Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Great White Hope posted:

For what it's worth, I brought up Nazis because the biggest movie franchise right now (The Avengers) outright began, timeline-wise, with a guy fighting Nazis, and certainly if homophobic villains have no place in media, Nazis don't either.

I paid 60 dollars two weeks ago to buy a video game that's nothing but shooting Nazis because shooting Nazis is fun because they're dickheads and I want to see them get comeuppance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
The Briscoes aren't worth talking about. This is, though:

Here's the link: Alberto Del Rio: 'Take Time to Be a Dad Today'.

There's also one with Roman Reigns, which is just wonderful. I can't find a link for the video that isn't on tumblr, though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sunsweet posted:

Here's the link: Alberto Del Rio: 'Take Time to Be a Dad Today'.

There's also one with Roman Reigns, which is just wonderful. I can't find a link for the video that isn't on tumblr, though.

Wait, does Roman have a daughter? Also good lord that man is unfairly handsome.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He does. I need to see this video, it looks hilarious.

NY Times posted:

Featured in them are Mr. Del Rio, reading at bedtime to his son; Mr. Reigns, singing “I’m a Little Teapot” with his daughter; and Mr. O’Neil, playing cards with his two sons.

Aw yiss. The use of "Mr. Reigns" is making me laugh.

Edit 2: Here's the video direct link.

Rand McNally fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 6, 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also good lord that man is unfairly handsome.

Stop being so selfish Roman! Spread the wealth :argh:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What are you :lol:ing at, exactly? MRT is right.
I know. It was a sick burn, and I was laughing at it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wasn't sure, since it's LL.
:mad:

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 6, 2014

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

sunsweet posted:

Ok so I was expecting that video to be some Be a Star type video...but it wasn't and it kicked rear end! This has me feeling so warm and fuzzy inside.

OMG the Roman Reigns one is just as good if not somehow better :3:

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 6, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Solomonic posted:

This is probably true, especially combined with IWS having never been particularly sensitive or politically correct, and there was definitely a lot of crazy poo poo going on. I remember seeing this at Breakout 2005 and being like "drat that dude is awesome for taking those chops". It was the era of Super Dragon so the more you stiffed people and dropped them on their heads, the better I perceived you as being. :shobon: That match actually ends in an unprotected top rope double knee cannonball senton, which in retrospect is absolutely insane but it blew the roof off the place.

So yeah, I think you're right. If people like a wrestler, that tends to transcend bad gimmicks.

Call it the Real Americans corollary. The Real Americans were awesome, so people cheered them, despite their manager's reprehensible politics. Although obviously Zeb isn't as offensive as a fuckin' nazi.

I hate Quebec Nazis.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Thought that said fatherdog for a second and had many many questions.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That Del Rio video is adorable. :)

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Rand McNally posted:

Edit 2: Here's the video direct link.

Roman Reign's is the greatest gift to mankind. Anyone have the Titus one as well?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Call it the Real Americans corollary. The Real Americans were awesome, so people cheered them, despite their manager's reprehensible politics. Although obviously Zeb isn't as offensive as a fuckin' nazi.

All this post reminded me of was Swagger after winning the Elimination Chamber, where the gimmick was starting to get into it's swing and Swagger & Zeb getting some very awkward pops and cheers from certain citites.

There was sound sweetening on a specific Smackdown which made he seem like the most hated heel in the history of the company, only to cover the cheers he was getting.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 6, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Whenever you have to ask if an Anoa'i has children the answer is always yes.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Roman Reign's is the greatest gift to mankind. Anyone have the Titus one as well?

They're all here.

And now look what this has started (put me in line, too).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

I know. It was a sick burn, and I was laughing at it.

:mad:

Sorry for the misunderstanding buddy. Let's bond over the amazingness that is Roman Reigns Tea Party. :3:

I also can't be the only one that heard Roman's "Take time to be a dad....today." as having serious undertones of "And if you don't I'll come to your house and spear you, you delinquent deadbeat", can I?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 6, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Titus's is great too.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Believe in the teacup, indeed.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry for the misunderstanding buddy. Let's bond over the amazingness that is Roman Reigns Tea Party. :3:

I also can't be the only one that heard Roman's "Take time to be a dad....today." as having serious undertones of "And if you don't I'll come to your house and spear you, you delinquent deadbeat", can I?

They wouldn't let Rollins do one because even if he HAD kids, his motivational trash-talk wouldn't be family-friendly.

And Ambrose gives kids nightmares.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Edwardian posted:

And Ambrose gives kids nightmares.

Ambrose would just be the start of him picking the kid up for court approved visitation, then saying "Let me go get some smokes" and fading to black

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
After that video push Reigns. Push him hard. All the titles. :allears:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ambrose would just be the start of him picking the kid up for court approved visitation, then saying "Let me go get some smokes" and fading to black

Except it won't be his kid.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ambrose sure is sleazy, amirite fellas?????

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

After that video push Reigns. Push him hard. All the titles. :allears:

They will be, don't worry.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

They will be, don't worry.

Pfft, what're they gonna do, have him beat Evolution one by one and then build to him winning the title/Royal Rumble?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Roman Reigns is not a good wrestler. Dean Ambrose does seem to be a pretty big carny in real life though.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Bigass Moth posted:

Roman Reigns is not a good wrestler. Dean Ambrose does seem to be a pretty big carny in real life though.

If 1/10th of the stuff he used to reference happening to him as a kid when he was cutting promos as Jon Moxley is true, the dude has every right in the world to be as carny as he wants to be.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

How is he a big carny in real life? He seems like a pretty normal dude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Reigns has improved quite a large amount since his debut already. If you go back to watching the first Shield match, you'll see it in no time what so ever. He'll never be Daniel Bryan levels of technical skill, but the guy is doing all he can to get better.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Dean Ambrose does seem to be a pretty big carny in real life though.

Please tell the story.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Wrestlers on Twitter

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...is she joking or not? I can't tell.

I also now want to see Joey try the Clash.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I was there today and AJ Styles was in the same room.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Looks like a joke to me.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@davemeltzerWON 1m
Jim Ross out of the hospital. Good to hear.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Oh Zeb :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jim Ross was in the hospital?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Even with all the xenophobia, I can't help but love this crotchety old man deftly standing up against the immigrant millennial minions of undeath.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

sunsweet posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > Punchsport Pagoda > Wrestlers on Twitter

Those two are both too hilariously proportioned to play basketball without it being hysterical.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
How you're either sure they'll never fire you or you're really dumb:

And with Randy, you never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Daniel Bryan posted:

How you're either sure they'll never fire you or you're really dumb:

And with Randy, you never know.

I don't think this is all that different from guys mentioning Benoit in interviews. And that happens pretty often