Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

TheMcD posted:

where I had some terrible bad luck to start with

This is completely true. Eventually it got better, but the start of the match was a sight to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
The new fumbbl client was made literally by one person if I've understood it right. And the pathing there is brilliant.

This is just a personal opinion, but "being 3D" is the only thing cyanide has going for it and it asks a steep steep price for it in stupid UI and pathfinding and bugs and no custom logos (I can understand they don't have manpower to check all submissions for penises but the point stands) and so on and so forth.

That said, I have played my share of cyanide and am cautiously optimistic for BB II. Once they've released and bundled all the fricken teams.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Duuk posted:

Once they've released and bundled all the fricken teams.

What are they bringing out for BBII? Eight teams? That's a pretty pathetic showing.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm impressed you guys managed to stay on-topic for so long, turns out hatred of dwarfs is a topic that's very resilient to derails

:siren:Second Half:siren:
Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necro) vs Lonely Mountain Crew (CongoJack, Dwarf)

Final Thoughts: Ick. Again, probably the most fun dwarf match I've ever seen, but for as fun as this match was it means the next match is going to be rough (and actually I'm going to make a special call for coaches with low TV teams as my next opponent). We're down to 10 active players, and 1 merc zombies in the next match leaves us at 1010 TV. However, after the next match we'll hopefully have enough money for a second Wolf, and both Wight Power and The FP will be back and basically unscathed. I'm going to put The FP's fate up to a vote but given how you guys brought back Pelvis I don't think he'll be going anywhere. The downgrade from 9AV to 8AV on a Flesh Golem is negligible (also you have to respect DA LEAN). It's going to be rough going for a match (maybe two if we can't rebuy wolfmans, or choose to not rebuy wolfmans) but it's by no means a retireable team. I considered adding that as a voting option (retire the team, end the LP) but knowing you all you'd do it and then we'd be done. And that's no fun.

:siren:IF YOU'RE SIGNED UP TO PLAY AGAINST FAIRLY ELECTED:siren:
And you want to bring a low TV team (fresh or near 1000) to fight me, come contact me however (IRC, SA PM's, gnuordersa @ gmail). Considering a lot of people on the list are experienced coaches who want to play their experienced teams, this could be a good chance for some of you newbies to get your match played, but mostly it's because I don't want to have to ask 10 or so people if they want to bring a rookie team and get rejected. So contact me somehow by the time voting closes if you want to play in the next match, and I'll play against the person who's highest up on the waiting list.

What skill do we give Dr. Wight, the Wight?
What do we do with the newly seriously concussed Flesh Prince, Flesh Golem? - Keep Him (Called it early, an overwhelming majority are in favor of this)
What do we do with our money? - Save Up For Werewolf (Ditto for this)
Voting ends Monday around 6PM CST

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 8, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Well, every team ends up with this kind of game eventually. The lucky thing is that we got a level out of it! This is a boring level (normals on a Wight) but it's still important. Three big choices here:

Guard is probably the most stable choice. Guard is a Strength skill that allows you to grant assists in your Tackle Zones regardless of whether or not you have any other adjacent players. This makes it a lot easier to set up blocks, especially on the Line of Scrimmage or against stronger teams. Every team that wants to punch should have some Guard on it, and Wights start with Block, so it's easy for them to get Guard quick. However, it's often better to get Guard on the Flesh Golems since they're harder to knock over or push out of the scrum.

Mighty Blow is the other big option, as Wights make great mobile man-manglers. As this video has demonstrated, Mighty Blow is a Big Deal. Not only will Mighty Blow give us a punching edge, but it'll also let Dr. Wight level up faster, since every CAS he earns with Mighty Blow will be 2 extra SPP in the bank. Plus, everyone loves seeing the blood.

Tackle is the extra-boring option. Every team should have a tackler, since it makes them much more efficient against Elves and other dodgy teams. However, because it has no effect outside of facing teams with Dodge, it's rarely a good first skill, and would be much better once you have something like Mighty Blow + Piling On so that you can smash the hell out of some elves.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TheMcD posted:

What are they bringing out for BBII? Eight teams? That's a pretty pathetic showing.
Yeah.

Orcs
Humans
Chaos
Dwarves
Skaven I think?
Bretonnians (apparently like Fend-ier Vamps in terms of lineup, historically)
High Elves (aka The Boringest Elfs)
Dark Elves (yeah OK I guess)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I want my Dr. Wight to punch things to death and become really strong, so give him Mighty Blow.

Keep the Flesh Prince.

Save for wolf.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Give the wight guard because I feel bad for arguing so strongly for pass

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010
God, gently caress dwarfs.

Let's take mighty blow so we can kill dwarfs in the future.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Guard, Keep, Save for wolf

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Dr. Wight probably wants Guard. It's especially good against TV1000 teams, and it never gets old.

Keep the Flesh Prince; as you get higher in TV, you'll run into more Claw, and at that point, -AV ain't no thing.

Save for a new Wolf.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mighty Blow because we need to kill more mans.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
The Mightiest Blow Let's get a Wight that can actually hurt people, and not get his shins broken.

Keep the Flesh Prince, it was a Mighty Blow Dauntless Troll Slayer with assists, you can't fault him for getting knocked on his rear end by that poo poo.

