Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Only in this thread would someone say "you ain't a true collector unless you have [x obscure developer item]" and be met with a "o rly" image response :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quidnose posted:

Only in this thread would someone say "you ain't a true collector unless you have [x obscure developer item]" and be met with a "o rly" image response :v:

It's a good learning experience for some of us. I had no idea there was a Test PS3. I now need to find one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
For those of you who don't read the 3DS thread, Natsume announced they're bringing the new Ressha de Iko/Take the A-Train game for 3DS in North America:

quote:

Combining the best of both city simulation games and transportation simulation games, A-Train: City Simulator for 3DS is sure to be a hit with fans of both genres! As the newly promoted head of the local transportation agency, it’s your job to make sure that both the city and its transportation system run smoothly! From buses, trains, and subways, you’ll have to think about the best way to incorporate these into the city while avoiding possible bottlenecks and frustrated citizens!

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

BisterdDave posted:

It's a good learning experience for some of us. I had no idea there was a Test PS3. I now need to find one.

It's not as necessary since I can only think of one region-locked PS3 game. Being able to up- and downgrade at will is nice, though, so I was able to downgrade to 3.50 with one PUP then update to a 4.50 DEX CFW.

e: Though I will say the existence of this option entirely justifies it :v

Only Shallow fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 6, 2014

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

BisterdDave posted:

Technically, a PS3 Testkit is just a factory-fresh fat PS3 with the Testkit firmware. I can verify this from experience, as I have flashed fat PS3s into Testkits and vice versa.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For those of you who don't read the 3DS thread, Natsume announced they're bringing the new Ressha de Iko/Take the A-Train game for 3DS in North America:

Nice. I just got A-Train 8 a little while ago for my PC and haven't been able to dig into it much, but putting a building game on a portable system is always nice.

Only Shallow posted:

It's not as necessary since I can only think of one region-locked PS3 game.

There's actually two of them that I can recall but the other one is a really special situation where the movie included as a bonus on the disk was the hang up rather than trying to region protect the game.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 6, 2014

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SilentW posted:

Technically, a PS3 Testkit is just a factory-fresh fat PS3 with the Testkit firmware. I can verify this from experience, as I have flashed fat PS3s into Testkits and vice versa.

Although that sounds great, it would bother me knowing it's not the real thing. This is what keeps me from getting flash carts.

Only Shallow posted:

e: Though I will say the existence of this option entirely justifies it :v

Can you explain what this option does?

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 6, 2014

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Sets the PS3 to use Circle as the main selection button instead of X, for some reason it was switched on US systems going back to the PS2 days. If you look at the layout it's obvious circle was supposed to be "yes" and X "no" and that's how it is on Japanese systems.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

That is awesome if it is what I think it is.

On Japanese Playstation systems, O is "accept" and X is "cancel."
On Western systems this is reversed.

There is no way to override this setting on a stock system.

Furthermore, game programming can take one of two approaches:

Either a game will be programmed to "use O and X" or a game will be programmed to "use the accept button and the cancel button." The problem is if you're using an American PS3 or PS4 this will be reversed, so for example I'll be playing a Japanese Yakuza game and get a button prompt telling me to press O, except I have to push X. But only for certain prompts, others are programmed differently and work normally. :psyduck:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

d0s posted:

Sets the PS3 to use Circle as the main selection button instead of X, for some reason it was switched on US systems going back to the PS2 days. If you look at the layout it's obvious circle was supposed to be "yes" and X "no" and that's how it is on Japanese systems.

It is a neat option, but I'm fine with muscle-memory telling me to press X for "yes". Since I love watching cutscenes in games, I hate how pressing "Start" in hopes of just pausing the cutscene will actually skip the whole thing. This always happens during the intro too, so you either suck it up and move on, or restart just to watch it.

BisterdDave fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 6, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

It is a neat option, but I'm fine with muscle-memory telling me to press X for "yes".

Never play a Japanese version of a game.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

d0s posted:

That option exists on regular PS3's as well, doesn't it? I thought I stumbled across it but it turned out that not every game recognized the setting.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Japanese Yakuza games get a bit finicky about that sometimes. It's mildly irritating.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

univbee posted:

Never play a Japanese version of a game.

I can adapt if the game is good enough. I think the harder part would be knowing what the game is saying and when it's asking for my yes or no input.

