Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

COWARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
If your horse has diabeetus

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Where did Orb place. Was there a horse named Orb in this race

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Holy poo poo the heartbreaking loss was worth it for the rant.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Need a gif of him turning to his wife

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That was ... not a graceful acceptance of a loss.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

He'd make a great wrestling manager. Guy is right, and by his logic Wicked Strong should have won it handily.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Haha, his wife (I think that's his wife behind him?) didn't look too happy about his grumbling

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Kilonum posted:

Holy poo poo the heartbreaking loss was worth it for the rant.
I am glad I didn't switch channels.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I...I turned to Cops for the 15 minutes between the finish and the start of the game. :negative:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jiro posted:

He'd make a great wrestling manager.

MY CLIENT, CALIFORNIA CHROME, SHOULD HAVE CONQUERED THE TRIPLE CROWN AT BELMONT

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hahaha, his wife is trying to settle him down.

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008
Wow, geez. Sore loser right there. I mean he has a point, but still.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

He should have gotten topical and blamed the lack of air conditioning

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Don't they give something to the horses that helps them shed water weight right before the race?

Yes, the drug Lasix. It's hosed up and North American racing needs to clean up its act.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody likes a whinnyer

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Krackleburt posted:

Wow, geez. Sore loser right there.

Well, they caught him in the heat of the moment with a lot of adrenaline crashing through his veins. He handled that really poorly, but it's not like I could've done better. :shrug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Vertical Lime posted:

He should have gotten topical and blamed the lack of air conditioning

I was hoping he'd shoehorn Obama into it somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, dude who owns Tonalist has apparently been a breeder for 50 years and it's the first horse he's ever had in a triple crown race. That's kinda :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Seriously though, hope you liked that rant because you're gonna see it for the next two weeks. :sigh:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wow that was a rant :eyepop:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Did the horses at least have a good time?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Seriously though, hope you liked that rant because you're gonna see it for the next two weeks. :sigh:

I sure did.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Krackleburt posted:

Wow, geez. Sore loser right there. I mean he has a point, but still.

I'd muted it, what was his point?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Wasn't there some famous athlete who had a painting commissioned of himself as a centaur? Please tell me I'm not imagining this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

He isn't wrong in the logic of it, doesn't mean it's going to change a thing when you have these other farms that are worth millions and millions that know exactly how to play the game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Wasn't there some famous athlete who had a painting commissioned of himself as a centaur? Please tell me I'm not imagining this.

Yes... A-Rod... hence the photoshop.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

As long as its played in a montage with I'M A MAN I'M 40 and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJItKSMIhQ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I mean the dude has a point, there's a gigantic amount of horses compared to the last triple crown winner's environment, but that wasn't the way to get the point across.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

That horses who haven't ran in the previous two out of three Triple Crown races run in the Belmont and spoil things for potential Triple Crown winners.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't blame him, I'd rant like that too. I was kinda surprised to learn that fresh horses would be in the field, but then I stopped looking into horse racing when I discovered some of the hosed up things going on. Hey, none of them have to be killed on the track though, good race :toot:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eltoasto posted:

I don't blame him, I'd rant like that too. I was kinda surprised to learn that fresh horses would be in the field, but then I stopped looking into horse racing when I discovered some of the hosed up things going on. Hey, none of them have to be killed on the track though, good race :toot:

I was there when Eight Bells died. :smith:

And don't even get me started about Barbaro.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Once again, my $5 on a 20-1 ends with my horse in dead last half the race.

I am bad at horse betting.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

As long as its played in a montage with I'M A MAN I'M 40 and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJItKSMIhQ

Don't forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

That it's bullshit to gently caress over his the chance at a Triple Crown by skipping the Derby & Preakness to run the Belmont on full rest against his horses that ran at least one of the two other big races in the past month.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes... A-Rod... hence the photoshop.

I thought it was just a play on the horse in the race named General A Rod. That's too good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

When will the league crack down on horse concussions

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

oldskool posted:

That it's bullshit to gently caress over his the chance at a Triple Crown by skipping the Derby & Preakness to run the Belmont on full rest against his horses that ran at least one of the two other big races in the past month.

It's not like that's not the way they've run the three races since forever. If horses can't win all three because there's more good horses competing...well, too bad? All the horses are fairly evenly matched? I don't exactly think they should rig it to make more Triple Crown winners.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 8, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

It is bullshit. Imagine if you can sit your starters the whole season then just show up at the World Series/Stanley Cup/Super Bowl with your main guys who have been rested all season. It's loving garbage and it's no surprise that no one watches horse racing anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well that was certainly a wild emotional ride! I don't think I've ever seen a Triple Crown cycle this all over the place before.

It just went from :dance: to :neckbeard: to :ohdear: to :smith: to :stonk: in the span of like 10 minutes. My heart can't take this!

• Locked thread