Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Raja appears so crosseyed there she could kill vampires with a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
In terms of terrible Drag Race alumni songs, where does this one rank? Venus D Lite with a guy who got plastic surgery to look like Justin Bieber and a gal who's trying to look like Jennifer Lawrence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Csg0XCGIk

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
I guess they all do this because Ru is a recording artist but ffs there's a reason that Drag Queens lip sync.

Ooner
Sep 24, 2005

Hey Girl posted:

I guess they all do this because Ru is a recording artist but ffs there's a reason that Drag Queens lip sync.

This is the reason I think Adore will probably have the best post-drag-race career, because she can actually sing.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Are you ready?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqGJ7I75aTE
Mathu! :swoon:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

I love it and this further cements Alaska as my favorite drag queen. Sorry season six.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Good lord.

Can we take Sharon's crown and give it to Alaska?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

We can do that, in our hearts. :allears:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I think I have a new favorite state

edit: found a Willam video I haven't seen before while looking at Alaska's stuff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSq-HgWekk

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 10, 2014

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

I think I have a new favorite state

edit: found a Willam video I haven't seen before while looking at Alaska's stuff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSq-HgWekk

Alaska was already my favorite state because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrokD1Uggk and also Sarah Palin but now also my favorite drag queen.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Alaska was my favorite wihtin a couple episodes of S5, but now I'm extending that love to the namesake. No room in my heart for Palin, though, but I doubt she's been back up there in years.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

Alaska was my favorite wihtin a couple episodes of S5, but now I'm extending that love to the namesake. No room in my heart for Palin, though, but I doubt she's been back up there in years.

I like to pretend that Palin is a performance artist.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I9kB24K8YM
Love her purple look

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

I never thought I'd say this about Tammie Brown - but yeah, that purple look was seriously channeling Katie Perry.

drat she's weird. In her own, Tammie way.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
You say weird, I say magical :allears:

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

CHiRAL posted:

You say weird, I say magical :allears:

Like a platypus... weird AND magical!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47zHLMOqsD0
This is the most amazing thing ever oh my loving god (language warning I guess)

EDIT: Just the song with more Willam

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 17, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
My wife and I are continuing our trek backwards through time and are in the home stretch of Season 4.

Season 4 Spoilers right here:
We knew Willam got disqualified and had read his explanation but then my wife read this interview where Sharon Needles contradicts Willam's story but won't go into details because of NDAs or whatever. Is there anything concrete on what happened?

Also holy poo poo I am watching too much drag related media. I saw the new Rolling Stone from a distance today and did a double take as I thought it was Willam on the cover.

One more thing I was curious about. We were watching some Showgirls at Micky's videos and the crowd are handing the queens dollars as they perform. Is that common or just at Micky's?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 19, 2014

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

FadedReality posted:

One more thing I was curious about. We were watching some Showgirls at Micky's videos and the crowd are handing the queens dollars as they perform. Is that common or just at Micky's?

Until/unless they have a deal with the bar and host a show of their own they make money with tips which they get from the audience which hands it to them!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Look on youtube for where Vicky does That Laughing Track and basically just walks up and down pantomiming the laugh while picking up dolla dolla bills y'all. That has to be my favourite :effort: performance that rakes in money from the crowd.

And my favourite version of why Willam got kicked off, was (yet another yootoob vid) explaining how he broke all the rules because he hated the catty low-level competition/cutthroat/bitchass part of it and told the staff and workers before the tapings, this is what he's going to do, these are the rules he's going to break, and exactly how. He knew what he was doing the whole time and I love that gently caress for it, goddammit.

Sorry I can't link because I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat and all the boolean terms I threw at the search engine couldn't dig it the gently caress up, apparently. But it's out there.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
She talks about it a bit on this radio stream thing that was filmed before the finale where everyone got their stories to match. I think the moment where Ru asks her "What did Willam do?" and she replies with "What didn't I do?" sums it up beautifully.
Sorry I can't get you a timestamp on that, it's been a while since I watched it myself. Just watch the whole thing, it's worth it cause Willam :allears:

In other news, DWV is over, officially. The stans are hoping all this drama is because Vicky Vox is going to be on season 7 but she straight out stated she will not be on it so there's no knowing what really happened. I just hope Willam and Detox can stay BFFs after the dust settles :ohdear:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ycvkTdovA
:kimchi:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 19, 2014

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Willam is so loving funny I can't even handle it.

Like none of the other queens have that same kind of effortless funny that Willam has.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Hey Girl posted:

Willam is so loving funny I can't even handle it.

Like none of the other queens have that same kind of effortless funny that Willam has.

Alaska has her own flavor of it IMO.