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

SilentW posted:

Sony likes to break those so I wouldn't bother if the real thing is available.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Ok so I randomly come across a picture that has raised a pretty big question, and one I've never once thought about. What's the story with the TMNT cover art? Obviously I realize they are in (I think/assume) comic mode and aren't wearing their tv show colors, but what's the scoop with this full on picture? What's the original image from or based on?

-- I'm looking at my TMNT box now (which is beat up to poo poo I must add) and whoaaaa I never noticed the image wraps around the side too!!

--- Found this randomly too haha

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 6, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:spergin: time

It's depicting a scene from issue 4 of Mirage (the original TMNT comics all other TMNT things spawned from). Yeah, they wear all red.

The machine they are standing on is a Transmat machine, which is basically a device that warps stuff across space. The dudes they are fighting are Utroms. They are little brain-ish aliens that use man-shaped robot suits to blend in with humans. You can see the suit closest the the camera has a skin-like covering that is falling off.

Anyway the turtles break into the Utrom's building and the art is based on a battle that happened then. Then the Transmat sends them off to another planet and they go on a space adventure. The art was used as the issue's cover.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_issue_4_%28Mirage%29

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

drat! I'm glad I checked this thread again before going to bed because that was interesting and cool as hell to read. I can even see the teleportation "sparkles" now that I look at it again. Thanks for the coolness man.

VVV Just to clarify my coolness, I was aware they all wore red but had no clue about pretty much anything else. The Utroms and transmat seem cool as hell.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 6, 2014

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The cover's based on the original Mirage TMNT comics, where every turtle had a red bandana.

edit: goddamn it

Just to make this post not worthless, TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project also features another Mirage Comics TMNT villain on the cover: the Triceratons!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
My dad got me that game for me as a kid and that always confused the poo poo out of me. To say my mind has been blown is an understatement, thanks for the full digest on the pic. My step brother will poo poo his pants tomorrow when we talk about it.

Since we have someone that knows TMNT, what brought about the change from all red to the colored bandanas? Just a new series in the comic?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

flyboi posted:

Since we have someone that knows TMNT, what brought about the change from all red to the colored bandanas? Just a new series in the comic?

It was the original TV show so they could tell them apart and make it so you could sell toys.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Silhouette posted:

Just to make this post not worthless, TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project also features another Mirage Comics TMNT villain on the cover: the Triceratons!

Which were introduced in the arc that started at the aforementioned transmat fight! Casey is on that cover too, barely, on the far side.

The Taint Reaper posted:

It was the original TV show so they could tell them apart and make it so you could sell toys.

This is pretty much it, yeah. Somewhere in the negotiations with Playmates toys, probably.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 6, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
It's been forever since I read the comics but I remember the turtles individual personalities being far less exaggerated and distinct in them, so the sort of uniform bandanna made sense for a gang of vengeful murderers.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just came across this translated excerpt from Ken Sugimori's art book - apparently Sega gave them (Game Freak) the option of making a Phantasy Star sequel, but he chose to make Magical Taruruto-kun instead. Oh, what could have been...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/manga-artist-game-designer-ken-sugimoris-work-pokmon/

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tyson Tomko posted:

drat! I'm glad I checked this thread again before going to bed because that was interesting and cool as hell to read. I can even see the teleportation "sparkles" now that I look at it again. Thanks for the coolness man.

VVV Just to clarify my coolness, I was aware they all wore red but had no clue about pretty much anything else. The Utroms and transmat seem cool as hell.

If I remember correctly the 4kids tv show (mid 2000s) did an arc based on the stuff that was just described to you. Utrons, transportation to another world, Triceritons, etc.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the 2003 show had a LOT of episodes that were fairly straight adaptations of Mirage issues.

VVVV: Yeah it is a fun show. 2003 may be my personal overall favorite of the shows though.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just came across this translated excerpt from Ken Sugimori's art book - apparently Sega gave them (Game Freak) the option of making a Phantasy Star sequel, but he chose to make Magical Taruruto-kun instead. Oh, what could have been...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/manga-artist-game-designer-ken-sugimoris-work-pokmon/

Sugimori's old website had some drawings he did (presumably more recently) of some Phantasy Star characters. If you look at his twitter pictures he actually comes off as a Sega fan, it is interesting.

