Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jackyl posted:

I'm not a pro but for getting better I recommend the hammer game

You play dollar skins with carry overs and tpresses automatically accepted if you're down then the hammer works like the backgammon doubling cube. If you hammer, the hole bet either doubles or your opponent concedes the hole bet. you get a few hammers carry overs and presses, next thing you know you're playing a single hole for like five hundred bucks

Just $500 a hole? Pish-posh! Why not make it interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I should go set up a golf game involving hundreds of dollars per hole and then at the end I just pull a gun out and rob them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I play video golf

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The only good thing about golf was the tiger woods mysterious car crash story.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

naem posted:

Personally I prefer t-pones. The dialer's much the same but wwithout hammers, you do the shine-poke and with every turkey grond you have to super nail them bogies. Put your balls in teh hole

lol you never three putted to lose the two grand you were up

I did and it sucked, but I've also not done that

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Moridin920 posted:

I should go set up a golf game involving hundreds of dollars per hole and then at the end I just pull a gun out and rob them

i like it! let me know if you need a getaway driver

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
golf is boring as poo poo to play even when you're full of rum and cokes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

etalian posted:

The only good thing about golf was the tiger woods mysterious car crash story.

Golfers get mad laid hth some smoke too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Obligatory Toast posted:

golf is boring as poo poo to play even when you're full of rum and cokes

golf is fun to play sober. Sorry you hate fun.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
take this crooked stick and hit this tiny ball 150+ yards into a tiny loving hole and we'll put sand and poo poo in the way

now do it 18 times while carrying this heavy sack of clubs

yeah tons of fun

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Caddyshack is a legit great movie.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

It is.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Real talk.

Play golf in groups of 4 vs other teams. Play a scramble. Drink beer at 8 am.

It is about as good as life gets.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

take this crooked stick and hit this tiny ball 150+ yards into a tiny loving hole and we'll put sand and poo poo in the way

now do it 18 times while carrying this heavy sack of clubs

yeah tons of fun

lol wut? Golfcart you retard.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

naem posted:

Country clubs are suffering because while they were a status symbol for an older generation, younger people see them as an 80 year old's activity and won't pay huge money to watch grandpa drink scotch and piss his depends in the clubhouse

for reals if you dumb enough to ruin golf by only playing old people at a country club kill yourself, better yet IED the golfcart path.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
alright say they have golf carts for free use

you also get to gamble on one of three situations:

a) you are playing well, the people in front are not, you get to wait and do nothing while they muddle around. you might be able to play through, but some courses don't allow it and get SUPER PISSED if you do. if it's a full day you're just stuck waiting.

b) you are playing like poo poo, the people behind are waiting on you and you're causing a huge wait and people are getting pissed

c) everyone plays at about the same rate

C happens less than a third of the time.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

alright say they have golf carts for free use

you also get to gamble on one of three situations:

a) you are playing well, the people in front are not, you get to wait and do nothing while they muddle around. you might be able to play through, but some courses don't allow it and get SUPER PISSED if you do. if it's a full day you're just stuck waiting.

b) you are playing like poo poo, the people behind are waiting on you and you're causing a huge wait and people are getting pissed

c) everyone plays at about the same rate

C happens less than a third of the time.

you are very angry at golf.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
video game golf is alright though

e: although it still blows when you play 3 rounds of 18 hole golf and blow the LAST HOLE and lose the tournament. there might be mulligans now or some poo poo though I haven't played a Tiger Woods game in years.

racing games also suffer from 'race for 20 mins, gently caress up slightly at the end and it's all for nothing.'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

it's even better when you realize it was all method acting since the whole cast had wild booze and drug fueled parties after each day of shooting.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

etalian posted:

it's even better when you realize it was all method acting since the whole cast had wild booze and drug fueled parties after each day of shooting.

CANNONBALL!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i drive 300-320 and still shoot in the high 90s 100s from blacks/golds in other words golf sucks

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
or maybe its my putting and chipping that sucks

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

actually im terrible at golf.

40 of us got together and rented an entire course for the day (obv. not a country club).

We are going to do a shotgun start, with my poo poo rear end team at the rear.

we start at hole 1, the best team starts at hole 9.

They will never catch my poo poo team but I will still have fun drinking and hitting balls into the lake.

I wish golf balls had uranium in them to kill the fish, but alas they are nylon and rubber.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mini Golf is best golf.

The People's Golf.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

oh yea this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
queer rear end whitey white sport for rich people. also judging from how golfers behave it was the thing autismals did before internet. even polo doesn't have the level of nancy-boy privilege shown by golfers.

i played 8 holes once for a college class. had to try a new sport, and my group decided on golf. i don't think any of the four of us ever found a ball after we hit it. we'd see exactly where it landed, go over there, never loving find it, and say "gently caress it it was about here ya?"

gently caress golf.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nathilus posted:

queer rear end whitey white sport for rich people. also judging from how golfers behave it was the thing autismals did before internet. even polo doesn't have the level of nancy-boy privilege shown by golfers.

i played 8 holes once for a college class. had to try a new sport, and my group decided on golf. i don't think any of the four of us ever found a ball after we hit it. we'd see exactly where it landed, go over there, never loving find it, and say "gently caress it it was about here ya?"

gently caress golf.

oh so you're really bad at golf. I'm amazed. Paki? friend of the family? Wog? Chink? Gook?

I can keep on going.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Wendigee posted:

oh so you're really bad at golf. I'm amazed. Paki? friend of the family? Wog? Chink? Gook?

I can keep on going.

MIDDLE CLASS white person. Nearly as bad as any of those.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

rcman50166 posted:

golf is unnecessarily expensive, op

What are you talking about, golf is like super cheap.

You go to a pay and play course, bring your own clubs and play, it's pretty fun.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Golf is probably the most mentally difficult sport on the planet imo. It's just you, a hole in the ground, and a little white ball. Watching as it sails off out of bounds on the first hole if a tournament is probably the worst fuckin feeling in the world.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
I, too, enjoy a good expensive, lazy, non-sport where I can spend my hours gabbing with my pear-shaped accountant friends about 401k investments, sportscenter and how much we paid for designer napkin rings for our weddings.

Good thread, OP.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I only play frisbee golf

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Robot Pride posted:

I, too, enjoy a good expensive, lazy, non-sport where I can spend my hours gabbing with my pear-shaped accountant friends about 401k investments, sportscenter and how much we paid for designer napkin rings for our weddings.

Good thread, OP.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

seriously tho, kill all rich white people

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
the best bourgeois pastime is shark fishing, op

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They keep hiking the green fees up around me, soon every course in CA will cost a club to simply use the range.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Dely Apple posted:

They keep hiking the green fees up around me, soon every course in CA will cost a club to simply use the range.

Good maybe they'll price decent folk out of the game entirely. Then you and the rest will find Godly hobbies like PC gaming.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Nathilus posted:

Good maybe they'll price decent folk out of the game entirely. Then you and the rest will find Godly hobbies like PC gaming.

well, former golfers certainly are used to hobbies limited to the master race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Packing my tent, hash pipe and bongos and heading to pebble beach for the next incarnation of the occupy movement, we'll make that golf course into a loving shanty town

• Locked thread