Speaking of funny this podcast featuring Lady Bunny and Bianca popped up on reddit today. It's from before season 6 aired (but I think after it was shot) and it's so goddamn funny I peed myself a little. Definitely give it a listen if you have 90 minutes to spare

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My girlfriend and I just got our picture taken with Bianca, Darien and Pandora. My first drag show ever. Pretty cool Friday night.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Here are a couple of videos of the queen in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NE6jIwCK5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6q0ribqNUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTQWRgcrmc

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
So what is going on with Detox and Willam? Super shady Ring My Bell.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEUSSUvZJI 4:09

Bina fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 26, 2014

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

There's been tension between Vicky and Willam for a few months, but the rumor I heard for what Detox's breaking point was involved Willam's recent Moovz gig in Israel. Apparently, the original booking request was for DWV, for not a lot of skrilla. William renegotiated it into a solo gig for a bit of a personal pay raise. Totally unsubstantiated, possibly false, but it's the "truest" sounding reason for the group split I've seen, since I take Vicky at her word that it's not a season 7 smokescreen faux-split.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Is it the Moovz gig though? I saw Willam say on Instagram that it was originally an unpaid gig and that's why he didn't accept it with DWV.
Do you have a source for your info?

RIP DWV :(

They have maybe 3 gigs that were previously booked left, might wanna look them up if you live on that one continent

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

No source but gossip. Though, Detox seems pretty ticked in the comments there, so that seems telling to me. Just adjust low-paying to free gig with DWV, that Willam refused with the group but was able to rebook for pay. Which, honestly, ain't that bad of a thing to do -- just makes me wonder who on Moovz's end hosed up the booking so bad. Seems like it never would've happened if they just offered a check to the group to begin with, but I assume they only offered the paid gig to Willam when they realized people don't fly 24 hours roundtrip for free and needed to get a somebody to appear.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm just catching up on earlier seasons, currently on Season 3. Stacey Layne Mathews is a woman for real, correct?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Rich Radbards posted:

I'm just catching up on earlier seasons, currently on Season 3. Stacey Layne Mathews is a woman for real, correct?
Nope. She was prom king! :haw:
I vaguely remember reading about her transitioning after the show but a quick search wields nothing so I could be confusing her with someone else... I'll look into it later maybe

EDIT: Looks like it was just some internet rumors and speculation, nothing official

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 26, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Thanks for all the links on the "What Did Willam Do?!" drama!

Watching Season 3 now as well and I felt kind of bad when Phoenix was saying Stacy Layne Matthews wasn't competition. Well, not TOO bad considering Phoenix wasn't much competition himself. :laugh:

Going backward through the seasons makes it strange to hear RuPaul varying the enunciation of the various show related words. Him saying condragulations to every person has been kind of a mindfuck as well. Also holy poo poo am I glad that the Season 6 reunion show was a bit less gimmicky. Both the Latoya cameo in Season 5 and the Charo cameo in Season 4 were awkward and terrible.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Do we think that cher will ever appear on the show?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
^^^nope.

The thread in which Reddit was breaking down the DWV breakup, or at least the beginning of it (noextrai is Willam)
There might be more Tea in Willam's tumblr if you really wanna dive into it.

In other news, Fashion Photo Ruview continues on even in the off season!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dqxKwVvrv0
Raven looks so good in this one :swoon:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Attn: any Toronto goons hoping to see the top 4 @ World Pride tonight - doors opened an hour ago and the line is two blocks long and growing rapidly. Almost 3 thousand people rsvp'd on Facebook so... better get over here! :dance:

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I just saw Laganja do an episode of James St. James' Transformations, and is it weird that now I'm kinda a fan of hers? I still think she was a hot mess on the show, but seeing her in a more relaxed natural state endears her to me. Even if she still says "okurr" and stuff, but I think that's just a thing if you're a gay Southerner. And her boy drag is insane, I want to see Laganja do Ziggy Stardust so bad.

Is there like a registry somewhere with a list of all the drag queens in the world? I had an idea for a drag name that I thought was clever and I want to make sure I didn't steal it subconsciously. Kultura L'apropreay Shaniqua

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

gently caress yeah, seeing Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 in October.

Booooooom.

Should I go to some other drag shows first to get a feel for the scene is stay a virgin until then?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

notaspy posted:

gently caress yeah, seeing Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 in October.

Booooooom.

Should I go to some other drag shows first to get a feel for the scene is stay a virgin until then?

Definitely go to other shows in the meantime. They're fun, and Alaska's probably going to do something pretty different anyway.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

Definitely go to other shows in the meantime. They're fun, and Alaska's probably going to do something pretty different anyway.

I live in London, are there any you'd recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

notaspy posted:

I live in London, are there any you'd recommend?

'Fraid not; I don't know the drag scene beyond my own city. I bet someone here will have some suggestions, though.

• Locked thread