I wonder which Phantasy Start this would have been, two or three maybe?

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 6, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah the 2003 show had a LOT of episodes that were fairly straight adaptations of Mirage issues.

the new show in nick isn't bad either, it had Rosanne barr voice Krang Prime.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I just found out that apparently Battle Arena Toshinden was made without a dev kit or API. That's fairly impressive considering that game was considered somewhat of a graphical and audio powerhouse when it first came out on PS1. Too be fair, a lot of cool games have been made by people who built their own dev software (Quinty!) but the idea of doing it for what was at the time a genre where companies went to flex their graphical muscle is cool.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
OK, now that I (finally) have some chargers in hand, my Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, and (new old) Game Boy Color are all back up and running.

Please suggest unto me your favorite GB Advance, DS, and GB/GBC games so I can start adding to the paltry selections I happen to have with me at the moment.

Once I pick up a charger for my PSP, I'll be back with a similar request, so if you feel so inclined, go ahead and suggest PSP games too. I only brought Space Invaders Extreme, Every Extend Extra, and Lumines with me when I moved (the rest are in storage).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Light Gun Man posted:

Sugimori's old website had some drawings he did (presumably more recently) of some Phantasy Star characters. If you look at his twitter pictures he actually comes off as a Sega fan, it is interesting.

I wonder which Phantasy Start this would have been, two or three maybe?

Well, Phantasy Star 3 came out in Japan in 1990, and Taruruto-kun came out in 1992, so you'd imagine it'd have to be after PS3, at least. I figured it might have been a bit later, seeing as they said they were offered a game based on a fast food franchise which sounds like it may have been offered to Treasure (McDonalds' Treasure Land Adventure), but who knows.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 6, 2014

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

minidracula posted:

Please suggest unto me your favorite GB Advance, DS, and GB/GBC games so I can start adding to the paltry selections I happen to have with me at the moment.

Not knowing your current selection of games, you can't go wrong with the Castlevania's for NDS and GBA. Also, for the GBA, the Zelda titles (Minish Cap and 4 swords) for GBA, warioware for mini games. The two Metriod titles for GBA are also pretty good. They remade Final Fantasy 1 and 2, and the 6th one as well.

Gameboy and GBC, tetris or Picross is a good choice, the Zelda titles are good. I'm kind of the person that loves to crank on puzzle games or RPG's for the GB and GBC as a lot of action or adventure games are really short. Any of the Final Fantasy's or Ultima games are good for RPG. Pokemon, if that is what you are into.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

minidracula posted:

OK, now that I (finally) have some chargers in hand, my Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, and (new old) Game Boy Color are all back up and running.

Mega Man & Bass on GBA -- 99% of the time this game is in the GBA slot of my DS fat because it looks awesome and is fun as poo poo to play.

Final Fantasy Legends 2 on GB -- I've never played the first one and still need to, but when I got this for $5 from a kid mid bus trip in 7th grade to 6 Flags I was pumped. AMAZING music, fantastic story, would recommend to absolutely anyone old enough to enjoy RPGs. I'm a huge fan of laid back turned based RPGs so if that's not your thing pass on it.

Metroid Classic Series GBA -- Nothing super new or different compared to the NES Metroid, but I seem to see this cheap all over the place and it's worth it if only to pop in every once in a while for the music alone haha.

Ace Attorney games on DS -- Game involving court cases, detective work, evidence gathering, proving people wrong, sounds lame and dry right? OBJECTION! It's so much fun and every one of the sequels is just as fun in my book. I haven't played the new 3DS one yet but definitely plan to.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tyson Tomko posted:

James Rolfe does a retrospective of the TMNT color comics collections which was an interesting watch because I've had a rocky relationship with the property. I never liked the show, which alienated me from a lot of friends who had TMNT themed parties every loving year. But I loved the movies (at one point I could recite the entirety of the first movie), video games, and the occasional Mirage comic which felt so unique set apart from the boring rear end X-TREME 90s style where everyone grits their teeth and flexes their muscles while not doing anything. Eastman and Laird were obviously influenced by manga and European comics (they even purchased the Heavy Metal label) and there were few American comics like it.