Save for the Wolf. Zombies, we can get Zombies later, we can get Zombies in game even. But that was an incredibly valuable investment that contributed nothing more then SPP for a Troll Slayer, that must not happen again, we will get the Wolf and the first level up is going to be loving Block or Dodge, no questions asked. Protect your investments with good punching skills, Elf Ball never kept players alive, Murderball will.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Mighty Blow, Keep, and Save for a new puppy

That was a disaster of a game and dwarves are terrible.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Realtalk, I thought the picture for the second half would have :hitler: instead of the Dwarf art.

Keep the Flesh Prince, pulling off the Cholo Lean is worth at least one free pass. Get Guard for Dr. Wight, it's a useful skill. And save for a new Wolf, those guys are the backbone of the team.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Strong arm. We need a second passer in case the first one dies like last game.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Keep Flesh Prince, save for a new Wolf, and give Dr. Wight Mighty Blow. I think you suffered enough after that game.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Iretep posted:

Strong arm. We need a second passer in case the first one dies like last game.

Because Sissy Elf Ball skills worked out so well for Wight Power

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
He never even touched the ball :colbert:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Iretep posted:

He never even touched the ball :colbert:

He got his balls touched though.

Never let a Dwarf touch your ball(s)

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Mighty blow.

Keep flesh prince.

Save for new wolf.

Kill some dwarfs next time to fill out the team.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

MRLOLAST posted:

Kill some dwarfs next time to fill out the team.

That would require playing dwarfs, though. I would wager that killing Elves to fill out the team would work better. I could oblige to be the "sacrificial lamb", but that depends on who else steps up as well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

tlarn posted:

Realtalk, I thought the picture for the second half would have :hitler: instead of the Dwarf art.

Those are the same thing.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

TheMcD posted:

That would require playing dwarfs, though. I would wager that killing Elves to fill out the team would work better. I could oblige to be the "sacrificial lamb", but that depends on who else steps up as well.

They killed some elfs before and then sacked the zombie. With hindsight that was bad :)

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Give the good doctor Catch. :getin:

Whoops, thought this was available on normals for some reason. Give him Sure Hands.

Also, save up for another wolf who is less or possibly more hungry.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 8, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Mighty blow, keep, save.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Magnetic North posted:

Give the good doctor Catch. :getin:

He rolled normals and Catch is an Agility skill. Wights don't have Agility access on normals.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Keep, Cheerleaders, Mighty Blow

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Get Guard because it is pretty much way more useful than mighty blow is. It will be way more useful in your next game and with only four players with natural strength access you want to get guard as much as possible. You are supposed to blitz with the werewolf anyway and guard will help you do that.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Keep, Wolfie, Mighty Blow

I'd consider booting Flesh Princes useless arse if we were rolling in money instead of drowning in blood, but well, Dwarves are Hitler. Guard and Mighty Blow are about equally good skills but MB is more fun and Guard is better for Golems so it's kind of a non-choice really.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Keep, Guard, save for a new puppy.

That game looked really unfun to actually play, but it was definitely entertaining!

If it weren't for having the money crunch right now I would want to kick a 0 SPP -AV Fesh Golem but well here we are.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Guard, Keep Flesh Prince, Save for a wolf

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Mighty Blow for Dr. Wight.

Keep the Flesh Prince, so that he may continue to contribute his leaning skills to the team.

Save money to buy HungryLike II: Electric Boogaloo.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Mighty Blow, Keep, Get a puppy

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Jesus, and people wonder why we were all against dwarves. The only part of that entire match that redeemed that debacle was the Cholo Lean.

That said, Mighty Blow, Keep, Get a Wolf to replace Hungrylike.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
To be fair, that was such a beautiful match to watch. That is such perfect blood bowl on all levels.

Guard, Keep, Save for getting a first wolf after losing our other wolf next match

Carcassone
Dec 31, 2007
Alive (I think)
Mighty Blow, keep the Prince, and buy a new Wolf

...and not to be pedantic, but the word you were looking for in the first half was "onus".

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

FoolyCharged posted:

It just amazes me that in all of the new versions of the game cyanide sold, not one of the devs ever decided that spaces needing die rolls to reach should be visually flagged just like gfi's are when moving. It's not exactly the worlds most intensive game, so it's not like a less efficient path finding algorithm(probably necessary to decide which squares to color red or what have you) would kill them anyways.

Cyanide didn't give review copies out to reviewers

Because reviewers keep complaining they still haven't fixed the disappearing player bug. Or was it another bug.

2 or 4 minute turns is fine on the other topic. Sometimes you need those 4 minutes.
Also it lets me go grab a fresh coffee.

Dwarfs: Rerolling dubskulls into Dubskulls. Still fine.

Skull/BD into dubskulls.

These dice!

Double Edit: I would legit have taken that Both down on The Flesh Prince to free the ball.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 8, 2014

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Yeah.

Orcs
Humans
Chaos
Dwarves
Skaven I think?
Bretonnians (apparently like Fend-ier Vamps in terms of lineup, historically)
High Elves (aka The Boringest Elfs)
Dark Elves (yeah OK I guess)

Obviously they should have replaced Dwarves with Chaos Dwarves for that lineup :colbert:

And Woodies instead of High Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Pimpmust posted:

Obviously they should have replaced Dwarves with Chaos Dwarves for that lineup :colbert:

And Woodies instead of High Elves.

If they were not awful, then that would be logical.

• Locked thread