Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I've been watching periodic Sasha videos that saagonsa posts, so the dub seems pretty good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Rush Limbaugh is now an anime

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Okay seriously who's going to tell them that this isn't a very good endorsement

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Cardboard Box A posted:

Holy poo poo. I had to go check for myself that that wasn't a parody. It really is his zine's official cover.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Saagonsa posted:

Okay seriously who's going to tell them that this isn't a very good endorsement

I don't even see how they are even connected...at all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Cus people get eaten and die or something.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."

PaganGoatPants posted:

Kild posted:

Cus people get eaten and die or something.

It's a relatively niche title of a niche genre (horror graphic novel) that has blown up to into a ratings curve destroying cross media behemoth.

You seriously don't see any similarities?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
plus io9 is like insanely terrible

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Endless death and despair.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
The Walking Dead is pretty much an anime if you think about it

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Cardboard Box A posted:

The Walking Dead is pretty much an anime if you think about it

Not that I overly care about TWD spoilers, but spoiler tag that poo poo.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
It isnt a spoiler its a joke story that was a response to a reader letter years prior to that issue.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's that time again folks.

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/87977344452/oh-poo poo-i-think-its-finally-happening-chapter-58

Chapter Summery spoilers:

Levi and Kenny duke it out, and give some exposition to their history together.
The 104th attacks the carriage. Mikasa and Levi do the heavy lifting.
Jean hesitates to take a life.
The whole thing was a trap to eliminate the Survey Corps.
Historia and Eren meet Rod Reiss face to face. His behavior comes as a surprise to everyone.

No that isn't Kenny.

Going by the last few pages. Kenny might have the power of the titans.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 6, 2014

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Can we just call Kenny 'Kanye'? I feel like that should be a thing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So wait, this means that Levi is a shifter? Am I understanding that page correctly?

Edit: never mind I completely misunderstood that page.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 6, 2014

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Factory Factory posted:

It took me forever to understand that. You have to pronounce it in some Frenchie way, like you would "Versailles." It's like the world's most obnoxious "East Asians pronounce 'R' and 'L' the same" joke, except done utterly seriously.

Levi's name in Japanese is リヴァイ. Versailles in Japanese is ベルサイユ. リヴァイ doesn't seem to have a ユ at the end of it, so I doubt it's meant to be French or something.

edit: Oh hell, is Chapter 58 out?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 6, 2014

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Cardboard Box A posted:

So does this mean that Rush is about to turn into a democrat?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Bluemillion posted:

So does this mean that Rush is about to turn into a democrat?

Yep, and then the other Republicans will try to kill him.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

It's that time again folks.

Who the gently caress is "kenny"? Levi's dad?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Who the gently caress is "kenny"? Levi's dad?

http://www.mangasky.com/Attack_on_Titan/56/38/ Captain Kenny Ackerman.

I don't think Kenny is his biological father but he did raise Levi and gave him his surname.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 7, 2014

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This is from the SnK wiki page for Ymir's story. I was reading through it and I saw this section

quote:

An epilogue reveals that she survived the battle, and fled with the traitors to the ruins of the Shiganshina District. There, she berates herself for her foolish actions. When questioned about her actions, she states that she knows that Reiner and Bertolt cannot return to their homeland empty handed, and offers herself as a prisoner. Reiner attempts to let her go, but she refuses this kindness and states that she is tired. Bertolt asks why she saved his life, and she responds by expressing her gratitude to them since their actions led to her regaining human form. She claims to be the only one capable of understanding their circumstances, further expressing sympathy as they are "the same" and unable to do anything on their own. Thinking of Historia, she smiles and states that playing "Goddess" isn't so bad, referencing the girl's selfless reputation.

Can anyone link me this part of the story? I can't find the pages anywhere.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

This is from the SnK wiki page for Ymir's story. I was reading through it and I saw this section

Can anyone link me this part of the story? I can't find the pages anywhere.

http://imgur.com/a/RXkmj

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://imgur.com/a/Ne8xC

Translated Chapter 58, enjoy.

If Jean was going to die this chapter, it wouldn't have been ambiguous. Mikasa killed the soldier or was the injured one. It's kind of a shame too because I think Jean's death here would be a powerful moment. It would serve as a lesson to the rest of the cast that every first squad they don't kill endangers all of them. Connie and Sasha would gain the will to kill. Jean's death here would be great, because he really would die for (his) humanity.

Now what's going to happen is Jean will be willing to kill after seeing the possible consequences.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 8, 2014

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
God drat its such a great sight to see Levi go all out. Can't wait to see this chapter animated.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Holy poo poo, the setting's going all Wild West on us, love it.

It looks like Armin's actually pulling a gun from his coat, so I'm thinking it's he that blew her brains out, not Mikasa cutting her down. Which I'm way cool with, if only because none of the characters would expect Armin to do that.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 8, 2014

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Terper posted:

Holy poo poo, the setting's going all Wild West on us, love it.

It looks like Armin's actually pulling a gun from his coat, so I'm thinking it's he that blew her brains out, not Mikasa cutting her down. Which I'm way cool with, if only because none of the characters would expect Armin to do that.

Did not notice that. :vince: That's outstanding. I take back everything I said.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Amazing, amazing. Throwing a chair out, then grappling that guy in the throat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This was honestly probably some of the best action the series has had, wow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

This was honestly probably some of the best action the series has had, wow.

We're so used to big flailing Titan arms, seeing all those shots just grazing Levi is loving nerve-wracking.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
"This world is full of unpredictable occurences."

How unintentially meta.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo, Levi.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Man, every time we think "everything is hosed, emphasis on everything" the crew manages to pull through by the skin of their teeth.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving hell what a loving action paced chapter.

Yeah, looking close. Armin is definitely going into his jacket to reach for a gun. Just look at that reaction shot, Armin looks like he's going to murder that person. That is the scary thing about Armin. He thinks two steps ahead. This is probably the only manga that makes me think oh god someone is going to die. Levi had way too many close moments where he almost got hit. Goddamn Levi just really shows you shouldn't gently caress with him.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 8, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
When did Armin get a pistol? I thought the only guns they had were rifles.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well...

Considering this manga does enjoy showing us the result of why certain things happen. For example, the whole suspect ion of Annie being a titan, we got a flash back chapter to Armin talking to everyone he had a theory who the female titan was. I won't be surprised, once things cool down we get a flash back of Levi giving Armin a pistol because he knows Armin can at least keep his cool during situations like this.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

As Shindragon said, Armin had that flare gun when the confrontation with Annie started. Now he's just upgraded. He probably carries a pistol around these days now that they're on the lam.

Edit: Levi is probably going to chew out Jean over this next chapter now that he sees first hand one of the possible consequences of remaining a pacifist.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 8, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:stare:

Well....that escalated quickly. Yeah, I'm in the "Armin just busted a cap in a mofo's face" crowd, now that it was pointed out. Out of all the cast, he's the one who's really changed a lot from the start. Who'd have thought the wimpy nerd grows into the unhinged strategist? poo poo, by the end of the manga, Armin is going to be Anime David Xanatos if he keeps up this pace. However, the Kenny/Levi dynamic stood out a bit more for me. It almost feels like a mentor/student or two friends relationship, rather than a parent/child relationship.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Broseph Brostar posted:

Levi had one when he had to watch over the late Pastor Nick.

And yeah, holy poo poo. Action packed as all hell. For all of his skill, Kenny seems to garner little respect from his Men in Black colleagues.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The art in this is never usually great but this page http://i.imgur.com/DD4k0oA.png (obvious spoilers for latest chapter) had me laughing for like five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 30, 2017