I wish the Turtles would get some more video game love. I look at Rocksteady's Batman games and think how appropriate they would be with the turtles with the hybrid stealth/action gameplay. But that last Turtles game was gently caress awful and they somehow screwed up the remake of Turtles in Time, I don't understand how you can mess that game up it should build itself!

minidracula posted:

Once I pick up a charger for my PSP, I'll be back with a similar request, so if you feel so inclined, go ahead and suggest PSP games too. I only brought Space Invaders Extreme, Every Extend Extra, and Lumines with me when I moved (the rest are in storage).

Oh boy, to be ignorant of Nintendo's handheld library. I'll go with non-Nintendo choices because those are obvious

Contra 4. This game will kick you in the crotch repeatedly.
Dragon Quest 1-6 are available in their most playable forms. 100+ hours of classic RPG loving right there.
Retro Game Challenge. RGC2 recently finished its translation patch.
Ace Attorney series. They're all good, even the so-so Apollo Justice.
Infinite Space is a very strange, hard, and engaging futuristic RPG.
Astro Boy Omega Factor. Trust me on this one.

I would go on but there's so many good games I'm just coming up empty.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 6, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

minidracula posted:

Retro Game Challenge for DS. This is a game loosely based off Game Center CX (although some of the references are removed in the official English version).

It is a collection of old Famicom games, but it does the following amazing things to give you the full 80's gaming experience:

1. None of the games are actual Famicom games, they are Famicom-alikes but are drat near indistinguishable from actual similar Famicom games from that era. Think Mega Man 9/10.
2. You are given challenges by Arino's evil spirit to complete with each game.
3. You have been sent back in time and play with Arino as a child, who comments as you play (so if you grab a 1-up he'll go "Yeah! Extra Life!" and stuff like that).
4. The games are all good enough, relative to their "release year", to stand on their own merits, and can be played independently of the challenges. These are surprisingly deep games with secrets that pop up well beyond where the challenges for it ended.
5. Young Arino buys issues of "GameFan magazine", a Nintendo Power-alike you can rifle through, which will have a bunch of industry jokes (e.g. they keep hyping up an amazing RPG that's coming out really soon and keeps getting last-minute delays for something like 3 years) as well as things like cheat codes/continue codes to assist you in the challenges. The original Japanese version has pictures of various Game Center CX staff but they got replaced in the US release.

The sequel just got an unofficial English patch. It's more of the same, but upgraded in a few ways:

1. There are now Sega-alike games.
2. There are other game genres, including a two-part Famicom Disk System-alike visual novel detective game.
3. There's a store you can visit which has remixed versions of the previous game's...games.

Of course, since it isn't an official release you'll have to get a flash cart to play the second game.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

al-azad posted:

Eastman and Laird were obviously influenced by manga and European comics (they even purchased the Heavy Metal label) and there were few American comics like it.

"Purchased" Heavy Metal is an understatement. Eastman cast his wife as the lead on the second, reviled Heavy Metal movie, as well as modeled the character on her. And to bring this back around to retrogames, the game tie-in was infamously bad.

I haven't thought of Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.² in years...

Edit: So the copy I bought had a cover based on the movie poster. On the other hand, some people got this thing (:nws:, technically not but good luck explaining to your boss so :nws: ).

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 6, 2014

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

minidracula posted:

I freaking loved the PSP to death so here's some:

