2 slots on the console, to be used how the owner wished - 2 games, 2 memory cards, or one of each (though 2 games would really demand some internal memory as well). Plus it likely would have made them cheaper over time due to making a single memory type in larger amounts rather than two types in smaller amounts.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

This loving console still doesn't support resuming games from standby.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The PS4 is alright in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Rated 1 for lovely OP.
e: who is not Fame Lifeles, I am so disappointed in you.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 6, 2014

• Locked thread