Ys 7 - Far and away one of the best games on the system. A fast-paced action RPG with tons of challenge and personality.
Ys Oath in Felghana - Not as good as 7 but still an amazing Ys game.
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core - Short (especially if you don't do every quest like I did) and sweet. It's hard to go back to normal 7 after playing this one, though, I can never stop thinking how much more entertaining it was to play as Zack instead of Cloud. Anyway it's more of an action RPG than anything else, and the load times will kick you in the balls sometimes, but it's fun and the story is engaging thanks to a likeable and relatable main character.
Tactics Ogre - A really good tactics game. There's really not much more to it than that. The story is deep and gripping and the moral choices you make will weigh heavily on you as you ponder what path you want to take. A great game that pulls you in.
Corpse Party - One of the better horror games out there. Don't let the anime characters and 16-bit RPG graphics fool you, this game will keep you up late at night. Make sure to play with headphones for full effect, since they used surround-sound recording.
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - It's been said often that this is neither as good as 1 or 3, but it's still a very solid game. If you don't absolutely loathe high school anime hijinks (IE the stuff in this game that goes on between battles) then you should definitely pick it up.
Dissidia 012 - Even if you're not a huge Final Fantasy fan, this is a fighting game you should check out. Don't bother with the original since 012 has all the content from that plus some new stuff. The only complaint I had was that you have to play through the new stuff to get to the old stuff, and I don't particularly like any of the new characters or care about their stories. That said it's fun and different and a must have for the system. Triply so if you're an FF fan.
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - A really good JRPG.
Persona 3 Portable - It's Persona 3 but you can play as a girl.
Pangya Fantasy Golf - PSP's answer to Mario Golf. An absolutely amazing fun golf game that is one of those titles that can get even golf-haters like me enthralled. There's just enough anime magic BS thrown in to make it so you can become a pro without making perfect shots every time, and enough to do with the story mode and unlocking tournaments that even without friends to play against you can still get tons of hours of entertainment out of it.
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - A remake of one of the best 'normal' (IE not Metroidvania) Castlevanias, and which bizarrely has the entirety of Symphony of the Night as an unlockable bonus. You'll just be stumbling through a stage and bam, you just unlocked a full version of one of the best games on the PS1, congrats. Amazing.
PoPoLoCrois - Though it's not as good as the original games it's based on, it IS the only version of the PoPoLoCrois story available in English. The style and simplicity might not be for everyone, but it's a very charming and rare RPG that would look good in any collection.
Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection - Final Fantasy 4, plus The After Years which was previously only available as a Nintendo eShop download, plus a completely original (and completely short and pointless) Interlude to tie the two stories together. I would call this the definitive version of FF4 since it includes graphical updates as well as a remixed soundtrack, plus all the additions from the GBA version. Yeah the DS version has some stuff this one doesn't, but that's almost a completely different game by this point. This is still the best version of the game IMO.

Those are my top recommends off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a few more I've forgotten about but I figure that should definitely be enough for now.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Getsuya posted:

Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection - Final Fantasy 4, plus The After Years which was previously only available as a Nintendo eShop download, plus a completely original (and completely short and pointless) Interlude to tie the two stories together. I would call this the definitive version of FF4 since it includes graphical updates as well as a remixed soundtrack, plus all the additions from the GBA version. Yeah the DS version has some stuff this one doesn't, but that's almost a completely different game by this point. This is still the best version of the game IMO.

Agreed, although the DS/iOS version has a slightly better translation (although without the GBA/After Years extras).

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

minidracula posted:

Here's my list of musts for the DS:
Ghost Trick
Retro Game Challenge
Elite Beat Agents
Picross 3D
Okamiden

And here are some games that I really loved but wouldn't necessarily insist someone buy:
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol
Style Savvy (yes, really)
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times/Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry (depending on which region you're in)
Every Professor Layton game
Dragon Quest IX

Also I would argue that every DS Dragon Quest port is the best Dragon Quest port, but I'll also readily admit that I haven't played any other ports of them. Still, they're really great.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wasn't acid supposed to post a picture of the carts that he did have by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

al-azad posted:

James Rolfe does a retrospective of the TMNT color comics collections which was an interesting watch because I've had a rocky relationship with the property. I never liked the show, which alienated me from a lot of friends who had TMNT themed parties every loving year. But I loved the movies (at one point I could recite the entirety of the first movie), video games, and the occasional Mirage comic which felt so unique set apart from the boring rear end X-TREME 90s style where everyone grits their teeth and flexes their muscles while not doing anything. Eastman and Laird were obviously influenced by manga and European comics (they even purchased the Heavy Metal label) and there were few American comics like it.

Turtles started out as a mix of satire and love letter to modern and silver age US comics, and the old series was laced with Easter eggs because of it. The biggest one I remember is in the first issue. The cylinder of mutagen that falls off a swerving truck and smashes the turtle bowl and mutates the turtles first bounces off the head of a kid who runs into the street to save an old man who almost gets hit by said truck, alluding to the accident that created the turtles was the same accident that blinded Matt Murdock/created Daredevil.

I would kill for a modern Turtles game done well. The old Turtles beat em ups I loved as a kid just don't do it for me at all anymore. Other than the Capcom D&D games, none of the old Capcom brawlers stand up for long with me at all.

• Locked thread